AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-16, 22:57   Link #6101
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the Dutch can't do this, i haven't been there yet.
They will reduce the offer, not stop it.
At least for now...
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:28   Link #6102
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
The Problem With Women’s Armor, According to a Man Who Makes Armor
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 02:45   Link #6103
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
I'm trying to imagine how Saber would react to that kind of admission.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 04:28   Link #6104
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well Saber's breastplate is shaped to deflect a blow rather than catch one. Other than that, no idea.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 04:30   Link #6105
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
It isn't much surprising, thoses bikini armor are just ridiculous .
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:15   Link #6106
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comi...s/pearlygates/

Rather Meta, don't you think?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:54   Link #6107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Well this is......just read it.

Rwanda's poo-powered prisons
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 00:15   Link #6108
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Women's armour meant to look sexy only

Like gift box, wrapping in medieval flavour, no one expect it to stand anti-tank missile
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 06:53   Link #6109
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Remember this?



Look happen now.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:04   Link #6110
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Women's armour meant to look sexy only

Like gift box, wrapping in medieval flavour, no one expect it to stand anti-tank missile
I don't know man, the whole fantasy women armour thing always came across to me as crass pandering.

It's semiotics at work: boobplates and bikini armour are just signifiers communicating something else. And to me the "signified" meaning it communicates is more along the lines of "gamer male audience wants fantasy boobies" than it does "fantasy boobies" themselves. Disturbingly anti-sexy in all sorts of uncomfortable ways, or in short, eww.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:30   Link #6111
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't know man, the whole fantasy women armour thing always came across to me as crass pandering.

It's semiotics at work: boobplates and bikini armour are just signifiers communicating something else. And to me the "signified" meaning it communicates is more along the lines of "gamer male audience wants fantasy boobies" than it does "fantasy boobies" themselves. Disturbingly anti-sexy in all sorts of uncomfortable ways, or in short, eww.
Call me a dinosaur or even a misogynist, but I find the whole idea of women fighting in mediaeval fantasy to be completely anachronistic in the first place. It's a modern-day invention to suit the contemporary need to appear non-sexist.

That's not to suggest the women never donned armour or fought lustily side by side with men-at-arms (though I am indeed hard-pressed to think of actual historical examples that are not generously leavened with myth). But the simple thing is that women, historically, seldom fought their wars on the battlefields. And that is where modern fantasy writing often fails — it seldom provides a compelling reason to explain the presence of "gender equality" in imaginary worlds.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 08:59   Link #6112
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't know man, the whole fantasy women armour thing always came across to me as crass pandering.

It's semiotics at work: boobplates and bikini armour are just signifiers communicating something else. And to me the "signified" meaning it communicates is more along the lines of "gamer male audience wants fantasy boobies" than it does "fantasy boobies" themselves. Disturbingly anti-sexy in all sorts of uncomfortable ways, or in short, eww.
Have you guys ever thought of that the perverted enemy might aim for the chest area just to see the boobs jiggle, hence negating the need for armor on the rest of the body?

*runs*
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:15   Link #6113
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post


Look happen now.
Those animations are so.... wow *Rips out hair*

Spoiler for Regarding female armor:
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:34   Link #6114
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Spoiler for Regarding female armor:
It was not uncommon to use traps in warfare...
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:40   Link #6115
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
I wonder if this qualifies as odd:
http://www.stripes.com/news/sex-with...itary-1.162890
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:54   Link #6116
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Have you guys ever thought of that the perverted enemy might aim for the chest area just to see the boobs jiggle, hence negating the need for armor on the rest of the body?

*runs*
One of the quality of most armor ( exept a mail armor) is his hardness, so I doubt than a armor covering the chest area would ''jiggle''.
And would really a perverted enemy have the time to think about that in the heat of the battle ?
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 23:46   Link #6117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Call me a dinosaur or even a misogynist, but I find the whole idea of women fighting in mediaeval fantasy to be completely anachronistic in the first place. It's a modern-day invention to suit the contemporary need to appear non-sexist.

That's not to suggest the women never donned armour or fought lustily side by side with men-at-arms (though I am indeed hard-pressed to think of actual historical examples that are not generously leavened with myth). But the simple thing is that women, historically, seldom fought their wars on the battlefields. And that is where modern fantasy writing often fails — it seldom provides a compelling reason to explain the presence of "gender equality" in imaginary worlds.
Kelts, Norse, Germanic....... scared the *hell* out of the Romans.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 23:49   Link #6118
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
So did the bagpipes...an instrument of war.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:04   Link #6119
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So did the bagpipes...an instrument of war.
and man in skirtsKilts
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:06   Link #6120
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
and man in skirtsKilts
They are called "ladies from hell".
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.