AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-03, 14:09   Link #6221
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
As expected from Wakaki-sensei. He never disappoints.
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:55   Link #6222
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One theory is that there's an upper level among the inhabitants of Heaven, with Greek named ones of a "Old" generation and the Roman named ones of a "New" generation. Something like Old/New Hell.
I guess that's possible - I just hope Keima won't have to conquer an entirely new pantheons though. Btw, happy birthday to my most favorite, currently heartbroken TWGOK girl Chihiro Kosaka (December 3rd).
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 15:27   Link #6223
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
And is it my imagination or does Chihiro doesn't seem to as broken up and a wreck as she should be.

Almost as if she feels something is not right... Meh.... I'm probably overthinking things.
I was wondering about that too but... it probably is over thinking it, she could just be hiding it better then Ayumi.

I hope that the 'Lets go' means that Shiro will be coming along. Up until now Shiroi as been only interacting with Keima as a 'heroine' but now she should be moving into the 'buddy' role, at least temporarily.

This should be pretty interesting, especially since we don't have too many people in the 'buddy' role with Keima, just Elsie, Haqua and Ryou I think.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:01   Link #6224
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, happy birthday to my most favorite, currently heartbroken TWGOK girl Chihiro Kosaka (December 3rd).
Happy birthday my lovely Chihiro-chan!!! :3
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:43   Link #6225
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
This recent new chapter was amazing; foreshadowing comes from even the very start of the chapter. You rock, Wakaki.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 23:20   Link #6226
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
delayed happy birthday for Chihiro

It's truly a good chapter from the depressed god to detective god But I wonder if all the goddess was captured and returned will it end the series? because the secrets are being spilled one by one.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 00:04   Link #6227
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
This does certainly seem like things are coming to a head and are likely to conclude relatively soon. Probably a few surprise twists and sudden crises to go before the climactic "battle", but it looks like a home stretch. This may be for the best, depending on Wakaki's plans. I feel a good story should have a conclusion in mind; otherwise it starts to either grow old or break down completely. If Wakaki has more arcs in his story that's great too of course.

I must say though that Keima's behavior with Chihiro is a little annoying. Even Elsea would be able to figure out that leaving things like that with Chihiro is likely to wreck the chances with Ayumi. Not to mention Chihiro's setting up to be a good candidate for the true final love interest, especially with her not only being the one conquest he didn't try to conquer but actually having fallen for him even before then. Frankly, he botched things up royally, to a point I suspect it may actually take the truth to pull through. My prediction is that Vintage will make a move and thus force Keima to spill what's really going on, or spill it for him.

As for Chihiro's behavior, it's not surprising to me that she immediately put on a happy face when she saw Elsea; and she seemed to sort of take on that happy demeanor when she saw her, like it's an act perhaps. She's just the sort of girl who buries her pains and pretends everything's ok. But Keima definitely hurt her a lot, literally ripped a gaping hole in her heart. Of course, girls with holes in their hearts have been a common subject.

I have some suspicions about Chihiro's future part in the story. Since she's not a goddess host, I suspect that she'll be repossessed with this new emptiness. And just like there are heavenly beings of immense power like the goddesses, there were probably some leaders in Old Hell that were similarly fearsome. A full heartbreak would be a great and massive source of negative emotion, and it wouldn't be hard to imagine Vintage deliberately forcing such a powerful being into her, which could make her one of the biggest conquests of all. It'd be kind of fitting for Keima to finally have to face and "conquer" someone whose possession he had personally caused.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 02:48   Link #6228
WhiteWings
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, California
Welll it seemed like Chihiro was acting as if the whole experience too be rather too bizarre and surreal to take it all in. Don't think she was hiding that much. I mean she was acting a bit uncomfortably but compared to Mayumi Chihiro's reaction seem to be 'what-the-heck-just-happened?'

Just imagine you were swimming in a nice cove with crystal clear water with the surface visible less than 20 feet below. You are floating face down relaxing and enjoying the view underwater with fish swimming all around you... and without warning part of the ocean floor opens up to reveal a giant eye staring back at you for a brief moment before closing back leaving no trace that all that happened.

How would you react? Are you sure it really happened? Were you imagining it? It was so unexpected and out of the ordinary one might be more confused than scared...
__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anybody driving faster is a maniac?" George Carlin
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:31   Link #6229
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
This does certainly seem like things are coming to a head and are likely to conclude relatively soon. Probably a few surprise twists and sudden crises to go before the climactic "battle", but it looks like a home stretch. This may be for the best, depending on Wakaki's plans. I feel a good story should have a conclusion in mind; otherwise it starts to either grow old or break down completely. If Wakaki has more arcs in his story that's great too of course.

I must say though that Keima's behavior with Chihiro is a little annoying. Even Elsea would be able to figure out that leaving things like that with Chihiro is likely to wreck the chances with Ayumi. Not to mention Chihiro's setting up to be a good candidate for the true final love interest, especially with her not only being the one conquest he didn't try to conquer but actually having fallen for him even before then. Frankly, he botched things up royally, to a point I suspect it may actually take the truth to pull through. My prediction is that Vintage will make a move and thus force Keima to spill what's really going on, or spill it for him.

As for Chihiro's behavior, it's not surprising to me that she immediately put on a happy face when she saw Elsea; and she seemed to sort of take on that happy demeanor when she saw her, like it's an act perhaps. She's just the sort of girl who buries her pains and pretends everything's ok. But Keima definitely hurt her a lot, literally ripped a gaping hole in her heart. Of course, girls with holes in their hearts have been a common subject.

I have some suspicions about Chihiro's future part in the story. Since she's not a goddess host, I suspect that she'll be repossessed with this new emptiness. And just like there are heavenly beings of immense power like the goddesses, there were probably some leaders in Old Hell that were similarly fearsome. A full heartbreak would be a great and massive source of negative emotion, and it wouldn't be hard to imagine Vintage deliberately forcing such a powerful being into her, which could make her one of the biggest conquests of all. It'd be kind of fitting for Keima to finally have to face and "conquer" someone whose possession he had personally caused.
I totally agree with you.
Chihiro's apparent calmness is a very bad sign, imho, about her real emotional condition. She is trying to suppress what she feels. She is acting as if nothing was happened. Maybe she is in denial. Anyway, her attitude probably will bring her "gap" to become always greater, without Keima can notice it.

Actually, it seems that when Keima broke up Chihiro's heart, he didn't consider the possibility for her gap to be reopened. Probably he is so focused on the goddesses' hunt that he forgot Haqua's words about that matter.

If Chihiro's gap will really open again, you are right, Keima should conquer someone whose possession he had personally caused for the first time...or, maybe for the second time?

We know that Chihiro was interested in Keima before her conquest.
During her arc, after her quarrel with Keima, we saw that Elsie's sensor reacted to her.
Maybe, was her quarrel with him the real reason for her gap?

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2011-12-04 at 06:02.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 05:09   Link #6230
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Actually I was thinking that the goddess of harvest being used as reference could mean that Keima is the chosen one to "harvest love" to empower the gods and help them defeat the devils and take over the world.

If that is so then Wakaki must have been playing too much Shin Megami Tensei when he came up with the idea for this manga, and Keima is destinied to become like the protagonist from the very first game.

No Shiori, he won't be harvesting love from ALL the students! Only the female ones!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 05:58   Link #6231
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually I was thinking that the goddess of harvest being used as reference could mean that Keima is the chosen one to "harvest love" to empower the gods and help them defeat the devils and take over the world.
This makes really sense.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 11:47   Link #6232
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
There's more than just the Demeter thing and the Majima emblem. Observe.


Spoiler for ch24:

The dialogue here is quoted again in the current chapter.


Spoiler for ch169:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:31   Link #6233
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Bakuman style! U have to read the entire thing again to find alot of foreshadowing = // /
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 17:19   Link #6234
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's more than just the Demeter thing and the Majima emblem. Observe.
That's rather funny. He's having a flashback to remember something he told Haqua, normally when a character has a flashback like that it's to remember something which somebody has told him. Not to mention how the flashback looks so much more ominous then how it actually was in chapter 24.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 18:06   Link #6235
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That's rather funny. He's having a flashback to remember something he told Haqua, normally when a character has a flashback like that it's to remember something which somebody has told him. Not to mention how the flashback looks so much more ominous then how it actually was in chapter 24.
Selective memory? It is only natural for people to remember what they want and how they like it.

And goddesses too. Whatever Minerva has been telling Shiori (especially about the Roman Empire and their emperors) is most likely to be from her own perspective.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 18:07   Link #6236
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That's rather funny. He's having a flashback to remember something he told Haqua, normally when a character has a flashback like that it's to remember something which somebody has told him. Not to mention how the flashback looks so much more ominous then how it actually was in chapter 24.
At that time, Keima told Haqua that theater's story distractly, and to him sounded just like a rumor, maybe he had also forgot it...now he simply got an epiphany about it. That story suddenly got a completely new meaning in his mind.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 09:28   Link #6237
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
After reading this chapter again, I have a feeling that the theater is a trap, Nora has been captured, and Ryou turns face-heel on them with a "I have been waiting for you, Keima." and Shiori/Minerva mistakes that Ryou has been having a clandestine love relationship with Keima.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 09:48   Link #6238
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
After reading this chapter again, I have a feeling that the theater is a trap, Nora has been captured, and Ryou turns face-heel on them with a "I have been waiting for you, Keima." and Shiori/Minerva mistakes that Ryou has been having a clandestine love relationship with Keima.
You know, you say you don't want yaoi but it seems like you are the one who wants Keima to become someone's butt buddy the most.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 09:53   Link #6239
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know, you say you don't want yaoi but it seems like you are the one who wants Keima to become someone's butt buddy the most.
He wants it but is in denial.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 09:58   Link #6240
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
What the hell is a butt bud- oooooooooooohhhhh.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.