AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-08, 16:00   Link #321
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
I saw 5 before quitting. The moment I can't tell the people apart [I blame some really poor character designs ] from what they say and the directing expects the viewer to make grand leaps to the conclusion [who the protagonist are, what is expected of them- and why are there monsters beating ppl???] is the time I'd stop. Personally, this show didn't have enough pull in terms of a coherent story and flow in it's beginning- and I'm not about to waste money to watch its end because of it.

Anyway, If it's so good then enlighten me of what occurs later because as it stands I don't see this show as making any sense.
Old post, but I'll reply to it because I have nothing better to do. You may not be the type that likes dark, involved stories- if so, there are plenty of other animes better suited to you. I, for one, have never seen another anime with as dark and interesting a story as Gilgamesh. Most people who have seen it in entirely would agree that to argue it should be used as a frisbee is quite ludicrous. Gilgamesh is highly respected by a lot of the more senior members on this board.

The story does start out a little confusing, but that is often the hallmark of a great anime IMHO. You have to wonder WTF? at the beginning so that the story can slowly unfold and make sense. Both the characters and the story have surprising depth. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is so forboding- much of the atmosphere is created by the art style, which I fell in love with (although many hate it)- much more realistic than most animes. This one easily makes it into my top 5.
__________________
wsheit is offline  
Old 2004-12-09, 04:01   Link #322
jonli
JONLIの憂&#39
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
This Ugly and Beautiful World << i really hate it...i probably have bad taste...

Shintsukitan Tsukihime << H game conversion ...but sucks...not because there's not H but because they took away a lot of story and added a lot of plot holes...and they chose the worse possible ending for the game.

Sailor Moon and everything related to it + that wedding sailormoon rip off

Digimon 02 << destroyed what they built up for 01 and the movies...damit...
jonli is offline  
Old 2004-12-09, 04:04   Link #323
4saken
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I have only watched one anime I really disliked, that was DNA2. I dont usually get/watch any animes that I would not like, based on reviews.
4saken is offline  
Old 2004-12-09, 04:59   Link #324
Shoeshefied
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: EST
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saken
I have only watched one anime I really disliked, that was DNA2. I dont usually get/watch any animes that I would not like, based on reviews.

dna^2?? the mega-playboy one? Yea it was kinda dragon ballz-ish (heck was they thinkin) bah it was a very good anime non-of-the-less.. i mean well video girl ai (same creators) was a good anime, that made me care less what they spurst out next. (ah dont mind me)


well i think it was that Tekken anime that started the trend for frisbeeing.
Shoeshefied is offline  
Old 2004-12-10, 03:19   Link #325
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 36
The new Appleseed movie was really, really bad. The CG was not that great, the cel shading just made everything look like plastic. The actual animation wasn't too terrible. It ranged from pretty decent to mediocre. All in all, the visuals paled next to the other recent Shirow based movie, GitS2:Innocence.

Storywise, Appleseed was just wretched. I mean, Metal Gear Solid 2 wretched. Lots of posing, and characters all trying to get the last word in with no actual substance to what they were saying. The overal premise was beyond rediculous, and made no sense whatsoever in the end. Characters would literally say something, then in the same breath completely contradict themselves.

The story also suffered from the very same problem that causes many people to hate Final Fantasy 8. You got it, a complete 'What the?' moment, where it turns out that the main character knew something all along, but conviniently forgot it, along with her relationship to several other characters.

Add to this absolutely zero character developement, a terrible soundtrack (cheesy-bad techno-ish music for the action scenes, and what sounds like bad American pop music scattered about), and I'll say it again, the CG just was not that great.

I would not reccomend paying money to see this crap. I was really dissapointed because while I was not expecting much from the CG (and it wasn't bad, per-se, it just was not great either), I was hoping the story would put the GitS movies to shame since Shirow was more active in it's developement (or so I'd heard).

As it is, at least Innocence was a pleasant surprise. I'm glad that's the one I actually saw in theatres. If I had spent the money and effort to see this trash in theatres, I'd be even more upset.
__________________
Radd is offline  
Old 2004-12-10, 18:24   Link #326
matilda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 31
I personally hated Anime called Cyber 6 .... It was sooooo borring ... The same all the way through ....
matilda is offline  
Old 2004-12-10, 18:51   Link #327
Aquillion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Some fall into a sort of "so bad it's good" category, though--Psychic Academy Aura Banshou, for instance. I could not for the life of me come up with a single redeeming quality for that show (except possibly the ten-minute episodes, which is a redeeming quality when you consider how bad their content is), and yet somehow it managed to be more entertaining than many shows that I'd normally say were better.
Aquillion is offline  
Old 2004-12-12, 10:17   Link #328
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Old post, but I'll reply to it because I have nothing better to do. You may not be the type that likes dark, involved stories- if so, there are plenty of other animes better suited to you. I, for one, have never seen another anime with as dark and interesting a story as Gilgamesh. Most people who have seen it in entirely would agree that to argue it should be used as a frisbee is quite ludicrous. Gilgamesh is highly respected by a lot of the more senior members on this board.

The story does start out a little confusing, but that is often the hallmark of a great anime IMHO. You have to wonder WTF? at the beginning so that the story can slowly unfold and make sense. Both the characters and the story have surprising depth. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is so forboding- much of the atmosphere is created by the art style, which I fell in love with (although many hate it)- much more realistic than most animes. This one easily makes it into my top 5.
Late reply, I think you misunderstood me on why I thought the show was bad. It's not the issue of what the characters on screen said or acted but a very basic problem of having to figure out who said what. That is already a warning sign that there will be a problem later in it's cohesion when they have to force the viewer to return to a previous episode to find this out. That should never happen in ANY animation, especially one that started by throwing the leads into the middle of half a dozen characters in the dark.

Admittedly the underlying plot was compelling, but you also have to look at this show from someone what has very little time to sort out what every director should know- that is the clarity of the stucture required to tell a story. Case in point, Scrapped Princess and Gunslinger girl ran about the same time. Despite having some truly immense holes in it's plot and logic, they properly established all it's players early on so they can deliver the twists at their leisure. I don't have 24/7 to watch anime, so the moment it does not make sense because the producer/director forgets something as simple as making everyone look unique I'll cut it and give it a poor rec. on that basis.

That's logic against a constraint in time because the chance of finding out a show sucks is already insanely high by then. Maybe I'll get back to Gilgamesh later, but for a guy working 10-12 hour days it'll be damn near impossible in the near term. This isn't a matter of preference, I do this to every single thing I watch and read. So forgive me when I maintain the caveat on this show for the above reason.
Burner of Anime is offline  
Old 2004-12-12, 15:48   Link #329
Lothar Lightbringer
~Join the Crusade~
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: United States, Europe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
Tekken was so-so,
death to sailor moon!
How dare you say this about Sailor Moon. I personally like Sailor Moon. If you don't like it stay away from it. There is no use to talk such language. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this thread is full of bad language...

To the point of this post: I dislike all horror anime's

Last edited by Lothar Lightbringer; 2004-12-12 at 16:37.
Lothar Lightbringer is offline  
Old 2004-12-24, 02:07   Link #330
TonyTonyChopper
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arizona
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to TonyTonyChopper Send a message via MSN to TonyTonyChopper Send a message via Yahoo to TonyTonyChopper
Let's see.. how can I put this.. if I ever go to the bathroom and realize that I'm out of T.P. I can always use Dark Warrior Jihad instead.. I HATE this anime..
TonyTonyChopper is offline  
Old 2004-12-24, 02:29   Link #331
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
I hate DBZ, Yugioh and Pokemon, They should be Shot with a P90, Burn, Pissed on and whats left of them thrown into the Sun or a Fusion Reactor.

As for DNA^2 I thought it was funny
Reaver4k is offline  
Old 2004-12-24, 13:27   Link #332
Megaman0
Muteki no Ryuujin Damashi
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Megaman0
Quote:
Originally Posted by matilda
I personally hated Anime called Cyber 6 .... It was sooooo borring ... The same all the way through ....
I agree we get that Anime here on Television now i can't say it was good at all.....
actually it was reall bullsh*t
Megaman0 is offline  
Old 2004-12-25, 21:36   Link #333
GarBhaD
Zetsubou shita!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
What a long post!
I already said before that Evangelion should be used as frisbee, but I've found a much better candidate: Guardian Hearts is the WORST anime I've ever watched. Seriously, you won't know the true meaning of "bad" or "mediocre" until you watch that. On the other hand, I would only recommend that to my worst enemies, so none of you should watch it.
GarBhaD is offline  
Old 2004-12-26, 11:25   Link #334
White_Line
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

Hmmm....

I haven't watched many anime that I really hate, but one I know has to be Fushigi Yugi... now I'm not saying that it's a bad show, its a great show... just not for me. I know alot of other people like the genre and stuff like that.

I'm not even going to say anything about DBZ or Pokemon or anything like that, but I do have to agree with the people that Yugioh is not just a card commercial. It's those 4kids dubbers that made it that way. The way that they dubbed it, it is for kids the age of 10 or something so I get why many people think it's a child-ish Anime.

I was looking forward to seeing Saint Seiya! But too bad... the people have ruined it again on television, so it wasn't enjoyable and I stopped watching it.

And for some odd reason... Scrapped Princess... I didn't like that Anime. Not sure what was wrong with it, I watched 10 episodes and decided that I really didn;t like it. *shrugs* I'm picky but not that picky.

Saint Beast... piontless advertisement? Why bother to make a 6 or 5 episode show that has no beggining or ending? O.o
White_Line is offline  
Old 2004-12-26, 13:51   Link #335
GG_Luna128
Far, far away...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: .ar
Ok...

Naruto
Prince of Tennis
Ai Yori Aoshi
Mahoromatic
Kanon
Ikkitousen
Initial D

That's it for now. There should be a lot more, indeed.
GG_Luna128 is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 11:47   Link #336
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The anime I dislike the most is Naruto but I would deffinately not call it bad.

However, there are spme anime that I would accept minor physical suffering to avoid seeing, it would be

Glass Mask
Super Milk-chan
Super Atragon
Harmageddon
Cosmic Fantasy
Psychic Force
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 16:24   Link #337
Masenko
マセンコ。
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Right now I'd say Rizelmine and Narutaru.
Masenko is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 17:27   Link #338
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Age: 28
Whats wrong with Narutaru i loved that anime. So dark but at the end it leaves you with a positive outlook.
Kurz is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 13:49   Link #339
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Thumbs down First anime I watched that I hated

Well I really hated Princess Yucie and it's ending. She was forced without her consent to become the princess with that evil Tiara. It was an aweful ending and stupid storyline.. they started out as rivals, forced to become friends, to only to disappear. Ok any other anime like this that I should know about in advance because if I had seen this as my first anime it would of probably destroyed me liking anime. And I NEVER EVER want to watch such a STUPID anime again.. or even ANY show with a such a sick ending.
molitar is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 14:13   Link #340
hooliganj
Team Player
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I actually liked the ending. I was expecting a fairly pointless happily-ever-after, but the show managed to surprise me a bit.

Plus... did you turn it off before it was done? You missed a pretty big part of the last episode if you think that's where it ended.
hooliganj is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.