AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 14:54   Link #121
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

The one thing i really dislike is that roxanne could become a number one by merly being a copy cat. hell she was as weak as a #35 at first. Even if her technique is perfect it is of no use as long as base strength and speed aren't up to the task.

Hysterias awakened form is strange. But the highlight is IMO the fight between cassandra and roxanne.
I wouldn't complain to much. Hysteria's awakened form might be looking stupid at the moment but we have to give yagi the oportunity to defend himself by actually letting her fight in this form.
Deneve and helen laughing now but i think laughing will be over soon.
Old 2011-12-01, 14:55   Link #122
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I totally forgot there was someone like her. Tabitha is a random character to me so how do I call Nike? Random random?
Well Nike was a Greek god name(Goddess of Victory) if I remember that or I thought it was suppose to be Nickey.

edit: I do not think there is any denying that Priscilla will probably slap these guys around unless there is a some fusion scene between all 3 ("by our powers combined, GO Captain Roxssandria!")
Old 2011-12-01, 15:08   Link #123
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Well Nike was a Greek god name(Goddess of Victory) if I remember that or I thought it was suppose to be Nickey.

edit: I do not think there is any denying that Priscilla will probably slap these guys around unless there is a some fusion scene between all 3 ("by our powers combined, GO Captain Roxssandria!")
I think you ruined Yagi's next plot
Old 2011-12-01, 15:08   Link #124
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Good one Nixl . In fact that's the best thing I've read in this thread. And Roxanne + Hysteria could fit with each other and they could ride Cassandra.

It looks like Hysteria isn't faster than when she was a Claymore, otherwise Miria should already be dead before she would even had the time to go over her limit again. Which reminds me, she seems to have unlimited number of half-awakenings. For all we know she half-awakened only once and now she exceed the number of HA of Deneve in one day, WTF?

I think I'm switching to this manga:

Old 2011-12-01, 15:10   Link #125
Ryus
The One Eyed King

We now have an offical option c for my earlier poll...

Poll worst AB design
A) Dauf having cat arms with breasts
B) Cassandra the Dust Eaters clash of gaint body with small body/head, then with Massive head tenticles
C) Hysteria the Elegant looking like an antropormorphic freak with totum head, eagle wings, alien body, and insect legs

My sympathies to all Hysteria fans... Cassandra fans too though I dont think Dauf had any fans and no sympathies if there where any

PS At least Roxanne looks very cool
Old 2011-12-01, 15:12   Link #126
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Good one Nixl . In fact that's the best thing I've read in this thread. And Roxanne + Hysteria could fit with each other and they could ride Cassandra.

It looks like Hysteria isn't faster than when she was a Claymore, otherwise Miria should already be dead before she would even had the time to go over her limit again. Which reminds me, she seems to have unlimited number of half-awakenings. For all we know she half-awakened only once and now she exceed the number of HA of Deneve in one day, WTF?

I think I'm switching to this manga:

I don't think she is trying to kill Miria. She might be trying to make her awaken.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:15   Link #127
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

I know but that is a bit convenient. That way we have another rescue at the last second, it would be nice if for once they would be late 1 second.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:18   Link #128
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I don't think she is trying to kill Miria. She might be trying to make her awaken.
Why? Does she want a battle sister with similar powers to bitch with for the rest of eternity or something? (Like to the crazy level Cassandra and Roxanne seem to be obsessed with each other) Or just planning to strike at her the moment she's awakening and cant move?

I didnt read any posts so I didnt see if there was a summary of the chapter yet... sorry
Old 2011-12-01, 15:22   Link #129
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Hysteria looks like someone who would want to belittle Miria first and repay her by making her awaken. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me, otherwise power-levels are really f**ked up. It amazes me how much she has to say before actually doing sth to Miria. Instead she's giving her time to prepare. Anyway, it's bad either way since we've had repetition of strike for a strike just like when they were fighting as Claymores. Hysteria escaping/jumping suggests that either Hysteria was trying to push Miria's buttons and make her release her youki further or she really is only as good as Miria.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:28   Link #130
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Why? Does she want a battle sister with similar powers to bitch with for the rest of eternity or something? (Like to the crazy level Cassandra and Roxanne seem to be obsessed with each other) Or just planning to strike at her the moment she's awakening and cant move?

I didnt read any posts so I didnt see if there was a summary of the chapter yet... sorry
I think she wants to see her full potentials since awakening shows all the latent and full potentials of warriors.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:31   Link #131
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
or she really is only as good as Miria.
Miria herself admitted that Hysteria is faster than her and she had to trick her in order to kill her.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:32   Link #132
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I honestly have really nothing to say about this chapter....the spoiler didn't really give me anything to look forward too, except the Ghosts return and how the Awakened forms looked like -- briefly, I got excited because we saw Raki and the trainees - as well as the shrimp twins, which made me think they could actually die, but apparently that didn't happen.

No nobody seems to have died....I wish I could get translations because so many people are so near-death, it feels hard to tell - but no, nobody seems to have died which everyone seems to be waiting on.

Anyway, at first I was pretty confused -- I couldn't tell which AB was which - the first one (Roxanne) I thought was Hysteria at first because all the hair-like blades along it's arms seemed pretty/elegant, but apparently it's Roxanne...

How this form symbolizes her character/mimicry, I'm not sure...for Roxanne, I wasn't really sure what to expect to be honest, but I don't think it would have been a shot in the dark to expect something akin to Isley and his arm-morphing (multiple weaponry/techniques, copying techniques etc)....this though, with all that armor, honestly makes me think of Priscilla in the Anime, when she had her second power-up....and all the tentacles really just make me think of Riful.

It's cool alright, but doesn't feel all that original or unique enough for Roxanne *shrug. It just feels like a combination of Riful and that AB that Ophelia killed.

Hysteria's form is beyond ridiculous -- I expected something serene and beautiful to match her elegence and clearly Yagi wanted to go the creepy route...I can get how some animals like insects or spiders can be seen as elegant in their own fashion, but this....this just feels too far-fetched --

Her upper-body for crying out loud looks like someone took half of the Teresa/Claire angelic statue, and stuck Alicia's awakened head on it....reallly, I thought something look strangely familiar, but I figured it out: Hysteria's head is Alicia's head! but with eyes instead of closed/glowing eyes.... It feels silly...

I mean, I'll probably grow to accept/love in it time, but for a No.1...for someone of Hysteria's power, and her obsession with elegance....I honestly expected better.

The rest of the chapter, I couldn't say much....it's this where I expect translations will help to further make/break this chapter for me, but in all honesty, I found it lackluster in my opinion -- really, again, the only thing noteworthy is the Ghosts appearance in the end, and they all individually look like copy/pasted from other chapters with some minor differences (I mean their posture, Helen's smile...they look almost identical to how they were in previous chapters that it looks copy/pasted)....and I can't help but find it hollow considering what's going on...because really, what could they do to help here?

Do they honestly think they can win? Against 3 Abyssal Ones? all at once? the best move really is too just regroup and escape, because fighting is suicidal...really, it just feels, whatever happens next, is just going to be messy (well, messier) but not in a good way.

-

Roflmao, don't you dare Yononaka - I don't know what I'll do if Renee is seriously alive, or Yagi goes the route of bringing people back to life...I swear, all death/darkness/seriousness/etc will disappear if fancy-wordplay/behind-the-scenes stuff starts to bring characters back.

--

Thanks for the hilarious chinese comments Tom Bombadil I especially love how one person said the dead should stay dead, because I've been saying that for years myself

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-01 at 15:57.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:37   Link #133
Nixl

Next Episode.

Dust!
Love!
Hate!
Elegance!
Youki!

GO ZAO!

By your powers combined I am Captain Roxssandria!

Captain Roxssandria, she's our hero,
Gonna take Priscilla down near zero,
She's our ZAOs powers magnified,
And she's fighting on the plot's side

Captain Roxssandria, she's our hero,
Gonna take Priscilla down near zero,
Gonna help Claire put Priscilla under,
Bad guys who like to Awaken and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Roxssandria!"

(chanting)
We're the Ghosts,
You can be one too!
'Cause saving Claire is the thing to do,
Awakening and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captain Roxssandria has to say:

"THE YOUKI IS YOURS!!"

edit: Okay...I did better with the F/SN poem.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:39   Link #134
little_angel
Watching From Above

I think Yagi will bring Renee back so she can die for sure! My guess is that she frees Priss and she gets killed as a result.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:44   Link #135
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
I think Yagi will bring Renee back so she can die for sure! My guess is that she frees Priss and she gets killed as a result.
Because seemingly getting killed by Riful wasn't enough >___<

--

In my opinion, this is how Roxanne's awakened form should have looked like:

Spoiler for "do you wish for the excitement of chaos?":

, those two would get along juuuuuust fine.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:44   Link #136
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

rotflmao Nixl, you're on a roll .
Old 2011-12-01, 15:50   Link #137
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Because seemingly getting killed by Riful wasn't enough >___<

I think she has her expectations by whom she gets killed
Old 2011-12-01, 15:58   Link #138
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Old 2011-12-01, 16:09   Link #139
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post

The sad part is; these two baby-head spider things STILL look cooler then Hysteria does
Old 2011-12-01, 16:16   Link #140
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Yagi should take a break to collect some good ideas like miura does it from time to time. The longer the manga goes the more difficult it becomes to do it the right way.
Perhaps an easy way to beat hysteria would simply be to give her a mirror. If she sees how ugly she became she will finish what miria started with the claymore in her throat.