AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-30, 14:47   Link #21
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Being a bit more serious now, did the spoiler actually say Miria is awakening or that Miria is just releasing more yoki?
Well, she was already over her limit so I don't see how she could not awaken by releasing even more, unless Cynthia interferes.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:06   Link #22
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
I thought it said she was releasing more yoki than before and greatly implying she was about to hit that line not even a partially awakened should cross but due to the timely arrival of "Tabitha's group". However no mention of her going back due to her own will power or them reverting her. I'd wager it was Miria going back on her own though, but that was only my impression based on an absolute lack of info on this point provided by the spoiler. I just took it as Miria realized that with them now here she didn't need to shoulder the entire burden herself since the ghosts make acquitted backup... plus now all of them minus Tabitha have fought some insane fights and should all be more seasoned and stronger as a result. Though Tabitha may have gotten better as working with the team after assaulting the orgs hidden base (and maybe Anastasia and Nike got better too in there team work with the ghosts)
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:16   Link #23
Arlenis
Of Lights
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Organization (New York, U.S)
Age: 24
So.....
Cassandra is a TANK.
Roxxanna is a Claymation-GUMBY.
Hysteria is a Praying-MANTIS.

I hope their atLEAST interesting enough to hold SOME sort of redemption qualities. The forms of the last three Abyssal Ones were so superb and fitting of their personalities that I might vomit from these three not measuring up in the least bit...or I might just cry and convince myself that they are decent enough. I have a question though. Does anyone find it impractical for Miria to continue fighting giving that fact that she should have reached her limit by now. Even IF she suppresses, I don't think that merits her being able to go on really much longer at all and especially against an Abyssal one. The ghost jumping an Abyssal one without Clare OR Miria or even WITH Miria's tired ass should hardly be a fair fight. I mean they RAN from Riful flat out. Cassandra vs Roxanna should prove to be a fun watch, though Cassandra's armor does not SEEM to look very hard it surely seems to BE very hard or at least as hard as Dauf's.
__________________
It's her. The one possessing such a technique of luster, mustering her own Yoki from within and emitting it in an offensive force of illuminating gales; Arlenis of Lights
Arlenis is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:29   Link #24
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Cassandra's armor doesn't look very strong. It just looks like normal skin that an AB would have. Is it supposed to be really tough armor or something?
Cassandra's awakened form was a little dissapointing but hopefully Hysteria's will look cooler. I don't really care what Roxanne's looks like.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:30   Link #25
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
So.....
Cassandra is a TANK.
Roxxanna is a Claymation-GUMBY.
Hysteria is a Praying-MANTIS.

I hope their atLEAST interesting enough to hold SOME sort of redemption qualities. The forms of the last three Abyssal Ones were so superb and fitting of their personalities that I might vomit from these three not measuring up in the least bit...or I might just cry and convince myself that they are decent enough. I have a question though. Does anyone find it impractical for Miria to continue fighting giving that fact that she should have reached her limit by now. Even IF she suppresses, I don't think that merits her being able to go on really much longer at all and especially against an Abyssal one. The ghost jumping an Abyssal one without Clare OR Miria or even WITH Miria's tired ass should hardly be a fair fight. I mean they RAN from Riful flat out. Cassandra vs Roxanna should prove to be a fun watch, though Cassandra's armor does not SEEM to look very hard it surely seems to BE very hard or at least as hard as Dauf's.


Cassandra was described to be dodging like Neo in the Matrix, not exactly a property of a tank or something that large

As to Roxanne I have no idea what a "mimosa" is beyond the drink mix. So I'm still clueless of what she looks like. Maybe she looks like a cheap date someone picks up at a bar

As to Hysteria she is a Praying-MANTIS but with angel wings.

But yeah, I really do agree that the last three AO designs where amazing and really fit there characters and I fear I'll be disappointed since I kinda was with Cassandra's form. Hoping not though... Cassandra's form wasn't that bad, it was just weird (not sure that's better or worse come to think of it)

On another note Roxanne supposedly still has the perfect sword so maybe Cassandra's only dodging since Roxanne still hasn't used her AB version of that technique yet and Yagi is saving that plot twist for next chapter for some reason. Likely a lame chapter climax
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:34   Link #26
Arlenis
Of Lights
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Organization (New York, U.S)
Age: 24
Bahahaahh, Claymore. I don't really care what that wretched WHORE looks like either (Roxanna). I hope and believe Hysteria's will be elegant. It would be HORRIBLE if not. That would be like Galatea awakening into something hideous. I said Cassandra's armor SEEMS strong because of the points another individual made about it...I think it was Gooral or Ryus. Not sure. Don't feel like looking it up I just remember the points that were made. Cassandra's form IS rather disappointing...well half way disappointing I'd say. I like the large humanoid part in matrix styled posing, but that torso in the center of her breasts is tacky...not to mention those heads. If she CAN dust eat with her main body as I hoped she would then in the event she shows to be able to she will no longer be a tank.....damnit.
__________________
It's her. The one possessing such a technique of luster, mustering her own Yoki from within and emitting it in an offensive force of illuminating gales; Arlenis of Lights
Arlenis is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:37   Link #27
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I actually thought Cassandra's form was very fitting. She was regarded as weird by her fellow claymores and Roxanne deemed her technique unorthodox and dirty. Now we have a form that is utterly reflective of her life and technique; strange, unorthodox, and coasting the ground. In truth, I think Cassandra's form is one of the more symbolic forms alongside Isley's twisted knight form and Jean's butterlfy form.

edit: It also gave a Gantz feeling to it.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:41   Link #28
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Bahahaahh, Claymore. I don't really care what that wretched WHORE looks like either (Roxanna). I hope and believe Hysteria's will be elegant. It would be HORRIBLE if not. That would be like Galatea awakening into something hideous. I said Cassandra's armor SEEMS strong because of the points another individual made about it...I think it was Gooral or Ryus. Not sure. Don't feel like looking it up I just remember the points that were made. Cassandra's form IS rather disappointing...well half way disappointing I'd say. I like the large humanoid part in matrix styled posing, but that torso in the center of her breasts is tacky...not to mention those heads. If she CAN dust eat with her main body as I hoped she would then in the event she shows to be able to she will no longer be a tank.....damnit.


Overall, minus the bit about not caring about Roxanne, I don't disagree at all. Cassandra's form fit but in a fruity way...

I don't recall if it was me or Gooral either, sorry not enough sleep for my brain to be functioning properly atm I was just commenting in a teasing manner about Cassandra dodging according to the spoiler, which just sounds so wrong it's not even funny based on her size and being in a limbo position on her back.

However based on the spoiler I feel as if Cassandra broke a cardinal rule. She called Roxanne by her previous rank in a derogatory way even though Roxanne did defeat her (though she was weakened and being stupid at the time). If that happened to a protagonist that would almost be a death sentence for Cassandra, though since Roxanne is another clear antagonist who knows how Yagi will play this. I'll just say I'll be disappointed if Roxanne is defeated too quickly since Cassandra's form is so weird and boring and Roxanne is a villain we love to hate (aka doing her role in the plot very well).
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:43   Link #29
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
It would have been better if Cassandra didn't have heads on tentacles. If they were just mouths with sharp teeth instead of her whole head it probably would have been much better. Sort of like Luciella and the individual mouths that were all over her body.
Cassandra could have just had tentacles with sharp teeth on them that could eat things. The large head-tentacles are the things that i find the most dissapointing about her awakened form.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:50   Link #30
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
The only thing I don't like about Cassandra's form is her posture. If she stood up, I'd be all good with it.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:52   Link #31
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
It would have been better if Cassandra didn't have heads on tentacles. If they were just mouths with sharp teeth instead of her whole head it probably would have been much better. Sort of like Luciella and the individual mouths that were all over her body.
Cassandra could have just had tentacles with sharp teeth on them that could eat things. The large head-tentacles are the things that i find the most dissapointing about her awakened form.
Yeah this pic sums up my thoughts on the "head tentacles"

Spoiler for pic:


The one plus of Cassandra's awakened form I'd say is it's so stupid it gives us an idea of what an awakened Helen would look like... too ridiculous to take seriously.

-----

Maybe we should have a poll

Spoiler for joke poll:
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:53   Link #32
Arlenis
Of Lights
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Organization (New York, U.S)
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I actually thought Cassandra's form was very fitting. She was regarded as weird by her fellow claymores and Roxanne deemed her technique unorthodox and dirty. Now we have a form that is utterly reflective of her life and technique; strange, unorthodox, and coasting the ground. In truth, I think Cassandra's form is one of the more symbolic forms alongside Isley's twisted knight form and Jean's butterlfy form.

edit: It also gave a Gantz feeling to it.
Understood, however. I just feel it could have been pulled off in a more...well....legendary and deserving fashion. I mean she doesn't LOOK like a respectable abyssal one.

Also, Claymore!, I mostly dislike the torso in the middle of her boobs. That is what leads me to believe she is stationary unless that changes. I mean if her main body stands up then that torso thing will be staring at the ground...and that is just........silly.

Ryus, according to that spoiler she DID seem to get kind of haughty in all her "SHIT talk" (literally shit talk). I would also like to see a decent battle between she and the whore, however I don't see what the whore's specialty would/could be in her awakened form.....hmm. Is she "Clay" like because her form molds and mimics the opponent to mimic their technique? Could be. On another note, Hysteria being a Praying-MANTIS!? That is not pretty at ALL!? Perhaps this spoiler isn't true.....
__________________
It's her. The one possessing such a technique of luster, mustering her own Yoki from within and emitting it in an offensive force of illuminating gales; Arlenis of Lights
Arlenis is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 15:56   Link #33
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
@Ryus
I always liked Dauf's awakened form (even though he looked like a frog the way he would sit). And the cat-arm things, i didn't think that they were that awful. He died like a minute latter anyways.

So, i think that Cassandra's is the worst, (A is my answer )

@Arlenis
I can actually see Hysteria as something like a praying mantis, Not exactly like one but something that has cool looking legs and can move very fast. It may not be pretty, but it would fit her personality as being evil and sort of bitchy . Like Ophelia, her awakened form fit her perfectly; it had an interesting snake-like quality.

And i can agree that Cassandra's "posture" is quite ugly too. She might be a stationary fighter, she would just use her head-tentacles to fight.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:04   Link #34
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Understood, however. I just feel it could have been pulled off in a more...well....legendary and deserving fashion. I mean she doesn't LOOK like a respectable abyssal one.
Perhaps, but I think that is partially the point, she is none of those things. Roxanne gives her the title "Dust Eater" as a being that crawls in the dirty and is a lowly existence. Her form drags on the ground and defies reason like something out of Gantz.

Riful, Isley, and Luciela were exceptional claymores, while Cassandra was in many ways taboo and a twisted individual.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:05   Link #35
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Understood, however. I just feel it could have been pulled off in a more...well....legendary and deserving fashion. I mean she doesn't LOOK like a respectable abyssal one.

Also, Claymore!, I mostly dislike the torso in the middle of her boobs. That is what leads me to believe she is stationary unless that changes. I mean if her main body stands up then that torso thing will be staring at the ground...and that is just........silly.

Ryus, according to that spoiler she DID seem to get kind of haughty in all her "SHIT talk" (literally shit talk). I would also like to see a decent battle between she and the whore, however I don't see what the whore's specialty would/could be in her awakened form.....hmm. Is she "Clay" like because her form molds and mimics the opponent to mimic their technique? Could be. On another note, Hysteria being a Praying-MANTIS!? That is not pretty at ALL!? Perhaps this spoiler isn't true.....
Sad to say the source of the spoiler is the best source there is for spoilers... Gene has never posted a false one to my recollection. Understandable since gene is a mod at a Chinese site that does the Claymore scans there, so gene has likely seen it. If memory serves though gene mostly works the translations... but don't quote me there I'm rather out of it atm.

That said only her legs where described as praying mantis like, which i don't get since they have very tiny legs but I'd guess they'd have to be since she was described as having tons of legs. There main features are there head and arms but the arms where described as angel wings... which isn't praying mantis like and seems to clash with the many legs idea. So I'm just clueless of what she really looks like. there was no description beyond her arms and legs... so we don't even know if her face is human like or what, let alone the body.

As to Cassandra your right... it seems an over kill of "shit talk" having it two chapters in a row and very crude of a once held back woman. I guess awakening really released her inhibitions
__________________

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-30 at 16:32.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:21   Link #36
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
That said only her legs where described as praying mantis like, which i don't get since they have very tiny legs but I'd guess they'd have to be since she was described as having tons of legs. There main features are there head and arms but the arms where described as angel wings... which isn't praying mantis like and seems to clash with the many legs idea. So I'm just clueless of what she really looks like. there was no description beyond her arms and legs... so we don't even know if her face is human like or what, let alone the body.
I think that Hysteria's legs will look like a praying mantis's arms.

Something almost like this pic that limao drew about Miria a long time ago (back in September)

Spoiler for Picture size:

Or her face might look like this pic about Hysteria (also by Limao)
Spoiler for Picture size:

At least, that is how I understand it.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:41   Link #37
Weird D
Just existing...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Maybe we should have a poll

Spoiler for joke poll:
Amendment :
Spoiler for joke poll:
Weird D is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:46   Link #38
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Amendment of an amendment :


Spoiler for joke poll:
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:47   Link #39
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I actually thought Cassandra's form was very fitting. She was regarded as weird by her fellow claymores and Roxanne deemed her technique unorthodox and dirty. Now we have a form that is utterly reflective of her life and technique; strange, unorthodox, and coasting the ground. In truth, I think Cassandra's form is one of the more symbolic forms alongside Isley's twisted knight form and Jean's butterlfy form.

edit: It also gave a Gantz feeling to it.
And Priscilla with her Fallen Angel form and Rigardo being King of the Jungle

All the Awakened forms really are somehow symoblic of the characters, their traits, personality, techniques etc...

Hysteria though, with her praying mantis kind of thing...kind of strange - I pictured something overwhelming beautiful, dangerous and elegant; swan-like actually. A praying mantis though....what on earth is elegent, beautiful and dangerous about that weird-looking insect?

At least Swans and Praying Mantis' have something in common - They can fly. Perhaps not true flight like Priscilla since that is an extremely power/practical ability seemingly reserved for only the very very strongest...but, to some degree (perhaps like Anastasia), Hysteria I definitely believe will have at least some limited form of flight.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-11-30, 16:47   Link #40
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Riful, Isley, and Luciela were exceptional claymores, while Cassandra was in many ways taboo and a twisted individual.
Isley definitely had the coolest AB form out of all three, with Riful at a close second of course.

As for Cassandra, it was said that her technique was ugly and pathetic so her awakened form sort of does fit her if you consider the Dust eater technique.


Quote:
Perhaps not true flight like Priscilla since that is an extremely power/practical ability seemingly reserved for only the very very strongest
Not to sound rude but that comment seems a little bias.

But then if that is true, Teresa would have had wings too . And probably more Angelic wings.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.