AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-22, 03:03   Link #261
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was drawn to the magazine on the Genoace II, I love magazines. I'm still disappointed in the design though. It's just the custom Genoace Woolf had in different colors. One thing I did take notice of with the Adele, is that it has shoulders similar to the Spallow.
Reminds me of a thought I had, I wonder if the designs of the Titus or the Spallow made it to the mass production stage.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 05:35   Link #262
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was drawn to the magazine on the Genoace II, I love magazines. I'm still disappointed in the design though. It's just the custom Genoace Woolf had in different colors. One thing I did take notice of with the Adele, is that it has shoulders similar to the Spallow.
If they're going to copy the Genoace Custom, the least they could do is find an original color scheme rather than copy pasting the Genoace's.

I'm disappointed with the G-II as well but the Adele makes up for it IMO, if it becomes a mass produced suit that is.

I also agree that it at least appears that DODS Rifle tech is becoming more commonplace.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 07:38   Link #263
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was drawn to the magazine on the Genoace II, I love magazines. I'm still disappointed in the design though. It's just the custom Genoace Woolf had in different colors. One thing I did take notice of with the Adele, is that it has shoulders similar to the Spallow.
yeah, the Genoace II is a dissapointment, but that makes me wonder about the Adele,maybe it's going to be a Diva Exclusive or something i mention below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If they're going to copy the Genoace Custom, the least they could do is find an original color scheme rather than copy pasting the Genoace's.

I'm disappointed with the G-II as well but the Adele makes up for it IMO, if it becomes a mass produced suit that is.

I also agree that it at least appears that DODS Rifle tech is becoming more commonplace.
Indeed, it feels like they took a lame and cheap route here, especially when it comes to the Gunpla part.

Then again, they might be doing something like GM > RGM, etc.

The old Genoace's gets refitted into Genoace 2's with Dods-esque rifles while the new production line is the Adele?

It seems plausible seeing how age is going for the " same same but different " attraction route, AGE-1(MSG) >AGE-2(Zeta) > AGE-3(Double Zeta) in terms of overall design.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 10:02   Link #264
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Hmm the wings can swept back when traveling supersonic speed.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 11:24   Link #265
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Hmm the wings can swept back when traveling supersonic speed.
The HG AGE-2 wings are on polycaps and attached to pegs...a forward swept wing configuration is also possible with such articulation. But gunpla designs does not necessarily translate to the anime; we still haven't seen the DODS pistol configuration nor the Genoace's beam sabers.

With that said, Age-2 Normal's design seems to be optimized for atmospheric maneuverability. Cool finned thrusters will perform (and look) better than the quad wings if speed was the goal. Does this mean Asem will be spending battle time on the Old Earth?
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 17:49   Link #266
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
The HG AGE-2 wings are on polycaps and attached to pegs...a forward swept wing configuration is also possible with such articulation. But gunpla designs does not necessarily translate to the anime; we still haven't seen the DODS pistol configuration nor the Genoace's beam sabers.

With that said, Age-2 Normal's design seems to be optimized for atmospheric maneuverability. Cool finned thrusters will perform (and look) better than the quad wings if speed was the goal. Does this mean Asem will be spending battle time on the Old Earth?
That's because they don't exist.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 18:30   Link #267
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Maybe Bandai just played it smart, odds are the Genoace 2 will have atleast .. one? Beam saber one can hope, they just tossed it into the Genoace kit aswell.

The Dods-pistol part is used by both the AGE-1,Adele and the Genoace 2 so, they put that piece to use (again)

tbh, i feel pretty dissapointed by the way Bandai took with the Genoace 2, as someone mentioned earlier they just changed the B plate a bit, that's really, really lame.

Or maybe they did a last-minute design change since apparently AGE kits havnt been selling nearly as much as they expected and reused old kit parts? who knows, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's because they don't exist.
True, same can be said about the GP-03's core fighter aswell though, but it's nice when they toss in extra pieces, if the Genoace can't be useful in the series we can give it a pity-saber to hold in model kit form
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 19:46   Link #268
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's because they don't exist.
You mean like Arche's Rifle?
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 19:54   Link #269
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Part-swapping for AGE-2's waist... Ugh. I should have seen that coming, but I guess my expectations were up since the only transformable model it right now is the Arios.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 20:53   Link #270
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You mean like Arche's Rifle?
That is different. Ali is swords man who loves close range combat. So it's easily understood why that weapon wasn't used when he was fighting the meisters.

However, when Largan fought the Baqto, he used a small blade that heats up. Totally ineffective. Now if the Genoace had a beam saber, I think he would of used it in that situation. But he didn't, he settled for something far more inferior.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 00:14   Link #271
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That is different. Ali is swords man who loves close range combat. So it's easily understood why that weapon wasn't used when he was fighting the meisters.

However, when Largan fought the Baqto, he used a small blade that heats up. Totally ineffective. Now if the Genoace had a beam saber, I think he would of used it in that situation. But he didn't, he settled for something far more inferior.
There are still four episodes left for the gunpla only weapons to show up. Largan might complain to Vargas and Mr. Mardonna to give him something useful against the UE atleast.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 05:45   Link #272
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
" Give me a beam saber, i'm sick of the Heat toothpick "
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:33   Link #273
jonli
JONLIの憂&#39
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You mean like Arche's Rifle?
Are you sure it wasn't used? I swear I remember him firing a couple shots when he was fighting against 00 and Seravee, or that one time he fought with 00Raiser.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 09:05   Link #274
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Are you sure it wasn't used? I swear I remember him firing a couple shots when he was fighting against 00 and Seravee, or that one time he fought with 00Raiser.
Those were his Fangs.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:37   Link #275
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011


New poses and Age-2 wingless.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:47   Link #276
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Man, the Adele looks great.

the Dorado? that purple UE looks more like a human in skintights and some body armor though
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:53   Link #277
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Mm, the Zedas R looks much better here than in those model kit pics. Not that it's much different from the original... Its colour scheme reminds me of the Masurao.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 19:06   Link #278
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The designs certainly look much sleeker and more interesting... Wonder how the Gen 3 suits look like?
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:10   Link #279
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The designs certainly look much sleeker and more interesting... Wonder how the Gen 3 suits look like?
Now, now, let's not think that far ahead... There'll probably be transformable grunt suits by then.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:14   Link #280
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
well, taking a look at AGE-3 its most likely going to be guns, guns, guns
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.