AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-25, 22:24   Link #1201
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Its weapon doesn't like UC-ish though
Based on what a model magazine mentioned, the rifle on the Banshee's right hand is derived from the technology of the Fin Funnel.

The only difference is that it is given a higher power output which is now equivalent to a beam launcher and is literally hard wired to the Banshee when attached instead of being remotely controlled mentally. It is also said to be a precursor to the V2 Assault mode's mega beam rifle
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2011-11-25 at 22:54.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 23:44   Link #1202
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
i could definitely see the "Lion" being portrayed in the Banshee. very nice and awesome design.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 06:44   Link #1203
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What exactly is a UC weapon supposed to look like?
I'm not really familiar with the UC lore, but from what I can see of UC Gundams, they are mostly equipped with 'conventional' looking weapons, or for a lack of better words, 'realistic' looking weapons such as Beam Rifles and normal shields. Unicorn Banshee's weapon looks more like something out of 00 universe, especially the claw/shield thing

I like the new weapons though
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:01   Link #1204
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Love the fin-funnel rifle thing though.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:31   Link #1205
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
What about that claw weapon? Will it be usable in Unicorn mode? Else it looks really silly just covering up its hand.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:11   Link #1206
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
What about that claw weapon? Will it be usable in Unicorn mode? Else it looks really silly just covering up its hand.
Every indication is it's just a glorified boxing glove in Unicorn Mode.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:31   Link #1207
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Every indication is it's just a glorified boxing glove in Unicorn Mode.
An impact from gauntlet that size to the cockpit is quite lethal. You can see the effect from an ordinary hand after Kshatriya whacked up Unicorn's pilot prior to it's capture in Ep.2.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:31   Link #1208
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Meh... It still looks silly. But given how its lineart shows that the claws aren't part of the psychoflame (they don't glow in Destroy mode) I was hoping the Banshee would be able to use them in Unicorn mode as well.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:57   Link #1209
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
An impact from gauntlet that size to the cockpit is quite lethal. You can see the effect from an ordinary hand after Kshatriya whacked up Unicorn's pilot prior to it's capture in Ep.2.
Oh I never said it wasn't lethal. Just that it looks like an amusing shout out to the Maxter.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 21:12   Link #1210
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Meh... It still looks silly. But given how its lineart shows that the claws aren't part of the psychoflame (they don't glow in Destroy mode) I was hoping the Banshee would be able to use them in Unicorn mode as well.
Uh oh, quick someone get him him ready for transport. He must go into UC Elitist Fan Witness Protection!

They'll be coming after you!
GN0010 Nosferatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 21:58   Link #1211
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Uh oh, quick someone get him him ready for transport. He must go into UC Elitist Fan Witness Protection!

They'll be coming after you!
I'm surprised I actually think that way, given how I'm just a recent UC convert. (Just got to watching the original 0079 series, about halfway through now.) In fact, 00 got me into Gundam, and I still love it, so it's quite unthinkable that I actually feel odd about these apparent 00-ish designs.

Oh, and I was commenting on its silliness in Unicorn mode, it looks pretty badass in Destroy mode.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 00:07   Link #1212
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Oh, and I was commenting on its silliness in Unicorn mode, it looks pretty badass in Destroy mode.
Some over-the-top elements are required to address the now-common Attention Deficit Disorder of young viewers today if you want to leave a deep impression on the first introduction. You will certainly find them lacking in the old classic Gs from UC when compared to designs from the last decade or so.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 11:55   Link #1213
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Some over-the-top elements are required to address the now-common Attention Deficit Disorder of young viewers today if you want to leave a deep impression on the first introduction. You will certainly find them lacking in the old classic Gs from UC when compared to designs from the last decade or so.
Don't know about you, but personally I find Victory's Wing of Light or Turn A's Butterfly Wing are thing I called "over the top".
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:09   Link #1214
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Don't know about you, but personally I find Victory's Wing of Light or Turn A's Butterfly Wing are thing I called "over the top".
The Turn A was supposed to be " over the top " though, since the entire series is based on what it did and how not to repeat it

i'm also sceptic of the glove/claw attachment on the Banshee, the funnel canon i can live with but i don't understand the point of the claw, unless it has some shining finger connection
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 09:57   Link #1215
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Don't know about you, but personally I find Victory's Wing of Light or Turn A's Butterfly Wing are thing I called "over the top".
You are venturing into the area of "abilities" here whereas I'm speaking more about the "basic designs"

Surly you can never had predicted V2 sprouting it's miles wide wings nor Turn A mass spamming nanomachines when you first saw their linearts ?
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2011-11-28 at 10:14.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:45   Link #1216
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Take Crossbone, then.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:14   Link #1217
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
i'm also sceptic of the glove/claw attachment on the Banshee, the funnel canon i can live with but i don't understand the point of the claw, unless it has some shining finger connection
Almost a shining finger; the Banshee can still use the left beam saber through the glove/claw (based on the gunpla).
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 07:22   Link #1218
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Hmm. Would the Banshee be able to use the right beam saber as well, then? Would be quite odd if it could only do so when its cannon is drawn out.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 07:22   Link #1219
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Take Crossbone, then.
Good call. But did you take into the following points ? :-

1) Crossbone came in the aftermath of G and W where the trend is fanciful flashy aesthetic over realistic utilitarian designs.

2) Crossbone planted the idea of Newtype primates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Almost a shining finger; the Banshee can still use the left beam saber through the glove/claw (based on the gunpla).
Nothing special. Unicorn can do the same :-



Banshee just expaned on the idea. Putting the target on a vice grip and killing it slowly.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 11:45   Link #1220
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Banshee just expaned on the idea. Putting the target on a vice grip and killing it slowly.
That description sounds like an alternate interpretation of Kyrios' GN Claw Shield.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.