AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-10, 17:04   Link #1
IllegalGoddess

a twisted plot that gets explained at the end

Basically what the title says. I'd love to watch some anime with a twisted plot, an element of mindscrew that gets a clean explanation at the end. That last condition is important: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is "oh yes" and Chaos;Head is "no, thx" exactly because the light is spilled upon the logical structure of the plot in Higurashi while Chaos;Head just leaves us thinking wtf just happened.

Other examples of twisted plots with satisfying explanations/pay-offs: Death Note, Code Geass, Spiral.

I watched Umineko no Naku Koro ni, too, and found it rather half-baked and unfinished. I plan to play the game, though.

Thanks in advance. ^__^
Old 2012-01-10, 17:10   Link #2
Haak
F**k my life...

I think you'll love UN-GO.
Old 2012-01-10, 17:27   Link #3
kitten320

You won't find anything more twisted than Mawaru Penguindrum, never saw anything like that before. Has a very abstract style and in case you might not understand something, this anime thread has discussed it a lot so explanations are available. Though if you pay close attention to details, you should be fine.

Baccano has a very unique style of story telling. Some things at first make you go WTF but later you got explanations and back stories so everything is cleared up.

Ga-Rei Zero is like that too, everything starts with "What the hell just happened?! I don't get it!" but then anime goes into flashback and we see how things built up and created the mess we witnessed in first 2 episodes.

Madoka Magica had something like that especially regarding character named Homura about whom no one knows anything while she knows everything about everyone and is determined to kill a character named Kyubey (not human) whom main heroines like.

Monster are long detective series with a lot of things happening and getting eventually solved.

Steins;Gate also would be a good choice.