AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 70 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 27.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-08, 05:12   Link #81
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
This series is one of my pinnacles of anime. The art style is bold and creative, and the dialogue is so clever that it makes my brain tingle with excitement. The characters are very in-depth and colourful, and who can forget those fantastic themes and BGM to accompany it all?

I had a good feeling Nise was going to surpass Bake in the end for my preferences, and with this awesome first episode, it's well on its way to doing just that. Can't wait for more.

Note: I love how Hachikuji mentioned dancing in the ED credits and the first episode ends without an ending sequence. Real sneaky, show.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:43   Link #82
Airman8
Helvetica Standard
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Age: 31
I voted too low, but that's only because I think the series is going to keep getting better and better!

A fun tease of a first episode. They built up the visit to Nadeko's house and completely got sidetracked. I really liked the Hachikuji scene. I was sad to think about her disappearing. She's a strong character in this story and a good foil for Araragi. Their friendship is weird and quite fun, but this also showed the sincere side. Very adorable. :3

I didn't know Karen was so tall.

Last edited by Airman8; 2012-01-08 at 17:28. Reason: I accidentally a word!
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:06   Link #83
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I don't know if the term is well known in Japan, but I'm pretty sure whoever came up with that gag was aware of it.
Waitasec, I have another example of a cream pie gag in use:
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 07:58   Link #84
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the corner
Age: 24
My expectations were really high. Bakemonogatari is my favourite show, and I have re-watched it a number of times. So I couldn't be all that critical (and didn't even want to, really) while watching. It's just so great to see the old gang back.

First episode pretty much showcased everything I liked about Bakemonogatari and Shaft in general. Dialogue, artistic shots/weird angles, trippy architecture and glorious cockteasing all were there. In that vein I really can't say that the "shaftiness" felt forced. Not my experience at all.

The build up scene to the... "groping" of Hachikufi was amazing. I mean, he's warming up and stretching to get ready to rape the poor loli ghost. Glorious. I wanted Araragi to do a Zetsubou-sensei parody so bad when he went on to his rant about selling love at a convenience store. It's great hearing Kamiya Hiroshi in full force again.

Some people have pointed out how the OP looked really cheap or something. I guess they did blow out their budget in Hidamari x SP I liked the general feel and flow of the animation. I have conflicting opinions about the song. It's a shame that it kind of feels like warmed up Staple Stable, but Staple was awesome so I guess it's win-win. And Chiwa Saito's voice was just godly again. If only the track had a little more kick.

I also loved Yuka Iguchi (Tsukihi). I didn't much care about her voice while she was doing Index or Maria from Haganai. She has no problem talking with a low and extremely cute and lovely voice or throwing a fit and screaming her lungs out. I much prefer her lower voice, though. Emiri Katou was lovely, too.

So many good things. I'm aware of the worrying sentiments expressed by a few posters in this thread. I really hope they have enough time to churn out quality. The first episode looked really good.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-01-08 at 08:53.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:01   Link #85
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Who is Gahara
Short for Senjougahara. Now I learned a new word today.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:16   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Dam while Hitagi's parts at the beginning were great, I have to say Hachikuji stole the episode between her breaking the 4th wall twice and the "courage" scene(good thing this was animated despite screw ups ), she and Araragi had me laughing so very hard. I knew I missed this series, but I enjoyed this episode greatly more than I expected; the dialogue, animation, music, and facial expressions were as great as ever, so such a great a start for this season earns a 10 from me for this episode, thanks to Hachikuji. I hope Shaft keeps it up.
I loved the fourth wall breaking. Nice bits of self-deprecating humor from Shaft.

I have no clue whether there will really be a dancing ED next week (or the week after; it's Shaft after all) or if they were just screwing with us. It's 50/50.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:18   Link #87
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
I wonder why Koyomi acts really weird when he's with Hachikuji. It's so different from the way he normally behaves in front of other girls. I swear that his straight man mentality gets malfunction every time he sees her which seems bizarre to me. Try imagining what if he starts treating all other girls the same way as Hachikuji.

What's with him anyway?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:28   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I wonder why Koyomi acts really weird when he's with Hachikuji. It's so different from the way he normally behaves in front of other girls. I swear that his straight man mentality gets malfunction every time he sees her which seems bizarre to me. Try imagining what if he starts treating all other girls the same way as Hachikuji.

What's with him anyway?
He's a pedophile. Hachikuji is the youngest girl in the cast. You do the math.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:35   Link #89
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I wonder why Koyomi acts really weird when he's with Hachikuji. It's so different from the way he normally behaves in front of other girls. I swear that his straight man mentality gets malfunction every time he sees her which seems bizarre to me. Try imagining what if he starts treating all other girls the same way as Hachikuji.

What's with him anyway?
Like I'm saying before, Araragi seems comfortable with her because he feel he's abnormal, He can't feel free again with his sister because that mindset (that why he considering to tell them the truth) thus he feel like to playing with Little Hachikuji for replacement of his "lost" sister

Hachikuji herself is abnormal so its just easier to Araragi to not being a bit paranoid to her.

But its seems there is something that make Hachikuji different than other girl, Its like Araragi treat them as one of his "patient" (Hell even to Senjougahara) while he seems so comfortable with Hachikuji, maybe due to the fact she's ghost?
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:41   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I wonder why Koyomi acts really weird when he's with Hachikuji. It's so different from the way he normally behaves in front of other girls. I swear that his straight man mentality gets malfunction every time he sees her which seems bizarre to me. Try imagining what if he starts treating all other girls the same way as Hachikuji.
Some of them might like it. Hitagi would murder him, though.

Quote:
What's with him anyway?
He did touch on it a bit. He can't do that sort of thing with his sisters anymore. But Hachikuji's safe, since she's already dead anyway. Doesn't explain their first meeting, before he knew she was a ghost, though.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-01-08 at 12:54.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:48   Link #91
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
Oh god, I didn't even think about it that way....
Me too, as English isn't my native language. Looking at it in that perspective is.. is just... ewww.

Good to see our beloved cast of oddities has returned in full force, at last. Mayoi totally stole the show, and poor Sengoku got friendzoned... again Tsukihi seems to support her one-sided love, though.
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:26   Link #92
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Good fuckin gosh, amazing first episode.

It's been sooooooo long!
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:30   Link #93
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Let me explain the 298 yen love bit. When the novel first came out in 08 there was something called a "love bento" that convenient stores sold. Due to the bad economy back then a lot of convenient stores decided to start campaign to sell cheap bento. A usual 600 yen bento would go as far as being sold at 250 yen. Nisio was using the "298 yen love bento" that had food shaped like hearts and junk to make fun of a society that revolves around money.

Last edited by omimon; 2012-01-08 at 09:41.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:37   Link #94
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Interesting.

As for the OP, I'm guessing that SHAFT will fill in the silhouettes with color once the BD/DVD releases.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:54   Link #95
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Spoiler:


I want to give a little background as to what this scene was since I was pretty confused myself when I first saw it.

This scene was supposed to take place at Araragi's house. The reason Nadeko invited him to her house was because he just invited her to his so she could meet Tsukihi again.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 10:58   Link #96
redgrnbluylw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Great first episode! This is the Shaft I know. The whole "courage" bit was what I found very clever. I'll put it to good use.

One piece of criticism though, but not anything major. Personally, I like how the premise of the story was set up in Bake better than Nise. Bake started off with a mysterious sort of vibe, with a touch of comedy, but it seems the other way around in this second season. The main thing I don't like about this is that people who haven't read the novel (like me) wouldn't really know where the story is going from here. Sure Araragi doesn't know if he should tell his family about him being part vampire, and he's going to Nadeko's house, but what's really going on here? On top of that there was no preview for the next episode. I guess only time will tell what's in store for these guys (girls).

Last edited by redgrnbluylw; 2012-01-08 at 10:59. Reason: typo
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 11:56   Link #97
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's a pedophile. Hachikuji is the youngest girl in the cast. You do the math.
Yeah, I came to that conclusion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Like I'm saying before, Araragi seems comfortable with her because he feel he's abnormal, He can't feel free again with his sister because that mindset (that why he considering to tell them the truth) thus he feel like to playing with Little Hachikuji for replacement of his "lost" sister

Hachikuji herself is abnormal so its just easier to Araragi to not being a bit paranoid to her.

But its seems there is something that make Hachikuji different than other girl, Its like Araragi treat them as one of his "patient" (Hell even to Senjougahara) while he seems so comfortable with Hachikuji, maybe due to the fact she's ghost?
I guess this makes sense, but can you tell me what you mean by "patient"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Some of them might like it. Hitagi would murder him, though.

He did touch on it a bit. He can't do that sort of thing with his sisters anymore. But Hachikuji's safe, since she's already dead anyway. Doesn't explain their first meeting, before he knew she was a ghost, though.
I think Hitagi might do something worse than murder, but hay it might worth the try. For me at least, I want Araragi to give Hachikuji Treatment to Nadeko, because I'm getting annoyed with her playing the shy surface but subtle aggressive card.

I agree that his sisters might've grown out of it by now, guess he misses playing with them this way when they were younger, but really he should give it a rest it's kinda creepy.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:06   Link #98
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I agree that his sisters might've grown out of it by now, guess he misses playing with them this way when they were younger, but really he should give it a rest it's kinda creepy.
It's actually the other way around. It's the sister who misses him playing around. You mentioned the words of his sister about him growing up but you miss that part that don't leave us behind. Plus his little sister also mentioned about his big sister which is also his little sister that he is not coming with the sparring sessions anymore. The sisters missis their big bro who decide to play with his harem or his lost elementary girl.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:23   Link #99
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
So happy this is back. Thoroughly enjoyed the first ep.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:32   Link #100
pseudonhym
わかんないよ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: +8 GMT
<333 Hitagi

I had fun watching Hitagi, Tsukihi and Mayoi... lack of Nadeko screen time but maybe it will increase on episode 2.
Worth the wait... this s2 is worth the wait.
__________________
ご愛顧ありがとうございました
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.