AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 16:28   Link #61
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
*hits my head* Tch forgot.
Shounen Jump for me is one genre XD (anything like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Full Metal Alchemist for me falls in this category XD)...

Wait... 20-22?
That's why I keep saying that the most western fans who had problem with the type on anime they got, don't really know their stuff.

A manga magazine are usually 400-600 pages, some monthly one like Seinen targeted Afternoon even boasts 800+ pages. Each title usually given 18-22 pages . So, in any given issue, there are roughly 20-30 titles with anywhere from 3-10 titles being one-shots/flex chapters or short serialization.

There are about 15 Shonen magazines with similar numbers of Shojo, Seinen, Josei magazine. So do the math on how many titles there could be. What you see here in U.S. is just a handful of titles that are usually popular. There are tons of other stuff you don't see unless you are in East Asia or European countries like France, Germany, Italy, etc. But even then, that's only part of the whole ACG pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Shonen Jump, while highly popular, is still just a manga magazine. There's nothing really special about it, and while Bleach/Naruto/One Piece are extremely well known, there are a ton of stuff from them that few people know about even in Japan, spanning through many styles and genres.

That is, if you are talking about real Japanese SJ and not the Viz Media version, tho even that used to have many different genres stuffed inside...
I won't go THAT far, after all right now there are more JUMP series animated than there ever was for past 30 years and the magazine has by far the biggest circulation. It's nearest competitor Shonen Sunday's circulation does not have even a third of JUMP's readership and it features a few really popular title as well like Detective Conan, Hyate no Gotoku, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Zettai Karen Children,etc.

Current JUMP series on anime: OP, Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, Gintama, SKET Dance, HxH, Bakuman, Beelzebub, and Nurarihyon no Mago.

In addition, Kuroko no Basket and Medaka Box are slotted for 2012 adaption and Reborn along with ever-lasting Kochikame had already been adapted into anime before.

That's 14 titles out of current 20 serialization that has been adapt into anime or are coming up. 5 of other 6 are all new serialization stated in 2011 that you can't expect them to be an instant monster hits like OP or Naruto did.