AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-04, 03:42   Link #81
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
this is another common question on franchise series lol so i ask anyone do i have to watch the first series to enjoy this new series?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:50   Link #82
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
this is another common question on franchise series lol so i ask anyone do i have to watch the first series to enjoy this new series?
At this point, who knows?

But even on that trailer, there is reference to older series.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:55   Link #83
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I don't even know what to think about this series. The original had an interesting premise but wasted half of the run in filler episodes that did very little to advance the plot or give a decent characterization to the characters. Then the ending made little or no sense...
I'll probably give a look at the premiere, but if it's anything like the original (including the "shuffling" of the pilots that did more harm than good IMO), I'll gladly skip the rest.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:49   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
this is another common question on franchise series lol so i ask anyone do i have to watch the first series to enjoy this new series?
You'll be fine, after all it is set 12,000 years after the first series (for good reason), sure you'll miss out on a few things but that was the same case for people new to Macross with Frontier... and I'm sure the most important stuff will be covered in the series itself anyway.

Besides Aquarion wasn't exactly a big hit back in the day and it has nearly been 7 years, making a sequel appealing to people who only watched the first series would be commercial suicide. First off a lot of people didn't like the first series, secondly a lot of new fans have come onto the scene since, 8 year old kids back than are now 15 year olds...

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-12-04 at 06:33.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:02   Link #85
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
awesome trailer, nice op song, great list of seiyuu (even though that red hair is not takuma terashima anymore..), and 2 cour! this is definitely on my watchlist for this winter.

and I'm in love with Aquaria design..
__________________
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 09:24   Link #86
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I can totally see an SRW with a midgame time skip of 12000 years, tying the stories of Aquarion and EVOL, along with Gunbuster and Diebuster. You know Terada said hes been trying to get Diebuster in, along with every single Gainax mecha in one SRW, this is the chance.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:55   Link #87
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I don't even know what to think about this series. The original had an interesting premise but wasted half of the run in filler episodes that did very little to advance the plot or give a decent characterization to the characters. Then the ending made little or no sense...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You'll be fine, after all it is set 12,000 years after the first series (for good reason), sure you'll miss out on a few things but that was the same case for people new to Macross with Frontier... and I'm sure the most important stuff will be covered in the series itself anyway.
Read many people comment about how bad its story (and ending) was. I haven't watched the series yet but I've watched the 2 OVAs. How do you guys think the OVA compared to the tv series?

How much they changed things on OVA? I only know that the basic premise was the same with Apollonius fought his fellow angel who collect prana/life energy from human because he's fallen in love with human girl named Celliane
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:27   Link #88
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Read many people comment about how bad its story (and ending) was. I haven't watched the series yet but I've watched the 2 OVAs. How do you guys think the OVA compared to the tv series?

How much they changed things on OVA? I only know that the basic premise was the same with Apollonius fought his fellow angel who collect prana/life energy from human because he's fallen in love with human girl named Celliane
The OVA got rid of the third-most important character: Silvia's brother. Other than that, I think that they cover pretty much the same story points. Think of it as SDF Macross versus Do You Remember Love.

Given Kawamori's casual relationship with canonicity, you probably won't have to watch the TV show to watch to watch EVOL. Then again, it's probably going to be unnecessary to have watched any Aquarion before watching EVOL.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:32   Link #89
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006


OMG love this trailer which is the latest one was release on website <3


ever wonder whats it like in those four-leg-fat-buttbug-looking-robot cockpit looks like inside?





taken from 【PV】アクエリオンEVOL TRAILER if you guys was wondering

well i am MORE hyped up for EVOL then ever! EVOL is like that uber candy u just gota have and wish it LAST FOREVER! XD
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 09:39   Link #90
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Since no one post it yet, EVOL will get manga adaptation too...

Quote:
The February issue of Media Factory's Monthly Comic Gene magazine will begin serializing a manga adaptation of Satelight's Aquarion Evol television anime on January 14. The manga artist Aogiri will draw the mecha series based on Shoji Kawamori and Satelight's original story.

Aquarion Evol will take place 12,000 years after the first Aquarion television series at a city modeled after Hong Kong. A new cast of characters, piloting a new Aquarion robot, will fight enemies from another dimension. Kawamori has hinted that the characters might be reincarnations of Apollo, Silvia, and the other characters from the first series.

Plans for the television anime, the newest title in director Kawamori and Satelight's Aquarion robot anime franchise, were revealed in February. The Aquarion Evol anime series will premiere with a one-hour special in Japan on January 8, 2012.

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-manga-series

And アクエリオンEVOL×リアル出逢いゲーム CM with liiitle bit new scenes


Damn it, dat song! Has the song already selectable on a karaoke system on Japan? I hope someone will upload it XD
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 10:37   Link #91
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Huh, from that little art picture there and the way the majority of the promotional material keeps emphasizing AmataxMikono (exactly how I want it ), it may not be a love triangle after all.
Though at the same time it's Kawamori directing, but then again the first Aquarion didn't have a Love triangle. (though the OVA did)

I just hope the leadership of the good guys doesn't go overboard with their "No love/No inter-combining" thing on Amata and Mikono, like forbidding them from being in the same building or something. Which unfortunatley doesn't look like it's as unlikely as it sounds, seeing as how the trailer shows the guys and girls are segregated, with the former in a military training camp and the latter in a church. >.>

I WANT MY ROMANCE, AND I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO WAIT 18 EPISODES FOR IT TO START HAPPENING!!!

And good GOD, that new song is so frakking addicting.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2011-12-24 at 10:47.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 11:06   Link #92
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The song is worth waiting for. Album album album!
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 02:07   Link #93
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Huh, from that little art picture there and the way the majority of the promotional material keeps emphasizing AmataxMikono (exactly how I want it ), it may not be a love triangle after all.
Though at the same time it's Kawamori directing, but then again the first Aquarion didn't have a Love triangle. (though the OVA did)I WANT MY ROMANCE, AND I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO WAIT 18 EPISODES FOR IT TO START HAPPENING!!!
Yeah, they mostly emphasize Amata x Mikono pair.
I know it's early assumption, but I'm thinking that Amata and Mikono was the reincarnation of Apollonius/Apollo and Ceillane/Silvia respectively, they don't realize it yet, and they are some sort of childhood friend. They had to separate but they promise to meet again someday, thus Mikono said "I will keep waiting for you, even it's for 12000 years". Assuming that was Mikono's talking to Amata

It felt like Rahxephon manga (I never watched the anime) when Itsuki said something about the wing-shaped scar on her back to Haruka, the exact words Ayato said to Reika indicating they are Ayato and Reika's reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And good GOD, that new song is so frakking addicting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The song is worth waiting for. Album album album!
Tell me about it. I watched the trailer almost every day just to listen to the song
And I also searched for some AKINO live performance on YT...

My favorites are these...
Genesis of Aquarion & Sousei no Aquarion


1:35 onward when they sang Mazinger Z theme



And I didn't know they've also sung some Disney songs
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 02:11   Link #94
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i hope the original Aquarion also makes a cameo appearence, with improved CGI that is.....
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 06:42   Link #95
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
If the old Aquarion shows up. I wish it to be trashed by the new one or be overwhelm by the new one. Because it's hell lots of years! century! already after that model. They should improve
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 08:27   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If the old Aquarion shows up. I wish it to be trashed by the new one or be overwhelm by the new one. Because it's hell lots of years! century! already after that model. They should improve
Aquarion's actual age is 100 million 2000 years old and it still remains as godly as ever. I don't think a new Aquarion of 12000 years max could match the godliness so easily lol

And the new Aquarion needs to have Mugen Punch.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 10:14   Link #97
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Actually, I won't be surprised if Silvia and or Apollo was reincarnated into two people

It's not the first time it happened
__________________

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 13:20   Link #98
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I know it's early assumption, but I'm thinking that Amata and Mikono was the reincarnation of Apollonius/Apollo and Ceillane/Silvia respectively, they don't realize it yet, and they are some sort of childhood friend. They had to separate but they promise to meet again someday, thus Mikono said "I will keep waiting for you, even it's for 12000 years". Assuming that was Mikono's talking to Amata

It felt like Rahxephon manga (I never watched the anime) when Itsuki said something about the wing-shaped scar on her back to Haruka, the exact words Ayato said to Reika indicating they are Ayato and Reika's reincarnation
Eh, I seriously doubt it, because then Kawamori is just copying the romance of first series; Amata and Mikono would just be Apollo and Silvia Ver. 2.0.

Besides, it's much more likely that Kagura is Apollo's reincarnation, from his appearance to Apollo's trademark "smeelling," as said in the trailer. (sounds rather...odd when you say it like that ) Plus, Kagura's own character profile on the main website makes hints towards Apollo.

Two weeks to go....


And Merry Christmas!
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 21:34   Link #99
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Eh, I seriously doubt it, because then Kawamori is just copying the romance of first series; Amata and Mikono would just be Apollo and Silvia Ver. 2.0.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that, because that was one of the appeals for me with the original series. It was interesting that two people who 'hated' each other developed feelings for one other through the love of their past lives. It certainly helped that Apollo[especially] and Silvia had somewhat unusual archetypes for main pilots. I can't say that I'm feeling this new couple at all; shy, nice girl and normal guy doesn't sound interesting. I think if they at least had that previous life dynamic of love/hate relationship that Apollo and Silvia had, it'd spice things up a little.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 21:49   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Well the main message in Aquarion is 'love transcends time', its very likely it will always be a love story of Apolonius and Seliane.

The main difference this time is that humans have created mass production Aquarions to fight against another race that's not the Shadow Angels. Who knows in the 100 million 2000 year history of the Shadow Angels and the planet, what kind of enemies there were.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.