AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-11, 13:06   Link #81
funkyaristotle
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Here is an image of waver as an adult from typemoon wiki http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...px-Melloi2.png


he looks similar and dare i say bad arse

So i think it is him, or at least they want as to think so
funkyaristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 17:10   Link #82
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There were tens of thousands of them (based on how it looked, anyway). On what basis were there no random grunts? Unless every single one of them is "named" and known in history, I don't see there not being random grunts.
Many of them are grunts, but some are named and known in history, although the LN only mentioned two directly.

In the LN, in one of Waver's dreams, he saw Alexander's past, and how defeated heroes, generals, and even kings ended up following him.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 06:50   Link #83
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
duh, from the novel:
Spoiler:


all of them are servants. It is nigh impossible for modern-era humans to become servants. Waver is very much not the kinda guy to make contracts with the world to become a counter guardian, and even if he were, he's impossibly average as a magus...

so yeah, the chances of waver ever becoming a heroic spirit are next to nil, meaning the chances of that guy being waver are also next to nil...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:35   Link #84
Alaya
Counter Force
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
duh, from the novel:
Spoiler:


all of them are servants. It is nigh impossible for modern-era humans to become servants. Waver is very much not the kinda guy to make contracts with the world to become a counter guardian, and even if he were, he's impossibly average as a magus...

so yeah, the chances of waver ever becoming a heroic spirit are next to nil, meaning the chances of that guy being waver are also next to nil...
It's still possible for modern-era humans to become a Heroic Spirit, as long as they can make a heroic deeds. And we don't even know that will Waver do something epic, or make a contract with the World to becomes a counter guardian.

And being average as a magus doesn't mean he could not become a servant, or else we would not have EMIYA, since Shirou is beyond mediocre as a magus.

All in all, I think it's better to left it vague so people could see him as someone he would like to see. There's no proof that he is Waver, yet there's also no counter-proof that he is not Waver. So we are basically trying to proof the existence of the Devil here.

Well, unless you can use the Gold Truth of course :P
__________________
Fate/Zero: This was the tale of a man who, more than anyone else, believed in his ideals, and was driven to despair by them.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:16   Link #85
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There were tens of thousands of them (based on how it looked, anyway). On what basis were there no random grunts? Unless every single one of them is "named" and known in history, I don't see there not being random grunts.
I guess I abused the word, but to my understanding, Alexander's army was made of the elite (historically speaking), especially if you consider the Macedonian Phalanx. That and Nasu/Urobuchi adding that heroes, general and kings are also included in the lot.

Random grunt would be really the likes of disposable pawns in gundam: those which you would not even bother, as long they work as a cannon fodder.

Considering they are actual servants and thus, heroic spirits, it implies quite well all of them at least managed to great deeds to some extent, enough to be recorded by the Throne of Heroes.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:32   Link #86
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Considering they are actual servants and thus, heroic spirits, it implies quite well all of them at least managed to great deeds to some extent, enough to be recorded by the Throne of Heroes.
it is Deeds only? I thought since the case of the False Assassin in the 5th war. Someone (real or fiction) just have to be famous enough.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:46   Link #87
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is Deeds only? I thought since the case of the False Assassin in the 5th war. Someone (real or fiction) just have to be famous enough.
Both are actually pretty much linked. Remember that Arthur himself is pretty close to be fictional, considering the insane amount of legends and myths surrounding him, to the point the "truth" of his actual existence is quite dim.
Deeds aren't only based on factual events, but also myths and anecdotes so forth (such like the mtyhological beings, such like 5th War Rider).
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 04:01   Link #88
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I really don't know where to share this , so i shall just leave it here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...t-in-life-size

Can't believe they built a real-life scale version of the Motorcycle Saber used!

The motorcycle chasing part is probably the only 2nd thing that i look forward to in the Fate/Zero anime now that they have covered the Mad Feast of the Three Kings and showed Iskandar's epicness :P
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 13:10   Link #89
Auria
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I really don't know where to share this , so i shall just leave it here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...t-in-life-size

Can't believe they built a real-life scale version of the Motorcycle Saber used!

The motorcycle chasing part is probably the only 2nd thing that i look forward to in the Fate/Zero anime now that they have covered the Mad Feast of the Three Kings and showed Iskandar's epicness :P
More interested in the figure than in the real-life-cycle to be honest. Pretty awesome either way though

Preview pics for ep 12: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/438/438644/?l
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 14:33   Link #90
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
How many episodes is the first season stated to have? 12 or 13?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 16:20   Link #91
Auria
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
How many episodes is the first season stated to have? 12 or 13?
There are episode descriptions until 13 out. So pretty sure this many.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 20:37   Link #92
Archer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
ufotable stated that they aim to end the cour with the beginning of the Caster battle, which we're not going to get judging from those screenshots or from knowledge about the story pacing thus far.

So, episode 13 it is!
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 20:41   Link #93
sento
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
ufotable stated that they aim to end the cour with the beginning of the Caster battle, which we're not going to get judging from those screenshots or from knowledge about the story pacing thus far.

So, episode 13 it is!
Well, with the pace until now, if episode 12 is Act 9, episode 13 is bound to be Act 10 or part of it.

Considering that Act 10 is not that long (is more intense than long) and volume 3 is the shortest...
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 01:38   Link #94
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
More interested in the figure than in the real-life-cycle to be honest. Pretty awesome either way though

Preview pics for ep 12: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/438/438644/?l
for a moment there i thought kriei grew a hitler mustache
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 23:03   Link #95
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
It's still possible for modern-era humans to become a Heroic Spirit, as long as they can make a heroic deeds. And we don't even know that will Waver do something epic, or make a contract with the World to becomes a counter guardian.

And being average as a magus doesn't mean he could not become a servant, or else we would not have EMIYA, since Shirou is beyond mediocre as a magus.

All in all, I think it's better to left it vague so people could see him as someone he would like to see. There's no proof that he is Waver, yet there's also no counter-proof that he is not Waver. So we are basically trying to proof the existence of the Devil here.

Well, unless you can use the Gold Truth of course :P
Yes, its still possible for humans of the modern age to become Heroic Spirits, but the requirements are much, much higher than in the past.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 04:21   Link #96
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
so yeah, the chances of waver ever becoming a heroic spirit are next to nil, meaning the chances of that guy being waver are also next to nil...
Er, whatever that happens doesn't matter. As for Waver being part of the Reality Marble, yes well the novels certainly hint otherwise (aka he likely is). Ioian Hetairoi itself is built on a pipe dream, an impossibility shared by them.

Spoiler for Rider's farewell:


Spoiler for Waver's realization:


Does that mean we'll see his servant version? Doubtful, unless is a side material or something.

I don't think he's in the Throne of the Heroes, but he would be in the RM somehow, or Gen 'LOLGRIMDARKUNHAPPYENDINGS' Urobuchi wouldn't have bothered to put those lines. Plus, I doubt that Rider can summon from the Throne of the Heroes guys lol. He's not a Caster. Furthermore, none of those heroes have Noble Phantasms. Remember that Kojiro was also a Servant even if he didn't exist and was really a ghost playing the role (and like these dudes didn't have a NP). The word isn't as exclusive as you think it is.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-12-20 at 04:44.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 06:11   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Finished reading the novels yesterday. I was amazed at how faithful Ufotable's adaptation has been so far. I have no complaints whatsoever about the anime. Obviously, the detailed explanation provided by the narration are missing, but there's no way to include them all without breaking the pace. A few scenes are missing too, but we've been told they'll be in the BD version, so there's no problem.

I hope Ufotable will keep up the good work. There are so many scenes I want to see animated. The people who complained about the lack of action in the first season should be pleased. There are so many mind-blowing actions scenes in the last two novels. The ones I'm looking forward to the most are Archer and Berserker's dogfight, Archer vs Rider and Kirei (WHAT A MONSTER) vs Kiritsugu.

And I really really hope they'll do justice to Alex's final moments. It was a beautiful scene. I knew he was going to lose, but I rooted for him so damn hard nonetheless...
I loved his farewell to Waver, and his last exchange with Gil. That even Gilgamesh acknowledged and respected him says a lot. The eternally smiling King is undoubtedly my favorite character in F/Z.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 12:17   Link #98
Yuutsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 雲の向こう
Damn, I would love to see a battle of swordsmanship between Lancelot and Koujirou!!!

That would a feast for the eyes.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 00:12   Link #99
Archer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Alright, so now that the first BD box has come out with the translated interviews with the ufotable staff, we now have several key episodes to look out for:

14-15: "Unbelievable things happen", "characters will be thinned out"
17: First episode by Tokushima team, "story is moving ahead"
18: Kiritsugu gets a flashback, "new original scenes"

So, going with this as a guide, it appears that the Caster battle will be spread across two episodes (14-15), Risei will die in episode 16, the Lancer team will be eliminated in episode 17, and we'll be getting the Intermission starting from episode 18.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 00:02   Link #100
Yuutsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 雲の向こう
Nasu: Usually if I drew a dark hero like Kariya, he'd lose almost everything only to have all his hard work pay off in the end. But of course, Urobuchi-san goes and has characters like Kariya die without any sort of retribution.

Uro: Well, I did let him see a "good dream" at the end. (Laughs) In the beginning, I actually wanted to do more with him. But because of the way his body ended up, making him fight more would kill him...

Nasu: And Berserker was too strong, one of them could easily take out other Servants.

--------------------------------------------------

That's my good 'ol Berserker.

Last edited by Yuutsu; 2012-04-02 at 01:18.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.