AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-24, 09:42   Link #101
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^Sorry, If I repeat myself ... but for what .It's not like that if Gai brings Mana back she fall for him.We already know (thank to Gai himself) that Mana choice Shu at that time (plus some flashbacks)unless he wants to get rid of Shu, but I don't think Mana would be so happy about that.
Mana will be revived, choose Shu... then that's when Gai will become an antagonist
rakusukira is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 10:15   Link #102
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
^ Make sense.Now that I think about it,I have a question, because I do not remember if it was said before .We know thanks to Gai that there are 3 void genome right? But Shu know about this?Or better they said this to him? No, because if he don't know about it.Is normal that at the end of this ep he was taken by suprise.(I know I can see the whole serie again ,but with the special ep on air the 3, which summarizes the whole thing about the first half and somenthing about the second half I aspect that ep.)
Soji is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 10:54   Link #103
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Well, actually this is the unrealistic storyline which is not my type but I think GC is entertaining enough.

Do you know that H@nairo's scenario was completely empty.
revive4563 is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 11:53   Link #104
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Shu royally messed up last time.
This time it's up to him to fix it.
Inori was pretty amazing with the song.
The ending was unexpected & surprising.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 12:19   Link #105
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Picked this back up to at least finish the first half. I'd say by Guilty Crown standards this is an exceptional episode in that it actually moves the plot forward and has the least amount of questionable plot events and character behavior in recent memory, but rest assured they're still there.

I'm curious what exactly we've seen from Dan that would warrant giving him a valiant sacrifice and what exactly we've seen from Segai that would warrant having him be the bad guy of the week that throws in with the coup by the antibodies. I guess one could argue he went off the deep end last episode, but then again you could also argue that it was American Dan that was portrayed as the most crazy when he was first introduced and that Segai came off as fairly normal and willing to bargain with Shu and just have a normal conversation. Again it just feels like the writers are selecting certain characters to carry out certain bits of dialogue each episode and ignoring however they acted before and it makes it very hard to see any character as stable and like they're progressing in sync with the series plotline.

Another example would be Sugar just being okay with Shu killing his brother despite being absolutely desperate to save him when he was first introduced. It's like it's just never even brought up and there's no attempt to try and get Shu to answer for it because right now the plot demands that they move forward and carry out this whole 2nd Lost Christmas arc. This mad rush leads to such stunning character interactions as Shu telling the group that he joined Funeral Parlor, a terrorist organization, because they believed in him and nobody asking for any further information. The whole believed in me thing is obviously a common cliche that works as a stop plug in many situations to explain character behavior and a shared sentiment, but it really doesn't work for this scenario. I'm sorry but that's not a good enough reason for somebody to justify being in a terrorist group, but this is Guilty Crown so of course it's accepted in favor of moving the plot along.

What else....oh yeah singing being the catch all that almost saves the day. Again singing has been shown to be a tide turner in shows like Macross, but there the effect is actually explained in each particular series and they usually go into some form of detail as to how it works and how the singing ties into the plot and the singer character arc. Here it's like it's just been introduced and like they could completely care less about giving the viewer a reason as to why Inori's singing is able to heal people. The assumption is that they'll get to explaining as with most things that happen in Guilty Crown, but honestly I'm not really holding my breath based on how long most things have gone in the show without being addressed to some degree and we only have 11 episodes left to deal with the rest of the plot so I'm not really seeing everything from the first 11 being addressed during that stretch. It's just irksome, like if they'd spend just a little less time trying to make every scene as desperately cool and cliche as possible and maybe just a little on fleshing the situation out I wouldn't feel that we have the successor to Star Driver on our hands in terms of just charging ahead with episodic plot-lines until it's time for the finale.

Still again by Guilty Crown standards this is probably the most complete episode since the very first one. Whether the next episode even follows up much on what happened here or just charges ahead again remains to be seen, but I'd definitely put my money on the latter.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 13:16   Link #106
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Ever since Minmei could sing pop songs to defeat aliens, anime has never been the same.

I guess...

- the singing helps Inori focus her vast technomagical psychokinetic powers.
- flashback episode!
- the Yuu guy kind of looks like Shu crossed with Gai...and he can draw VOIDS! Makes you think.

Predictions:
- Yuu is Shu's younger brother
- Gai is Shu and Yuu's father. He was rejuvenated by transfusing Inori's blood into himself.
- Gai is Kurosu Ouma
- Shu will recall the voids of his friends... because they "exist in his heart." I know it's cheesy but this is how this show rolls. He'll save Gai with the bandage void.
- Inori will awaken that "other her" she was talking about to save Shu
- might be too early for Shu to draw his own void out of himself...but it could happen.
- Shu will draw out Gai's void... guaranteed. He's not gonna die before we see it.


I don't think Gai wants Mana or the original Inori back. I think Gai is actually Kurosu. His wife took care of their kids and their friends. The women he's fighting for is his late wife. When the original Inori went berserk, his wife was killed. He's trying to atone for what he did. He blames himself and he's trying to fix it in the body of a young man.

Yuu is blonde with blue eyes and he sort of looks like Shu. I'm guessing Shu and Haruka looked like mom and Yuu looked like dad. I'm guessing Inori/Mana was Shuichiro's daughter/granddaughter. That is how they would all know each other and have powers. This would explain why Shuichiro wants Mana/Inori to awaken... wants his greatest creation and daughter to return to him. Bwahaha! Obsessed villain!

Why do I think Gai is Kurosu?
- took a fatal blow for Shu
- acts way too old and mature for his age
- knows way too much about GHQ, Void Genomes, the Anti-Bodies, Shu
- acts like he's repentant, beating himself over something
- acts like he has a long history with Shuichiro
- didn't bother look back at Haruka when she showed up
- has way too many foreign contacts for a 17 year old
- his second in command, Shinbugi, is 27.
- meets Shu at Kurosu's grave and it seemed like an unusually quirky scene, they discussed Haruka
- coddles Shu all the time


It seems like the Void Genome may only work on a few people. Shuichiro referred to Shu as being part of the plan to Haruka. Haruka freaked out when she found out Shu was with FP, the VG, and was with a pink haired girl. She put it all together. It seem Shu was meant to have it. If that's the case maybe people with his genes are supposed to have it. Maybe Gai is compatible with the power because he is Shu's father.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-12-24 at 13:46.
mechalord is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 13:49   Link #107
ipodi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
It appears that Guile Dan has been defeated and will now go home and become a family man. That is a pity.

Just when Shu decides to man up, Gai gets killed and Inori gets kidnapped. Can this kid ever catch a break?
ipodi is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 14:06   Link #108
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
It appears that Guile Dan has been defeated and will now go home and become a family man. That is a pity.

Just when Shu decides to man up, Gai gets killed and Inori gets kidnapped. Can this kid ever catch a break?
yes, same people say a 4 week one
endarion88 is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 14:28   Link #109
Xeones
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Like Kaioshin said... this episode was exellent for the standarts that Guilty Crown has shown so far. We got to finally see some character development (at least for the main characters) and some pretty interesting reactions by Darryl and Dan (the guy used an epic "falcon punch" to save Haruka... please God don't let him die).

Also, the "real enemy" finally was revealed... Although I felt that it was a bit to early for such apocalyptic event, it can be a very good tool to improve the overall quality of the show and develop the characters even further (always hoping for the best... that's me). Just hope they don't turn the second half of the show into some sort of "I need to save Inori" 11-episode saga.

I know some people may get angry at me for this... but honestly, I don't see neither Gai or Shu as good "leader-type" characters (I know that it's debatable, but that's my personal opinion). They both have leadership qualities (in their own way), but I've got to say: Yang Wenli and Reinhard, you guys are sadly missed.
Xeones is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 16:36   Link #110
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Ever since Minmei could sing pop songs to defeat aliens, anime has never been the same.

I guess...

- the singing helps Inori focus her vast technomagical psychokinetic powers.
- flashback episode!
- the Yuu guy kind of looks like Shu crossed with Gai...and he can draw VOIDS! Makes you think.

Predictions:
- Yuu is Shu's younger brother
- Gai is Shu and Yuu's father. He was rejuvenated by transfusing Inori's blood into himself.
- Gai is Kurosu Ouma
- Shu will recall the voids of his friends... because they "exist in his heart." I know it's cheesy but this is how this show rolls. He'll save Gai with the bandage void.
- Inori will awaken that "other her" she was talking about to save Shu
- might be too early for Shu to draw his own void out of himself...but it could happen.
- Shu will draw out Gai's void... guaranteed. He's not gonna die before we see it.


I don't think Gai wants Mana or the original Inori back. I think Gai is actually Kurosu. His wife took care of their kids and their friends. The women he's fighting for is his late wife. When the original Inori went berserk, his wife was killed. He's trying to atone for what he did. He blames himself and he's trying to fix it in the body of a young man.

Yuu is blonde with blue eyes and he sort of looks like Shu. I'm guessing Shu and Haruka looked like mom and Yuu looked like dad. I'm guessing Inori/Mana was Shuichiro's daughter/granddaughter. That is how they would all know each other and have powers. This would explain why Shuichiro wants Mana/Inori to awaken... wants his greatest creation and daughter to return to him. Bwahaha! Obsessed villain!

Why do I think Gai is Kurosu?
- took a fatal blow for Shu
- acts way too old and mature for his age
- knows way too much about GHQ, Void Genomes, the Anti-Bodies, Shu
- acts like he's repentant, beating himself over something
- acts like he has a long history with Shuichiro
- didn't bother look back at Haruka when she showed up
- has way too many foreign contacts for a 17 year old
- his second in command, Shinbugi, is 27.
- meets Shu at Kurosu's grave and it seemed like an unusually quirky scene, they discussed Haruka
- coddles Shu all the time


It seems like the Void Genome may only work on a few people. Shuichiro referred to Shu as being part of the plan to Haruka. Haruka freaked out when she found out Shu was with FP, the VG, and was with a pink haired girl. She put it all together. It seem Shu was meant to have it. If that's the case maybe people with his genes are supposed to have it. Maybe Gai is compatible with the power because he is Shu's father.
On some level I can't help but think you're thinking way to hard about this and that really the second half isn't going to be all that much less underwhelming on the exposition side. A part of me thinks that if they were capable of tying things together they would have started doing it by now and that what we get as an explanation for most things from here on out will leave more than a little to be desired.

My stance is I'll speculate more about where the showing is going if and when it actually starts to go places for a few episodes in a row.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 17:40   Link #111
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
Just hope they don't turn the second half of the show into some sort of "I need to save Inori" 11-episode saga.

I know some people may get angry at me for this... but honestly, I don't see neither Gai or Shu as good "leader-type" characters (I know that it's debatable, but that's my personal opinion). They both have leadership qualities (in their own way), but I've got to say: Yang Wenli and Reinhard, you guys are sadly missed.
So I'm not the only one to fear this Hopefully they will not do this.Another thing that I hope is that that boy does not make somehow Inori his slave,Beacuse for a day Shu has had enough bad news.Though I wonder how it will save Inori afterall Shu at to deal with her void and honestly I doubt that among his friends there is a void that can compete with that of Inori even in the basic form.At least that Mana don't decided to make another "Deux ex Machina"maybe after that he remembers her.But seriously ,I do not know how he'll manage since the situation is dire after the end of this episode. For the last part of your post I understand what you mean and I think it would be better if both of them did the Leader thing, as it seems they can complement each other in that (this is my opinion anyway)... obviously always if Gai survives to this

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-24 at 18:05.
Soji is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 18:11   Link #112
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
So I'm not the only one to fear this Hopefully they will not do this.Another thing that I hope is that that boy does not make somehow Inori his slave,Beacuse for a day Shu has had enough bad news.Though I wonder how it will save Inori afterall Shu at to deal with her void and honestly I doubt that among his friends there is a void that can compete with that of Inori even in the basic form.At least that Mana don't decided to make another "Deux ex Machina"maybe after that he remembers her.But seriously ,I do not know how he'll manage since the situation is dire after the end of this episode. For the last part of your post I understand what you mean and I think it would be better if both of them did the Ledear thing, as it seems they can complement each other in that (this is my opinion anyway)... obviously always if Gai survives to this
You guys have nothing to worry about, Guilty Crown is not the kind of series that drags on specific story arcs. And there is a void Shu can use against the new enemy to save Inori: Gai's.
dark998 is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 18:27   Link #113
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
You guys have nothing to worry about, Guilty Crown is not the kind of series that drags on specific story arcs. And there is a void Shu can use against the new enemy to save Inori: Gai's.
And I would say lucky for us, but with the ep end in a serious way like that the doubt / thought come in mind.I thought about that possibility ,especially with Gai being the only one with Shu at the moment and it would seem logical thing to think. The issue is we don't know if Gai is still alive or only faint and we don't know what would happen if Shu tries to pull out Gai void now that it is hurt so badly.Not to mention that we do not know why that other void user wanted Inori Void and take Inori herself with him.
Soji is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 20:16   Link #114
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
You guys have nothing to worry about, Guilty Crown is not the kind of series that drags on specific story arcs. And there is a void Shu can use against the new enemy to save Inori: Gai's.
If he's dead...can you use a dead person's Void? Actually what happens if you try to draw it from a corpse I wonder...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 20:49   Link #115
Funkatron
King of the Castle
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via Skype™ to Funkatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If he's dead...can you use a dead person's Void? Actually what happens if you try to draw it from a corpse I wonder...
It's possible that drawing Gai's void will either save his life or prolong it a bit: you could speculate that drawing out a void puts the drawee in suspended animation, maybe
Funkatron is offline  
Old 2011-12-24, 23:04   Link #116
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
No way Gai's going to die. Someone's prob got the smelling salts ready for Hare.

Shu: Hare, wake up!
Hare: Shu....
Shu: Sorry to do this, Hare. Good night again! *Whips out her Void. Hare passes out again.*

Blond guy should be killed for ruining a touching Shu x Inori reunion scene.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2011-12-25, 01:27   Link #117
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
On some level I can't help but think you're thinking way to hard about this and that really the second half isn't going to be all that much less underwhelming on the exposition side. A part of me thinks that if they were capable of tying things together they would have started doing it by now and that what we get as an explanation for most things from here on out will leave more than a little to be desired.

My stance is I'll speculate more about where the showing is going if and when it actually starts to go places for a few episodes in a row.

I think they've been holding back because they want the "big twists" about the main characters to have some huge impact. Too bad they did a bad job hiding that fact that a big revelation and twist is supposed to happen.

Shu's importance in the big picture has both been downplayed and overplayed.

I think this series has a similar pacing to Darker than Black. It took a while for the main plot elements to make themselves clear in that one. DtB just had a different ambiance to this and wasn't as melodramatic.


I still like this series. I want to keep on watching to see what happens next, what the hell is really going on.



As for the nature of Gai. Yoshino has written characters that are older than they look... particularly CC and VV. Crazy parents was a theme of Code Geass, too.

Gai sort of reminds me of CC. He's mature for his appearance and seems to hide many secrets. He also seems to share a history with the current main antagonist... Shuichiro.

Shuichiro is sort of acting like Charles. Charles had Ragnarok, Shuichiro has Mana and the River of Lamentation.




Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No way Gai's going to die. Someone's prob got the smelling salts ready for Hare.

Shu: Hare, wake up!
Hare: Shu....
Shu: Sorry to do this, Hare. Good night again! *Whips out her Void. Hare passes out again.*

Blond guy should be killed for ruining a touching Shu x Inori reunion scene.

Gai has been dosing himself with Inori's blood. Inori has super powers and a super healing factor. Some of her resilience has sort of rubbed off on Gai as he's shown extremely high agility, strength, endurance, and hand-eye coordination. He also survived the Leukocyte space laser with very few scratches.

The nature of the apocalypse virus also seems to speed up cell regeneration...

Hare's void genome is also particularly convenient. . .

His survival is highly possible.
mechalord is offline  
Old 2011-12-25, 08:21   Link #118
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
I have to admit the next episode is the one that I want to see the most.Especially since I have the feeling that our Shu will finally remember his past, after all the next ep is called the lost Christmas.talking about the ep ,I found the translation of what appears Shu says in the preview . I do not know how accurate it is but ,I put the translation the same.
Spoiler for transaltion:
Come to think of , Shu that regains his memories and the truth about that fateful day and the truth about Mana. Would explain the change in the op and Ed that we already know will be from the next ep onward.

Any way merry christmas guys.
Soji is offline  
Old 2011-12-25, 09:17   Link #119
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
well, the pieces of the puzzle are all in place at the end of episode 11. we have Haruka and Gai... and with Inori captured, Shu will be more curious why all those things transpired..

I got a gut feeling that the "other" boy in the picture was not actually Gai but that new dude with the King's power..

but Gai being the "other" boy would make perfect sense since he somehow knows who "Mana" is.. I have a gut feeling that..

Spoiler for :):
rakusukira is offline  
Old 2011-12-25, 11:45   Link #120
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
well, the pieces of the puzzle are all in place at the end of episode 11. we have Haruka and Gai... and with Inori captured, Shu will be more curious why all those things transpired..

I got a gut feeling that the "other" boy in the picture was not actually Gai but that new dude with the King's power..

but Gai being the "other" boy would make perfect sense since he somehow knows who "Mana" is.. I have a gut feeling that..

Spoiler for :):
Yeah, all the pieces are present to get the answers we want from the beginning of the anime.One thing that I noticed is that the opening and ending in some way reflects the content of the anime.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.