AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-06, 01:09   Link #18021
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Regarding Europe and anti-semitism:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16041640

As a frenchman, I can say the ambassador is 100% right.

In France, and I believe in all countries with large arab communities, every news about Israel doing anything feeds antisemitism in those populations.

This republican guy who wanted him out of office for "being so wrong about antisemitism" should go to the Paris suburbs ...
He'll see a lot of moroccan, algerians, tunisians (or sons of ...) hating Israel because they put their religion at the same level as their nationality and take Israel being in conflict with Palestine as Israel being in conflict as the muslims, hence them.

Heck, we are to the point where the jew associations whine about pretty much all reports about Palestine on the news because they are afraid of the backlash in France ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 03:54   Link #18022
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
"Cold War" with Iran heats up across Mideast
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7B41GC20111205
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:53   Link #18023
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
As a frenchman, I can say the ambassador is 100% right.

In France, and I believe in all countries with large arab communities, every news about Israel doing anything feeds antisemitism in those populations.

This republican guy who wanted him out of office for "being so wrong about antisemitism" should go to the Paris suburbs ...
He'll see a lot of moroccan, algerians, tunisians (or sons of ...) hating Israel because they put their religion at the same level as their nationality and take Israel being in conflict with Palestine as Israel being in conflict as the muslims, hence them.

Heck, we are to the point where the jew associations whine about pretty much all reports about Palestine on the news because they are afraid of the backlash in France ...
And while Ireland has almost no muslim minorities, we still have a radical left who are very pro-palestine and very anti-israel.

I think the whole Middle-east solidarity thing goes back to Iraq, though I was young then, it might go back even further.

While the radical left aren't the mainstream, there views trickle out to everyone else.

A lot of the ships in the Gaza flotilla were manned by Irish, for instance the Rachel Corrie. I also think a lot Irish people were miffed when they found out Mossad assassins were travelling under fake Irish passports.

It gets really disturbing when you see the radical left openly hosting speakers from anti-semitic islamist groups they should really have no business with.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 10:03   Link #18024
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I also think a lot Irish people were miffed when they found out Mossad assassins were travelling under fake Irish passports.
It might help, if they do remember thoses. How many time did they use fake canadian passports, and yet it didn't have much impact here.
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 12:28   Link #18025
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Mossad agents probably travel under all sorts of passports. I am going to laugh once Natanz is completed and they found Mossad agents travelling under Iranian passports.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 16:59   Link #18026
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm waiting for them to use fake Israeli passports, because no one will suspect that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:05   Link #18027
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
The thing is, a israelian passports might get you some unwanted attention and a iranian one might be as bad
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 00:13   Link #18028
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The thing is, a israelian passports might get you some unwanted attention and a iranian one might be as bad
Israeli
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 00:18   Link #18029
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Japanese tsunami fund 'used for whaling programme'
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 01:22   Link #18030
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well there might be a planet out there called Israelia where the Israelians live.

We've discovered so many planets in the last decade I don't think they've all been named yet.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 03:50   Link #18031
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
He'll see a lot of moroccan, algerians, tunisians (or sons of ...) hating Israel because they put their religion at the same level as their nationality and take Israel being in conflict with Palestine as Israel being in conflict as the muslims, hence them.

Heck, we are to the point where the jew associations whine about pretty much all reports about Palestine on the news because they are afraid of the backlash in France ...
You are doing the shortcut Arab = Muslim.
Totally wrong, stop watching TV sir, the media got you.

And you know I'm right, the muslim population in France is about 4M at most ( and I say "at most" because you perfectly know it's forbidden in France to do statistics on such thing as "races", religions and everything) while Arabic and africans immigrated populations is by far more big.

Thus wrong.

I won't even talk about muslim = anti jew people, following your way of thinking : arabic country now can maintain proper relationship with Israel, it's only Iran (which is not an arabic coutry) that wants their death. If people here are against Israel policy/politics (such as me) it's for a totally another reason.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2011-12-07 at 04:02.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 04:50   Link #18032
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I won't even talk about muslim = anti jew people, following your way of thinking : arabic country now can maintain proper relationship with Israel, it's only Iran (which is not an arabic coutry) that wants their death. If people here are against Israel policy/politics (such as me) it's for a totally another reason.
Is it similiar to ireland and coming from the Left wing politics part of the spectrum? The left is fairly strong in France. I can't imagine Le Pen and friends would side against Israel (then again, this is Le Pen...).
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 04:59   Link #18033
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Good question, even though I'm socialist, I don't follow their opinion blindily, I'm against Israel actual governement for what it is, not because a party told me to not like it.

Well I don't know how to put it, maybe I'm influenced. But as I said, I'm only against the actual israel government because of his absolute passivity. Not like I'm against israel in general. I'm sure one day there will be people in power that will really want peace and things will evolve, I will root for those people.

Sorry I can't answer to your question, I know my general political opinion, but I don't go as far as knowing every aspects of the party I follow.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 06:28   Link #18034
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
@bladeofdarkness, sorry.

Malfunction likely put U.S. drone in Iranian hands
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7B60BP20111207
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 08:24   Link #18035
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Good question, even though I'm socialist, I don't follow their opinion blindily, I'm against Israel actual governement for what it is, not because a party told me to not like it.

Well I don't know how to put it, maybe I'm influenced. But as I said, I'm only against the actual israel government because of his absolute passivity. Not like I'm against israel in general. I'm sure one day there will be people in power that will really want peace and things will evolve, I will root for those people.

Sorry I can't answer to your question, I know my general political opinion, but I don't go as far as knowing every aspects of the party I follow.
I didn't mean you personally, I more meant the general political scene. If you go around my campus, there's always socialist posters talking about events like "Capitalism's failure!" or "Socialism in latin America, Chavez and Castro leading the revolution!" or regarding Palestine "The Oppression in Palestine, and the revolution to stop it!" etc. etc. Usually they're in favour of the palestinians, and against the state of Israel, but I do sometimes feel like they form a haven for thinly veiled anti-semites...

I myself, personally, have similiar views to you.

Generally there are no extremist right wing groups in Ireland, so I don't know what their bent would be, there's Sinn fein, but they're actually more on the left...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:13   Link #18036
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Scheme helping foreign graduates seek jobs discontinued: MOM

Quote:
A scheme which allows foreign graduates up to one year to seek employment in Singapore has been discontinued with effect from 1 December, said the Ministry of Manpower.

Current holders of the Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (Epec) will now have to apply for a three month, non-renewable, long-term visit pass if they wish to continue seeking jobs here.

But this is subjected to the Epec being still valid from the date issued. The certificate, which is only given out on a one-time basis, is not renewable and valid for two years.

In reply to Yahoo! Singapore’s queries on why the scheme was removed, a MOM spokesman said, “The Epec Scheme was not meeting its intended objective of helping employers recruit EP-calibre talent.”

Of the Epec applications received each month, only less than 10 per cent were approved, added the spokesperson.

According to The Straits Times, one of the criteria applicants need to fulfill is that they have to be graduates of any of the 700 universities stated on the MOM’s approved list.

Once the applicant has successfully applied for the Epec, it signalled to employers that the holder is likely to be eligible for an Employment Pass. However, the certificate is not a work pass.

The ministry’s latest move comes after it enhanced the Employment Pass (EP) framework in its three categories in August to filter the number of foreigners applying for jobs in the country.

For instance, young graduates seeking the Q1 pass will have to meet the qualifying salary of at least $3,000, an increased from $2,800.

Meanwhile, the qualifying salary for P2 pass will be raised from $4,000 to $4,500. There will be no change for the P1 Pass, which remains at $8,000.
Face-saving grace is not to be given for doling out excuses.

On the bright side, at least the government are properly disposing of the cinderblocks instead of just sweeping them under the carpet.

From personal experience, I still don't understand how garbage who can't even write continuous sentences, or even active troubleshoot an "automated telescoping device", and do on-the-spot situational planning get paid a whole lot more......something has to be wrong with the assessment criteria.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-12-07 at 09:28.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 10:36   Link #18037
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well there might be a planet out there called Israelia where the Israelians live.
no.
an Israelian is what happens when a Xenomorph is created out of an Israeli person.
totally different.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:22   Link #18038
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Economic protesters target Washington lobbyists
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7B52M320111207
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:07   Link #18039
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
House of Reps passes bill to give Executive veto power to Congress:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1135030.html
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:30   Link #18040
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
^ Not too sure than this one is a good idea, especialy given Congress's recent record.
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.