AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-23, 05:20   Link #1041
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Alrighty so I went and bought this game.

And holy crap are there a lot of quests. Moreso than Deus Ex.

I'm in Whiterun and up the part where your suppose to go meet some old guys in a mountain.
You can't even compare this game and Deus Ex .. Not even with the quest amount -_-. Deus Ex has what, 20? sidequests or so.. Skyrim has ... 200? 500? more? Probably more. When you've done all premade quests the radiant quest system kicks in that spawns you infinite amount of quests.

You should go the Greybeards to get your Unrelenting Force upgraded to the maximum, as well as get some other useful shouts. They can also point you to the next location of a shout if you don't want to explore and find them yourself.

Companions make the game too easy, as it's already too easy. Archery is overpowered so you really don't need a companion, plus your companion will ruin any attempt of '' sniping '' or sneaking. Enemy detected => Charge => You're detected => You can't get the sneak bonus from bow. And if you can't get sneak bonus from bow, they pretty much suck.

This game doesn't have a normal level up system. You level up when you improve your skills. You only improve them by using them. Thus, having a companion making the fights easier effectively means your skills develop slower as you won't be doing all the killing.

For roleplaying effect you might want to think about leveling up conuration. I don't remember much about F/SN, but if Archer does not carry his bow with him but rather '' summons '' it (From the pictures I would assume so, the bow isn't visible), you could use Conjure Bow spell. You only get it after Conjuration exceeds 30? though. There's also Conjure Sword spell which can be used to dual wield.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:03   Link #1042
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Companions make the game too easy, as it's already too easy. Archery is overpowered so you really don't need a companion, plus your companion will ruin any attempt of '' sniping '' or sneaking. Enemy detected => Charge => You're detected => You can't get the sneak bonus from bow. And if you can't get sneak bonus from bow, they pretty much suck.
Yes, I think Bethesda over nerfed the mob difficulty curve compared to Oblivion where mobs are always around your level, so no matter how good you are, a mob that was hard as hell will always be hard as hell.

They made it not scale at all but rather change spawn rates of easy and hard mobs. I think bosses scale with your level however.

Anything past mid level becomes 'overpowered'. (Except restoration and thief skills).

I went blacksmith and enchanting. Enchanting makes a ridiculous amount of money and the gears from the combination of the two just makes me take nearly no damage at all.

At one, it's rewarding that you actually feel you are stronger than before, the other kind of wishe there were some real challenges.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:34   Link #1043
Tong
Now, come at me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2014 World cup hoster
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
The challenges are made by ouselves.

If you want to try something that is satisfying, what about no Perk Run... Magic/Stamina/Health Levelup only, Steel Dagger only run, bare hand builds...

FFX is filled with these type of challenges, since the game is relatively easy.
__________________
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 09:52   Link #1044
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
May I help level up your Arthurian-fu? Here there be famed motif.
Talking about Arthurian mythology, quite afew elements are probably inspired by Arthurian. Like the tale of Red Eagle's sword, to the Forsworn. Though the Forsworn has a potential fount of inspiration.

My favorite quest has to be the Molag-Bal quest.

Spoiler for House of Horrors:
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 09:55   Link #1045
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Molag Bal is indeed a delicious gift. It made me realize just how beastly mace is. 75% armor ignore is just ridiculous xD.

I was so sad to replace it with my own crafted ebony mace
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 10:32   Link #1046
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Skyrim glitches killing me. Insightful Enchanter is glitched that it doesn't give the extra 5% for your base enchantments - basically it doesn't work.


Also, things laying around is never safe even if it is in your room cause I see people asking me if they can take them.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-11-23 at 11:57.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:20   Link #1047
spikexp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Quebec
Age: 22
... I enter a mine... and fall directly through the floor to my dead... damn bug...
spikexp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 13:11   Link #1048
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 13:24   Link #1049
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
You can't even compare this game and Deus Ex .. Not even with the quest amount -_-. Deus Ex has what, 20? sidequests or so.. Skyrim has ... 200? 500? more? Probably more. When you've done all premade quests the radiant quest system kicks in that spawns you infinite amount of quests.
Whoa easy fella this is my very first bethesba game and I had to wait a week after its release before getting it since all stores were sold out on PC version.

Quote:
You should go the Greybeards to get your Unrelenting Force upgraded to the maximum, as well as get some other useful shouts. They can also point you to the next location of a shout if you don't want to explore and find them yourself.
I am at level 10 at the moment and heading to the Legion camp but I guess I could go over to the old men.

Quote:
Companions make the game too easy, as it's already too easy. Archery is overpowered so you really don't need a companion, plus your companion will ruin any attempt of '' sniping '' or sneaking. Enemy detected => Charge => You're detected => You can't get the sneak bonus from bow. And if you can't get sneak bonus from bow, they pretty much suck.
I need the companion though to help carry loot and am making necklaces to help sell for money though every time I improve a weapon I come across a loot that's even better than it......

And I'm still able to sneak and snipe even with a companion as they stay well far behind and only engage when I'm detected.

For that matter what'd you do about mobs? I'm focusing on duel wielding swords and archery and wearing heavy armour so when mobbed by more than 2-3 guys what'd you do? I end up using potions when my HP is low but is there a more efficient alternative?

Quote:
For roleplaying effect you might want to think about leveling up conuration. I don't remember much about F/SN, but if Archer does not carry his bow with him but rather '' summons '' it (From the pictures I would assume so, the bow isn't visible), you could use Conjure Bow spell. You only get it after Conjuration exceeds 30? though. There's also Conjure Sword spell which can be used to dual wield.
Archer uses a bow when he's shooting stuff, otherwise he brings out his dual swords.

But damn I didn't know about that. What's the damage like for conjure bows and swords cause next run I'll do that instead.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 14:30   Link #1050
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: UK
Age: 29
Ah glitches, has anyone played this game and not got some?

Today I did the quest to get into the Thieves Guild (steal from someone and plant the evidence on someone else). Sadly I had the bug that doesn't flag the fact I've done it right, so I had to get caught stealing to move on. I stole 2 cabbages, got arrested, ponied up 2 gold and found out the next day the cabbage owner had paid some thugs to kill me for my misdeeds. Hilarious.

Great game this though. I loved Oblivion but this is light years better in every way imaginable. Glitches and all, it's still the best game of 2011 and up there with some of the best of the generation.

EDIT: @SoldierOfDarkness Bound Bow has the same base damage as a Daedric Bow (strongest bow in the game). Of course, it can't be smithed or enchanted like a Daedric Bow can, but it's still powerful enough to one-shot most enemies in the game even on higher difficulties (you just need the right perks)
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:18   Link #1051
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
For that matter what'd you do about mobs? I'm focusing on duel wielding swords and archery and wearing heavy armour so when mobbed by more than 2-3 guys what'd you do? I end up using potions when my HP is low but is there a more efficient alternative?
I bought Fast Heal from whiterun's wizard advisor. Being a heavy armor +shield build, I never use magic. So having a decent healing skill makes good use of that unused mana.


I played from beginning to end with the following priority:
1. Smithing, (Counter clock wise in perk tree) <- making your own gear with NPC purchased materials and upgrading them to legendary makes your armor overpowered and death is out of the question.

2. Heavy Armor, (1/5 for the first skill. Get -everything- except the left tree. I got the left tree perks once I had very high level Heavy Armor. Because the left tree is fairly useless aside from the final skill (Heavy Armor now weighs 0 and you use less stamina to run)

3. Blocking, Work your way up the right tree for shield bash and left tree for -50% damage from all magic.

4. One Handed, Get mace for ignore 75% armor.

5. Enchanting, this is a HUGE money maker. Any mediocre gear after enchanting with even the worst soul gems gets you ridiculous money. Petty soul + 75g sword + Health Steal (One of the most $$$ making enchantments) = 280g. The only worth enchanting perk is the final one (enchant twice on equipments). I'd take the right path as it's shorter and more useful.

Enchant all your armor into magic resist armor with grand souls if possible. My favorite weapon enchant is 3 second soul trap (It has nearly infinite charges lolol) with a grand soul.



My archery level might have been high as I always use it, but I didn't put a single perk into it.

This is the kind of build where you can go into a bandit camp and then leave your computer on and go to sleep. Wake up next morning with lvl 100 heavy armor (I'm a lazy cheap ass I know)

It's also the kind where you can beat away an ancient dragon with a pickaxe because it's doing no damage. You can also take a couple of direct hits from a Giant and walk away in one piece. With 100 heavy armor and 100 shield, a giant does less damage than your natural health recovery.


^ Just tank build. Never died, aside from bugs like jumping off a horse on a mountain and then somehow being catapulted across skyrim. I do need to pot against some bosses. (Like the first boss in Bleak Falls Barrow)
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:32   Link #1052
Tong
Now, come at me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2014 World cup hoster
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

2. Heavy Armor, (1/5 for the first skill. Get -everything- except the left tree. I got the left tree perks once I had very high level Heavy Armor. Because the left tree is fairly useless aside from the final skill (Heavy Armor now weighs 0 and you use less stamina to run)
The steed sign does the same thing. And increases your carry wight by 100.
__________________
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 17:10   Link #1053
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I bought Fast Heal from whiterun's wizard advisor. Being a heavy armor +shield build, I never use magic. So having a decent healing skill makes good use of that unused mana.


I played from beginning to end with the following priority:
1. Smithing, (Counter clock wise in perk tree) <- making your own gear with NPC purchased materials and upgrading them to legendary makes your armor overpowered and death is out of the question.

2. Heavy Armor, (1/5 for the first skill. Get -everything- except the left tree. I got the left tree perks once I had very high level Heavy Armor. Because the left tree is fairly useless aside from the final skill (Heavy Armor now weighs 0 and you use less stamina to run)

3. Blocking, Work your way up the right tree for shield bash and left tree for -50% damage from all magic.

4. One Handed, Get mace for ignore 75% armor.

5. Enchanting, this is a HUGE money maker. Any mediocre gear after enchanting with even the worst soul gems gets you ridiculous money. Petty soul + 75g sword + Health Steal (One of the most $$$ making enchantments) = 280g. The only worth enchanting perk is the final one (enchant twice on equipments). I'd take the right path as it's shorter and more useful.

Enchant all your armor into magic resist armor with grand souls if possible. My favorite weapon enchant is 3 second soul trap (It has nearly infinite charges lolol) with a grand soul.



My archery level might have been high as I always use it, but I didn't put a single perk into it.

This is the kind of build where you can go into a bandit camp and then leave your computer on and go to sleep. Wake up next morning with lvl 100 heavy armor (I'm a lazy cheap ass I know)

It's also the kind where you can beat away an ancient dragon with a pickaxe because it's doing no damage. You can also take a couple of direct hits from a Giant and walk away in one piece. With 100 heavy armor and 100 shield, a giant does less damage than your natural health recovery.


^ Just tank build. Never died, aside from bugs like jumping off a horse on a mountain and then somehow being catapulted across skyrim. I do need to pot against some bosses. (Like the first boss in Bleak Falls Barrow)

When I played a sword and board build, I find power bash to be pretty much useless. It just doesn't do as much damage as a regular power attack.

The banish (daedric banish) sells for the most amount of $$. Each iron dagger has a base price of ~1.2k. Paralysis is a far 2nd iirc.

I have a great debate between sword and maces:
Swords scale better with maces through upgrades. You also proc your enchants a lot more often.
Mace swings slowwww. This opens up a great window of counter attacks from opponents.
The sword perk (30% chance to crit @ 3/3) may sound inferior to 75% armor ignore (esp vs armored targets). But it stacks well with the charge perk.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 17:48   Link #1054
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
When I played a sword and board build, I find power bash to be pretty much useless. It just doesn't do as much damage as a regular power attack.

The banish (daedric banish) sells for the most amount of $$. Each iron dagger has a base price of ~1.2k. Paralysis is a far 2nd iirc.

I have a great debate between sword and maces:
Swords scale better with maces through upgrades. You also proc your enchants a lot more often.
Mace swings slowwww. This opens up a great window of counter attacks from opponents.
The sword perk (30% chance to crit @ 3/3) may sound inferior to 75% armor ignore (esp vs armored targets). But it stacks well with the charge perk.
Are you sure that the Bladesman perk is 30%? I'm looking at both wikis and it says at 3/3 that the crit chance is 20%.


Werewolf Tag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q4YrpJzN1Y

Last edited by Who; 2011-11-23 at 19:05.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:40   Link #1055
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, I understand how non-dragonwall dragon attacks are supposed to happen everywhere, but for some reason I still haven't experienced any attack inside Whiterun yet (I've been attacked twice in the farmland outside though). Ditto for Solitude. Do dragons avoid walled cities, I wonder?

Currently going through the Thief Guild quest, then maybe I'll then do the Dark Brotherhood quest. I'm holding off doing the Empire vs. Stormcloaks quests until I finish all the Thane quests for each major city.

Why yes, I'm already level 43, and I haven't stepped anywhere NEAR High Hrothgar yet. Funny how things worked out. Might ignore it as long as possible, at least until I find all of the Daedra quests. Then I can finally get RO DAH.

By the way, does Alduin scale with your level? I watched a level 11 playthrough taking him down without much problem.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 20:22   Link #1056
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Just did the Missing in Action sidequest.

I took great pleasure in using the nazi elves for arrow practice. Took it slow, took it with care. Also cleared the fortress of everything of value, for no other reason than because I want to piss off the owners. Their armours would be useful for my enchanting level up.

I would be disappointed if I don't get to crack High Elven skulls in the next Elderscrolls game.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 20:38   Link #1057
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Are you sure that the Bladesman perk is 30%? I'm looking at both wikis and it says at 3/3 that the crit chance is 20%.


Werewolf Tag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q4YrpJzN1Y
Yep 20%. Got confused.
I might try a mace-centric playstyle with Elemental Fury (+attack speed). The slowness of maces is somewhat hard to get used to =S.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Just did the Missing in Action sidequest.

I took great pleasure in using the nazi elves for arrow practice. Took it slow, took it with care. Also cleared the fortress of everything of value, for no other reason than because I want to piss off the owners. Their armours would be useful for my enchanting level up.

I would be disappointed if I don't get to crack High Elven skulls in the next Elderscrolls game.
I love to save that quest for the high level ranges since they will provide me with a whole bagful of glass armor
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:35   Link #1058
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I love to save that quest for the high level ranges since they will provide me with a whole bagful of glass armor
I thought they stopped at Elven Gilded? The Thalmor patrol random spawn I jumped at 40-ish was wearing that, though they did have glass daggers.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:36   Link #1059
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I thought they stopped at Elven Gilded? The Thalmor patrol random spawn I jumped at 40-ish was wearing that, though they did have glass daggers.
In my game where I am level 35 or so, the leader elves have glass. But regular elves wear normal elven gear.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 00:03   Link #1060
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
1 outa 10 what do you guys think of this outfit?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...29056137764468
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...29056137763473

I call it Dovahkin trailer outfit 2,0
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.