AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-28, 18:32   Link #841
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
They've done a great job of showing that every time Yuno suggests something that sounds morally reprehensible, it turns out to be the correct course of action. Not that it absolves her of the questionable and occasionally downright evil things she demands Yukki do, it just means that Yukki is consistently punished for trying to do the right thing. I really want to believe that this is slowly going to turn Yukki into a reluctantly merciless cynic to rival Yuno... and I hope that's when the real tragedies begin.

I'm glad they at least tried to have it make sense that the Rei incident could happen without the entire world wondering what's going on with these two high school kids who leave bombed out buildings and mass graves in their wake. After all, this time it happened in their own house. Fourth apparently has the pull to shush what he can, and spin what he can't. For whose sake, though?

I don't like the bully's survival odds. Anyone who gives us a hope spot that Yukki could have a single friend in the world besides Yuno tends to end up dead. Sometimes after stabbing Yukki in the back.

This was another episode that worked fantastically, as long as you don't think too hard about the contrivances, and the scenes that no longer make sense after the reveal. The dogs showing up was great scene, and as soon as Hinata returned at the end, I got that Keyser Söze flashback moment of Mao saying "you're not going to be anything more than friends with Hinata.. I can't tell you why."

EDIT
Spoiler for Since I seem to do this every time Yuno goes Helter Skelter:

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2011-11-28 at 18:58.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:46   Link #842
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post

I don't like the bully's survival odds. Anyone who gives us a hope spot that Yukki could have a single friend in the world besides Yuno tends to end up dead. Sometimes after stabbing Yukki in the back.
Would be nice if he does survive. He seems to be the only one (A part from Yuno) that he can actually trust right now. It wasn't fully focused on him, but you could see that he was just as surprised as Yuki when the girl suddenly turned on them by his stance.

Alas, there always needs to be deaths from minor characters to keep certain viewers interested, otherwise it would be the main characters always surviving and winning. I wont be surprised if they do kill the bully.
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:59   Link #843
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
That Kousaka betrayed Yuki before and basically brought him out to die; Yuki's got nobody he can truly trust aside from Yuno at this point. At the very least, she'll go all insane and slash apart everything in her path to Yuki and he'll live.

Also, Akise Aru doesn't hold that supposed diary in his possession because he's one of the original 12. We can't be sure if his claim to want to protect Yuki is true or not.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 00:01   Link #844
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
dog gone it look things are going straights to the dog house.

1/3 are "dead end" yet one of them dairy owner was give a dairy to somebody.
weeks past yuki wonder how new school is give yuno sneak corner & oh mysterious guy.
new school & oh one of guy (kosaka) who tried used yuki so save himself & there two females (hinata & mao) give one got pants down other pic time.
go park little fun & oh yuno write "die" on the dirt.
then oh boy chop arm & army of dogs with metal mouths.
oh mysterious guy aka aru (yet remind of someone from NGE yet same voice) tell run to building.
while you some old guy prepare for lots of foods for the dogs (wonder also play cards as well just if)
while wondering to do yuki go block telling on windows & it works.
after all that it reveal to lead it's trap cause yuki got knife hold with mao with reveal more hinata is alive all this cause she after aru.

mur mur extra on aru with aru bike meet mur mur to lead amusement park to lead aru figure mur mur plans but not bike chair.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:02   Link #845
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
EDIT
Spoiler for Since I seem to do this every time Yuno goes Helter Skelter:
Helter Skelter Save for a hentai game/anime, and a song from an overrated pop band, which probably are unrelated, what is Helter Skelter
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:56   Link #846
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Helter Skelter Save for a hentai game/anime, and a song from an overrated pop band, which probably are unrelated, what is Helter Skelter
Er.. I'm referring to her state of murderous intent by alluding to a Beatles song, the title of which was co-opted by the Manson family as partial justification for their violent conspiracy. It probably isn't the most apt comparison, I just wanted to refer to Yuno's dangerous mental state through a cultural touchstone. I thought it seemed doubly descriptive since the phrase can be slang for a state of disorder or discord.

And now that I've completely wasted your time...

At the risk of being dangerously on-topic, by my standards, I've gotta wonder how you justify the scene where Hinata is alone with the dogs, giving an Oscar-worthy performance -- essentially to no one -- if she really is working on behalf of the dog man, and in no real danger. In the name of fun, I've decided not to think about it too much.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 10:10   Link #847
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
No worries, association of Helter Skelter with the Manson family is popular and famous as all hell in America, most of us get it.

I guess the same is not true in England.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 10:11   Link #848
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No worries, association of Helter Skelter with the Manson family is popular and famous as all hell in America, most of us get it.

I guess the same is not true in England.
Dunno, just moved here
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 23:01   Link #849
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Anyone else notice Yukki's wondering about whether or not he should use his diary to help them stave off the dog attack?

Spoiler for Ep. 8 goofiness:


Meanwhile, Hinata and Mao definitely raise the ol' yuri flag, and the fangirls get Akise's self-evident crush on Yukki on the yaoi side. Ahh, young love. Better sharpen your axe, Yuno; you're going to need it with all these hormones in the air.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:52   Link #850
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I really wonder, how come there are no H-doujinshi already out, goofy plot aside, it covers pretty much everything, yaoi, yuri, gore, gang-rape, mind-rape, MILF, bestiality, BSDM, I doubt that the author left any common fetish untouched
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:40   Link #851
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Who says there aren't?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:48   Link #852
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ titles, circles?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:02   Link #853
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I also love how everything about Yuno just screams "don't listen to her", yet whenever Yuki doesn't, it always backfires on him.
Strangely enough, in the completely insane world of Mirai Nikki and it's survival game, everything about Yuno screams "Listen to everything she says VERY CAREFULLY!" if you were to ask me.

"In an insane world, she is the sanest choice."
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:06   Link #854
Makender
Varsity Slacker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ titles, circles?
Search for Mirai Nikki on Fakku and you'll get one. I'm sure there's more in the deeper nether-regions of the internet.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of what to be and not to be afraid of.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:23   Link #855
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Strangely enough, in the completely insane world of Mirai Nikki and it's survival game, everything about Yuno screams "Listen to everything she says VERY CAREFULLY!" if you were to ask me.

"In an insane world, she is the sanest choice."
Too bad Palin didn't run, because that would have made a killer bumper sticker.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 04:02   Link #856
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Too bad Palin didn't run, because that would have made a killer bumper sticker.
This is THE funniest thing I've read all day.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 05:09   Link #857
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Search for Mirai Nikki on Fakku and you'll get one. I'm sure there's more in the deeper nether-regions of the internet.
fakku.net? LOL, that site is for kids, couples, and families, that can only speak english... anyway, after a quick search in some deeper nether-regions of the internet web came up with an old NTR-ish vanilla one sporting Yuno, and three more from the latest coming Comiket, one even with Minene... four is still pretty much nothing, I'll try P2P nets just in case I am missing more, the manga is supposed to be popular, and definitely run for quite some time, so there should be more

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-11-30 at 16:59. Reason: mixing C80 with C81
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 08:05   Link #858
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Damm, everyone only talk about Akise. Look like I'm only one here who like Hinata/Mao.

The outcome this current arc will be something that you won't expect to see in this show.Please looks forward to it~
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:04   Link #859
Makender
Varsity Slacker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
fakku.net? LOL, that site is for kids, couples, and families, that can only speak english... anyway, after a quick search in some deeper nether-regions of the internet web came up with an old NTR-ish vanilla one sporting Yuno, and three more from the latest Comiket, one even with Minene... four is still pretty much nothing, I'll try P2P nets just in case I am missing more, the manga is supposed to be popular, and definitely run for quite some time, so there should be more
The reason I put deeper nether-regions is because fakku is one of the most obvious choices that you somehow seemed to miss (I guess because it was too obvious). Anyways, like I said you were able to find more (albeit very few) with some effort.

Regarding Mirai Nikki's popularity from the inception of its manga and subsequent lack of doujins, could be westen buzz making it seem more popular than it actually is elsewhere and thus not getting enough perceived fan love in spite of perceived popularity.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of what to be and not to be afraid of.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:57   Link #860
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Fixed my post above, the doujinshi I mentioned are published in C81, which has not happened yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
The reason I put deeper nether-regions is because fakku is one of the most obvious choices that you somehow seemed to miss (I guess because it was too obvious). Anyways, like I said you were able to find more (albeit very few) with some effort.
I never checked, because I didn't find anything raw in the first place so looking for translations didn't make much sense at that point. As information source, it is also quite crap, filled with errors in data, programming-wise the site put simply... sucks. Not to mention that the majority of its users are total idiots (there are exceptions). That said, I visit from time to time, especially when I get too frastrated reading raws or in the mood for really stupid chatting, only the random board beats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Regarding Mirai Nikki's popularity from the inception of its manga and subsequent lack of doujins, could be westen buzz making it seem more popular than it actually is elsewhere and thus not getting enough perceived fan love in spite of perceived popularity.
Nah, it is popular, looking at amazon.co.jp sales for anime/manga/BL, volume 12 is ranked 196 (after 7-8 months) and v.01 is at 424 (after 5.5 years). But a better indicator would be the internal ranking of the magazine it was published in... my understanding is that this is the biggest part of a franchises income generation, neither the collected volumes, nor the anime volumes (when the publisher is involved). In any case popularity overseas pretty much amounts to nothing. And I understand your argument about being popular, if for no other reason, it's another one in the long list of works that had a far worse professional commercial release than an amateurish pirated one.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.