AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 07:48   Link #461
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If the AMF really affected their ability to transform even though they still could use magic, then it obviously is a spell which involves difficulty.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:02   Link #462
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
We have never, and I do mean never, seen any member of the main cast transform without devices outside of Einhart
Yuuno never set up his barrier jacket on screen, but I pointed out to you an occasion when he did something that could not possibly be anything other than doing so.

Also, Adult Mode transformation is so difficult that Vivio and Rio can't do or maintain it without a Device. Of course, both of them were counting on getting a Device to help them, Einhart was not. So Einhart learned how to do it on her own.

Yuuno, who is already capable of so much without a Device (such as setting up field spells that Chrono cannot manage even with S2U, or coming out of a fight with Vita without a scratch despite dividing his attention) managed a much more radical, cross-species transformation, and maintained it so long he'd forgotten he was in it.

Quote:
A: He's just that awesome, or

B: Nanoha and Fate are more reliant on their devices than we initially thought.
I'm thinking it's a combination of both. He IS that awesome, but they could also lose their dependency. At the same time, using a Device is so powerful that developing some dependency is an acceptable cost. Yuuno should get one.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:44   Link #463
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Most people consider that his barrier jacket, but we've never gotten any official confirmation on it. If there is, its in the plethora of materials that never got translated.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:45   Link #464
Skane
Anime Snark

Hell will freeze over before Yuuno gets a device. The way things are, you would think the creators are trying to pretend he doesn't exist any more.

Le sigh.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:35   Link #465
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Most people consider that his barrier jacket, but we've never gotten any official confirmation on it. If there is, its in the plethora of materials that never got translated.
We don't have official confirmation that his hair is blond, either. We don't need it either, because it's obvious.

And Yes, I know he's probably never going to get a Device. Which makes it all the more frustrating that Linith did, especially since I cannot recall any material that ever showed her with a Device before.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote