AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 18.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-21, 02:27   Link #21
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
my favourite moment from this ep though is at the very beginning when the teacher (<3) starts swinging the sword
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is online now  
Old 2011-11-21, 02:39   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
It's all but official declaration of war then....proclaiming intent to claim all the Loizmoi Oploi and annex Mikawa, Masazumi can't turn back after this

Looks like Kimi's turn is next....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 04:43   Link #23
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
lol @ the casualties of avoiding war argument..

also lol @ pope intentionally avoid giving a real reason to execute horizon other than "because I feel like it", while the real reason is just that he wants to have control over that WMD inside her...

Last edited by maplehurry; 2011-11-21 at 05:49.
maplehurry is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 04:58   Link #24
MorningGlory
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
^
The Pope did give reason.Killing Horizon is an act of martyrdom ^_^"
MorningGlory is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 05:27   Link #25
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
And through a martyr he can show the world he's IN CHARGE and capable to make anyone he wants dead to be dead.

/ROAR
maplehurry is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 05:36   Link #26
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
lol @ the pope have to use personal reason to argue
zero7090 is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 06:24   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
^
The Pope did give reason.Killing Horizon is an act of martyrdom ^_^"
I'm surprised nobody asked this question before- But how exactly do you execute someone via Suicide
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-11-21, 06:36   Link #28
MorningGlory
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm surprised nobody asked this question before- But how exactly do you execute someone via Suicide
martyrdom is not same with Suicide... at least this is what I think.
For example:Joan of arc is executed at 1431 for her act of heresy, but after 25years she is declared as martyr and innocent.
Basically if you have authority, you can accidentally kill someone and call him as saint to forgive your sin.(this is a rude explanation) imo
there you have it, you can execute someone via Suicide.
MorningGlory is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 06:38   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
martyrdom is not same with Suicide... at least this is what I think.
For example:Joan of arc is executed at 1431 for her act of heresy, but after 25years she is declared as martyr and innocent.
Basically if you have authority, you can accidentally kill someone and call him as saint to forgive your sin.(this is a rude explanation) imo
there you have it, you can execute someone via Suicide.
Lol figures, so it's more political bs-ing
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-11-21, 07:09   Link #30
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm surprised nobody asked this question before- But how exactly do you execute someone via Suicide
Forced seppuku is common in ancient Japan. It's an execution method...in fact common for major daimyo and their retainers during Sengoku era
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 08:07   Link #31
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Looks like this episode has garnered the support of some of the denizens of 4chan because of its impressive debate.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 09:34   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Forced seppuku is common in ancient Japan. It's an execution method...in fact common for major daimyo and their retainers during Sengoku era
But that's for people who wants to retain some honor in death- Hmmm, I see where you're going, in other words you have to convince them to kill themselves by offering something that would come from their death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Looks like this episode has garnered the support of some of the denizens of 4chan because of its impressive debate.
Really? I figured it would be from that other-other thing...
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-11-21, 09:36   Link #33
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But that's for people who wants to retain some honor in death- Hmmm, I see where you're going, in other words you have to convince them to kill themselves by offering something that would come from their death.
In this case, I believe it'd be forced suicide. Forced, as in, you have to do it, no other option.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 10:25   Link #34
MorningGlory
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
So....Horizon is a force suicide, with a helping hand from KPA italia .I don't think its a suicide unless Horizon wish for her own death. hmmm...does automaton even have its own will 0.0"
MorningGlory is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 12:13   Link #35
black_cat1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
They do have souls, so it's normal to have their own wills.
black_cat1 is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 13:22   Link #36
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
Am I the only one who seems to think that Toori is a complete and utter moron who just gets lucky?
__________________
lightsenshi is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 13:26   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Am I the only one who seems to think that Toori is a complete and utter moron who just gets lucky?
have you seen Irresponsible Captain Taylor?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 13:53   Link #38
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 23
Who knew a debate episode could be so good? Very impressed with this episode.

Oh, and Aoi Toori? Utter win in this. Granted, a very bizarre way to show your support for someone (even though that face on Mazazumi was a PEACH) at first - but that whole episode sorta defines who he is. Yes, he's a perv. Yes, he says daft things some of the time. But when you get him talking about something that he feels so strongly about, he seems to go against everyones opinion of him and is actually a strong willed young man with a heart of gold.

At least, that's what I think.
viperdk1 is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 16:56   Link #39
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Am I the only one who seems to think that Toori is a complete and utter moron who just gets lucky?
Toori got lucky in his judgement sending the miser who was the only person with resources that can have an equal match with a mecha.
He was lucky that he realized Nate's plan and accidentally thought up a way to counter that by sending Suzu.
He was lucky that things turned into his favor because he took the initiative in the argument rather than taking the last say.
He was lucky that he didn't need to lay out the argument against Testament Union because Masazumi laid it out for him.
Above all, he was damn lucky to be able to grope Seijun and Suzu's chest and got away scot free.

Yeah, he's too lucky... to have the wits to use the right people in the right occasion and the charisma to lead people.
__________________
Suiri Megami Alice is offline  
Old 2011-11-21, 17:51   Link #40
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
Toori got lucky in his judgement sending the miser who was the only person with resources that can have an equal match with a mecha.
He was lucky that he realized Nate's plan and accidentally thought up a way to counter that by sending Suzu.
He was lucky that things turned into his favor because he took the initiative in the argument rather than taking the last say.
He was lucky that he didn't need to lay out the argument against Testament Union because Masazumi laid it out for him.
Above all, he was damn lucky to be able to grope Seijun and Suzu's chest and got away scot free.

Yeah, he's too lucky... to have the wits to use the right people in the right occasion and the charisma to lead people.
In regards to the first the miser in question responds to be being pushed forward: "Oh, so you'll admit that all those times I picked on you that I was right." (or something like that)

In regards to the second, she wasn't picked but rather she volunteered.

In regards to the third, if it was genius then why does he sound like a complete moron who doesn't have a clue?

(Feel free to call it genius, rather it comes across to me as the exact opposite.)
__________________
lightsenshi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.