AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-16, 01:25   Link #6061
AdventSleeper
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Can't wait for next chapter.. Was this all planned by the God or is it one of his greatest mistakes/
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 02:34   Link #6062
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Keima how could you?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 02:36   Link #6063
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Damn that was harsh...and it was his first real confession too!
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 03:03   Link #6064
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Keima you son of a bitch.

You.

Son.

Of.

A.

Bitch.

Holy shit I am furious.

__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 04:47   Link #6065
mtarzaim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I'm not too sure. that collar and bow block a lot of her neck
Even Lune needs a buddy to be in the Capture squad...
And what's better for Vintage than a potential Goddess host/close friend to a potential Goddess Host?

And this would explain why Chihiro has fallen in love with Keima. She indeed remembers the conquest, but can't tell the truth to Keima without exposing her demon buddy, who might have conveniently said "keep it a secret so you won't be in his way". That's why she came up with this "in Spring maybe...".

At least, there's still room for hope.
Keima made a mistake: he used again the "Idiot" word to make his point, while lying to her about his true motives. Chihiro could notice it as a hint.

Even non gamer people knows multiple "idiot/Ao/Baka"="I love you but won't tell you".
It's been like that since Ranma 1/2.
__________________

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 05:27   Link #6066
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The collar is probably just a mistake like the one with Yui was. The fact that it's plainly visible in only one frame and then no where at all in the others would imply this to be the case.
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 05:39   Link #6067
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Uuurgggh, why Keima? why Keima?
Why you must choose the cruelest route?? Ugggh...


Regarding the choker in the that image...
There is still no other proof that it is a choker...
Maybe a hint, maybe an error...


Next chapter...
Will Keima suffer the wrath from the newly awakened goddess??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 06:16   Link #6068
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
Chihiro
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:04   Link #6069
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
I share equal sympathy to both Keima and Chihiro. And once again someone is eavesdropping on Keima's escape routes and create a more complicated one. Not only that but Vintage is still hanging around somewhere. Keima must act, fast.

Also I cannot wait till Elsie shows up again, I'm expecting a huge smile on my face. The longer the wait, the more special it'll be when she returns! And it might very well lighten the mood.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:04   Link #6070
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
As a Chihiro fan, my heart break apart reading this chapter, though surely not as much as hers. Keima took what was probably the worst option, but personally I don't mind - yes, he screwed up, and screwed up bad (I don't believe there's a master plan behind all this, this all happen because things happen beyond his control and he panicked).

Which is fine, as the story paints Keima as a real bad guy here (even Keima himself feels guilty) and after so many conquests perfectly going according to plan, having one where he failed spectacularly makes him more flawed and the drama would definitely be interesting. One thing I hope, I really really hope, that after all this melodrama is over, there'll be a happy ending for all of them, especially Chihiro.

Anyway, one interesting thing we can take from this chapter is the revelation that Chihiro liked Keima, all the way from before the capture. With that, I re-read Chihiro's capture arc trying to see hints (as well as reminiscing the times where things are all still happy) and read other places on the internet, and I find something interesting. Might be nothing and just grasping at straws, but an interesting crack theory for me.

Look at chapter 28 page 8, the one where Keima loudly proclaims to Elsie that she hates that kind of real girl (Chihiro). Does the girl on the top left seem familiar? Then, look at the next page - RIGHT AFTER Keima said that, the alarm rings and the gap is formed. What if the gap is formed when Chihiro overheard Keima and broke her heart? Then the times she teased Keima is just her being tsundere and her chasing other boys is to find those regarded as 'cool and ideal' and not the loser otamega...after all, while he does this to all the other girls, the fact remains that the one thing that closes the gap in her heart is when she kissed Keima. Well, that and shine despite being plain and all that.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:22   Link #6071
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
As a Chihiro fan, my heart break apart reading this chapter, though surely not as much as hers. Keima took what was probably the worst option, but personally I don't mind - yes, he screwed up, and screwed up bad (I don't believe there's a master plan behind all this, this all happen because things happen beyond his control and he panicked).

Which is fine, as the story paints Keima as a real bad guy here (even Keima himself feels guilty) and after so many conquests perfectly going according to plan, having one where he failed spectacularly makes him more flawed and the drama would definitely be interesting. One thing I hope, I really really hope, that after all this melodrama is over, there'll be a happy ending for all of them, especially Chihiro.

Anyway, one interesting thing we can take from this chapter is the revelation that Chihiro liked Keima, all the way from before the capture. With that, I re-read Chihiro's capture arc trying to see hints (as well as reminiscing the times where things are all still happy) and read other places on the internet, and I find something interesting. Might be nothing and just grasping at straws, but an interesting crack theory for me.

Look at chapter 28 page 8, the one where Keima loudly proclaims to Elsie that she hates that kind of real girl (Chihiro). Does the girl on the top left seem familiar? Then, look at the next page - RIGHT AFTER Keima said that, the alarm rings and the gap is formed. What if the gap is formed when Chihiro overheard Keima and broke her heart? Then the times she teased Keima is just her being tsundere and her chasing other boys is to find those regarded as 'cool and ideal' and not the loser otamega...after all, while he does this to all the other girls, the fact remains that the one thing that closes the gap in her heart is when she kissed Keima. Well, that and shine despite being plain and all that.
Nice spotting there.

So the information about "Chihiro loved Keima since before the capture" could be planned way back then. That completely changes Keima and Chihiro dynamic. Then in ch 30, page 17, not only she was shocked knowing Keima could be popular, but she was also in melancholy when telling Keima that he really knows nothing about love. Maybe because he couldn't realise her slight hint of affection?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:58   Link #6072
mtarzaim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
...
he really knows nothing about love.
Highly probable, given she isn't the only one.
Tenri for sure has a big crush on kami since a long time.
Ayumi was far too friendly with Keima in the first chapter to be completely uninterested.
Elsie falls in the love at first sight category (well, sort of).
Diana, while never been conquered, is definitely developing feelings toward him.
Vulcan and Minerva sure enjoy being carried.
I'm still unsure about what to think about Keima's mom...

Keima might be a weak otamegane. He's still a top class genius, defying adults, teachers and even society through his own way of life, with sheer willpower!
No girl could not be at least intrigued by such an oddball.

Quote:
there'll be a happy ending for all of them, especially Chihiro
It's worth noting that Keima failed reading Chihiro for the second time. Even more if we include all their little interactions in between. It seems that no matter what, she remains outside of Keima calculations.
Which reminds me of an old politics adage: if you cannot conquer it... marry it!
__________________

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 08:07   Link #6073
gaurun
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
[just reading 166]
Keima how could You!!!

bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard

I unconsciously want to hit my Laptop screen X'(

hopefully Haqua back in the next chapter to slap keima head
gaurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 08:14   Link #6074
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Remember how I said I can't wait till Keima goes and break one of the girls' heart? Well turns out it wasn't as delicious as I thought.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 08:36   Link #6075
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Anyways, thanks for the hint about chapter 28.
That look really serious when we thought about this.
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 09:20   Link #6076
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
let's just wait until Haqua comes and kick Keima's head after hearing his statement... xD

I don't like this situation... although I'm not Chihiro's fan but it's just a cruel path.... poor Ayumi as well....
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 10:39   Link #6077
AzureWrath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Oh man oh man....that was so crushing.....I feel so bad for Chihiro right now. She really did her best and she even lead the whole scenario. To be crushed so heavily makes me die a little inside.

I really wished this was animated or spoken. Then we could at least get some clues into how Keima spoke those words. In written form, I can't help but feel the flat reject.
__________________
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 11:19   Link #6078
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Now that I actually think about it, pretty much anything could happen now. I'm going for the straight guess that Mercury comes out to kick Keima's ass, then Vintage might be alarmed and finally Haqua could come to the rescue. Probably a huge miss on my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
I really wished this was animated or spoken. Then we could at least get some clues into how Keima spoke those words. In written form, I can't help but feel the flat reject.
Actually I can imagine very well how Shimono Hiro would speak them, he'd (like you say) do the flat reject tone, like he's very calm and cold at the same time. His empty alienated eyes strengthen the cruelty.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 11:46   Link #6079
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
This is going to be very interesting. I speculate that Chihiro will probably become the first conquered girl who has the gap re-opened and get possessed by runaway spirit once again. If it's true then Keima will not be able to save her by his fake love confession ever again. This is getting more and more interesting, really. Due to very large gap in her heart, it's possible that the real powerful devil will emerge from her. If Keima can actually save her again then I'd say that Chihiro is likely to be the true protagonist heroine of the series. Because only true love can save her this time.

By the way, Chihiro is actually my favorite girl (second to those karate girls but they are probably not appear again) in the series. sob sob I like her simple and normal girl trait. Exactly the same reason why I also like Hito Nami from Zetsubou Sensei.

Edit: Ugh... I mean true heroine.
__________________

Last edited by zato_1one; 2011-11-16 at 23:35. Reason: wording
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 12:10   Link #6080
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Also I cannot wait till Elsie shows up again, I'm expecting a huge smile on my face. The longer the wait, the more special it'll be when she returns! And it might very well lighten the mood.
This definitely, I expect it will take a combination of Haqua and Elsie as well as a very furious Ayumi for Keima to get his act together.

Imouto sister route for a wonderful finish to this great story will make me a very happy boy.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.