AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-01-19, 20:36   Link #41
Bluejay
Paintballer/Drummer/Nerd

Definitely. So long as it isn't dead! My thanks go out to you Selkirk. I wish I could read Japanese...

My Avatar: Churchill AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers) Complete with Petard Mortar launcher.
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 01:57   Link #42
Matt122005

Yes, thank you for translating another light novels series. There are far too few.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 08:46   Link #43
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Well, it's not the main novel, but I finished translating the doujinshi novelette.
Read it here

Going back to the novel translation soon.
Old 2009-04-01, 02:04   Link #44
EvilSamurai

Thanks for translating the novels, I can't wait for you to finish translating more of them.
EvilSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 20:55   Link #45
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Does anyone know if the light novels about the 501st are canon? I don't exactly know the term the Japanese use when trying to figure out if something is canon or not, so it's hard for me to Google it. The best I can come up with is that the Wikipedia entry for these novels says that it's a "novelized" version of the first season, so that seems like its canon.

But it also says that there are "original episodes" which sounds like those are non-canon because the games are all labeled as having "original stories" and those aren't canon. The titles of some of the original chapters like "夜間専従班再び!─または翼よ、あれが命の灯だ!" and "雪中の笛吹き─またはサーニャとエイラのカンタータ" sound like they have awesome Eilanya stuff. It'd be nice if these stories were canon so we could get more "official" Eilanya.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:32   Link #46
Leebot
Cognivore

Well, according to Lone Wolf, it's almost all canon. The exceptions are mostly the very early manga, which have been retconned out of existence. There are some discontinuities between different works (the Neuroi are very different if you compare the light novels to the anime, for instance), but it is all supposed to be part of the same canon.

In fact, the novelized version of the first season is apparently more consistent with the rest of the franchise. So in that sense it's even more canon than the anime. If you want your official Eilanya, then I'm pretty sure that will count.
Leebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 03:55   Link #47
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead. But after being disappointed (in a very bad way) with AIC's butchering of the second season and soon the upcoming film, I'd figure I turn to the light novel adaptations for some more Strike Witches. (And yes, I love the first anime series and light novel and manga adaptations equally. Don't give me any flack for it.)

In addition to Witches in Africa and Suomus Misfit Squadron, I've been aware that there's a light novel version of the second season as well as Otome no Maki (the latter gaining my attention.) I have to ask, is the light novel version of season two exactly the same as the events of the "second season" but with better writing? Would it be worth reading or should I just give this the pass?
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:56   Link #48
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead. But after being disappointed (in a very bad way) with AIC's butchering of the second season and soon the upcoming film, I'd figure I turn to the light novel adaptations for some more Strike Witches. (And yes, I love the first anime series and light novel and manga adaptations equally. Don't give me any flack for it.)

In addition to Witches in Africa and Suomus Misfit Squadron, I've been aware that there's a light novel version of the second season as well as Otome no Maki (the latter gaining my attention.) I have to ask, is the light novel version of season two exactly the same as the events of the "second season" but with better writing? Would it be worth reading or should I just give this the pass?
If you can read moon runes, I'd say give it a try. I've never seen a translated copy of the anime novels, though, which sucks because I can't make heads or tails of Japanese characters.

Who do I have to poke with sharp objects to get these translations running again?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 15:02   Link #49
Acebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
If you can read moon runes, I'd say give it a try. I've never seen a translated copy of the anime novels, though, which sucks because I can't make heads or tails of Japanese characters.

Who do I have to poke with sharp objects to get these translations running again?
On baka-tsuki, that translator (I believe it is Britfag or something) said he was translating the novels from Engrish to English (he said he uploaded the (I think Engrish) material to mediafire).

So I was wondering, is there a complete Engrish version of the suomus misfits squadron volume 1? I read the first 6 chapters of it on baka-tsuki, but I really want to know how that first book ended!

(I'm currently trying to learn Japanese, so that I can translate here and there. At the end of this year, it might be possible)
Acebird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, shounen