AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-16, 17:31   Link #7721
Pong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Of course, it's possible that if Negi is thinking about Asuna, it's because he's more concerned about her being sealed away for 100 years (with said thought being mistaken for "Negi loves Asuna" by the rest of the students).

Even if that's the case, it's still dumb to drag this type of storyline out to an arc, given how the last two times we had cases of mistaken love (Negi asking Ku Fei to train him, Negi asking Asuna to join him in his trip to the Magic World) only lasted a chapter at most.
To be fair, now the situation is much more serious than those time, so that'a may be why it takes longer to resolve.

Quote:
Finally, in terms of actual pairings, while I can see Asuna as Negi's partner in magic, I also would rather see Nodoka as Negi's partner in love, as they are so cute together (not to mention the fact that a Negi/Asuna romantic ending would be boring).

Asuna will definietly become Negi's pernament partner, I think that much really isn't up to disscuion.

I honestly have feeling that Nodoka chances are slim. She basically shoot herself in the foot by conffesing so early. If Negi choose her it would come off really undramatic. Not to mention that since the conffesion there wasn't really all that much development between them. Sure they went on a date once but they don't seem to be much closer now than they were say before School Festival arc.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 18:33   Link #7722
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
I honestly have feeling that Nodoka chances are slim. She basically shoot herself in the foot by conffesing so early. If Negi choose her it would come off really undramatic. Not to mention that since the conffesion there wasn't really all that much development between them. Sure they went on a date once but they don't seem to be much closer now than they were say before School Festival arc.
(sigh)

There's so things that I have to say in response to it:

First, Nodoka pretty much confessed her love to Negi a second time during the Mahora Festival, and it's obvious that this confession is on Negi's mind, as I'll get to during my third counterpoint.

Second, there's two main reasons why you haven't seen any development:

1. Nodoka is not the only girl here, as there's other girls in Negima that are interested in Negi, with most of them nowhere as close to where Nodoka is in terms of her connection with Negi (which could also explain why we haven't seen her in the Sports Festival event yet).

2. Negi doesn't have to give her response to Nodoka's second love confession until graduation. Thus, there's plenty of time for this to develop.

Finally, just because we haven't seen any "development" in the Negi/Nodoka pairing doesn't mean there's hints about it. The following is some examples from the post-Tournament portion of the Mahora Festival arc to the end of the Magic World arc:
Spoiler:

Need I say anymore?

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-17 at 11:22.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 18:41   Link #7723
ellifeedn
Thinker

In the end, a lot of girls will become dissapointed as Negi won't be the one for them. Can we agree on that?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:39   Link #7724
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for ch 347:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 02:31   Link #7725
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush Send a message via Skype™ to Kurush
Quote:
Spoiler:

Need I say anymore?
No, but you need be corrected, I'm afraid.

Spoiler:

Though the way I see this, it's mostly the two of them having a looping Rescue Romance with the two saving one another.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:49   Link #7726
Shadow5YA

Much better translation by RHS. It looks like they're just confirming what Negi told the cheerleaders that he does have a favorite.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 12:42   Link #7727
Giriath

The thing that irks me the most in these recent chapters is how everyone-including Negi himself-behaves as if Yuna's bullets made him temporarily revert to "human". It would be nonsensical if his newly acquired immortality, physical strength and regenerative abilities were so fickle. It could indeed be argued that even if Magia Erebia is an innate part of his body now, like the ability to channel and manipulate Ki or other magical energies, the bullets' sealing effect would make him unable to do so.

However, that should not alter the permanent alterations it has already done to his body.
Giriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 14:37   Link #7728
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
The thing that irks me the most in these recent chapters is how everyone-including Negi himself-behaves as if Yuna's bullets made him temporarily revert to "human". It would be nonsensical if his newly acquired immortality, physical strength and regenerative abilities were so fickle. It could indeed be argued that even if Magia Erebia is an innate part of his body now, like the ability to channel and manipulate Ki or other magical energies, the bullets' sealing effect would make him unable to do so.

However, that should not alter the permanent alterations it has already done to his body.
I hope people don't forget the fact that Evangeline is not human. And when she has zero magic, she is just as weak as a mere human, notwithstanding the fact that she is not a human.
Old 2011-12-22, 22:22   Link #7729
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

A spoiler pic for chapter 348 is out.
Spoiler for 348:
Old 2011-12-24, 11:01   Link #7730
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Negima ch.348:

Spoiler:

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 23:23   Link #7731
Shadow5YA

FATALITY

Seriously, this is dragging out for way too long now. I just want this hunt to be over with already.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 03:01   Link #7732
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

I think this gonna be over after 2-3 more chapters...with probably the last one being delayed by the usual Akamatsu's break, leaving us with a cliffhanger

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 03:03   Link #7733
ChronoReverse

Eh, I'm finding this hilarious. You need breather arcs between action.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 04:38   Link #7734
Naoe Yamato

Oh... a pactio with Akira, I was waiting for this a lot!!!
Chamo is fantastic like always: "well, putting that aside you too should smooch". A really good move!
Old 2011-12-25, 06:51   Link #7735
TheCuriousFan

Negi really should have used Perpetual Lightning Form and/or Wind Arrows to run away this chapter.....
TheCuriousFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 06:53   Link #7736
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCuriousFan View Post
Negi really should have used Perpetual Lightning Form and/or Wind Arrows to run away this chapter.....
I thought.....
Spoiler for Wait a sec:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 07:07   Link #7737
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush Send a message via Skype™ to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I thought.....
Spoiler for Wait a sec:
It was. Yuuna used her magic artifact to fire nullifying bullets at him.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 07:14   Link #7738
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
It was. Yuuna used her magic artifact to fire nullifying bullets at him.
Yeah I know, just saying.

Anyway, I'm loving this arc. After that very long and serious Magic World, I rather have a long detour. Chisame says it the best: "They wanted to bring you back here. To the daily life here at Mahora Academy. So you can do stupid things with your friends or think about whom you like..... That sort of pointless daily life."

Spoken as a true riajuu. That's why I love her
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 11:47   Link #7739
AstroNerdBoy

If I have the correct schedule, we scored this chapter over a week before it will be published in Japan since Weekly Shounen Magazine isn't being published this week, meaning 348 is out next week (January 4) in Japan.

Still, it is a good chapter with a lot of win in it.
Old 2011-12-25, 12:29   Link #7740
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Seriously, this is dragging out for way too long now. I just want this hunt to be over with already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think this gonna be over after 2-3 more chapters...with probably the last one being delayed by the usual Akamatsu's break, leaving us with a cliffhanger
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this arc ends in the next chapter. Two reasons for it:

1. I've said it once and I'll say it again: unless Ken Akamatsu seriously has no clue as to where to go next in terms of the story (I hope not, as this breather was a disaster IMO ), I really think the whole reason why this storyline is even taking place is because Ken Akamatsu likes to delay the "good stuff" until a milestone chapter, with the next one being two chapters away.

2. Face it, 3-A's plan is pretty much falling apart at this point; Nodoka and Yue have shown their true colors and are siding with Negi instead the rest of the class; those that fell victim to the Natsumi/Kaede sneak attack have escaped; and Akira's about to Pactio with Negi. It's more than likely that chapter 349 is going to be the end of the arc, with 3-A getting the beating they deserved for even considering this dumb event.

EDIT: AstroNerdBoy, the chapter is indeed coming out this week, only on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-25 at 22:03.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy