AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 70 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 27.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-12, 06:13   Link #181
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Well color me surprised. I came in expecting the typical bout of mediocrity, and was presented with something far more rewarding.

The dialogue between Hachikuji and Araragi was especially hilarious...and my God, was Araragi always that much of a lolicon? Well, it's not like I can blame him when the only negative thing about this episode probably has him scarred for life. Hitagi is her name, and she's been a thorn at my side ever since her first appearance. Every time I feel satisfied with an episode Hitagi is there to subtract from every other positive aspect of the series.. I think this episode could have very well been a success because they tossed Hitagi in at the start, which gave me nearly an entire episode to forget about her.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 06:25   Link #182
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Also, that's a great OP, almost like a continuation of "Staple Stable"
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:45   Link #183
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
While watching this episode, I kept wondering, if the first season was this ecchi intense as well. I mean, it wasnt just Hachikuji, it was also the whole conversation with his sister, where she was putting her acrobatic skills on display making her kimono drop to stomache upturning levels. Seriously, did her leg flashing add in any way to the plot? Wasnt it more contraproductive, because it was distracting like hell.... not to mention annoying?
I think there was some ecchiness in the first season too and all that "onii-chan crap" from that girl he saved was questionable, but the second season is going way too overboard with it I feel.

Otherwise, I had the feeling the second season has better graphics, the pictures looked clearer, colors stronger.... the scenes with Senjougahara were magnificent, I loved her facial expressions and the way she tilts her head to the side or backwards and gives Araragi a skewed look.

Scene exposition still SUCKS as badly as in the first season. I mean, we arent watching anything animated. As a matter of fact, it is a narrated comics, because the characters hardly move, it is just changing screen shots. I know the creators are trying to be original here, but maybe they are trying too hard.

Overall, I had no idea what the hell the first epidode was about, but I think that was intentional. If I had to summarise the first episode, I would say the second season will be mainly about Araragi-kuns interaction with his sisters and the problems, that will stem from it. The conversation he had with Hachikuji made it obvious he is unsure how to drop the message to them about his supernatural powers and the synopsis of the anime suggests that this will in fact happen, because his sisters will be involved in the plot a lot more than in the first season.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:20   Link #184
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
While watching this episode, I kept wondering, if the first season was this ecchi intense as well. I mean, it wasnt just Hachikuji,
Mayoi was at a similar level of ecchiness in the Bakemonogatari too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
it was also the whole conversation with his sister, where she was putting her acrobatic skills on display making her kimono drop to stomache upturning levels. Seriously, did her leg flashing add in any way to the plot?
Do animated talking heads add anything to the plot? Should these be removed too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Wasnt it more contraproductive, because it was distracting like hell....
Something people do not realize is that anime fundamentally work by hearing the dialogue and watching a picture show (occasionally animated). If your eyes get distracted by a drawing so easily, better not set foot in any european museum or gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
not to mention annoying?
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I think there was some ecchiness in the first season too and all that "onii-chan crap" from that girl he saved was questionable,
Taken out of context... you do know that calling someone big brother/sister (without having that biological relation) is a way to address him/her with both respect and familiarity and not a sexual invitation to whatever perverted action other material has made you believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
but the second season is going way too overboard with it I feel.
What board is it going over? Knesset? The Holy See? Taliban assemblies? oh! wait maybe Republican Primaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Otherwise, I had the feeling the second season has better graphics, the pictures looked clearer, colors stronger....
Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
the scenes with Senjougahara were magnificent, I loved her facial expressions and the way she tilts her head to the side or backwards and gives Araragi a skewed look.
Wait! What?! You're butthurt and distracted from birds and snails, but not from those legs that tried desperately to reveal her underwear to a chained, thirsty, and starving man

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Scene exposition still SUCKS as badly as in the first season. I mean, we arent watching anything animated. As a matter of fact, it is a narrated comics, because the characters hardly move, it is just changing screen shots. I know the creators are trying to be original here, but maybe they are trying too hard.
Move to do what exactly? When Tsukihi and Mayoi (but not Hitagi) moved while talking, you interpret it as a distracting annoyance... you need to get your priorities straight here

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Overall, I had no idea what the hell the first epidode was about,
Should guess that female thighs is a strong candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
but I think that was intentional. If I had to summarise the first episode, I would say the second season will be mainly about Araragi-kuns interaction with his sisters and the problems, that will stem from it. The conversation he had with Hachikuji made it obvious he is unsure how to drop the message to them about his supernatural powers and the synopsis of the anime suggests that this will in fact happen, because his sisters will be involved in the plot a lot more than in the first season.
...
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:38   Link #185
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Mayoi was at a similar level of ecchiness in the Bakemonogatari too.
Yep, it'd should be expected at this point.

Quote:
Do animated talking heads add anything to the plot? Should these be removed too?
Well, it would indicate umm... they're talking? That's somewhat relevant?

Quote:
Something people do not realize is that anime fundamentally work by hearing the dialogue and watching a picture show (occasionally animated). If your eyes get distracted by a drawing so easily, better not set foot in any european museum or gallery
Umm, well sometimes it depends on how well these images are meshed.


Quote:
How so?
Maybe you should quote more than a few words? Honestly, why are you quoting pieces of sentences from a long post like that? It makes it look like you're trying to misrepresent the post. But, of course I know you wouldn't want to belittle people you respond to.

Quote:
Wait! What?! You're butthurt and distracted from birds and snails, but not from those legs that tried desperately to reveal her underwear to a chained, thirsty, and starving man
And exactly how would you know one's behind hurt, besides the fact that maybe it's about 15 min into the episode, and we've been sitting for a while?


Quote:
Move to do what exactly? When Tsukihi and Mayoi (but not Hitagi) moved while talking, you interpret it as a distracting annoyance... you need to get your priorities straight here
Umm, there are certain degrees of moments, and not every instance of non-movement and movement might be considered optimal.


Quote:
Should guess that female thighs is a strong candidate
I can finally go with that.

Quote:
...
Well, at least you finally quoted a substantial amount. Nice response I guess? Oh, I should try to be clever too, so here's an emoticon.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:51   Link #186
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
It does feel kindo unsettling to be taken apart in such a manner.

Different people have different opinions and I think this anime is primarely about interesting dialogues. The leg flashing of under age girls, or even an elementary schooler is disturbing.....

Dont get me wrong, I actually like this anime. Maybe I should have stressed that part more in the first place. I watched Bakemonogatari and loved it and I have no intention of dropping Nisemonogatari at all.

Frankly, if I wacth a new series and I dont like it, mostly I dont even bother commenting on it.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:56   Link #187
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@AW: Belittle, no, never! However much I disagree. Writing in a playful tone is another thing, now if one considers it offensive, PM, I will delete the post with an honest apology

As for quoting a wall of text, brick by brick, it's because there were so many distinct points I disagreed with scattered in that post that writing a generic reply to the whole thing would have sounded like another of Caster/Zero's rumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
It does feel kindo unsettling to be taken apart in such a manner.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound aggressive, I just thought it practical

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Different people have different opinions and I think this anime is primarely about interesting dialogues.The leg flashing of under age girls, or even an elementary schooler is disturbing.....
In real life, generally I can agree, but this is a work of fiction.

As for what to animate, I prefer watching Tsukihi's swedish gymnastics over a rich (yet minimalistic) background to talking heads, zoom in bouncing boobs (@Horizon), even zoom out to walking half circles (@F/Z). Bottomline I think we agree that there little of interest to animate when two people casually talk, however interesting their discussion is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Dont get me wrong, I actually like this anime. Maybe I should have stressed that part more in the first place. I watched Bakemonogatari and loved it and I have no intention of dropping Nisemonogatari at all.

Frankly, if I wacth a new series and I dont like it, mostly I dont even bother commenting on it.
That's what I thought too. Does not change the fact that you find the visuals annoying, and I am pretty sure when Nadeko and Tsukihi join the fray you'll find them even worse

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-12 at 09:06. Reason: more quoting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:01   Link #188
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
It does feel kindo unsettling to be taken apart in such a manner.

Different people have different opinions and I think this anime is primarely about interesting dialogues. The leg flashing of under age girls, or even an elementary schooler is disturbing.....

Dont get me wrong, I actually like this anime. Maybe I should have stressed that part more in the first place. I watched Bakemonogatari and loved it and I have no intention of dropping Nisemonogatari at all.

Frankly, if I wacth a new series and I dont like it, mostly I dont even bother commenting on it.
By now, you should really be acquainted with the amount of fanservice present in the series. The fanservice displayed is nothing compared yet to what has been the put on display the first season. You don't have to like it, but don't be surprised either.

As for having posts taken apart, sometimes it can be because there's small pieces that one just wants to bring up. On the other hand, the purpose of a sentence is to connect ideas into a coherent thought, and a paragraph is one that connects these thoughts into a larger thought. Disassembling into parts defeats the purpose of replying unless you are doing a reply of a reply which doesn't leave you much choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@AW: Belittle, no, never! However much I disagree. Writing in a playful tone is another thing, now if one considers it offensive, PM, I will delete the post with an honest apology

As for quoting a wall of text, brick by brick, it's because there were so many distinct points I disagreed with scattered in that post that writing a generic reply to the whole thing would have sounded like another of Caster/Zero's rumbles
Well, it can get harder to read too if it the text is all over the place. I mean, sure we're viewing a franchise where we're used to that kind of thing, but yea.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:54   Link #189
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
It does feel kindo unsettling to be taken apart in such a manner.
Yeah, I think Malkuth has gone a bit too far. Not offensive, but maybe a bit rude.

There was fanservice even in Bakemonogatari, for example we got naked Hitagi in the second episode. Nisemonogatari kicked it up a notch. While one may argue it doesn't add to the story though, I personally think it doesn't detract from it either. Anyway, sexual tension will always be part of the Monogatari series.

About the scene exposition, I think you are misguided in that the series comes from light novels which were big on dialogues. It's not about originality, it's about how to make something that consists mostly of conversations appealing to the viewer of an anime.

The first episode is Araragi getting kidnapped. Now we got time to think how he will get out of that situation while slowly discovering what caused it in the first place.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 10:09   Link #190
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, it can get harder to read too if it the text is all over the place. I mean, sure we're viewing a franchise where we're used to that kind of thing, but yea.
Well, I assume viewers have read the original, so quotations in replies helps to address a post point by point, otherwise there wouldn't be the option to break it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Yeah, I think Malkuth has gone a bit too far. Not offensive, but maybe a bit rude.
I PMed to clarify, so NP I probably got a little carried away since warito reminded me of an old friend that would have said the same thing these Austrians... so similar
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 10:29   Link #191
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
What a great beginning i cant even express how happy i am the series is back. Love the OP didnt think i could like an OP as much as Staple Stable but apparently i was wrong.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 14:14   Link #192
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Heh. I think the people who thought Hitagi was being cruel to Araragi may be surprised when it actually turns out she's protecting him just like she said she is. Sometimes you may really just have to chain him up to protect him .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 15:12   Link #193
Chase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Best part of the episode was the beginning for me with the Hitagi/Koyomi psychological torture scene. Good to see this anime finally back. OP is great as expected.
__________________
No, just because Setsuna is not spamming the scene, killing everybody and not winning all the time doesn't make him a bad pilot.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 16:24   Link #194
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I somehow forgot how much fanservice Monogatari had. But I don't care. I somehow like the style.

Senjougahara and Araragi.... Reminds me of Bakuman and their "serious humor" discussion.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 16:59   Link #195
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, I assume viewers have read the original, so quotations in replies helps to address a post point by point, otherwise there wouldn't be the option to break it



I PMed to clarify, so NP I probably got a little carried away since warito reminded me of an old friend that would have said the same thing these Austrians... so similar
lol, people better should have watched the original before coming here. I guess it's been a while for some though. May have filtered out certain parts they didn't like. Like for Oreimo, I filtered off half the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Heh. I think the people who thought Hitagi was being cruel to Araragi may be surprised when it actually turns out she's protecting him just like she said she is. Sometimes you may really just have to chain him up to protect him .
I dunno... a lot of oppressive governments have used that excuse before.

"We're taking you in for your own protection"... and they never appear again.

Arararagi might just be doomed to a desolate, yet very sexy fate of never being seen again.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:24   Link #196
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Yeah, I think Malkuth has gone a bit too far. Not offensive, but maybe a bit rude.

There was fanservice even in Bakemonogatari, for example we got naked Hitagi in the second episode. Nisemonogatari kicked it up a notch. While one may argue it doesn't add to the story though, I personally think it doesn't detract from it either. Anyway, sexual tension will always be part of the Monogatari series.
Let us also not forget that there was a detailed panty shot in the first five seconds of Bakemonogatari. There has always been fan service in this series, and there always will be. It's an integral part of its appeal.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:33   Link #197
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Let us also not forget that there was a detailed panty shot in the first five seconds of Bakemonogatari.
That part would technically belong to Kizumonogatari though. And there are people who say Bake had the best beginning...
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:17   Link #198
Candyshark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Wasn't there a post saying Isin doesn't like that his characters are portrayed in very sexual manner?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:29   Link #199
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Wasn't there a post saying Isin doesn't like that his characters are portrayed in very sexual manner?
Pretty doubtful, dude. Nishio's the one who wrote most of this fanservice in the very first place; it's not SHAFT that's responsible for this series having heavy fanservice elements (though it would be SHAFT that's responsible for it being adapted with such high quality, . Nishio x SHAFT is a pretty godly combination, I don't think this can be overstated, lol.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I dunno... a lot of oppressive governments have used that excuse before.

"We're taking you in for your own protection"... and they never appear again.

Arararagi might just be doomed to a desolate, yet very sexy fate of never being seen again.
I don't think even this is necessarily accurate though. Yes, Hitagi chained Araragi up, but I don't think she'll be keeping him chained up against his will. Like I said, all of this S&M stuff is mostly play, and I think that Senjougahara is playing in this sort of situation is her asking Araragi to trust her, or at least hear her (that she feels like he needs to be protected). I mean, I pretty much doubt that Hitagi would actually think this stuff is okay if she were serious. However much she might tease Koyomi, she knows he's not that much of a perverted masochist.

The point is that Hitagi and Araragi are capable of communicating and listening to each other. That Araragi is currently chained to a desk is immaterial; there's no way Hitagi would actually keep him locked up there indefinitely. Similarly, I think that Araragi is capable of understanding and learning from Senjougahara's concerns about him. So the reason he's not fighting back right now is because he doesn't need to.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:09   Link #200
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Can't believe there is people even in here who speaks stupid eechi arguement... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Scene exposition still SUCKS as badly as in the first season. I mean, we arent watching anything animated. As a matter of fact, it is a narrated comics, because the characters hardly move, it is just changing screen shots. I know the creators are trying to be original here, but maybe they are trying too hard.
You don't call it 'SUCKS'. You call it EFFICIENT. As I said before, that's Shaft's major technique; increasing quality of certain animation greatly, and reducing frames in other scene while keep changing the cut scene frequently with Shaft's unique style.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.