AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 19:16   Link #7621
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
3rd option could LM/Nagi

who is Akamatsu's drinking buddy?
I think he's referring to Miura Kentaro the creator of Berserk, which is not a cheerful manga.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 19:17   Link #7622
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I think he's referring to Miura Kentaro the creator of Berserk, which is not a cheerful manga.
could be worst, he could be drinking buddy with the creator of Zetman.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:21   Link #7623
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who is Akamatsu's drinking buddy?
nobody famous AFAIR, Miura used to fool around in Ken's studio a couple of years ago for a day? (instead of working hard on his own manga WW) because he is a big time Yue fan, and it pretty much got exaggerate way out of proportion by the fans, Hata (Hayate) was paired with him for promotion purpose (when Magazine and Sunday co-celebrate 50 years plus the movies) and they are cordial, but nothing deep, and that relationship started in part because Hata is the disciple of Kumeta (Zetsubo), and Kumeta carries a semi serious grudge toward Ken for his success and cosplay wife, which you can tell from his manga and the TV series in-jokes (absolutely no reason at all, Ken never knew him or speak to him before, so Ken always refer to Kumeta as "that guy". or "that jerk", etc. but also in a joking way.) Ken also exchange expensive/good chocolate/white day present with Clamp, but that is just after ONE encounter during an award ceremony,

mainly, mangaka don't have time to social with mangaka, (Ken can't even find a common off day with Hata to check out the movie cafe which feature their movies) they are after all, mangaka, the only time when they did social (year end company party and mahjong tournament), Ken is usually paired with Magazine's own second line people, nobody we will take particular notice.

(and come to think of it, Ken being successful, is able to live in Tokyo, the mangaka who live around him also are successful, which mean they are busy and don't have time to social much, many mangaka do not live at Tokyo, while have time to social, are too far away, etc.)

==========
less than a week, and the first small cover of 36 is out, features but of course Negi and Asuna AKA husband and wife combine sword pose. no idea how the LE will looks like, Asuna being behind Negi and the sword, the only way they might show more flesh on Asuna is take out/readjust the sword in front of her.

also the Negiho cover is out, and features...who else, Asuna.

will post when bigger picts shows up, LE probably not until a few days after former release, since on the web they use the box art instead of the cover art.
Old 2011-11-12, 00:17   Link #7624
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's no way Negi would be fine with sealing Asuna away.
Perhaps not, but it is Asuna's choice and no doubt, if Negi finds another way, he'll use it and bring out Asuna early. After all, Negi is now more or less immortal and thus he'll be around in 100-years.
Old 2011-11-12, 02:47   Link #7625
Dark Wing

I still can't believe this is happening theres no way Asuna can just be locked away like this...It's just too curl...
Old 2011-11-12, 14:14   Link #7626
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I still can't believe this is happening theres no way Asuna can just be locked away like this...It's just too curl...
Would you prefer it to be too straighten?
DKN117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 14:33   Link #7627
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Would you prefer it to be too straighten?
Negi will iron out a plan.

If he still needs to end up doing this, maybe he'll find a way for Asuna to remote control some kind of puppet while she's sealed away, for limited periods of time if not constantly. Or maybe Asuna will sleep the full duration, manage to keep her current personality intact, and use time travel to join her friends again. Or Chao will do something else with the power of SCIENCE!

Old 2011-11-13, 10:23   Link #7628
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
After all, Negi is now more or less immortal and thus he'll be around in 100-years.
Yeah, but to hell with secondary characters. Again.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 21:24   Link #7629
Hata
時の異邦人

you can find a midsize picture of Negima 36 (normal) at Ken's FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/Akamatsu.Ken

(Ken posts more [spoilerish] pictures there than anywhere else, including twitter and his own site, and there is a J-Comi Facebook, too. all in ENGLISH, check it out.)

Amazon midsize picture is slow coming for some reasons... we will probably see (LE) cover by this weekend?

Ken is also done with 345 just today, (you no longer need to read Ken's Japanese diary/twitter, his English Facebook will get you that info!) don't see a confirmation for 344 spoiler confirms, after what happen last week I am going to hold onto it. no biggie story wise anyway.

(from the spoiler pictures Ken posted I am already guessing what the story is for 345, which should be more exciting than 344.)

Last edited by Hata; 2011-11-16 at 09:24. Reason: confirming status
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 02:24   Link #7630
Chris38

Well chapter 344 is out and:

Spoiler for 344:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:49   Link #7631
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
you can find a midsize picture of Negima 36 (normal) at Ken's FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/Akamatsu.Ken

(Ken posts more [spolish] pictures there than anywhere else, including twitter and his own site, and there is a J-Comi Facebook, too. all in ENGLISH, check it out.)
I was surprised by him having an English site. I'm not sure how good his English is, or if Akamatsu-sensei simply has a translator handle his English posts. Would be VERY cool if Akamatsu-sensei were fairly fluent in English.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:42   Link #7632
chaosprophet

Quote:
I was surprised by him having an English site. I'm not sure how good his English is, or if Akamatsu-sensei simply has a translator handle his English posts. Would be VERY cool if Akamatsu-sensei were fairly fluent in English.
If you check some of the comments, you will see that whether Akamatsu-sensei uses an web translator, someone else, or himself, you can see some misunderstandings happening that show a bit of a lack of English knowledge.

An example of a misuderstanding, someone comments:
"Just wondering... Will the Ala Alba and Another World OVAs be translated to English? owo"
and Akamatsu's answer:
"In English, it means 'White Wing'."
Old 2011-11-16, 09:23   Link #7633
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Ken's translator is his Android phone running Google translator, if people want to talk to Ken on twitter and Facebook in any language I recommend them making the sentences simple enough so the translator can handle it.

==========
found this from Ken's twitter on BK37 LE edition 31 pactio cards, the twins will share ONE card, the extra spot will be taken up by Negi's card.

==========
reading the Chinese translation on 344 just getting me up for the coming arc,
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-16, 09:52   Link #7634
ellifeedn
Thinker

How can the twins share one card? I mean unless the two of them and Negi...

You know what? Let's see how Ken handles that when the time comes.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 13:00   Link #7635
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

When it comes to the upcoming storyline
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-17, 08:03   Link #7636
Hata
時の異邦人

36 LE review out at cartoonworld, kind of disappointing, the LE cover is only different in background color, no services...

the back cover is Tsukiyome.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:35   Link #7637
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
How can the twins share one card? I mean unless the two of them and Negi...

You know what? Let's see how Ken handles that when the time comes.
The botched card they had was "shared" and as I recall, it has been implied that any real pactio between the twins and Negi would be a shared thing.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:00   Link #7638
Hata
時の異邦人

Ken is running a character popularity poll on Facebook between Yue, Nodoka, and Haruna, go vote if you are on FB.

==========
a NEGIMA MOBILE SOCIAL GAME Mobage is going to be online middle of Dec, and they started to accepted registration now, you can be a witch or wizard in Mahora and take on various challenges, with goal of becoming a great magister mage and can vs each other in the martial art tournament, (Japanese)

http://gadget.itmedia.co.jp/gg/artic...medium=twitter
==========
forgot to add, because of holiday in Japan, Magazine/Negima will hit the street not on Wednesday but Tuesday next week, one day earlier.
Negi escaping with lightning speed to avoid jet fighters, Nodoka led with her diary, Kazumis deploy her eyes, Ako boosts her group with needle, Yue was using her broom before taking a Yuna's magic forbidden bullet and can't use magic the rest of the way, Toko and Fate use barrier, and Natsumi is the black horse with her kuroko,

Last edited by Hata; 2011-11-20 at 01:04. Reason: add spoiler
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:50   Link #7639
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Spoiler for 344-345:
Old 2011-11-20, 11:56   Link #7640
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush Send a message via Skype™ to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler for 344-345:
Wait... what?

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy