AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-09, 19:44   Link #41
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Caladan
This I like. As a couples fan, I already spotted out two, Yukimura/Rokurou (oh yeah *shift brows up and down*) & Saizo/Isanami. I'm not sure about Saizo but I like Isanami already. The girl can eat.
__________________
"Huynh ấy đă không c̣n nữa, ta muốn chết chết không được. Muốn sống sống cũng không xong."
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 00:23   Link #42
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
This series is definitely a keeper... anime needs more badass men, and even if as a guy I have to turn to reverse harems (yes, Hakuouki is on my list of to-watch) and put up with a smidget of shounen-ai, to get away from moe crap*... it's more than worth it. Saizou is pure badass, and I already can't wait for next episode

*I don't know how many in this thread are female, but the reason why I like guys to be kickass and have a dislike of moe is because not only have I seen far too many disappointing regular harems, but I'm from the old-school anime crowd, back before K-On (and KyoAni in general) and the flood of goddamned moe
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 00:33   Link #43
Flower
In harmony with the flow
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shall the flowers bloom atop the mountain?...
Hrm ... wasn't expecting much from this tbh and I guess it was a little better than expected. But I dunno ... it wasn't enough to grab my interest. Maybe because it seemed a little too "over-dramatic" somehow? Felt sorry for the female lead though, almost enough to make me want to follow the series.

Hmm. ... the male lead is painfully tsundere, though. And rude. And crude too.

Also dunno about another "lead girl who is a big leader".

Well - maybe I will give the next ep a try....

7/10 vote for the ep from me, I guess.

Must admit I was kinda a sucker for the ED - I kinda like e-voice stuff like that ... sometimes.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 09:20   Link #44
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
At first i thought this anime was a BL lol. Well , it looks ok , GAR men here.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 16:27   Link #45
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
At first I was meh but then it got better.

However for me OP/ED is completely misplaced. I somehow survived trough OP in which music wasn't matched to animation, but on the ending I just gave up and skipped it.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:36   Link #46
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
That was quite a lot in one episode but it was pretty entertaining despite being quite typical. I'll be following this.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:16   Link #47
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Isanami's got a cute hair style (which is often seen in KoreaStyle >_<)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:20   Link #48
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mecha cockpit
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
My God, what did I just watch? This anime looks amazing. To think I checked this one out because I was bored. Maybe a bit too much going on in the first episode but the characters are engaging as hell. Quite rare that I fell in love with a main couple too. Isanami is a real cutie and her personality is perfect for someone like Saizou. Looking forward to more episodes. ^^

I found something amusing, on a few topics around the net, concerning this. Some people after checking the show stated that it is a female show. How did they draw that conclusion? Because there are more men in the show? It seems like some people are watching too much ecchi these days or they simply forgot how the anime in the past was like.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:53   Link #49
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am following this for the seiyuu. With a cast like this it's like porn for the ears.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:07   Link #50
White Manju Bun
Mad Hatter
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am following this for the seiyuu. With a cast like this it's like porn for the ears.
Amen to this.
__________________
Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:13   Link #51
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

I found something amusing, on a few topics around the net, concerning this. Some people after checking the show stated that it is a female show. How did they draw that conclusion? Because there are more men in the show? It seems like some people are watching too much ecchi these days or they simply forgot how the anime in the past was like.
Amen to this.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:43   Link #52
Edict
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
the start was promising for a feasible combination of action and humour, but having seen what can happen to any number of seemingly worthwhile anime it is too early to know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin
This series is definitely a keeper... anime needs more badass men, and even if as a guy I have to turn to reverse harems (yes, Hakuouki is on my list of to-watch) and put up with a smidget of shounen-ai, to get away from moe crap*... it's more than worth it. Saizou is pure badass, and I already can't wait for next episode.
well let me say I enjoy moe to no end but can understand your desire for anime with more serious figures. Having watched the first season of Hakuouki my impression was that it was exploring the question of how many swords and oni could be placed in a room before anything takes place. I don't recall but I'm not sure if the question was resolved in the first season.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:57   Link #53
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
I guess it became a rule in many people heads that shows with strong guys are only for girls. Makes me feel that the only guys that are watching anime are nerds who wants to see a harem with a weakling. Basically imagining themselves in the heroes place and making dreams come true.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 11:47   Link #54
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mecha cockpit
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I guess it became a rule in many people heads that shows with strong guys are only for girls.
Dragon Ball Z is actually a show for girls. Why else would Goku be shirtless most of the time.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:04   Link #55
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Only otakus would think that.
Unfortunately because of otakus buying the most of stuff its really hard to find any decent anime these times. Most of the time its moe left and right with moeblobs. K-on bleeeeeh ...
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:35   Link #56
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I guess it became a rule in many people heads that shows with strong guys are only for girls. Makes me feel that the only guys that are watching anime are nerds who wants to see a harem with a weakling. Basically imagining themselves in the heroes place and making dreams come true.
While I actually like harems, they ain't what they used to be, and as you say, the guys are becoming too deluded in their dream worlds where there are cute girls and the guys are delighted to just simply be in their presence. Unfortunately, the anime producers are catering to it far too much.

And I still blame K-On for the flood of moe crap these days...
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 15:14   Link #57
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mecha cockpit
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:44   Link #58
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I guess it became a rule in many people heads that shows with strong guys are only for girls. Makes me feel that the only guys that are watching anime are nerds who wants to see a harem with a weakling. Basically imagining themselves in the heroes place and making dreams come true.
Well girls like to have their fantasies too. Strong/successful, good looking guys with <insert color preference> hair are popular and really cool especially in scenes with sakura pedals blowing. (Hakuoki, Chihayafuru, kimi ni todoke come to mind.) Those guys would prob make those otaku cringe. Some prob have low self esteem and had to lose to those types in real life so that's why if a series have good looking, strong/popular/successful males in it, it's thought to be for the girls imo.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 18:10   Link #59
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well girls like to have their fantasies too. Strong/successful, good looking guys with <insert color preference> hair are popular and really cool especially in scenes with sakura pedals blowing. (Hakuoki, Chihayafuru, kimi ni todoke come to mind.) Those guys would prob make those otaku cringe. Some prob have low self esteem and had to lose to those types in real life so that's why if a series have good looking, strong/popular/successful males in it, it's thought to be for the girls imo.
Really there's two types, characters you would like to be like to be, awesome inspirational types (Kamina for TTGL etc) or characters that you relate to, sad nerd next door are this for supposed "Otaku's". Now the inspirational character could be the popular successful handsome type but that in itself won't automatically make you appealling to a male demographic and it's probably the same with females. There has to be something they do that makes you respect them e.g being incredibly badass, manly and awesome, or just plain being hilarious etc.

I'd imagine it's the same for females, characters who you'd love to be like and empower you and characters who you basically are.

Obviously this completely ignores character development and is just how characters seem on a first appearance, as the sad nerdy type can turn into the awesome inspirational type or several others.

I'd probably say there's two main ways of a story appealing to the sterotypical guy with nothing known about the plot. Either hot women or manly men, pretty much universal in human culture. For women I'd imagine it to be hot guys and romance, again pretty much cutural outside of the obvious.

Really though it's actually pretty hilarious when you think of the ideologies of the opposite sex that's shown in these various forms of fiction. I mean those guys in Shoujo manga and anime etc are a dime a dozen the majority of guys that are good looking and successful wouldn't care about all the romantic crap that goes on in those manga's, petal's blowing prince's rarely exist, he most likey be a jack ass who slept around, or just be a guy who slept around, you also wouldn't find several good looking guys falling in love with an average looking girl, all deeply "in love" 3 out of 5 would probably want to sleep her and be done with it. Same with the girls in harems, you'll rarely get hot girls who inexplicaply want to be with an average looking guy and would do anything to get in his pants/deeply in love.

Part of the reason why their such a turn off to for examples guys wtaching shoujo's or girl's watching harems is that those characters barely if ever exist and they know precisely their real life counterparts would act like.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-01-11 at 18:25.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 18:15   Link #60
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Just looking at the bishounen character designs...yeah I am pretty sure this is aimed at a female audience. Actually I would be surprised if it wasn't.

But what does it matter? I am a woman and I have no problem watching series aimed at a male audience so if you are a guy and are enjoying a series aimed at a female audience I don't see any need to justify why you like it.

What's important is the story and characters appeal to you not the target audience. A good story can be aimed at any target audience. In fact in the end I find target audiences meaningless.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.