AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-17, 22:32   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Weren't Yozora's lines to Sena near the end the same as the Sacred Blackstar's?

Nice episode, glad we got to see more of Yukimura.

Notice that Yozora actually wants Sena to attack her back. Yes, she's mean-spirited a lot of the time, but it's just because she likes a good fight, imo, and she sees Sena, unlike Maria (who's likened to a pet), as an equal.
Exactly! Everyone keeps saying how mean Yozora is. And it's true that she is mean- but people keep missing the fact that Sena is continually challenging Yozora and that Yozora likes it.

Yozora then rises to the challenge- because to her it's a game. And then it goes too far and Yozora is so much better at it that Sena gets crushed, and she runs off heart broken. Leaving Yozora disappointed that Sena didn't fight back. Yozora thinks of Sena as her friend, but also a rival, she wants a friendly rival. In fact that's why Yozora was so happy when Sena asked Kodaka for her email so she could send Yozora annoying messages. Yozora was so excited that she then went overboard again with attacking Sena.

Strangely enough it reminds me of myself and my younger brothers. Only for us it wasn't calling each other mean names, instead it involved sticks and hitting each other while playing swords.

My brothers always wanted to play swords, and so they'd attack me. Being the eldest I couldn't let them win, so it would keep escalating until one of them started crying, and then the game ended. I of course at that point was apologizing and making sure they weren't actually hurt.

Yozora needs to learn that after she make Sena cry she needs to go comfort Sena so that Sena knows it's just a game and that Yozora really is her friend. If Yozora keeps this up, she's going to lose her friends.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:49   Link #22
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
What the hell did I just watch? How do these people not know how to use a cell phone (there's anti-social and there's just plain "from a different generation")
well i....know someone who had to google how to post in a wall in facebook not long ago.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:58   Link #23
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't you know? Soft spoken 'traps' get free pass because they're so moe!
Same with big boobed blondes I heard! Cannot resist..

Now...if Yozora started to be softer with Sena, who is unlikely to accept apologies in a graceful manner, don't think it will end well anyway. Sena crying only makes her more resolute to win Yozora's attention next time.

Couple phone with Kodaka was kind of cute. Golden phones for the half and full blonde.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:10   Link #24
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
I thought Yozora was mean, but in this episode she was terrible. She's pretty much an a-hole. I have a fee she's going to cross the line and really start upsetting Kodaka in the future. Poor Sena...

Wow, I thought Yukimaru was just a slow paced guy, but he's actually quite dumb. All loyalty and no brains.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:12   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Overall a pretty good episode. Fun watching Kodoka and Yozora be baffled by the functions of their cellphones. A year apart and they know nothing in comparison.

Was cute to find Sena making sure she got the exact same model of phone as Kodoka and knowing how to use the infrared before she got there. Was on the ball there. Couldn't help thinking though "don't ask for Yozora's mail address, it can't end well." And shocking enough it didn't end well.

Still moment of the episode goes completely to Rika. Her messages while Kodoka was on the bus were top notch .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Exactly! Everyone keeps saying how mean Yozora is. And it's true that she is mean- but people keep missing the fact that Sena is continually challenging Yozora and that Yozora likes it.

Yozora then rises to the challenge- because to her it's a game. And then it goes too far and Yozora is so much better at it that Sena gets crushed, and she runs off heart broken. Leaving Yozora disappointed that Sena didn't fight back. Yozora thinks of Sena as her friend, but also a rival, she wants a friendly rival. In fact that's why Yozora was so happy when Sena asked Kodaka for her email so she could send Yozora annoying messages. Yozora was so excited that she then went overboard again with attacking Sena.

Strangely enough it reminds me of myself and my younger brothers. Only for us it wasn't calling each other mean names, instead it involved sticks and hitting each other while playing swords.

My brothers always wanted to play swords, and so they'd attack me. Being the eldest I couldn't let them win, so it would keep escalating until one of them started crying, and then the game ended. I of course at that point was apologizing and making sure they weren't actually hurt.

Yozora needs to learn that after she make Sena cry she needs to go comfort Sena so that Sena knows it's just a game and that Yozora really is her friend. If Yozora keeps this up, she's going to lose her friends.
Except what's the chance that's ever going to happen? Just keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Makes you wonder what exactly went down on that message board. Could easily see another case of rapid escalation and who knows where it ended. Can't stop herself. With Maria it went from just going to get a clubroom to beating on the nun. Having some fun with Yukimura to creating cross-dressing. And the times when things go too far with Sena. If she could tone it down she'd be fine. But think the problem is letting herself get fired up knowing that she almost always goes too far.

I know how things can get out of hand with younger siblings. Which is why I make the effort either to avoid getting too fired up or give them a numbers advantage so it's pretty even.

Sena should definitely watch herself and could save herself some trouble by avoiding conflict as much as she can. Of course can't do anything about the ones that Yozora instigates, but can save herself a few troubles. Suppose a positive for her though is that someone's got to give some comfort in those instances and other than Kodoka there are few options.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:33   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I thought Yozora was mean, but in this episode she was terrible. She's pretty much an a-hole. I have a fee she's going to cross the line and really start upsetting Kodaka in the future. Poor Sena...
You do realize in this episode it's quite clear that Sena provoke everyone first with her snobbish rich girl attitude right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:46   Link #27
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sena should definitely watch herself and could save herself some trouble by avoiding conflict as much as she can. Of course can't do anything about the ones that Yozora instigates, but can save herself a few troubles. Suppose a positive for her though is that someone's got to give some comfort in those instances and other than Kodoka there are few options.
But Sena needs to interact with Yozora, and it has been hinted that she does enjoy fighting with Yozora (based on the possibility that she would win over her). By the time of her introduction, Sena's only interacted with people that sucked up to her "goddess" imposed image, thus is quite easy to see that for her both Kodaka and Yozora are very important landmarks as people; Kodaka as someone who treated her normally and Yozora as someone, probably the first one to be "on her way", becoming someone that she must surpass.

Sena has obviously gone out of her way to obtain attention and recognition from both Yozora and Kodaka, but being as haughty she is and them being as crafty as they are; things usually end up in weird jokes or in Sena crying her way out of the room.


..... Haven't seen the episode yet D:
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:39   Link #28
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well i....know someone who had to google how to post in a wall in facebook not long ago.
Not the same thing. First, cell phones have been around for a LONG time now. This isn't CLANNAD. Second, I don't get Facebook either. Which is why I never complain when it changes, since it's just as confusing as I remember it to be.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:41   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Yozora's plan backfired big time in the end. Can't say she didn't deserve it

I don't mind so much that Yozora picks on Sena, it can be enjoyable but sometimes it just feels like outright bullying.

On a side note, I don't know how to use about most functionalities of a cell phone, and I still don't know how to use facebook, mainly cause I refuse to use it
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:42   Link #30
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You do realize in this episode it's quite clear that Sena provoke everyone first with her snobbish rich girl attitude right?
Why does this remind me so much of episodes I've experienced as a moderator here on this forum.

- Poster A has an attitude/opinion that "provokes" Poster B
- Poster B lashes out with an ad hominem attack
- Poster B gets in trouble, but gets mad that Poster A wasn't punished as severely for provoking them

At the end of the day, regardless of the attitude or opinion that "started it", the person who crosses the line into downright attacks is usually the one who is seen as more at fault. That's not only the way things usually are for moderators, but that's always the way most people perceive things. Part of this is because attitudes are subject to perception, whereas attacks are more absolute. So even in this show, despite the fact that Sena's personality and haughty attitude may rub people the wrong way (she's no less dysfunctional than the rest of them), she'll still tend to get a bit more sympathy than Yozora, who has shown herself to be a bit merciless in berating people (whether arguably "deserved" or not). Most people don't perceive the two as equivalent, despite the fact that they do indeed play off of each other in this show.

In the end, though, I think they'd both get warnings and infractions.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:00   Link #31
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
^ i quess its the boobs?
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:14   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Why does this remind me so much of episodes I've experienced as a moderator here on this forum.

- Poster A has an attitude/opinion that "provokes" Poster B
- Poster B lashes out with an ad hominem attack
- Poster B gets in trouble, but gets mad that Poster A wasn't punished as severely for provoking them
Arararahh? This does give off a sense of Deja vu...


Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
At the end of the day, regardless of the attitude or opinion that "started it", the person who crosses the line into downright attacks is usually the one who is seen as more at fault. That's not only the way things usually are for moderators, but that's always the way most people perceive things. Part of this is because attitudes are subject to perception, whereas attacks are more absolute. So even in this show, despite the fact that Sena's personality and haughty attitude may rub people the wrong way (she's no less dysfunctional than the rest of them), she'll still tend to get a bit more sympathy than Yozora, who has shown herself to be a bit merciless in berating people (whether arguably "deserved" or not). Most people don't perceive the two as equivalent, despite the fact that they do indeed play off of each other in this show.

In the end, though, I think they'd both get warnings and infractions.
I've always been drilled into my head since childhood the saying of "It takes two hands to clap", so I'm not so quick to forget who's the one that started what, even if they ended up in tears.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:19   Link #33
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Maria's torture... xD poor 10 years old....
Kodaka and Yozora really make a great combi.... xD
but Yozora's bully is getting worse.... maybe it's because of jealousy and also most of them because Sena started it.... lol
and also, Rika's message is really troll....
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:49   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Was loling throughout the episode. Best part was Yozora saying NIKU outloud but whispering everything else in the phone. And this time, when Sena goes out the door yelling Yozora no Aho, I just TOTALLY lost it.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:11   Link #35
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Very slow start, Yukimura just does not fit into the club as the rest of the cast. Also kind of disappointed that the staff conveniently remembered that goth-lolis do not fair well under the summer sun, despite forgeting it last episode and again for the next one.

Anyway, cell phone part was very good, and IMHO should been stretched for the full episode.

Also finally Yozora lost to a bigger troll, when Rika discovered to the power of yuri

Speaking of trolls, @relentlessflame on trolls and flame-wars: This show is an excellent example of why trolls are necessary to instigate discussions, without them everything ends up in long boring threads filled with fanboys/girls chanting in trance about how awesome their object of obsession is, in endless parallel monologues. Trolls (not limited to the on-line variety) are universally hated not because their antiques are not productive for the conversation (the opposite), but rather because they point out the imperfection and drive people to fix them... though most are too lazy or blind and end up blaming the troll instead of the problem
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:17   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Speaking of trolls, @relentlessflame on trolls and flame-wars: This show is an excellent example of why trolls are necessary to instigate discussions, without them everything ends up in long boring threads filled with fanboys/girls chanting in trance about how awesome their object of obsession is, in endless parallel monologues. Trolls (not limited to the on-line variety) are universally hated not because their antiques are not productive for the conversation (the opposite), but rather because they point out the imperfection and drive people to fix them... though most are too lazy or blind and end up blaming the troll instead of the problem

No, I'm certain we call those people 'critics', not trolls

Trolls aren't productive at all save for increasing post numbers.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:37   Link #37
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, I'm certain we call those people 'critics', not trolls
Indeed. We need critics, certainly. But the objective of trolls is just to get to a rise out of others and get attention for themselves. So we don't need trolls, but we do need critics. Some people don't know the difference...

To apply it more specifically to this show, Sena probably does need someone to call her out a bit about her attitude from time to time (since it's why she doesn't have friends in the first place). But she probably doesn't need someone to berate her quite so much.

(And I've heard the "without critics we'd end up with nothing but fanboys" straw man argument so many times now... )
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:02   Link #38
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
random snip: Yozora when kneeling down to grab her phone from the bag, holds her skirt in place :P
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:06   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@chaos2frozen+relentlessflame: When in agreement, they are only called critics... but given your average contemporary person, they end up being called trolls, but usually even worse.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:09   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@chaos2frozen+relentlessflame: When in agreement, they are only called critics... but given your average contemporary person, they end up being called trolls, but usually even worse.
I'm pretty sure those people were called 'trolls' because their opinions, however valid, were presented in a degradative manner.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.