AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-01, 16:41   Link #721
Brimstone
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lock-Down
Age: 26
@SilverSyko


We seem to be going back and forth with this 'argument' so I propose that we just drop it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Kamijou Touma has no goal as his character is supposed to be Mr. Perfect (he is like Shanks from OP, Kakashi and 4th Hokage from Naruto, etc... an ideal hero whom are other characters look up to... just that this time he is the main character) so don't even compare him to usual main characters as he is not supposed to be like them.
However, the other two protagonists, Accelerator and Hamazura, have goals and a lot character development and practically have to face the impossible to make their goals come true.
Ehh? Calling him 'perfect' is kinda misleading and just waiting to be flamed

He's what the Author envisions as the [Ideal Hero], though it doesn't mean he's flawless in all other aspects. His character development is more like character exploration putting himself in different situations out of his comfort zone but you're right in the sense that he's a 'mature protagonists' in that he isn't confused in who he wants to be and already has a strong set of beliefs.

Last edited by Brimstone; 2011-12-01 at 17:04.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:32   Link #722
julioalqae
the pragma
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bandoeng
Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
@SilverSyko


We seem to be going back and forth with this 'argument' so I propose that we just drop it



yeah..i agree ...just drop this pointless argument because we are getting nowhere...
__________________
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:11   Link #723
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Alright well, since this is starting to go nowhere I'll just comment on a few final things before I disappear from this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I myself LOVE Fantasy and fictional worlds and I myself have created my own fictional world and many stories in it. But I find the work that Kamachi did here very beautiful and can't but be pissed off by your attitude. In some ways, fictional worlds make the job easier than using our world.
Perhaps it does make things easier in ways, but because it's an original world that doesn't work like our own, it's easier for the readers to accept something like an asspull if one is used. Not to mention there can be a writer that can create an original world and avoid using those kind things as well.


Quote:
i don't think we can change your mind, make argument comparison between ONE PIECE and index will be no good. well i guess you just try telling us HOW much you like One piece in index manga thread, somehow it make me pissed off.....
What I'm trying to do here isn't show that One Piece is better than Index, rather I'm trying to explain just what parts of Index I was not satisfied with based on my initial expectations. Nothing is perfect after all. One Piece isn't perfect either; for example at times I find the humor in the series a little too childish and/or crude for my tastes.


Quote:
Index's author has put a lot of work on his novels, but you won't find it if you're looking in the wrong place.
I guess I won't. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that's it's unfair to judge Index by an adaptation now.


Quote:
It's now obvious to me that Index is definitely not your thing, from what you say I think you're looking for something like Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, which IMO is highly overrated, but you'll probably love it (if you haven't seen it yet.)
Oh I don't know about that. I probably won't have even considered trying Index in the first place if it wasn't my thing.

And yes I enjoyed Gurren Lagann. There was some stupid moments, weird logic here and there and was somewhat short, but otherwise it was a really fun series.


Quote:
If by any chance, you're willing to step a bit out of your comfort zone, I'd recommend Baccano for you. It's a very interesting story from the adventure genre. The "downside" is that it's a Seinen on a reality based world, so it might be too unoriginal from your point of view. But for sure, drop Index, you would just be wasting your time since you won't be able to appreciate it.
Eh...while I appreciate the recommendation, if I wanted to read a series about alchemists I'd very much prefer trying Full Metal Alchemist considering it's a manga.

And having a series set in reality isn't a bad thing, that's not the impression I was trying to give here. I was merely commenting that an original world is more imaginative than a story built around the real world. I don't have a "comfort zone" when it comes to manga/anime series.

And no I'm not "dropping" Index. I only drop series that downright disgust me, and Index isn't like that. I won't read the manga anymore but I'll put the series on hiatus for now until if I ever feel like reading the light novels.



So for those who are misunderstanding, I do not hate Index. I just had expectations for it coming into the series and did not get what I was looking for. Index is good for what it is.
__________________

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-12-01 at 23:41.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 02:08   Link #724
julioalqae
the pragma
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bandoeng
Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
^ argument accepted....what can you say?? Index is a underrated series after all. Not everyone can accept it, and some people in out there hate it...., i know index doesn't fulfill all "shounen" requirement...and i always say that index doesn't fit with your taste after all.
__________________
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:38   Link #725
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Eh...while I appreciate the recommendation, if I wanted to read a series about alchemists I'd very much prefer trying Full Metal Alchemist considering it's a manga.
eh...you should learn to try to read something and appreciate it for what it is, rather than categorize everything to cater to your expectations. The only thing Baccano and FMA have in common is that they both focus on alchemists. Alchemists which by the way, have pretty much nothing in common as alchemy in Baccano is based on real world alchemy, while in FMA is basically magic....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 11:53   Link #726
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Since the chapter 52 came out (but not for download): http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-1964.html
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 17:39   Link #727
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Give it three to four months and it should be done with this arc.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 17:56   Link #728
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Since the anime Daihensai was a big shit, I hope the manga is at least decent.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 10:55   Link #729
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Volume 9 is now in amazon, pretty cover: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...-22/ref=nosim/
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:24   Link #730
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:29   Link #731
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:24   Link #732
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
some images from chapter 53



If they disappear:http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2022.html

Last edited by Acer; 2012-02-04 at 14:16.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:37   Link #733
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Although this isn't new to most of us, it does add some flavor when kamachi approves of something for the manga in which we ain't shown in the light novel and anime
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:47   Link #734
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
Although this isn't new to most of us, it does add some flavor when kamachi approves of something for the manga in which we ain't shown in the light novel and anime
What are you referring to?
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:29   Link #735
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
What are you referring to?
Right, i might want to state what i'm talking about right =]

There is a few parts in the Index manga, like the flash back on when Index got the books jammed into her head in the chpt 4, Misaka point of view of what she 'Thought' looked like from her( which you dont see in the railgun manga),
There was a part where he dreams of the future in Vol 2 chapter 1 before he loses his memories. And the skipping of Deep blood arc and angel fall
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:45   Link #736
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
The Skipping of Deep Blood and Angel Fall isn't a story direction choice; They explained at that time it wasn't certain whether the Index Manga would continue so they've decided to jump straight to the most immediately important points (aka the Sisters Arc since they've already introduced Mikoto). But afterward when the Manga is confirmed to continue, the Author kinda forgotten about them and just carried on.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:58   Link #737
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
But will the next arc will be skipped or go soon to Daihensai? I think the logic qe says yes, but it is high time that the Accelerator does not appear in the manga and has a large stake of up to Mikoto that can attract audiences of railgun in the sale of this volume.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:05   Link #738
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Like I've said, the reason for the skips was because of it's uncertain continuation at that time, but now the Raildex series has become popular and successful, there's no reason that should be an issue anymore.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:09   Link #739
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like I've said, the reason for the skips was because of it's uncertain continuation at that time, but now the Raildex series has become popular and successful, there's no reason that should be an issue anymore.
I didn't know the reason for the story arc skipping but i knew that the angel fall arc still happened when you see a picture of Index in a swim suite and in a rubber tube on his phone.

So.... the Index manga is continuing now, because of the success of the railgun manga?
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:25   Link #740
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
I think not, the index goes Shonen Gangan, she does not have many popular titles, but the manga has sold index until a good number of copies, the last volume of the manga has sold nearly 200k, a phenomenon that did not, but it is a respectable number.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.