AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-01, 22:35   Link #41
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
^ All the more reason why it's better to stay hush when it comes to these topics.

Let's just keep it on the Ben-to and Haganai threads. Oh Sen~ Oh Meat~
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 22:53   Link #42
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'd actually enjoy a mature discussion about sexual fetishes and hangups, particularly going into the why something might turn you on, rather then a "list thread".
I agree, actually. It'd be interesting to see how and why my fetishes (the ones I couldn't bring myself to list) tie into each other. Oh well.
__________________
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 22:58   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
According to M-W dictionary:

Quote:
1
a : an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : prepossession c : an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression

Examples:
He has a fetish for secrecy.
He wore a fetish to ward off evil spirits.
So.... if you *need* it to be aroused then it might be a fetish. I should think that *wanting* it is also sufficient for casual labeling.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:12   Link #44
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Well I guess its no harm sharing this about me.

I seem to have an eye fetish. Especially the type when people have 2 different coloured eyes, I've seen a few in anime, but the best thing is it is completly possible, some type of genetic defect. Wierd I know keh <.<
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:19   Link #45
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Turn ons? Well... if I had to say honestly....


Probably for me it'd have to be the legs. As long as they've got a nice pair of legs (with those legs leading up to a very nice... ), I'm all set~
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:45   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Pony tails without the laces just plain ribbon, dark hair not blonde, straight not curly, preferably the length would be until the shoulder but not necessary.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 00:51   Link #47
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Haha, wow. This kind of topic, eh? Fun stuff.

As for me, let's see. Not just things I find preferable but actually kinks... Oddly enough I don't think I have too many constant ones that get me going. They kind of shift in and out over time. Like I remember for a while, I had a big thing for French girls, then at another Arab girls did it for me.

But I'd say one that's usually constant is that I have a thing for strong, dominant women. Not in a mean-spirited or domineering or truly abusive way mind you, there's a distinction. Hm, how to put it... I dunno, I guess this can sum it up pretty well (Hint: I would be like the guy in the corner, and also echoing Spike's sentiment ) Yeah, that's one of a few generally consistent fetishes for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Diapers is ... pretty weird.

I guess my kink is that I prefer erotica to outright porn. I like it when a woman "surrenders" to her sexuality, and that really needs a lot of context to really work. Porn feels shallow in comparison. It's the mindset where the real sexiness is, the visuals are just window dressing.
I agree with this, if I understand what you're saying. In general, I find that when I care even a little about the characters, or their situations and what have you, it's much more erotic in the end. And what you're saying about surrendering sounds like one such example of a story or situation. But without that "background" I guess you'd call it, or buildup maybe, basic porn does feel much more two-dimensional and shallow. All flashy window dressing but no substance to keep it interesting after a while. Which I know is a weird accusation to make...

...since it's porn.

As for the "why" of my own personal kinks, like I believe you mentioned, I genuinely have no idea why they are what they are

Last edited by Xagzan; 2011-12-02 at 01:01.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 02:21   Link #48
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
This is...unexpected.

;o

Absolute Territory. Zettai Ryouiki.

Bout it.

Don't need it to be aroused though. *shrug*
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 04:46   Link #49
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Neverlands
Age: 37
The only thing I tend to go a little gaga over is women with diamonds for eyes

That shade of blue/green that makes you think you're looking into a crystal ball
I would post a picture but most I see are 'touched up

...kind of explains why I had 2 huskies though
__________________
Nightbat® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 05:47   Link #50
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
The only thing I tend to go a little gaga over is women with diamonds for eyes

That shade of blue/green that makes you think you're looking into a crystal ball
I would post a picture but most I see are 'touched up

...kind of explains why I had 2 huskies though


You have a fetish for diamond-eyed dogs??
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:02   Link #51
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I agree with this, if I understand what you're saying. In general, I find that when I care even a little about the characters, or their situations and what have you, it's much more erotic in the end. And what you're saying about surrendering sounds like one such example of a story or situation. But without that "background" I guess you'd call it, or buildup maybe, basic porn does feel much more two-dimensional and shallow. All flashy window dressing but no substance to keep it interesting after a while. Which I know is a weird accusation to make...

...since it's porn.

As for the "why" of my own personal kinks, like I believe you mentioned, I genuinely have no idea why they are what they are
I think the key to the superiority of Erotica to Porn is related to the role Sex fulfills in the story. In Porn, Sex is the whole thing, whereas in Erotica Sex is the climax of an otherwise longer story. That or it's a dramatic point or mini-climax (if the erotica has multiple instances of sex).

Erotica benefits from the traditional story structure in heightening audience participation in the experience, and hence, arousal. In comparison, Porn is just moving bodies. The sex is ultimately meaningless, whereas the sex in Erotica has greater significance as it has meaning due to the circumstances surrounding it in the story.

So in Erotica, the sex does not simply lead to physical/aesthetic satisfaction, but also dramatic and emotional satisfaction.

It's a bit like the way sex after a nice date, or a long amount of foreplay, is more satisfying then sex alone, say with a prostitute.

You can do a lot fantasizing while aroused, and porn alone kind of squishes that element of the experience, which I find to be the most pleasurable aspect.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:40   Link #52
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think the key to the superiority of Erotica to Porn is related to the role Sex fulfills in the story. In Porn, Sex is the whole thing, whereas in Erotica Sex is the climax of an otherwise longer story. That or it's a dramatic point or mini-climax (if the erotica has multiple instances of sex).

Erotica benefits from the traditional story structure in heightening audience participation in the experience, and hence, arousal. In comparison, Porn is just moving bodies. The sex is ultimately meaningless, whereas the sex in Erotica has greater significance as it has meaning due to the circumstances surrounding it in the story.

So in Erotica, the sex does not simply lead to physical/aesthetic satisfaction, but also dramatic and emotional satisfaction.

It's a bit like the way sex after a nice date, or a long amount of foreplay, is more satisfying then sex alone, say with a prostitute.

You can do a lot fantasizing while aroused, and porn alone kind of squishes that element of the experience, which I find to be the most pleasurable aspect.
Spoken like a true gentleman!

Really, I respect you, good sir. My only experience comes from playing VNs, the various 2ch ero threads and the various internet image boards, but I certainly understand what you are talking about.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:28   Link #53
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trendy Backwater
Age: 28
I like fetish for lingeries. I mean like the few posters described, it's more tasteful looking at women with some clothes and styles than fully nude. Especially I like looking at all these frilly stuff. Beyond that, I can't think of a reason why I'm more attracted to former than the fully nude. On second thought I think I can find a reason.

I also love that goth loli outfit with the long stockings. I guess I have a taste for anything reminding me of old fashion.

I have grown to love Japanese clothes especially yukata. It's just very refined and radiates the gracefulness.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:06   Link #54
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think the key to the superiority of Erotica to Porn is related to the role Sex fulfills in the story. In Porn, Sex is the whole thing, whereas in Erotica Sex is the climax of an otherwise longer story. That or it's a dramatic point or mini-climax (if the erotica has multiple instances of sex).

Erotica benefits from the traditional story structure in heightening audience participation in the experience, and hence, arousal. In comparison, Porn is just moving bodies. The sex is ultimately meaningless, whereas the sex in Erotica has greater significance as it has meaning due to the circumstances surrounding it in the story.

So in Erotica, the sex does not simply lead to physical/aesthetic satisfaction, but also dramatic and emotional satisfaction.

It's a bit like the way sex after a nice date, or a long amount of foreplay, is more satisfying then sex alone, say with a prostitute.

You can do a lot fantasizing while aroused, and porn alone kind of squishes that element of the experience, which I find to be the most pleasurable aspect.
Nice to have a guy (assuming you're male) speak up on what triggers women in regards to erotica and why a good majority abhor porn

As for the 'internet remembering forever', that's to say that Asuki will forever be about or there wouldn't be a server crash or even that we'd not edit/delete or watch what we post
More craziness happening on social network sites than here, but then again, this thread will now appear on google search xD
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:29   Link #55
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Nice to have a guy (assuming you're male) speak up on what triggers women in regards to erotica and why a good majority abhor porn
I will say that I enjoy more "male oriented" erotica then erotica aimed towards women. There are some general differences, for instance male erotica tends to emphasise the visual a bit more, and focuses more on certain themes. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed some female erotica, but I find there's always a certain... something. I think one thing is that women's erotica features certain ... types of male protagonist. Myself I prefer the guy to not be particularly focused on, the woman is the center of the experience, the object of fascination. However it makes sense for women and men to have differing tastes in erotica, women would not have as much interest in the woman as they would in the man.

I have to agree, however, with a good many women that Porn is a bit tasteless. The visual alone isn't very exciting, and often raw naked bodies don't... have much beauty to them. The production values are also shit. There's also the kind of tacit implication that an erotic experience requires blatant sex. I disagree, you can have a perfectly satisfying and sexy scenario without any sex being involved, or even anything as obvious as bondage or domination/submission. It just requires a certain ... sensuousness...

Quote:
As for the 'internet remembering forever', that's to say that Asuki will forever be about or there wouldn't be a server crash or even that we'd not edit/delete or watch what we post
More craziness happening on social network sites than here, but then again, this thread will now appear on google search xD
This is why I say nothing that I wouldn't be prepared to say in public
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:59   Link #56
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I like fetish for lingeries. I mean like the few posters described, it's more tasteful looking at women with some clothes and styles than fully nude. Especially I like looking at all these frilly stuff. Beyond that, I can't think of a reason why I'm more attracted to former than the fully nude.
It's because nudity is plain, while lingerie enhances a body's beauty.
__________________
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:46   Link #57
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Neverlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Invader View Post


You have a fetish for diamond-eyed dogs??
~Fetish~
Psychology . any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

*Thinks*


No,... not for dogs anyway


__________________
Nightbat® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:45   Link #58
Hippo
Careful now.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Diamond eyed dogs would be a pretty unusual one

I'm not sure about it being a 'fetish' as such but I do like men in boiler suits/ flight suits for some reason- mechanics, pilots- whatever, I'm not fussy Sam Rockwell in Moon is a perfect example, especially after he is all roughed up which is another thing I quite like

I like all the usual uniforms too, I'm pretty vanilla I guess.
__________________
This must be where pies go when they die.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 22:34   Link #59
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The fuck?



My fetish is not Minko though. But I like snarky female characters. Unfortunately I'm not a very creative person, so I think I'll stick with butts and long hair like Tsugumi from Guilty Crown.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 22:38   Link #60
weaponX
Designated facepalmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The fuck?



My fetish is not Minko though. But I like snarky female characters. Unfortunately I'm not a very creative person, so I think I'll stick with butts and long hair like Tsugumi from Guilty Crown.
Basically, you like this:

__________________
“Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish,
and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him
drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.