AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-15, 00:50   Link #1781
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Heinsiko with those claws look from the start very threatening along with her weapons.
Either way Phoenix is a beast!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 05:36   Link #1782
fposters01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
marvel vs capcom

I love to play this game because of the great graphics and the special powers depends on the characters.
__________________
fposters01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:31   Link #1783
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Heard Vergil's lvl 3 and Phoenix Wright's have the same damage.

Though I guess Phoenix has a slight advantage only being avoidable by blocking before the flash.
Yeah Phoenix Wright has a 0 frame start up level 3 so that is an advantage but Vergil has the advantage of being a much better character and not having to rely on finding evidence and than getting into Turnabout mode. Phoenix Wright is like Phoenix except nowhere near as broken and you have to expose him to get him into his optimal mode.

Vanilla Wolverine would tear apart Phoenix on point all day every day....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:33   Link #1784
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah Phoenix Wright has a 0 frame start up level 3 so that is an advantage but Vergil has the advantage of being a much better character and not having to rely on finding evidence and than getting into Turnabout mode. Phoenix Wright is like Phoenix except nowhere near as broken and you have to expose him to get him into his optimal mode.

Vanilla Wolverine would tear apart Phoenix on point all day every day....
Well I did hear that Phoenix Wright was the most difficult to use, though I am curious since I've heard about it a couple of time, but what is vanilla?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:42   Link #1785
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Well I did hear that Phoenix Wright was the most difficult to use, though I am curious since I've heard about it a couple of time, but what is vanilla?
Vanilla is just slang for the original game, so when people talk about Vanilla in regards to SFIV and MVC3 they're talkiing about Street Fighter IV and Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Like Vanilla Sagat/Phoenix was so broken! Fuck Super/Ultimate Cammy/Wesker etc.

It's just quicker than saying Street Fighter IV or Marvel Vs Capcom, was getting stupid with some people calling the 3 SFIVs vanilla, strawberry and chocolate for like 3 weeks, thank fuck that died, the point of saying vanilla is it's quicker to say than SFIV.. and you say Super and AE for the next two versions anyway.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:45   Link #1786
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Ahh, that explains a lot, thanks.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:36   Link #1787
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
From the new characters, I'm really liking Nemesis, Frank West, and Ghost Rider. Nemesis is a beast; he's so efficient with his damage output in that he can do simple combos with high damage. Frank West is a force to be reckoned with once he acquires 5 levels. Ghost Rider's long-range game is a nuisance against many characters and he's got some great defensive tools for keep away.

Hopefully in the long run this game shapes up to be much better than the mess that its prequel was.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:49   Link #1788
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
People have described Nemesis as a better Sentinel, is there any truth to this?

On another note, I'm scared of Ghost Rider players, Amaterasu's 2nd weapon still leaves a mark on me.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 04:52   Link #1789
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
This game is crazy fun if you can play with people near your skill level, managed to get my online win % up from 6% (lol) back to 39% the other night. Playing one of the top players in sydney for my first 30 games wasn't exactly a good idea in regards to win %'s lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
People have described Nemesis as a better Sentinel, is there any truth to this?
All I know is that he is very safe with his moves but it seems his mobility is left wanting a bit. Though his Jump H is pretty damn good.. don't know if he's better than Sentinel.. but I do know that top players like Combofiend and Floe both start Nemesis on their teams.

Time will tell.

But the strongest new characters seem to be Hawkeye, Vergil, Strider & Nemesis. Frank West has the best assist in the game in Shopping Kart (not counting P.Wrights Turnabout Mode Press the Witness) which really locks people down. But he's much weaker as a anchor compared to Akuma from last game.

Hawkeye is ridic in Level 3 x-factor.... ridic in general.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 06:45   Link #1790
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Scratch that, I was able to find a launch tournament Grand Finals video.

BEHOLD MY MIGHTY HAND!!!

Must say, that Nemesis is just, damn...
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 20:59   Link #1791
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nemesis seems meh. From the youtube vids, it seems the combination of individual nerfs, nerfs to X-factor, and the fact that your opponents can hit it in the air now, and less meter gain means that there'll be less hot redheaded fanservice blowing everyone up in glorious fashion in this game D:. I wonder if anyone will still use her since the payoff seems unjustified for the far greater risk.

Hawkeye: Seems to be a better Masktaster.
Vergil is just freaking badass, but from what commentators were saying, doesn't have enough air options to be considered GDLK. His *theme* though...is beyond godlike though. And the dude himself reminds me of Illidan Stormrage sort of...
Wesker is...still same ol' Wesker. So what that he went from 1.1 mil to like 900 or so...he still beats the crap out of most people and 10-0's Ghostrider since Ghostrider can't deal with jump back gunshot.
Mag-freaking-neto lost his DHC, which is a pretty huge nerf, and it seems he can't go lol juggle crazy on people for as long, coupled with less meter gain on a universal level means less loopy loops into "Gravity Squeeze--MWAHAHAHAHA...you...are...DELICIOUS!"
Dormammu: can someone explain to me why this beast received a plethora of buffs?!
Wolvie: seems slightly less badass.
Akuma: now that his tatsu assist lost some of its punch, I won't be surprised if he's never seen again.

Overall: I want Phoenix buffs. At least to the character before Dark Phoenix, so that she can be used without just sitting on the sidelines until 5 meters.

That, or I'm just a Jean fanboy due to the terrific job Jen Hale did as her voice actress. (That and she looks really cuddly in the X-men anime)
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 00:02   Link #1792
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Nemesis isn't really that huge, his inmense size and his slow moves make him an easy target from mostly any killer combo, the bets way to exploit Nemesis is cornering the opponent, if you corner with nemesis and extend the combo with assists, the oponente is in real danger.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 05:28   Link #1793
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Dormammu received buffs? I used to main him, gave up because I suck at keep-away, or maybe I just plain sucked at Dormammu, I was not worthy for the yummy chowder. "I summon the chowder...YUM, YUM!!"
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 20:43   Link #1794
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Dormammu received buffs? I used to main him, gave up because I suck at keep-away, or maybe I just plain sucked at Dormammu, I was not worthy for the yummy chowder. "I summon the chowder...YUM, YUM!!"
He can now charge in mid air. Among other things. "The power of the power of the power of the power the" in the air.

I'm still pissed that Jean got nerfed. How do you nerf the best looking character in the game ?:C
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 20:57   Link #1795
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
I'm still disappointed that there is no Cyke, where's the love? I mean he actually has more fans now than back when X-men, MvC 1 or 2 was out. Besides, like/hate him, he was awesome and fun to play with in games.

Personally, IMO, even though Jean got nerfed, she is still a beast in the game so there really isn't much to complain with.

The other Pheonix, however was harder to use than I expected, though he still is a sight to behold.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 23:20   Link #1796
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Because Cyke isn't really lovable. He's got boring gameplay (shotoclone--and we already have Ryu and Akuma--both of whom are infinitely more badass), and people probably can't stand him because he gets the two hottest women in all of Western comics while having no real character traits to justify either. (Frankly, I'd rather ship Emma/Jean but that's just me.)
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 00:57   Link #1797
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention...

Spoiler for VERY IMPORTANT:
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 01:29   Link #1798
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Now THAT is a game I want to see....
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 01:43   Link #1799
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
*Cuddles the Jean kitty*

Zero kitty looks a LOT like Rush from the Megaman show from way back when. The Felicia kitty is actually incorrectly drawn--as Felicia actually has a kitty form, and that isn't it.

Catlactus is pretty big =P

DMC kitties look badass, as does the Akuma kitty.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 04:58   Link #1800
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Jean had those nerfs coming in my opinion, though now people have even more reason to leave her out until 5 bars, which isn't a good thing either so...
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, marvel, ps3, xbox360

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.