Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 18:26   Link #7681
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by osorito View Post
It would be fun if the girls from MW do visit now that Yue regained her memories back, if would be a relief for her friend that accidentally erased her memories. Even if the Class rep came to visit, it would be a great visit to be close to Negi in her case maybe it would be another pactio card. With any luck she will have a nosebleed like the class rep from 3A.
Given the events of chapter 337,
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-05, 19:38   Link #7682
DKN117

Why is everyone talking about 346? 345 doesn't even exist yet!

(Poster who can't read Japanese grumbles and fumes)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 20:49   Link #7683
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post

*enjoys the non-existent c345 and c346
Old 2011-12-06, 15:48   Link #7684
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post

but you are aware that there are "translations" for the "raws of c345-6" out like for 2weeks now... right ??

some people (like myself) were not that patient to wait for scanlation... they are 2chapters behind and next chap 347 gets out in next week... so kinda hard to wait and simple see the raw with translation first... and then the scanlation is out I relook it again ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 00:13   Link #7685
Shadow5YA

Isn't a magic disabling bullet a bit too overpowered for this universe, even if this is supposed to be a comedic situation?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:09   Link #7686
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Scanlation is out guys. So Yuuna's bullet s 2x3 minutes?
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:52   Link #7687
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

... Akira !?!?!? Not exactly sure what happened there or rather why.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 15:32   Link #7688
Chris38

Chapter 347 are out and in it:

Spoiler for 347:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 15:44   Link #7689
Hata
時の異邦人

let's see... not much to say this time, pictures are quite obvious,
Spoiler:

to be honest,
Spoiler:

a fun arc that is getting more interested.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:56   Link #7690
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
to be honest,
Spoiler:
Personally,
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-11, 20:30   Link #7691
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Personally, I kinda wonder if the REAL reason why Ken Akamatsu is doing this first has more to do with the fact that he's saving the "good" stuff (i.e. stuff related to magic-related people) until chapter 350, and that the current storyline (and for that matter, most of the breather period in general) was a way to "pad" things out until then.
wrong, Ken is doing nothing unusual, we are just into the beginning of 38, barely one book away from the MW ending 36, you are just being a fanboy asking for everything on a platter yesterday, understandable, but really... plus, Ken did this exact same thing before in Love Hina, when Keitaro has to fight every member of the harem before gets to Naru, (especially Motoko and Shinobu) this is something that needs to be settle in an harem story, or otherwise the rest of the members won't accept the defacto choice with grace, which is what a happy harem story like LH was, the only twist Ken put in this one is the choice is supposed to be up in the air, and my guess is it would not end soon, it will take a while to get through the whole harem.
Old 2011-12-11, 21:39   Link #7692
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
wrong, Ken is doing nothing unusual, we are just into the beginning of 38, barely one book away from the MW ending 36, you are just being a fanboy asking for everything on a platter yesterday, understandable, but really... plus, Ken did this exact same thing before in Love Hina, when Keitaro has to fight every member of the harem before gets to Naru, (especially Motoko and Shinobu) this is something that needs to be settle in an harem story, or otherwise the rest of the members won't accept the defacto choice with grace, which is what a happy harem story like LH was, the only twist Ken put in this one is the choice is supposed to be up in the air, and my guess is it would not end soon, it will take a while to get through the whole harem.
Of course, part of my problem here is the fact that I feel that after pretty much evolvling out of that stage (where the traces of the "bad' parts are only used sparingly even in times of breather), Negima is reverting back to being another Love Hina-like story (where it seems like harem comedy is more important than the plot) ever since the MW arc ended.

Yes, I can accept the whole "relaxing after the end of a major arc" thing, but at the same time, I felt that breather volumes were handled better in previous volumes than in volumes 37-38 (especially in terms of story flow).

As for the current arc taking a while:
Spoiler for 347:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-11 at 21:53.
TnAdct1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 21:54   Link #7693
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

IMO the breathers in previous arcs worked better because, while we know there will be grand adventure following the breathers, none of them were as important as SAVING AN ENTIRE WORLD. Yes, the Magic World arc turned out to be quite epic race against the clock to save the world, but back during the breathers we never knew it would be at such scale.

Here we know, we know that there are many important things to be done less an entire world perish. And yet all the girls could think off is forcing a boy to fess up on who he loves when he hasn't even hit puberty yet? I mean, I doubt deep inside he is capable of differentiating between Phileo, Storge and Eros yet . This is why a gal like Haruna is great to have in a party, but not on serious meetings
Old 2011-12-11, 22:05   Link #7694
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
IMO the breathers in previous arcs worked better because, while we know there will be grand adventure following the breathers, none of them were as important as SAVING AN ENTIRE WORLD. Yes, the Magic World arc turned out to be quite epic race against the clock to save the world, but back during the breathers we never knew it would be at such scale.

Here we know, we know that there are many important things to be done less an entire world perish. And yet all the girls could think off is forcing a boy to fess up on who he loves when he hasn't even hit puberty yet? I mean, I doubt deep inside he is capable of differentiating between Phileo, Storge and Eros yet . This is why a gal like Haruna is great to have in a party, but not on serious meetings
Two other points that other breather periods have that this one seems to be lacking:

1. A fluid pacing from event to the next (whereas this breather period was skipping around at the beginning);

2. There's actual development in terms of "growth" in Negi's group, where here it feels as if this growth is being avoided (save for those involved in Negi's plan).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-11 at 23:11.
TnAdct1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:49   Link #7695
Pong

Few comments about the chapter.

Spoiler for 347:
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:09   Link #7696
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
Few comments about the chapter.

Spoiler for 347:
Spoiler for 347:
Old 2011-12-12, 14:17   Link #7697
Giriath

So do we learn more about how the magic-sealing bullet affects Negi? It wouldn't make sense if he loses all his strength because of it, since his physical body should now be considerably more powerful than it was when he was human.

I would have preferred that all characters who don't have a history of combat training, or real combat, remained as support in combat situations, rather than actual fighters. Artifacts that suddenly enable a character who has had no combat experience or training to fight evenly with those that have doesn't make good reading for me, and that seems to be the general consensus amongst MSN fans.

Combat support characters like Yue (now a fighter, with training and experience), Nodoka, Asakura, Konoka etc, make for reasonable and interesting reading in my opinion, whereas characters like Yuuna just strikes me as cheap and unreasonable in a combat situation.
Giriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:19   Link #7698
Pong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler for 347:
Spoiler for 347:
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:45   Link #7699
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote: