AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 18:40   Link #1
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Karaoke isn't showing up in MeGUI

Alright, I have a .ass(Aegisub) Karaoke script and I'm trying to hardsub it with MeGUI. Everything loads perfectly fine in the Avisynth Script creator and then I load the Karaoke script and everything is still ok. I save the script and it automatically brings up the preview. I go to the beginning of the clip to see if the Kara is there, but it isn't. None of the effects are there, the only thing that is, is the English lyrics down at the bottom.

The Kara was not made by me, and the source video is a Dvix.avi file(720p) and the audio is ,mp3(192kbits).
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:54   Link #2
sneaker

Post the complete script, chances are that you didn't load any subtitle filter, do that manually. (i.e. use AssRender or vsfilter)
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:58   Link #3
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Post the complete script, chances are that you didn't load any subtitle filter, do that manually. (i.e. use AssRender or vsfilter)
yea it loads the VSfilter automatically for me. Do I need to update the VSfilter or something, I recently did so I don see why I should.
Old 2011-12-11, 19:01   Link #4
sneaker

Copy the vsfilter.dll file to your AviSynth plug-in folder and any fonts to your Windows font directory.

Your script should look something like:
Code:
AviSource("videosource_divx.avi")
TextSub("karaoke.ass")
Old 2011-12-12, 01:15   Link #5
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Yea
Thats exactly how im doing it
I also load the vsfilter plug-in just incase.
Old 2011-12-12, 01:21   Link #6
sneaker

Maybe your version is broken, try a different one or AssRender.
Old 2011-12-12, 09:36   Link #7
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Do i load it the same way i.e.

Load Plug-in("C:\blah\AssRender)
TextSub
(subtitle file and destination)
Old 2011-12-12, 13:00   Link #8
sneaker

No,
1. It's a C-Plugin, so you have to load it via "LoadCPlugin("C:\blah\AssRender.dll")"
2. then "AssRender("karaoke.ass")

The fonts can go into the same directory as the .ass-file, they don't have to be copied into the Windows font folder.
Old 2011-12-12, 17:28   Link #9
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

I am forever great full, it worked like a charm. Now if I may ask, what does the "C" stand for when you say "LoadCPlugin"
Old 2011-12-12, 17:41   Link #10
sneaker

The programming language "C" as opposed to "C++". These plug-ins use a different API and are compiled in a different way. Nothing you have to worry about, except that you can't just put them in the AviSynth plug-in folder and always have to load them manually.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:36   Link #11
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

So I'll have to manually start type it in, instead of it automatically starting up like the VSfilter?
Thats not an issue, just making sure I'm understanding you.
Old 2011-12-12, 23:13   Link #12
sneaker

I don't really get what you mean by "automatically starting up like the VSfilter". Note that vsfilter.dll is essentially three programs in one file:
1.) It's a DirectShow filter (indicated by the green arrow showing up in the task bar)
2.) It's an AviSynth plug-in
3.) It's a VirtualDub plug-in

To use it as an AviSynth plug-in you can either copy the vsfilter.dll file to e.g. "C:\program files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\" OR load it manually via e.g. "LoadPlugin("C:\filters\vsfilter.dll")". Then enter "TextSub("subtitles.ass")" in your script to load a subtitle file. The green arrow in the task bar does NOT appear when using it in this way.
The difference to C-Plugins like assrender.dll is that they will not load automatically when put into the "C:\program files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\" folder. You alway have to load them via "LoadCPlugin("C:\assrender.dll")".
Old 2011-12-13, 01:09   Link #13
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Thats what i meant by automatically, sorry for not being specific. -.-
I meant automatically by the load subtitle option in the filter tab, it automatically loads the VSfilter as a defult.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:32   Link #14
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
I don't really get what you mean by "automatically starting up like the VSfilter". Note that vsfilter.dll is essentially three programs in one file:
1.) It's a DirectShow filter (indicated by the green arrow showing up in the task bar)
2.) It's an AviSynth plug-in
3.) It's a VirtualDub plug-in
It is also a CSRI library since some years ago, and that is what Aegisub uses to interface with it. (CSRI = Common Subtitle Renderer Interface.)
Since Aegisub does not depend on the DShow, Avisynth or VDub interfaces, it can potentially use a VSFilter without those, and that is exactly what Aegisub 2.1.9 will be doing, for two reasons: The first is to make the download smaller (vsfilter.dll from 1 MB down to 140 kb) and the second is to make it simpler for me to build.

My point: From Aegisub 2.1.9 and forward, you will not be able to copy vsfilter.dll from Aegisub and use that for anything else.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote