AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-03, 11:17   Link #2641
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Odds are they just used the pre-recorded voices from the original show, since the subtitles are the same.

And Seed is pretty much a safe bet, since it's one of their biggest gundam shows, if all goes well they might announce a Destiny 10th anniversity remaster aswell
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 12:01   Link #2642
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Don't find the seed trilogy 3D so I'll post my stupid question here.
Looking at sales, Seed, and even Seed Destiny have no equals, am I wrong? So, I obviously understand the need to go ahead with 00, then AGE.
In terms of TV ratings, Destiny performed lower than Seed. But when it comes to DVD sales, it's the opposite.

Quote:
But having such a cash cow like the SEED cast, what stop you from doing something more than a remastered version of SEED, is it all about the writer illness?
We have Naomi Shindou (Cagalli's VA), who is rumored to be on bad terms with Morosawa, and hasn't voiced her in the video game spinoffs.

Keep in mind that these events took place while Sunrise was still affected by the Yukana Nogami scandal.

As for GSD, both Suzumura (Shinn's VA) and Sakamoto (Luna's VA) have a strained relationship with Fukuda, but now that they are married, I can expect them to have a little more clout if they choose to return.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:45   Link #2643
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Overall this remaster thing is doing well imo, adding a few new scenes here and there, but the biggest thing for me is to see if they got rid of all the stock footage. can't wait to see if they decide to do that.
Definitely not all, since they've already used stock footage in the first two episodes. And if they're really just doing minor modifications, and possibly with a low budget, then I don't expect a lot of changes in that department.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:45   Link #2644
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
In terms of TV ratings, Destiny performed lower than Seed. But when it comes to DVD sales, it's the opposite.



We have Naomi Shindou (Cagalli's VA), who is rumored to be on bad terms with Morosawa, and hasn't voiced her in the video game spinoffs.

Keep in mind that these events took place while Sunrise was still affected by the Yukana Nogami scandal.

As for GSD, both Suzumura (Shinn's VA) and Sakamoto (Luna's VA) have a strained relationship with Fukuda, but now that they are married, I can expect them to have a little more clout if they choose to return.
Thanks!
So there are frictions. And what about the scandal?
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:47   Link #2645
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Definitely not all, since they've already used stock footage in the first two episodes. And if they're really just doing minor modifications, and possibly with a low budget, then I don't expect a lot of changes in that department.
whast stock footage did they use in the first 2 episodes?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:51   Link #2646
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
whast stock footage did they use in the first 2 episodes?
The way Moebius Zero attacks.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:08   Link #2647
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Thats true, cant belive i missed that, but then again i'm interested in what they are going to do with the Buster since you mentioned that, it pretty much only had .. 5? different animations
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:09   Link #2648
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I just read about the scandal you mentioned and it was horrible..
I never knew the voice acting industry in Japan can be so.... deadly.

I hope nothing bad happened to Tanaka Rei and Kugiyama Rei.. they are 2 of my favorite VA's..

geez, old geezers are sooooo... typical!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:13   Link #2649
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
what is this Yukana Nogami scandal people are talking about? googled about it but i cant find anything
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:50   Link #2650
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I just read about the scandal you mentioned and it was horrible..
I never knew the voice acting industry in Japan can be so.... deadly.
The world of Seiyuu is just like any other Entertainment Industry throughout the world, full of their own internal politics unseen to the mass public. Those hungry and desperate for success ill resort to any measures to get ahead including selling out their own bodies, blackmailing, backstabbings, etc.

So, that cute seiyuu you idolise might not have been so innocent as s/he have made herself out to be. s/he is human afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
what is this Yukana Nogami scandal people are talking about? googled about it but i cant find anything
Basically :-

Quote:
It was reported years ago that the sound director of Z Gundam, Sadayoshi Fujino, and Yukana Nogami had an affair causing Fujino and the original seiyuu for Rosamia Badam (they were married), Kayoko Fujii to divorce. Nogami went to America for a year to escape the negative press, and changed her stage name to just Yukana after coming back.

When Z Gundam: A New Translation came about, many of the main female characters had new seiyuu, and surprise, Yukana had the role of Four Murasame and Fujino was the sound director. It later came to light that Saeko Shimazu (according to her official website) was never properly contacted for an audition for the role of Four Murasame in the movies (and neither was Yuko Mizutani for her role as Sarah Zabiarov). Fujino gave the excuse that he tried to contact her at her home, but the proper way would be to go through her agent/management office. Tomino said that he was deceived by Fujino at one point, but in another interview he said he wanted new seiyuu for the female roles, despite roles like Reccoa Londe, Emma Sheen, and Beltorchika still having their respective original seiyuu.

So it may seem possible that Tomino may have wanted new seiyuu for some roles, but the facts surrounding Fujino still make him look quite suspicious, and there's also rumors of him using other seiyuu he's fond of in anime he works on. So who knows what his relationship was with Yuu Asakawa, who ended up as the new voice of Rosamia...
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-01-03 at 20:09.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 00:50   Link #2651
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The world of Seiyuu is just like any other Entertainment Industry throughout the world, full of their own internal politics unseen to the mass public. Those hungry and desperate for success ill resort to any measures to get ahead including selling out their own bodies, blackmailing, backstabbings, etc.

So, that cute seiyuu you idolise might not have been so innocent as s/he have made herself out to be. s/he is human afterall.



Basically :-
it seems as though being a Seiyuu in Japan is something VERY VERY VERY BIG..
damn...
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 06:41   Link #2652
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
So the seiyuu world is like the actor world? i really don't see that as such a big scandal :x oh well, sorry for the off topic.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 12:52   Link #2653
danholo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 30
I just finished watching SEED + Destiny. I compared the new HD version with the original and it only seemed like they cut the top and bottom of the scenes in the "remastered" one.
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 14:57   Link #2654
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
So the seiyuu world is like the actor world? i really don't see that as such a big scandal :x oh well, sorry for the off topic.
The more cynical (and rumored) account between Shindo's relationship with Fukuda/Morosawa is that Morosawa thought that Fukuda was having an affair with Shindo, and in retaliation, Morosawa began derailing Cagalli's character and reducing her screen time at the end.

Cags' breakup with Athrun (who is said to be Morosawa's favorite character, alongside Lacus) was the exclamation point.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 18:09   Link #2655
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
That rumor is ridiculous and doesn't match up with what happens in the story, if Morosawa was that vindictive than Cagalli wouldn't have gotten better. She would have been written out of the story entirely.

Personally while I do like Fukuda as a director, I do think his human and is capable of making mistakes. What happened to Cagalli was a mistake and doesn't need an explanation.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 18:58   Link #2656
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I have to agree, Destiny's issues go beyond a petty feud between the director's wife and Cag's VA.

Rey goes from being the staunchest supporter of the Destiny Plan to turning on his beloved Gil and shooting him in hte span of 2 episodes, all based on Kira's NO YOU argument...
Then there's Meyrin asking Luna why she's still fighting even though the real Lacus-sama is against the chairman or something along those lines...Those are just some of the many cringe inducing dialog and plot elements that take place that just detract from the overall experience.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:04   Link #2657
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by danholo View Post
I just finished watching SEED + Destiny. I compared the new HD version with the original and it only seemed like they cut the top and bottom of the scenes in the "remastered" one.
I have to agree with your negativity after watching the 720p version of ep 1.

Some of the scenes appear to be truly remastered, like recolored and reinked to look nice and sharp in HD... And of course, some scenes are even reanimated. The OP and ED are really nice looking.

The remainder of the show are glaringly bad-looking upscaled and blurry 480p footages with cropped tops and bottoms that makes the production look incredibly cheap, especially with how they mix new and old footages in the episode.

Cheapass Fukuda strikes again. Who's he trying to fool with this garbage?
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:13   Link #2658
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I have to agree with your negativity after watching the 720p version of ep 1.

Some of the scenes appear to be truly remastered, like recolored and reinked to look nice and sharp in HD... And of course, some scenes are even reanimated. The OP and ED are really nice looking.

The remainder of the show are glaringly bad-looking upscaled and blurry 480p footages with cropped tops and bottoms that makes the production look incredibly cheap, especially with how they mix new and old footages in the episode.

Cheapass Fukuda strikes again. Who's he trying to fool with this garbage?
But he spent half the budget on remastered OP/ED's! he didnt have enough money to spend on the actual animation, god.

sarcasm aside! the cropping is lame, but atleast we're getting some new scenes and some scenes are reanimated, which is good sofar, its not a new show, its just a remaster. Cant really tell if its a good or bad one yet though

one thing i really hope they fix is the obscene amount of stock footage later on, if they do that i'll be happy with the remaster
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:18   Link #2659
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
But he spent half the budget on remastered OP/ED's! he didnt have enough money to spend on the actual animation, god.

sarcasm aside! the cropping is lame, but atleast we're getting some new scenes and some scenes are reanimated, which is good sofar, its not a new show, its just a remaster. Cant really tell if its a good or bad one yet though

one thing i really hope they fix is the obscene amount of stock footage later on, if they do that i'll be happy with the remaster
Its not the cropping I am mostly complaining about though, its the picture quality. A "remastered" disc with horribly done blurry upscaled 480p footages mixed with HD ones just doesn't cut it. Its like the freakin' Zeta movies here.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:20   Link #2660
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Oh yeah, but i find the Zeta movies somewhat charming, too bad they didnt completely reanimate those (what was the reason for that, budget problems?)

Seed wasnt looking too good at the time it was released, tbh when i heard about this remaster i assumed they where going to crop the entire thing, add the compilation movie footage and call it a day, to put it short i had zero expectations
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.