AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-08, 10:54   Link #1021
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Finally played the game this weekend, and I'm loving it. I feel like playing Mario though with all those jumping around getting the datacron at Coruscant
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 11:41   Link #1022
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
But no turtles and coins to grab, and hitting blocks with your heads hurt.


Man I never seen a game on gamefaqs get so much hate from WoW fanboys with crappy reasons the game sucks. the last complaint i heard was "theres no critters running around" I just face palmed... again.. and again.. and again...
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:04   Link #1023
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
But no turtles and coins to grab, and hitting blocks with your heads hurt.


Man I never seen a game on gamefaqs get so much hate from WoW fanboys with crappy reasons the game sucks. the last complaint i heard was "theres no critters running around" I just face palmed... again.. and again.. and again...
Implies gamefaqs comments/opinions actually matter.

Hope the game hangs aorund because WoW could use a kick up the backside with some genuine competition for once. However I won't be biting because the content and lore isn't my style. The reason I started the Warcrafts and eventually WoW was the lore. SW's style just doesn't mesh with me, but I won't be hating on it. Plus I really don't have time for a 2nd game.

Just have fun and ignore what the haters say.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:24   Link #1024
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
I'm not subscribed to SW:TOR because I'm not that huge a fan of the lore. I enjoy it, but not to the extent where I would want to play a MMORPG of it. That said, I just want to say that I have kinda developed a sort of zen to "fanboyism". Too busy enjoying the games I do want to play to pay any sort of attention to them.

If you like it, just enjoy it and let haters be hating. Life will be that much more stress-free and your facial skin will thank you for it.

Natch.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:44   Link #1025
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so much hate from WoW fanboys with crappy reasons.
B-b-but what about Kotor fanboys with crappy reasons that hate TOR? I do not want to be left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Finally played the game this weekend, and I'm loving it. I feel like playing Mario though with all those jumping around getting the datacron at Coruscant

Harry Italian plumbers and the force? Why has this not been made into a game already?
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 18:36   Link #1026
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
B-b-but what about Kotor fanboys with crappy reasons that hate TOR? I do not want to be left out.
It's your own fault, what with your reasons being so damn reasonable.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 18:52   Link #1027
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I'll subscribe to both MMOs as a status symbol, like my lifetime sub to STO. It is to signify that I am rich.

For that I need to graduate first so for now...

Pandarian: Inner Peace... Inner Peace...

__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 20:56   Link #1028
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
PVP Healing can be so much damn fun in this game.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 00:18   Link #1029
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I just played this game, and I want my money back. It seems that over-hyped games with big budgets get good scores no matter their quality. It is playing WoW all over again which I played for over 5 years... Lets hope Guild Wars 2 destroys all previous MMOS.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 00:35   Link #1030
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
People were saying it was going to be WoW with a fully voiced storyline set in Star Wars. The selling point was the full voiced BioWare styled story, not the WoW styled hotkey based gameplay.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 02:15   Link #1031
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Mainstream review scores for MMOs are about as accurate as they are for Fighting Games. Best to do your research first with game play videos, impressions (both positive and negative), etc.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 04:26   Link #1032
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'll subscribe to both MMOs as a status symbol, like my lifetime sub to STO. It is to signify that I am rich.

For that I need to graduate first so for now...

Pandarian: Inner Peace... Inner Peace...

you play sto lol I just tried to get back on to see what's it like now and it's completely different...so different i would have to create a whole new character to just figure out how to playu now lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:40   Link #1033
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Nice.

I personally like everything that makes me finally sit down and make me draw something again... even if it's just the mental image of one of my characters...
(WoW did it too.)

Spoiler for x3:
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 09:30   Link #1034
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Nice.

I personally like everything that makes me finally sit down and make me draw something again... even if it's just the mental image of one of my characters...
(WoW did it too.)

Spoiler for x3:
Nice face.

*Stock Strike!*
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:10   Link #1035
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People were saying it was going to be WoW with a fully voiced storyline set in Star Wars. The selling point was the full voiced BioWare styled story, not the WoW styled hotkey based gameplay.
Well to be fair BW *marketing* did promise more than "4th Pillar" gameplay. To my memory of all the hype videos, they also promised "heroic combat," new and engaging boss fights that did not rely on giant NPCs, a non typical endgame, an alternative to raiding/PVP, and a next generation experience. Beta did much to narrow those expectations for those who played it, but those who only listened to the hype videos probably got swindled by the typical marketing bullshit.

I still remember some people believing the 200 hours of unique gameplay for was EACH class. They then went around believing TOR would have 1600 unique hours of gameplay. When that miscommunication finally got cleared up, some people were still in denial about it.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:37   Link #1036
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Still "800" hours of gameplay is pretty good (4 classes per faction). I've got 13 days (300+hrs) /played apparently 2 or 3 of those at 50 I'd guess. Yeah I had very little to do over the holiday break.

I pretty much came for the story and I've been enjoying it, but overall I did not expect any revolution combat/gameplay wise, there are a few things that make it a bit different and interesting from WoW, but they're a small part of the pie. It's still a hotkey MMO and there is only so much that can be done with such, and being made by a company inexperienced in MMO's.

More or less ignore Marketing BS these days, hype is OK but but really need to check other sources then the publisher for info hehe.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:44   Link #1037
Alaya
Counter Force
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People were saying it was going to be WoW with a fully voiced storyline set in Star Wars. The selling point was the full voiced BioWare styled story, not the WoW styled hotkey based gameplay.
Wait how is the game not a Wow style hotkey based gameplay? The combat system is almost a carbon copy from WoW...

The story of the game is nice (for the classes I played during beta) but I finds it lacking in term of "next generation" game play. To me playing ToR feels exactly the same as playing WoW...
__________________
Fate/Zero: This was the tale of a man who, more than anyone else, believed in his ideals, and was driven to despair by them.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:47   Link #1038
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Wait how is the game not a Wow style hotkey based gameplay? The combat system is almost a carbon copy from WoW...
Ithekro never said the game wasn't a carbon copy of WoW in terms of gameplay. He said that wasn't the games selling point, the story and dialogue are.

Though frankly, I'm glad they didn't deviate too far from that gameplay, it makes it easier to attract players. And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds considering that the gameplay is stale and archaic, but the average MMO player is not looking for something new, they're looking for something familiar and yet feels fresh.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:59   Link #1039
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Either I structured the sentence poorly, or that was interpreted wrong. I said it has WoW styled hotkey based gameplay, but the selling point was the full voiced BioWare styled story.

WoW based hotkey gameplay makes it easier for older gamers to pickup the game...they don't have to learn all that much. Just what does this spell do and place it about the same button they would use for WoW for a similar spell.

Guild Wars 2 is were things will likely be different. I sort of remember Guild Wars, but that was a long time ago for me. I think that was my second MMO after Earth and Beyond. World of Warcraft was the third.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:05   Link #1040
Alaya
Counter Force
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Ithekro never said the game wasn't a carbon copy of WoW in terms of gameplay. He said that wasn't the games selling point, the story and dialogue are.

Though frankly, I'm glad they didn't deviate too far from that gameplay, it makes it easier to attract players. And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds considering that the gameplay is stale and archaic, but the average MMO player is not looking for something new, they're looking for something familiar and yet feels fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Either I structured the sentence poorly, or that was interpreted wrong. I said it has WoW styled hotkey based gameplay, but the selling point was the full voiced BioWare styled story.

WoW based hotkey gameplay makes it easier for older gamers to pickup the game...they don't have to learn all that much. Just what does this spell do and place it about the same button they would use for WoW for a similar spell.

Guild Wars 2 is were things will likely be different. I sort of remember Guild Wars, but that was a long time ago for me. I think that was my second MMO after Earth and Beyond. World of Warcraft was the third.
Well, I guess I read too quickly then.
__________________
Fate/Zero: This was the tale of a man who, more than anyone else, believed in his ideals, and was driven to despair by them.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.