AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-13, 00:58   Link #2241
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The EU, if I'm understanding correctly that the protagonists are some sort of EU special forces unit.
The EU had no significant involvement in any of the events in Lelouch of the Rebellion. Since they had no stake in the fate of Tokyo, why would they deploy their strongest military weapons (which could well be one of a kind) in a foreign conflict, when they're fighting tooth and nail for survival back in their own homeland? Akito the Exiled takes place during the same period of time as the first series.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:24   Link #2242
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The EU had no significant involvement in any of the events in Lelouch of the Rebellion. Since they had no stake in the fate of Tokyo, why would they deploy their strongest military weapons (which could well be one of a kind) in a foreign conflict, when they're fighting tooth and nail for survival back in their own homeland? Akito the Exiled takes place during the same period of time as the first series.
The fact that it takes place earlier is what produces these kinds of problems. Surely if they had it then, they could have mass-produced similar, watered down models later (as with the Guren and Lancelot).

As for not having a stake in Tokyo, that's simply not true. Tokyo was the lynchpin. A decisive defeat there was just as much for worldwide morale as it was for Japan. The whole idea was to inspire further rebellion in other Areas, making Britannia weaker from within while also dealing them a harsh military defeat. Why do you think Britannia devoted nearly its entire elite forces to the defense of that nation? Both sides knew it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:42   Link #2243
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I must say, that I was rather enjoying the thought of a sequel than a spin-off series. However it would be unfair to judge this new series just because of that so Iíll give it a try.

Anyway as I remember some episode in Code Geass (not sure if it was season 1 or 2) where you saw Suzuaku fighting the EU with some other knights totally owning them in combat. However I donít recall the EU being defeated, so we might see the reason here.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:24   Link #2244
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
last question I forget to mention yesterday is the pv for box 1 and box 2 special edition coming this january has the same trailer or new trailer? thanks.

Quote:
Anyway as I remember some episode in Code Geass (not sure if it was season 1 or 2) where you saw Suzuaku fighting the EU with some other knights totally owning them in combat. However I don’t recall the EU being defeated, so we might see the reason here.
I recall Suzaku fighting from the Italian border (my memory hurts) as part of Knights of round were gonna see him around more often I think.

and besides they didnt revaeal if the 2017 here is after black rebbellion or before and base on the pictures and scans theyre revealing this might just end prior to EU's 1 month last stand before Zero Requiem.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:31   Link #2245
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The EU, if I'm understanding correctly that the protagonists are some sort of EU special forces unit.
You are right, but what about Tokyo battle?

Quote:
As for not having a stake in Tokyo, that's simply not true. Tokyo was the lynchpin. A decisive defeat there was just as much for worldwide morale as it was for Japan. The whole idea was to inspire further rebellion in other Areas, making Britannia weaker from within while also dealing them a harsh military defeat. Why do you think Britannia devoted nearly its entire elite forces to the defense of that nation? Both sides knew it.
EU had it's own problems at that time - I seriously doubt they would actually participate in Tokyo battle back than. Not to say that they most likely didn't have much of units like W-0 or whatever.
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.

Last edited by konart; 2012-01-13 at 04:53.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:32   Link #2246
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Can't say I'm that excited about the prospects of a new season of CG. No Lelouch and weak looking CGI... I'll give it a chance though but will be very cautious.
Reckoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 05:56   Link #2247
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Can't say I'm that excited about the prospects of a new season of CG. No Lelouch and weak looking CGI... I'll give it a chance though but will be very cautious.
The CG looked pretty nice in higher resolution screenshot than in that LQ trailer vid though.
I'm not worried, Sunrise CG looked getting better and better recently.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 06:18   Link #2248
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
From Code Geass in Wonderland artbook:


Maybe it is related with New OVA? Notice that Lelouch at last pic have same clothes as he have at official website.
yep i knew this series lost it all gone WHAT yea really this indeed big lol to watch http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LWtz8k66ZX...0/9c2bcff0.jpg so lulu is mad matter & nuna is alice ok this yea i don't get it.

should been better if remake/reboot series to prevent "those" events & SAVE it but we got at least worst than THAT http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-all-male-cast indeed THAT it's a trap to watch.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:01   Link #2249
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
EU had it's own problems at that time - I seriously doubt they would actually participate in Tokyo battle back than. Not to say that they most likely didn't have much of units like W-0 or whatever.
In season 1, yeah. They wouldn't participate in that. I meant season 2, the one they did participate in.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 00:09   Link #2250
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Spoiler for KMF Alexander:
Heh, it kinda reminds me of this..

Spoiler:
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:33   Link #2251
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Heh, it kinda reminds me of this..

Spoiler:
I love female mechs. It's one of my weak spots.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:05   Link #2252
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Heh, it kinda reminds me of this..

Spoiler:
where this come from?
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:36   Link #2253
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I am more excited about the Movie now. The myth whether Lelouch is dead or alive mught end after that Movie....
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 10:30   Link #2254
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...hed-in-costume

MY EYES!!
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 13:55   Link #2255
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Yes, the house of horror, but what did you expect?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:08   Link #2256
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but they are all male right?
(No wonder both Kallen & Milly been downgrade to flat chest .)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:56   Link #2257
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
That Tamaki....
99% accurate.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:59   Link #2258
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but they are all male right?
(No wonder both Kallen & Milly been downgrade to flat chest .)
What? There are plenty of females there
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:10   Link #2259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
I am more excited about the Movie now. The myth whether Lelouch is dead or alive mught end after that Movie....
It won't so much end as much as it would be entirely replaced.

I am 99% certain this new movie would be considered the new canon for future series. So there is no need to answer any question from the original TV ending.

It's like how the recent Star Trek movie reboot replaces the official Star Trek universe with an entirely new one.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 13:09   Link #2260
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Any news about the prequel manga?
I kinda want to know what is C.C doing at that time. (The founding of Britannia?)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.