AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-31, 10:06   Link #4701
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
And Shana's origin too.
I've been wondering how can she (as the vessel) is able to store Alastor (the God) and has more space left. O_o

Hope the author gives us the answer in SIII.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 14:52   Link #4702
SnS4Eva
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Spoiler for Satou:
SnS4Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 01:08   Link #4703
FritzC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
For S2, Sabrac's mini arc was done rather nicely,no?

Eternal song, in terms of quality for a manga, is just...impossible to describe. So detailed T.T Yeah, should be made into a movie. Not that most Shana fans will care, they will be like, "where's my Shana?"
I enjoy SnS solely because of Shana and Yuji.

What's wrong with that?...
-_-

Last edited by FritzC; 2012-01-01 at 01:34.
FritzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:09   Link #4704
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chireiden
Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzC View Post
I enjoy SnS solely because of Shana and Yuji.

What's wrong with that?...
-_-
Nothing at all, kind sir. Merely personal opinion that if you read the novels, you will find a lot more than you normally will in the world of Shana. It changes your perception drastically, I guess.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 08:05   Link #4705
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Well not every LN can have the fortune of getting picked up by a studio like Sunrise and giving the thorough treatment it deserves (Looking at you Horizon...)
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 11:29   Link #4706
FritzC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
Nothing at all, kind sir. Merely personal opinion that if you read the novels, you will find a lot more than you normally will in the world of Shana. It changes your perception drastically, I guess.
Maybe, but I just tend to get attached to main characters and annoyed by side characters. I dunno why, but I've always been like that.

Anyways, I can't read the novels, can't read Japanese. I don't have a few years to learn and get to a Light Novel level either unfortunately. Life is busy.
FritzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:45   Link #4707
genryu_black
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
is there someone here beside teh_ping who also translate shana's novel?
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 08:55   Link #4708
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
Cosmic Eagle? Csmith400?
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 02:26   Link #4709
Senshigeia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lusitania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS4Eva View Post
Spoiler for Satou:
Maybe she's waiting for him to get a little older, and then move to this new world?? Bah, I don't know...
__________________


Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 07:10   Link #4710
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Cosmic Eagle? Csmith400?
No....it will be practically you regardless of anything else, since your the public face and tank for everything that comes this way
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:50   Link #4711
Mad_Scientist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hey all, first post here.

I have fairly recently become aware of some of the differences between the Light Novels and the anime adaption, which makes me quite sad that Viz seems to have abandoned the novels. Anyways, in my attempts to learn more about how the anime changed things, I learned quite a bit more. I found out how the Light Novels end. Oops. Oh well, nothing to do about that now.

But this brings up a question in my mind. Given the true nature of the Snake of the Festival's plan, I have to wonder why he didn't just tell Shana and the other Flame Hazes about it all much sooner. Yah, they might not all agree, they might distrust him or think the plan too risky, etc, but surely some would hesitate. Actually, from what I understand, don't most of the Flame Hazes retreat once they learn what Snake of the Festival is really up to?

And I think Yuji would really want Shana at least to know what his goals were. So, was it ever explained in the Light Novels why he waited as long as he did?
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 06:05   Link #4712
Senshigeia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lusitania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post

I have fairly recently become aware of some of the differences between the Light Novels and the anime adaption, which makes me quite sad that Viz seems to have abandoned the novels. Anyways, in my attempts to learn more about how the anime changed things, I learned quite a bit more. I found out how the Light Novels end. Oops. Oh well, nothing to do about that now.
Same here. Join the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
But this brings up a question in my mind. Given the true nature of the Snake of the Festival's plan, I have to wonder why he didn't just tell Shana and the other Flame Hazes about it all much sooner. Yah, they might not all agree, they might distrust him or think the plan too risky, etc, but surely some would hesitate. Actually, from what I understand, don't most of the Flame Hazes retreat once they learn what Snake of the Festival is really up to?
Well, as far as I know, the main goal of a Flame Haze is to maintain the balance in the world. SnH's plan is WAY too risky for all of them to agree, but some of the Flame Hazes are "enchanted" by this new dream world and loose their will of fighting (as Margery almost did in episode 4, but at that moment she remembered another reason for her to live - Satou). If a Flame Haze looses her fighting hunger, he/she disappears - faces annihilation.
I am not 100% sure about this, but at least it's what I think. Anyway, any Flame Haze who wants to keep the balance will fight SnH, whatever what - and this is what Shana wants to do, as a Flame Haze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
And I think Yuji would really want Shana at least to know what his goals were. So, was it ever explained in the Light Novels why he waited as long as he did?
His plan has several stages. To make his plan known to all he had to release SnH's original body first, to have full power. But then again I'm not sure about this.
__________________


Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:04   Link #4713
edgelesspigeon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I thought about why Yuji didn't tell Shana about his plans earlier either, but then again, considering how devoted the Flame Haze were to the balance, telling them would not have made a difference, or would have made it easier to stop him if they knew his plans ahead of time. Telling Shana, "I need you to trust me on this. I have a plan to save the world, and it involves working with our archenemies Bal Masqué, who have tried to kill us numerous times. The plan hinges on me releasing the Flame Haze's most powerful adversary from his ancient prison" does not seem like a recipe for success.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 10:29   Link #4714
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
I thought about why Yuji didn't tell Shana about his plans earlier either, but then again, considering how devoted the Flame Haze were to the balance, telling them would not have made a difference, or would have made it easier to stop him if they knew his plans ahead of time. Telling Shana, "I need you to trust me on this. I have a plan to save the world, and it involves working with our archenemies Bal Masqué, who have tried to kill us numerous times. The plan hinges on me releasing the Flame Haze's most powerful adversary from his ancient prison" does not seem like a recipe for success.
Correct sir! The reason Yuji had to keep his plan a secret was because Shana as a Flame Haze is honor bond to stop him.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:11   Link #4715
ToHell
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hello Guys, i have one Question regarding Alastor

Spoiler:



Sorry for my English
ToHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 22:59   Link #4716
redflame
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToHell View Post
Hello Guys, i have one Question regarding Alastor

Spoiler:



Sorry for my English
Alastor is still with Shana and shes still a flame haze. I don't know about Yuji.

I'm sorry if this answer wasn't the one you're asking for though.
__________________
redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:19   Link #4717
elleinad00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
Spoiler for Question: I really don't get this part of Vol. 22 epilogue:


what does that mean.... why would someone want to take his life?? after the creation of the new world does everyone knows him and what he did??
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:21   Link #4718
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Undoubtedly. And it's implied that not everyone would be happy with the creation of Xanadu and that there'd still be a need for Flame Hazes.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:58   Link #4719
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad00 View Post
Spoiler for Question: I really don't get this part of Vol. 22 epilogue:


what does that mean.... why would someone want to take his life?? after the creation of the new world does everyone knows him and what he did??
To quote Mr. Smith from the Matrix, when the Machines tried to make a perfect world, the people rejected it. People just can't accept a world where everything works out. There's gotta be flaws and crap.

At least that's how I see it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 02:29   Link #4720
edgelesspigeon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
According to teh_ping, Yuji still has his abilities. I asked similar question, and teh_ping responded with: "Until it gets translated, until it gets translated. All I can say is that Yuji still has them (and more). The only thing he lost was his intuition. Everyone else was fine."
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.