AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-18, 03:27   Link #41
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Well, I don't really want this troll vs. critic tangent to derail the thread, but suffice it to say that I would take something like what Kodaka did with Sena in Episode 3 (chastising her for her behaviour at the pool) as "criticism" -- pretty stern/harsh criticism at that, but it was constructive. Yozora's behaviour doesn't come across as criticism due to the way she chooses to state things and the relentless way she digs into her "prey". I suppose some people might accuse critics of being trolls just because they're too sensitive to consider even reasonable criticism... but the lines between them are more defined than that (and this is why there is plenty of criticism allowed on this Forum, though we try to stop the outright trolling).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:31   Link #42
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Speaking of trolls, @relentlessflame on trolls and flame-wars: This show is an excellent example of why trolls are necessary to instigate discussions, without them everything ends up in long boring threads filled with fanboys/girls chanting in trance about how awesome their object of obsession is, in endless parallel monologues. Trolls (not limited to the on-line variety) are universally hated not because their antiques are not productive for the conversation (the opposite), but rather because they point out the imperfection and drive people to fix them... though most are too lazy or blind and end up blaming the troll instead of the problem
Sounds like this series is the exact opposite of Guilty Crown and Gundam Age, where "haters" dominate the scene and we need "fans" to try and balance it out. Can we make a trade?

EDIT: To get back on topic, this episode was the usual shinenigans. I never fail to be amused at the Yozora and Sena bantering and even the trap Yukimura was midly humourous with his Bushido like attidude. And the scientist girl is as pervy as ever. Was that really her armpits when she sent that MMS to the MC cause it actually looked like a bag of breasts :s
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:50   Link #43
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
im starting to hate yozora always bulling sena.....i know she kinds of deserves it with the way she acts but i think she sincerely wants friends and enjoys their company there was no need to do that to senas first phone!
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:51   Link #44
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
The first episode that hasn't been on manga yet! Though have read the LN but nice for once to not have to compare it with manga's more comical feel ^^

- The way Kobato'a avoiding go outside was adorable X3
- "True men don't afraid of food additives", lol Yukimura
- Poor Maria. Yukimura is probably a poop for her now until he give her normal food again XD
- Those Rika's mails, she never stop being (pervertly) awesome! Even Yozora couldn't handle her
- Yozora's NIKU trolls are awesome. One of her abuse I found hilarious. Can't say the same with her latter, though it hit her back with Kodaka helps Sena. IIRC that particular scene wasn't on the LN. Nice addition, I think

And yay for next episode, the release of sealing technique and pool chapter again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For some reason, no matter what the age or technology level, everybody uses a clamshell phone in Japan
Maybe Japanese often use clamshell phone because it was convenient for them with bigger screen so they won't misread kanji
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:58   Link #45
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Meh, it's an odd friendship between the two. Well the characters are little off the wall themselves. Besides Sena may whine and cry about being called 'Meat', but she sure defended it in the pool episode...

Kodaka for the most plays the passive role in their fights. The real one that can keep Yozora in line is Rika...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:28   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
im starting to hate yozora always bulling sena.....i know she kinds of deserves it with the way she acts but i think she sincerely wants friends and enjoys their company there was no need to do that to senas first phone!

Sena intended to strike first you know -_-
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:51   Link #47
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Yozora then rises to the challenge- because to her it's a game. And then it goes too far and Yozora is so much better at it that Sena gets crushed, and she runs off heart broken. Leaving Yozora disappointed that Sena didn't fight back. Yozora thinks of Sena as her friend, but also a rival, she wants a friendly rival. In fact that's why Yozora was so happy when Sena asked Kodaka for her email so she could send Yozora annoying messages. Yozora was so excited that she then went overboard again with attacking Sena.
That's not really what I was getting at all.

In any case, yes Senna could improve her attitude but it's nowhere near as bad as Yozora's responses. What exactly did Senna do to provoke Yozora into having a private conversation with Kodaka that was obviously meant to isolate her? Her attitude might have rubbed people off the wrong way but I seriously doubt that Yozora was at all annoyed by it. It seemed more like she did it just because she saw an opportunity to mess with Senna.

And it's clear that despite her attitude Senna makes genuine attempts to befriend Yozora, like how she asked for her number and address. Now why did Yozora feel the need to be difficult when there was obviously no challenge?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:57   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's not really what I was getting at all.

In any case, yes Senna could improve her attitude but it's nowhere near as bad as Yozora's responses. What exactly did Senna do to provoke Yozora into having a private conversation with Kodaka that was obviously meant to isolate her?
You mean other than the whole handphones are stupid that only commoners would need and below someone of my status? In other words basically putting down Yozora and Kodaka's earlier effort and 'happiness' ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Her attitude might have rubbed people off the wrong way but I seriously doubt that Yozora was at all annoyed by it. It seemed more like she did it just because she saw an opportunity to mess with Senna.

And it's clear that despite her attitude Senna makes genuine attempts to befriend Yozora, like how she asked for her number and address. Now why did Yozora feel the need to be difficult when there was obviously no challenge.
In the end Sena said it herself that she doesn't need Yozora's number, and for Sena to be friendly all of a sudden to Yozora, how do you know she wasn't intending to prank Yozora right afterwards?

From the first gaming episode we know she isn't above backstabbing, of course Yozora would be suspicious.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:07   Link #49
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean other than the whole handphones are stupid that only commoners would need and below someone of my status? In other words basically putting down Yozora and Kodaka's earlier effort and 'happiness' ?
Like I said, her attitude might have rubbed people off the wrong way but I seriously doubt that Yozora was at all annoyed by it. It seemed more like she did it just because she saw an opportunity to mess with Senna.

Quote:
In the end Sena said it herself that she doesn't need Yozora's number, and for Sena to be friendly all of a sudden to Yozora, how do you know she wasn't intending to prank her from the beginning?
How do we know she was? It seemed pretty obvious to me that the intention of prank phone calls was due to Yozora saying "What a greedy look you have bitch. If you want it so badly prove it to me." I mean if she was just asking to get her address for prank phone calls then why did she storm out screaming "Yozora no baka!" and crying? That doesn't look like a reaction of someone who's plan just failed. That looked more like a reaction from someone who's feelings were hurt.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:13   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Like I said, her attitude might have rubbed people off the wrong way but I seriously doubt that Yozora was at all annoyed by it. It seemed more like she did it just because she saw an opportunity to mess with Senna.
He says, she says. You doubt, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How do we know she was? It seemed pretty obvious to me that the intention of prank phone calls was due to Yozora saying "What a greedy look you have bitch. If you want it so badly prove it to me." I mean if she was just asking to get her address for prank phone calls then why did she storm out screaming "Yozora no baka!" and crying? That doesn't look like a reaction of someone who's plan just failed. That looked more like a reaction from someone who's feelings were hurt.

How do I know? Because I'm not fooled by a pair of good breasts and teary blue eyes

And I'm looking at it from Yozora's pov, to have your enemy suddenly acting all nice and friendly to you, are you honestly going to just hand over your address number?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:28   Link #51
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He says, she says. You doubt, I believe.
Is it a crime to offer my interpretation? I doubt that Yozora wasn't all offended by Senna's words because she didn't give any signs that she was offended. Her signs usually involve some actual reaction and anger. Like the look on her face when she saw Senna's text and how she usually gets tense when Senna actually makes fun of her. That's why I doubt.

So why do you believe that Yozora was actually offended rather than just seeing it as an opportunity of making fun of Senna? I'm asking for your opinion here.

Quote:
How do I know? Because I'm not fooled by a pair of good breasts and teary blue eyes

And I'm looking at it from Yozora's pov, to have your enemy suddenly acting all nice and friendly to you, are you honestly going to just hand over your address number?
If that's her POV then I could understand but whilst it might seem reasonable there was nothing really to suggest that Yozora was at all suspicious of Senna's motives. Of course looking at it from Yozora's POV, even if it's true that she thought Senna had ulterior motives, that doesn't prove she does and like I said, from the way Senna reacted as if upset, it certainly doesn't seem like she actually had ulterior motives.

And I think I've already made it clear that I'm fooled by Kanae Ito's voice rather than the pair of breasts and teary blue eyes.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:30   Link #52
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@Haak+Chaos2Frozen: Let me put it in this way, Yozora and Sena are a perfect fit for each other (FriendsWithBenefits-wise); granted, in a competitive way with Kodaka fifth appendix being the catalyst, but this is what makes relationships interesting

I think that Sena is pretty much a masochist that wants to attract more of Yozora's attention rather than Kodaka's dick, despite the fact that it is always the best excuse to get Yozora going...

On the other hand, Yozora tries too hard to get a friend, and is somewhat lost between friendship, boy/girl-friend, but deep down she is a cynic that mixes perfectly with the M that her first true friend really is
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:36   Link #53
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Haak+Chaos2Frozen: Let me put it in this way, Yozora and Sena are a perfect fit for each other (FriendsWithBenefits-wise); granted, in a competitive way with Kodaka fifth appendix being the catalyst, but this is what makes relationships interesting
That's why I don't usually mind if they're just fighting and Senna is on equal terms (or even if Yozora gets the better of Senna). I think they're clearly trying to be friends and I think there are enough signs to suggest they don't really consider each other enemies. It's just when Yozora goes as far as to make Senna upset enough to and storm out and cry that I start getting irritated.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:39   Link #54
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Ah! but Yozora going way too far is what really our spoiled ドM oujo-sama really enjoys
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:20   Link #55
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
If that's the case then I don't mind then. I just wish they'd make that more clear.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:27   Link #56
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
But being ambiguous is more fun
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:42   Link #57
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I'm getting tired of the Yozora vs Sena antics, it's the same every single episode. Even funny things will get boring if you repeat them too much. Not that I was exactly fond of them from the beginning.

As for the episode, even if you don't have many/no friends there is nothing stopping you from learning how a goddamn mobile phone works. None of them is lacking in intelligence so it's really pushing that they haven't heard about infrared. What year are we living in, 1995?

As for the Yukimura feeding part that was just .... He might be somewhat simple-minded but what part of "healthy food" is hard to understand? Not to mention that an overdose of proteins is far from healthy as well.

Thankfully Kobato is still as cute as always (SWIMSUIT KOBATO NEXT EPISODE omgomgomg my body is not ready) as well as my new 2nd favourite character Rika who recently got into yuri >:3 The part around 18:57 made me all hhhhhhnnnnnnnnggggggggg over Rika. Her behaviour also feels much more natural compared to Yozora/Sena/Yukimura.

Overall a weak episode but the preview hints at a Kobato centric episode next (つω`)つ Her opponent whoever it is is seriously cute by the way.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:47   Link #58
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
random snip: Yozora when kneeling down to grab her phone from the bag, holds her skirt in place :P
This was a scene I couldn't help but laugh and rage at the same time. I know this series is doing it's darnedest to not show any pantsu (hey, why not nopan the OP instead of showing any), but this scene, this scene when Yozora holds her skirt, I couldn't help but laugh that the animators even took the time to deprive me of panchira

Here's something that seems to have gone over unmentioned: how about the fact that Kodaka is actually quite the pervert, sneaking a peek at the fellow's ecchi magazine

Ahem anyways, loved a lot of this episode, even though I was partially rolling my eyes at two kids who didn't know much about their phone's functions (I'm the kind of person that quite literally dissects the phone to know how it works instead of reading the usually unhelpful manual). Even more perplexing to me was the continued use of Infrared in Anime, I feel like the only one who ever sent contact details through Bluetooth....

Maria, Maria, I kinda felt sorry for her. Seriously, major protein ingestion. It's a fact one is not supposed take in the entire container at once


And I'm quite, I don't know, amused is the wrong word to use, I am how do you say intrigued at the continued debates of Yozora versus Sena. I knew this is what the series is about from the start and was looking forward to it, but seven episodes in and both sides of the viewers still have a wall in-between them.

So I'd like to take the time out of my busy schedule and add my 2 million cents. Sena by all accounts still is the kind of person I would NOT call prideful. There is a huge difference between someone who looks down on others on purpose and one who unknowingly gets their point across in that manner. Sena I would put in the latter group, ever since she first entered the clubroom, it was an obvious fact she had zero interaction on an equal level with someone else. So it's natural she won't get her words across that well. I should know as I had a rather similar youth to her, the isolation of a genius, in that there was quite literally no one on my level I could talk to, and when I do speak up, hello convo killer.

And that is why I've come off as a bit of an insane maniac here in this forum, I eventually had to become the opposite of a genius (yes I am like this in real life) Sena's case is one of where her honestly is so obvious in the way she tries to hide it by saying the opposite. I simply viewed it like this:

Sena: I've never been to karaoke before. There's no way I could partake in such commoner activities.

Translation: I've never had any friends. No one wanted to invite me to karaoke.

Even with this cell phone episode (obviously hinted by her incomplete sentence the first time):

Sena: Why would I need a cell phone, all the girls are kyaah kyaah over them. It's not like a high class persona like me needs a phone.

Translation: I never had a cell phone because I had no one to call. If I had friends to call then I would want a phone too.

Those who spend a great deal of time in this forum would notice I just can't hate either of the 2 girls (Yozora and Sena). I'll say it again, I love watching their interaction with one another. I can't bring myself to hate Yozora because there are still mysteries about her past, why she shunned Kodaka before he left, why she ended up with an air friend instead of a real one, I keep these things in mind whenever Yozora verbally abuses Sena because the way I see it, Yozora has this grand opportunity to enact onto a real person instead of an air one, one who obviously can't win against her, and the ensuing deep conversation Yozora has with Sena, which is so much more than what an air friend can offer. This is why I can't hate Yozora's actions: for quite some time now Yozora has not had the interaction with a real person prior to Sena, and with Sena being the way she is, Yozora is sort of "venting" all those years of lack of interaction with others onto Sena, who responds pretty much in a way Yozora wants her to. And as it is episode 07 now, we start to see that she is now regretful of her actions towards Sena is potentially separating her from Kodaka. So in regards to Yozora, I expect things to change from now on, especially now that Sena's interactions with Kodaka are becoming closer each time Yozora goes after Sena.

In Sena's case, this is a girl who's upbringing was a little more easy going than the average person. In a twist of opposites with Kodaka, Sena's looks have drawn her apart from potential friends. Thus, her interaction with others in a friendly level is next to nil, which is why she comes off as saying the opposite of what she truly feels, mainly because she's never had the chance to be on a friendly speaking level with others, and is embarrassed to do so. A girl who was looked down on others, tries her best to look down on her new friends, but she's doing a poor job of that, and can't hide the truth no matter what.

This will probably be the last time I touch on this subject in such a wally of texty way (I seemed to have done this before). Surely I can't be the only one out there who sees these 2 girls this way?
__________________

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:51   Link #59
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
I doubt since most of you guys are as ero as me you missed something really important.
Every time Sena fails to make a come back against Yozora she goes "BAKA! BAKA! AHO YOZORA!" and runs off but only after giving some nice bouncy fanservice = Profit

EroKing is going to spend the next couple of hours trying to make some avatars from this episode~

In the meantime...

^dedicated to mangatron
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:55   Link #60
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I doubt since most of you guys are as ero as me you missed something really important.
Every time Sena fails to make a come back against Yozora she goes "BAKA! BAKA! AHO YOZORA!" and runs off but only after giving some nice bouncy fanservice = Profit
Are you kidding? Almost every time Sena moved a muscle she bounced . I couldn't even bring myself to make an avatar out of one simply because she was bouncing so much there's not enough space in the file size limit
__________________

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.