AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 02:39   Link #3201
GeostigmataShi

I'd like to ask one thing,
since saber retain her memory of the 4th war,
did she remember illya in the 5th war?

i do watch stay night before but i kinda forgot about it ;;;
can someone confirm it for me please~?
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 05:24   Link #3202
giorno

fate and tsukihime being in the same reality was pretty much confirmed by nasu. And KnK and tsukihime happen in different realities because of what you said...

notice that alternate realities can go from "lol dinosaurs still exist", to "lol alien reality" to "pretty much identical except for guy X is straight instead of homosexual" and so on...

Touko and Aoko exist both in Tsukihime and KnK, and they should be almost identical to their AR version...

Quote:
They take place in a different reality but Touko and Aoko are still sisters? So did Touko jump to another reality or Aoko?
just answered this

Quote:
I thought both Shiki's eyes are fundamentally different, in that although they are similar their origin is different enough that they aren't really the same thing?
they are the same thing, what's different are their mindsets: Tohno is better at killing physical stuff, while Ryougi is better at killing concepts

Quote:
Also how do they explain Ryougi Shiki hanging out in Melty Blood?
the counter force brought Ryougi to fight AE

Quote:
I'd like to ask one thing,
since saber retain her memory of the 4th war,
did she remember illya in the 5th war?

i do watch stay night before but i kinda forgot about it ;;;
can someone confirm it for me please~?
in theory, she should, but she never mentions it and it's never even hinted at. And we know that Ilya is related to kiritsugu in some ways from the bad ends...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 12:35   Link #3203
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post

they are the same thing, what's different are their mindsets: Tohno is better at killing physical stuff, while Ryougi is better at killing concepts

no, Ryougi does have a better set of Eyes. She can kill physical objects as well as Shiki but she took it further by being able to killed concepts that Shiki can't gasp.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:51   Link #3204
giorno

No, their eyes are identical, Ryougi is simply better accustomed to them(as in, she doesn't risk to fry her brain everytime she uses them), but the eyes power is exactly the same, only Ryougi is better at killing concept and Tohno at killing the physical

This is Word of God, not just my opinion
Old 2011-11-18, 01:38   Link #3205
Majestic Flame
Maniac with a Chainsaw

Excuse me, I have a question. Right now I'm in an argument with a friend on whether Archer can use Avalon or not. I believe he can't, but my friend says that he can. Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:51   Link #3206
whatbob1
huh

Archer can't trace Avalon, not according to the author.

From CM3 http://completematerial.pbworks.com/...sked-Questions

Quote:
Q: Archer's greatest defense is "Rho Aias", but if he were the same person as Shirou, shouldn't his greatest protection be "Avalon"? In the Rin route, Archer knew that the holy sword's sheath was inside Shirou, so wouldn't the Heroic Spirit form of the Shirou that "knew" that the sheath was merged with him be Archer?

A: Avalon’s power won't work if Saber's not connected to it. It's a different story during the Grail War, but all it does when Saber isn't around is make Shirou's magic attribute into "sword". Also, after the Grail War is taken apart, the line between him and her will be gone, so it's best to think that his image of "Avalon" also disappeared.
whatbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:02   Link #3207
Majestic Flame
Maniac with a Chainsaw

Thank you very much. I will gladly rub this in my friend's fa- I mean point out his mistake. Yeeeaaaaah.
Old 2011-11-18, 02:19   Link #3208
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
No, their eyes are identical, Ryougi is simply better accustomed to them(as in, she doesn't risk to fry her brain everytime she uses them), but the eyes power is exactly the same, only Ryougi is better at killing concept and Tohno at killing the physical

This is Word of God, not just my opinion
Tohno Shiki can only kill objects with a physical existence. He can't kill concepts at all because his brain wasn't suited to recognising concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasu
It's not quite so much the eyes, but how (R) Shiki perceives things that has a large effect on her powers. First, Mystic Eyes and brains work as a set. For example, Tohno Shiki from "Tsukihime" normally can't cut concepts like Shiki does, but that's because the specs of the Mystic's Eye's user's brain is different. Tohno Shiki isn't suited in the aspect of recognizing "concepts". (Ryougi) Shiki touched " " and became specialized in the visualization of events, while (Tohno) Shiki became submerged in death and became specialized in killing living things. By the way, Asagami Fujino's Mystic Eyes also work the same way. In her case, she can't twist things that she recognizes as not being twistable.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:59   Link #3209
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Tohno Shiki can only kill objects with a physical existence. He can't kill concepts at all because his brain wasn't suited to recognising concepts.
He kills quite a few conceptual things despite being poorly suited to it. Also that's the quote Giorno was talking about.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:24   Link #3210
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wasn't that due to his Pure Eyes?
Old 2011-11-18, 04:50   Link #3211
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
no, what he meant is that he doesn't give a crap about any other heroine other than sakura, and since we don't know what happens to her outside HF, the endings of fate and UBW aren't satisfying for him...

actually, it's kinda the same for me, except i still like the UBW true end....
No, I meant that since I do give a crap about Sakura, the Fate and UBW endings aren't satisfying for me. The other heroines aren't the issue there (and Rin is happy in all three routes anyway).

And, given that he was claiming that UBW was a "perfect" ending when it clearly isn't, I think I'm fully entitled to point that out....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:20   Link #3212
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wasn't that due to his Pure Eyes?
no, the pure eyes let him see spiritual stuff such as akiha's origami(probably), but they have nothing to do with shiki doing stuff such as locally killing gaia to cut off arcueid's power source...
Old 2011-11-18, 06:23   Link #3213
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's not a concept though. A concept is more like "disease" or "time" or "intent". Gaia is more like physical existence but just without a form.
Old 2011-11-18, 09:03   Link #3214
giorno

the point is that the pure eyes only let's him see stuff that normally can't be seen, they're not pseudo MEODP

and a concept would be something like araya's pseudo infinite prison, ciel's seven or caster's shield spell
Old 2011-11-18, 11:00   Link #3215
GeostigmataShi

So, lately i've taken interest toward mordred,
is there a special reason as of why arthur say that he didn't have the capacity of a king?

is there any chance he sit in the throne of heroes as anti-hero maybe?
and summoned in future plot.. ? (whatever is it)

i feel like his story close up badly (considering he's a side flash back character it's kinda normal though)
Old 2011-11-18, 11:13   Link #3216
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeostigmataShi View Post
So, lately i've taken interest toward mordred,
is there a special reason as of why arthur say that he didn't have the capacity of a king?

is there any chance he sit in the throne of heroes as anti-hero maybe?
and summoned in future plot.. ? (whatever is it)

i feel like his story close up badly (considering he's a side flash back character it's kinda normal though)
His character confuses me a bit too. I'm to believe that Mordred is Saber's son...genetically right?
Merlin supposingly granted Saber an "excalibur" of her own to do the deed...essentially futa fanfic bait. So if Merlin could go that far, and since Saber seems to be so dedicated to be King (and a lot of her insecurities stem from the fact that she's a woman) why didn't they just go ahead and turn Saber into a man?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 13:22   Link #3217
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
His character confuses me a bit too. I'm to believe that Mordred is Saber's son...genetically right?
Merlin supposingly granted Saber an "excalibur" of her own to do the deed...essentially futa fanfic bait. So if Merlin could go that far, and since Saber seems to be so dedicated to be King (and a lot of her insecurities stem from the fact that she's a woman) why didn't they just go ahead and turn Saber into a man?
Pretty sure Mordred was created by Morgan from a sample of Saber. Like a homunculus I guess or a different sex clone.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 13:36   Link #3218
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Pretty sure Mordred was created by Morgan from a sample of Saber. Like a homunculus I guess or a different sex clone.
Mordred is a homunculus created by Arthuria sperm (when merlin turn her into a pseudo-male) and develop using morgan womb...

so he is a legimated child(homunculus) of Arthuria and Morgan...

i'm pretty sure that far, what i;d like to know more is the battle of calamn and mordred's er... living history and feel(?) :"D
Old 2011-11-19, 01:37   Link #3219
Yuutsu

Arcuied seems to gain just a little bit more power than the opponent she is fighting from the Earth.

But what happens if she meets an entity greater than the Earth? It's not like the Earth can provide more power than it has, right? How would she fight an entity that is granted power from something like the VY Canis Majoris?
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 06:55   Link #3220
ElricKeyblade

I have a question...

Where can I go if I want to read the synopsis of what happened in the game fate/unlimited codes? Or is it just a fighting game? I particularly want to know about the different fates of Saber and Gilgamesh...