AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-03, 01:52   Link #5281
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I must have been a little different, since I took a long hiatus on bike riding after I bought my car, but returned to find nothing really different. Then again, I am forced to ride uphill a lot which would exert more leg energy.

Either way, the swaying's new to me. I'd definitely follow the advice of filling up your tires, but the framework of your bicycle might be shifted somehow; it's a slim possibility but I want to make sure anyways. During those 6 years, did you leave your bicycle leaned up against something without a kickstand? What was the temperature like where you left it? I've seen a few bikes shift in balance from a mixture of rust and other things.
It's a new bike, I think the problem is me just not being able to steer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Can you really tell if someone is a good kisser based on how they eat an apple?
First time I've heard of that, but it sounds at least somewhat plausible.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 02:21   Link #5282
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Can you really tell if someone is a good kisser based on how they eat an apple?
I guess in the simplest sense, a sloppy eater might have a sloppy-esque personality. Other than that, I don't think there's a superficial method of telling, in all honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
It's a new bike, I think the problem is me just not being able to steer.
Ah, I see. I'd recommend getting used to pedaling whilst standing then; I found that I feel less shaky like that.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:02   Link #5283
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
This particular word has escaped me for the past few days now...
What is the term used to describe when people appoint family members into positions of power (e.g. in a government)?
Could this term be used when friends are appointed to positions of power, or is there another word that exists for this?
__________________
Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:06   Link #5284
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Nepotism?

I don't think it applies to friends but there's a word for that too:

Spoiler for ...:
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:15   Link #5285
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Nepotism.

Edit: whoops, seconding Haak then.

Albeit, the term is not limited to family, it is used for every sort of corruption of that kind regardless of the relationship between the "patron" and the beneficiary.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:38   Link #5286
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Nepotism?

I don't think it applies to friends but there's a word for that too:

Spoiler for ...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Nepotism.

Edit: whoops, seconding Haak then.

Albeit, the term is not limited to family, it is used for every sort of corruption of that kind regardless of the relationship between the "patron" and the beneficiary.
Nepotism! That's the word! Thanks, you two.
__________________
Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 19:08   Link #5287
Sister Princess
Easy Operation
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 30
Online retail stores and paypal

I'm consider using paypal to buy trading cards. Is paypal safe in the long run?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:56   Link #5288
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
I'm consider using paypal to buy trading cards. Is paypal safe in the long run?
PayPal is arguably the safest way to buy stuff online. PayPal also offers conflict resolution as well, if you happen to get an item that does not perform as expected, or you don't even get an item.
For added security, you can turn on two-factor authentication.
__________________
Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-01-11 at 00:08.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 01:59   Link #5289
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
PayPal is arguably the safest way to buy stuff online. PayPal also offers conflict resolution as well, if you happen to get an item that does not perform as expected, or you don't even get an item.
For added security, you can turn on two-factor authentication.
*snaps VISA card and gets PayPal* ............ what?
__________________
Krytonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 02:07   Link #5290
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
*snaps VISA card and gets PayPal* ............ what?
You might to hold on to that VISA card, you can also use it as a backup funding source. PayPal acts as the mediator in a transaction, so the only information that the merchant receives is your basic personal details (name, home address, phone number, etc.) and not your payment details (bank account number, credit card number, etc.).
__________________
Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:59   Link #5291
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
So far all the Call Of Duty games have featured legendary regiments like the SAS and Rangers, but why hadn't they featured the Gurkhas yet?

Is it because their badass level is so high that a game can never portray it well enough?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:00   Link #5292
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
So I recently got a new pair of glasses which is for emergency use, the lense is of the same grade as what I'm using right now but for some reason it just doesn't feel like the same grade when I try to wear it, why is this?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:27   Link #5293
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In this reality (A.K.A. Colorado, U.S.A.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So far all the Call Of Duty games have featured legendary regiments like the SAS and Rangers, but why hadn't they featured the Gurkhas yet?

Is it because their badass level is so high that a game can never portray it well enough?
This seems like it's meant to be rather inflammitory towards the said American and British regiments, but it's probably due to 1) Buyers are mostly American and British so 2) The appropriate nationalities are assigned as such. It's not like the average video gamer knowns what the Gurkhan regiments are.

Quote:
So I recently got a new pair of glasses which is for emergency use, the lense is of the same grade as what I'm using right now but for some reason it just doesn't feel like the same grade when I try to wear it, why is this?
It's probably because you've worn the same glasses for so long that the little differences in the new ones make it feel different.
__________________
/Users/TRendfrey/Pictures/pictures/anime/signature.jpg
RandySyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 03:10   Link #5294
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Out of curiosity, does anyone here suffer from anosmia?

In my case, it is congenital, although I wasn't consciously aware of it until my late teens. It has had no adverse effect on my life, though it does often leave me wistful to know the smells that people describe. I could stand right next to a stall selling D24 durians and not smell a thing, but still enjoy the fruit all the same. I can "taste" just fine, but am probably not able to distinguish between flavours like others can (I can't be sure; after all, how am I to describe how I taste to people who taste normally?).

About the only time that the condition was possibly dangerous was in my second-year in university. I had just moved into my new room and had turned on the gas heater. My housemate dropped in about an hour later and exclaimed right away about the stink — the gas was leaking, and I didn't even know.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:14   Link #5295
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Does someone know, if there is an offline version of google maps or simillar for certain countries(like Japan)?
Obviously, it doesnt need to have satelite photos. Just streets and such.


Thanks a lot in advance.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:53   Link #5296
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Does someone know, if there is an offline version of google maps or simillar for certain countries(like Japan)?
Obviously, it doesnt need to have satelite photos. Just streets and such.


Thanks a lot in advance.
If you use android you can pre-load maps onto your phone. It's an option under "Google Labs" on the app settings menu.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:45   Link #5297
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
I use Android. Thanks a lot for the info.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:57   Link #5298
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone here suffer from anosmia?

In my case, it is congenital, although I wasn't consciously aware of it until my late teens. It has had no adverse effect on my life, though it does often leave me wistful to know the smells that people describe. I could stand right next to a stall selling D24 durians and not smell a thing, but still enjoy the fruit all the same. I can "taste" just fine, but am probably not able to distinguish between flavours like others can (I can't be sure; after all, how am I to describe how I taste to people who taste normally?).

About the only time that the condition was possibly dangerous was in my second-year in university. I had just moved into my new room and had turned on the gas heater. My housemate dropped in about an hour later and exclaimed right away about the stink the gas was leaking, and I didn't even know.
Interesting. The thing is, since people have different senses of taste, they probably have differing senses of smell. Perhaps no two people fully perceive taste the same way. Or perhaps perception is similar but reaction is different. It's so subjective and personal, it's hard to tell.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 22:21   Link #5299
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
How do you type in Japanese? I doubt you could fit all the Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji characters on a keyboard.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 22:36   Link #5300
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Following the clouds North.
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
How do you type in Japanese? I doubt you could fit all the Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji characters on a keyboard.
Type by romanji or kana.
http://www.coscom.co.jp/learnjapanes...ejapanese.html
__________________

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.