AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-30, 15:21   Link #561
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
Wow ok... I didn't know Jap HS starts in April... But does this applies to their elementary schools as well? Since Mio and Ritsu went into the same class since they were in elementary... so i assumed they were born in the same year? ._.
Yes, it goes for any school year.

Let's assume the first season starts at the same time as it was aired: 2009.

If Mio becomes 15 on January 15, 2009, that means her DoB (date of birth) is January 15, 1994. This means the three other girls are from 1993 (they become 16, if you recall).

Quote:
So technically saying, Mio is actually a year ahead of her year's. So she should be in the same year as Ui and Azusa so she's... Just one month older than Ui. o_o wow.
No,

If we assume that Yui's DoB is November 27, 1993, Ui's DoB has to be February 2, 1995. If she was born in 1994, she'd be merely a month younger than Mio and be in the same class as her. Since she's not, she's at least a full year younger, so a year and a month (or 13 months).

As for Azusa, we know her BD is on November 11, that she's a year behind the others and that she's 15 when she enters HS (in 2010 – assuming she never skipped a grade). This puts her DoB at November 11, 1994, which means that she's only 10 months younger than Mio, and 3 months older than Ui.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2011-12-30, 17:00   Link #562
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
It be funny if Ui was born in 1994...only because the only way that would be possible would be if she and Yui were twins, but somehow Yui was born just over two months early. How is that possible? Generally, it should not be possible.

Therefore Ui had to be born in 1995.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-12-30, 17:24   Link #563
Blossom550
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Blossom550
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%...BA%BA%E7%89%A9

here's more info about their birthdays
Blossom550 is offline  
Old 2011-12-31, 00:06   Link #564
kaitok
Inspired Musician
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Afterlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yes, it goes for any school year.

Let's assume the first season starts at the same time as it was aired: 2009.

If Mio becomes 15 on January 15, 2009, that means her DoB (date of birth) is January 15, 1994. This means the three other girls are from 1993 (they become 16, if you recall).

No,

If we assume that Yui's DoB is November 27, 1993, Ui's DoB has to be February 2, 1995. If she was born in 1994, she'd be merely a month younger than Mio and be in the same class as her. Since she's not, she's at least a full year younger, so a year and a month (or 13 months).

As for Azusa, we know her BD is on November 11, that she's a year behind the others and that she's 15 when she enters HS (in 2010 assuming she never skipped a grade). This puts her DoB at November 11, 1994, which means that she's only 10 months younger than Mio, and 3 months older than Ui.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It be funny if Ui was born in 1994...only because the only way that would be possible would be if she and Yui were twins, but somehow Yui was born just over two months early. How is that possible? Generally, it should not be possible.

Therefore Ui had to be born in 1995.
Ahh ok. Got it already. Thanks for replying me! Didnt thought about it that far and about the 2 months gap between Yui and Ui. Thanks so much!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom550 View Post
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%...BA%BA%E7%89%A9

here's more info about their birthdays
Would really love to read it but it's in Japanese. I can't read Jap. ._. thanks anyway.
__________________
kaitok is offline  
Old 2011-12-31, 00:45   Link #565
winhlp32
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Regarding the time period and birthdays in K-On!(in manga, not anime):

Firstly, school year in Japan goes from April of one year to March of the coming year.
e.g. 2007-4 to 2008-3 is one school year.

Remember at the beginning of volume 3 those color pages chapter(wasn't serialized in the magazine) when Yui and the girls go to the shrine for New Years? You'll recall that Ritsu received New Years Greeting cards from the other girls. Azusa's, Yui's and Mio's cards all had cows on it, meaning they were welcoming 2009, the year of the Cow according to Chinese Zodiac. At this time they were 2nd years(They became 3rd years a few chapters later, where the anime Season 2 Episode 1 starts).

For a more concrete evidence, in the final graduation chapter in volume 4, after the girls left, Azusa was along in the club room looking at the photo album, specifically looking at a picture of Yui and the girls graduating. Under the picture it clearly says "March 2010".

What this adds up to is that,
Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Mugi entered the school in 2007 April (Incidentally, the manga started in the 2007 May issue, which was released also in 2007 April) when they were 15.
Azusa, Ui, Jun, entered the school in April 2008.

So the birthdays Japan Wikipedia listed, while not canon, does make sense:
Yui: 1991-11-27
Mio: 1992-1-15
Ritsu: 1991-8-21
Mugi: 1991-7-2
Azusa: 1992-11-11
Ui: 1993-2-22
Nodoka: 1991-12-26
Sawako: 1984-1-31
__________________
            |
   \  ( ^p^ )/
      ̄ ̄ /
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline  
Old 2011-12-31, 00:59   Link #566
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom550 View Post
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%...BA%BA%E7%89%A9

here's more info about their birthdays
Interesting. The DoBs are two years earlier than I calculated, meaning the show starts in 2007 and follows the manga timeline.

BTW, for those interested, here are the official DoB's:

Yui: November 22, 1991
Mio: January 15, 1992
Ritsu: August 21, 1991
Mugi: July 2, 1991
Azusa: November 11, 1992
Sawako: January 31, 1984 (meaning she's 23 when the show starts)
Nodoka: December 26, 1991
Ui: February 22, 1993
Jun's DoB is not listed.

Thus, the theory that Mio is younger than any of her bandmates (with the exception of Azusa) is true.
__________________

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2011-12-31 at 01:14.
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2011-12-31, 01:05   Link #567
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
You'd think there would be a mention someplace if Yui and Azusa had the same birthday (just a year apart).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-12-31, 01:15   Link #568
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You'd think there would be a mention someplace if Yui and Azusa had the same birthday (just a year apart).
Heh, I guess I didn't see that typo. It's been fixed now.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 05:32   Link #569
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
This might seem like a silly question, but here goes...
Has there actually been any instance where Yui has been angry? I don't think we've ever seen her angry at all.

(Well, I would imagine an angry Yui would sound alot like Fam Fan Fan, who is also voiced by Aki Toyosaki)
__________________
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 06:58   Link #570
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
This might seem like a silly question, but here goes...
Has there actually been any instance where Yui has been angry? I don't think we've ever seen her angry at all.

(Well, I would imagine an angry Yui would sound alot like Fam Fan Fan, who is also voiced by Aki Toyosaki)
How about s2 episode 14?
The one when Nodoka ate Yui's strawberry. She might not look like being angry, though but I believe she was quite angry since she pretty much pushed Nodoka.
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 08:52   Link #571
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
How about s2 episode 14?
The one when Nodoka ate Yui's strawberry. She might not look like being angry, though but I believe she was quite angry since she pretty much pushed Nodoka.
hmmm, she looks more "confused" and shocked, rather than angry. heck if Yui were to be angry at Nodoka for eating the strawberry on her cake, she would at least use a higher tone voice, or one with more "authority" like the voice of Fam Fan Fan. but she didn't (at least, that was the scene portrayed at the anime, i haven't read the manga yet, or any part of it. i guess i'm just too lazy).


about the birthdays, it would seem that Mio is only a couple of months older than me, and we could be in the same batch, i mean, they would be on the same year level as i am (if i were in the anime, or if they were real). i don't really have a problem in dating older women XD.
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 11:15   Link #572
kaitok
Inspired Musician
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Afterlife
Yui getting angry... I could only think of that strawberry scene... But if you mean determination look she actually have a few. the most distinct 'frown' is when she and ritsu went on with the "Japanese language over English language" pledge. LOL.

I guess this question could be asked on Mugi too. I cant recall any time she's angry ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
about the birthdays, it would seem that Mio is only a couple of months older than me, and we could be in the same batch, i mean, they would be on the same year level as i am (if i were in the anime, or if they were real). i don't really have a problem in dating older women XD.
that means we belong to the same year too! but i'll be in azusa's batch and gahhh knowing ritsu's just 1 year older than me now is not good.

Spoiler for :


btw read the manga when you're free. it's really good. it has so many scenes that could become episodes in the anime but didnt.

Spoiler for :
__________________
kaitok is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 11:30   Link #573
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
I guess this question could be asked on Mugi too. I cant recall any time she's angry ._.
Not in the anime, no, but she did give her butler an earful in the manga...
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 12:57   Link #574
kaitok
Inspired Musician
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Afterlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Not in the anime, no, but she did give her butler an earful in the manga...
the manga... which scene was that? i've read the manga but cant rmb much about it.

now that you mention it, i rmb she was pretty fierce over the phone in the anime. when the girls went for one of the camps by the beach and there was a boat passing by, mugi scolded whoever arranged it over the phone... xD
__________________
kaitok is offline  
Old 2012-01-01, 15:33   Link #575
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
the manga... which scene was that? i've read the manga but cant rmb much about it.

now that you mention it, i rmb she was pretty fierce over the phone in the anime. when the girls went for one of the camps by the beach and there was a boat passing by, mugi scolded whoever arranged it over the phone... xD
Volume 2, chapter 5, page 4 (page 44 if you go by the official release). Mio is talking to Mugi on the phone, when her butler interrupts her. Mugi's response to him makes Mio remind herself not to make her angry.

Edit: as for Yui getting truly angry, I don't really recall a scene like that. The strawberry incident came close, but I think she was more in shock than angry at the time.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2012-01-02, 07:57   Link #576
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hmmm, she looks more "confused" and shocked, rather than angry. heck if Yui were to be angry at Nodoka for eating the strawberry on her cake, she would at least use a higher tone voice, or one with more "authority" like the voice of Fam Fan Fan. but she didn't (at least, that was the scene portrayed at the anime, i haven't read the manga yet, or any part of it. i guess i'm just too lazy).


about the birthdays, it would seem that Mio is only a couple of months older than me, and we could be in the same batch, i mean, they would be on the same year level as i am (if i were in the anime, or if they were real). i don't really have a problem in dating older women XD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
Yui getting angry... I could only think of that strawberry scene... But if you mean determination look she actually have a few. the most distinct 'frown' is when she and ritsu went on with the "Japanese language over English language" pledge. LOL.

I guess this question could be asked on Mugi too. I cant recall any time she's angry ._.



that means we belong to the same year too! but i'll be in azusa's batch and gahhh knowing ritsu's just 1 year older than me now is not good.

Spoiler for :


btw read the manga when you're free. it's really good. it has so many scenes that could become episodes in the anime but didnt.

Spoiler for :

wait how old are you guys? mind blown. Aki voiced Fam from Last Exile O,o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Volume 2, chapter 5, page 4 (page 44 if you go by the official release). Mio is talking to Mugi on the phone, when her butler interrupts her. Mugi's response to him makes Mio remind herself not to make her angry.

Edit: as for Yui getting truly angry, I don't really recall a scene like that. The strawberry incident came close, but I think she was more in shock than angry at the time.
for some reason I think Mugi purposely did that too have a or experiences a "typical teen moment' pulling the act, for example there was one moment in the anime when she cancelled her plans just to go out on a normal day to hang with Ritsu. idk just a thought lol
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-01-02 at 08:53.
Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2012-01-02, 15:43   Link #577
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
wait how old are you guys? mind blown. Aki voiced Fam from Last Exile O,o
Born in '88. I'm turning 24 next month.
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline  
Old 2012-01-02, 17:34   Link #578
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
for some reason I think Mugi purposely did that too have a or experiences a "typical teen moment' pulling the act, for example there was one moment in the anime when she cancelled her plans just to go out on a normal day to hang with Ritsu. idk just a thought lol
I don't really think so. There's other evidence that suggests that Mugi may not always be as kind and mellow as she appears to be.

Volume 2, page 69. When Yui says that she doesn't have money to pay for her guitar's reparation bill, Mugi gives the store clerk a stare that apparently terrifies him, prompting him to scrap the bill.

This tells me that there's a side to Mugi she never shows to her friends (either because she doesn't want to get angry with the, or they simply don't offend her to such extreme extent, if at all).
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2012-01-02, 17:41   Link #579
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Sumire is about the only key we have to "true" Mugi. And even now we can't quite get a clear picture of Tsumugi "ojousama" due to "onee-chan" issues.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-01-02, 19:05   Link #580
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
wait how old are you guys? mind blown. Aki voiced Fam from Last Exile O,o
Almost 20. My birthday is a few weeks earlier than Mio's.
And yes, she did voice Fam Fan Fan, who can be described as a genius sky pirate who lacks experience, makes rash decisions, and has a brutal and honest tongue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
for some reason I think Mugi purposely did that too have a or experiences a "typical teen moment' pulling the act, for example there was one moment in the anime when she cancelled her plans just to go out on a normal day to hang with Ritsu. idk just a thought lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't really think so. There's other evidence that suggests that Mugi may not always be as kind and mellow as she appears to be.

Volume 2, page 69. When Yui says that she doesn't have money to pay for her guitar's reparation bill, Mugi gives the store clerk a stare that apparently terrifies him, prompting him to scrap the bill.

This tells me that there's a side to Mugi she never shows to her friends (either because she doesn't want to get angry with the, or they simply don't offend her to such extreme extent, if at all).
It was indeed stated in the first season's character cards that Mugi has a strict mistress side to her that isn't shown to anyone at school. I think she enjoys her more "normal" lifestyle far too much to ever show this side to her friends unless she really needed to (as you've shown in that example).
All in all, considering her desire to live a more normal life, I guess it can be said her kindness and selflessness (i.e. the side of Mugi we mostly see) are extended from this desire.
__________________
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.