AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-13, 18:54   Link #221
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
well mikono could be sirius and reika's descendant. sirius and reika definetely have the emo and lack of self worth going for them like mikono. she definitely no sylvia thats for sure.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:54   Link #222
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Just watched the first episode, finally

Got to agree that the separation of male and female Elements users are ridiculous,
In retrospect it actually makes a lot of sense.

Spoiler for Not really important:

I know I said this last time and I swear to god I am going into depth but I just have to say this or die.

In both the TV series and OVA's Aquarion's power actually destroyed the world and it required both Apollo and Sylvia to sacrifice their lives to fix things. Remember Sirus was actually Celiane so she still sacrificed her life in the end...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i don't think slyvia and apollo ever got a chance to do anything to get a descendant out of them
:
That was in the series. In the ova, them fixing the world after they realized that Aquarion destroyed it.- ended up creating a parallel universe

In the end..."12,000 years later" Sylvia said "Apollo isn't here" and Pierre said "Apollo?" because she was on her way to meet "Apollo" for the first time. She shouldn't have known his name, because she should have been looking for Apollionus. So I think it's safe to assume that they did procreate in that timeline and the current incarnations come from them and not Apollionus and Celiane. Which would explain the movie being about Sylvia and Apollo instead of Celiane and Apollonius


Oh yeah, Jun hacked the system in the series. Just like with Evol only higher-ups and the descendants of Celiane and Apollonius knew of the legend. It wasn't common knowledge (someone said that in a reply) OH! I almost forgot!!! Cayenne is Reika not Sirius

be back a little later....

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-01-13 at 20:04.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:10   Link #223
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Sirius ended up with Apollo and Toma saving the planet no chance of that.

Though as said reincarnations does not retain their earlier personalities. Apollo, Sylvie, Sirius and Reika were different from those who they reincarnated from.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 01:31   Link #224
KBTKaiser
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 29
Actually, here's how the OVA factors with the TV series.

OVA's finishing Mugen Punch trigger dimensional disturbance that affects an AU, which is actually TV-verse.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 01:54   Link #225
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
OVA's finishing Mugen Punch trigger dimensional disturbance that affects an AU, which is actually TV-verse.

Something like that. Only it began differently, because Sylvia already knew of Apollo and in the series she didn't. It was an alternate timeline that was changed, from the TV series version. Because she had already met Apollo, her actions would change. Because she spent a better part of the TV series denying that was Apollonious. I am actually typing a post right now I just happened to see this comment in the preview. I was just starting to wonder if posting all these screenshots (thumbnails) was worth my time but I see it is now
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 04:50   Link #226
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Sirius ended up with Apollo and Toma saving the planet no chance of that.
I don't understand what you mean. What do you mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Though as said reincarnations does not retain their earlier personalities. Apollo, Sylvie, Sirius and Reika were different from those who they reincarnated from.
No they weren't. In the series --
Hold on! Let me grab the quote from another user because my reply applies to both of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
. To me, the only thing passed through reincarnation in Aquarion are memories and feelings. Aside from the times where the reincarnated was completely taken over by the past incarnation, that still did not change their personality or lifestyle.
Apollo, Sylvia, and Sirius's normal persona was based on whatever environment they were brought up in. Their original personality had nothing to do with their past incarnations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
while Sirius was in a kind of royal family(thus his sophisticated behavior).
--you don't see much of Apollionus' personality in the TV Series. However the second episode shows us that he wasn't that different from Apollo. It also gives us a glimpse Ceiliane's personality and the type of relationship they had. Apollo and Sylvia and ...
This is Episode 2 of the TV series.


When Apollo has a personality transfer and momentarily becomes Apollonious he calls out to Celiane. She becomes angered because he's mocking her. Her reaction filled him with mirth-because it's obvious he enjoys teasing her.

Apollo and Sirius had the same type of relationship. They were competitive and bickered a lot.



For all his sophistication, Sirus was easily antagonized by Apollo, whom he seemed to regard as rival
Sylvia and Celiane was the same way





What does this have to do with their past selves? Well I will tell you. Before I do, I want to tell you that something you said made me think differently than I did when I posted yesterday. I realized that you're absolutely right when you said this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Neither Apollo, nor Apollonius ever seemed to think of themselves as useless trash like Amata did. Now, I understand the psychological hardship Amata had to go through because of his wing power, which is why he was calling himself useless and being emo, but that makes him far LESS like Apollo and Apollonius.
Because of that I no longer believe that Amata and Kagura is one. Because of that I no longer think that Amata is Apollo or Apollionius --Because HE'S SYLVIA/CELIANE!

Because their pasts feelings and memories did govern they way they acted. Celiane was split in two, because she loved Apollo but she also resented her inability to fight along side Apolloinous against Touma. This feeling is something that governed Sirius's actions and his feelings.

As Sirus he said--
"You all dont understand the feeling of living in shame"

In a flashback-Sirius' flashback as Celiane he/she said
"It's as if to say that I can't even come close to those two"

Sylvia, also lamented over her inability to protect "Apollo" in both the series and the ova.
In the OVA she was trying to protect the forests that Apollo held dear, but she failed to do so.



In Episode 7 of the TV Series
While trying to reach out to her brother because she failed to protect "him" 12,000 years ago. She tries do the same only she hit Apollo


In that same episode...
When Touma exposes the darkness of their hearts, Sirus hallucinates that his parents are condemning him for being a failure, because he's not the solar wing. He cries out because he can't compare to the solar wing and he begins to fight with himself only part of him took on the form of Apollo



So the past did effect their personalities and that is one of the reasons I believe that Amata isn't Apollo or Apollionus at all. He's more like Sylvia/Celiane

His feelings of inadequacies are a lot like Celiane and Sylvia. He wants to protect Mikono but he didn't truly believe that he could. He sounds a lot like Sylvia . Like Sylvia, he was ashamed of his powers and hid them for fear of discovery, and hatred because of them

Compare the two...




The TV series...

--and the ova
Makes light of the fact that both Sylvia and Sirius despised their feathers because they weren't the same as other humans. They feared they'd lose everything because of it. Even their friends and loved ones


Amata says the same thing



Incidentally during the mind games Touma played with them in Episode 7
Sylvia's torment was a lot like Amata's flashback

She's chasing after Sirius because he's "leaving her"





It's possible since she has been reborn as both a male and female before.
Because there is no rule that says that both halves of Celiane/ Sylvia have to be reborn at the same time. Sirius was a lot older than Sylvia. Nor is there any ironclad rule that says that her other half, has to be related to her. Ah that made me think of something else you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Sylvia prob became a brocon after her brother was the only one she had in the world.
Ever seen Maze The Megaburst Space?
Female Maze (Mei Ikaruga) was in love with her brother Male Maze (Akira Ikaruga) in the real world. When they were transported to another world they shared one body. Maze was female during the daytime and Male at night.

They were actually one being that was born in two bodies so the bad guys wouldn't take them out, before they were able to correct an imbalance of power in that world. Their taboo love, the fatuous desire was actually caused by the desire to be "One". Their souls wanted to "rejoin" . Sylvia's brother complex was much the same thing. She had a bro-complex because her soul recognized his as being her other half and this is why she was so fixated on "uniting" with Sirius and jealous of Reika. The same could apply to Mikono and Amata. If his soul recognized his other half then he would have a desire to "be with her" and to "protect her" (self preservation) Out of the both of them, one them has some kind of connection with Sylvia "Slyvie"
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The original Apollo was like an animal because he mostly had to hunt for his food like an animal to survive,.
If Apollo had grown up alone or Baron, Chibiko and the others displayed the same animal behaviors. I would be inclined to agree with you. They didn't. Apollonius was an ANGEL he wasn't human. This was the first time he'd ever been human, like he said himself.
"If I hadn't met you I would still be an angel of slaughter"



Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
If that's the case, why is it that Kagura exhibits practically the same traits as Apollo, despite being in such an advanced technological environment? That just doesn't add up to me =02
Because he is Apollo Or at least that's what I believe and it's not just because he's my fave so far. Nor is it because I am leaning more towards a Kagura/Mikono pairing and it's not based on me feeling like Amata is to Aquarion what Suou was to Darker Than Black's Second season A goddamn usurper and I feel like Apollo has just been replaced by someone who's nowhere near as bad ass...
I actually have very good reason for thinking this way --



but I have to step away for a little while and I'm scared firefox will crash and I lose what I already wrote so I am gonna save it and come back to it because I am nowhere finished
stop here for now

TO BE CONT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
However, this Kagura's animal-like behavior seems completely out of place in the world Kagura returned to at the end of ep 2





Spoiler for Quotes I will answer last:
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:50   Link #227
ThomasRomain
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Koenji, Tokyo
I posted on Casuka abductor's design step by step. And it's all in english, just for you!
Please check it out!
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:00   Link #228
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
I posted on Casuka abductor's design step by step. And it's all in english, just for you!
Please check it out!
Quite rare when someone like yourself, who actually works on anime, comes in and offers insight on a board like this. I like the evolution of the Abductor design though, well done
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:01   Link #229
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
I posted on Casuka abductor's design step by step. And it's all in english, just for you!
Please check it out!
That was really a nice read,thanks!
The first thing that strikes me is that work on this started 3 years ago and it seems the project hadn't been already greenlit,do you sometimes do work on projects that never see the light of day?
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:13   Link #230
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
I posted on Casuka abductor's design step by step. And it's all in english, just for you!
Please check it out!
Thanks for posting this, it's always nice to read about how designs develop! It's a pretty cool design, too. Just a question, were the patterns and eagle motif on the mecha your idea, or did you follow a design plan with them?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:25   Link #231
Shinji01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Half Australia, Half Tokyo, Bits and pieces in US
EVOL starts airing on Skyperfect TV in Japan tomorrow evening...
So now I am going through their run through of the first TV series, the OVAs and the movie as we speak.

I am actually pretty amazed how in both Aquarion and Evangelion, they really changed the main male character's personality so much in the "other" version.

I just love watching it all in one go.

Best way to spend my weekend
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:55   Link #232
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
I posted on Casuka abductor's design step by step. And it's all in english, just for you!
Please check it out!
That was very nice, good work and keep doing your best

About the antenna, I can see that your design was meant to be very robotic and functional and therefore something that explicitly shows which direction the mecha is facing should have been unnecessary, but I think Kawamori's idea works better. With the antenna the abductor has somehow a reason to turn its head to show it found a target, which makes it appear like a systematic predator. It's just mimicking a human focusing his gaze, but that adds some personality to the mecha.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 08:22   Link #233
ThomasRomain
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Koenji, Tokyo
Since I came to Japan almost every projects I worked on have been broadcasted. But it is true that you can spend a lot of time on projects without been rewarded by the famous green light. The thing is, by working as inhouse designer at Satelight, all the work I'm been asked cost them money. So producers wait to have enough investors on board before starting even early preproduction. They don't take the risk of asking too much artwork before that. We usually just do 4 or 5 illustrations for helping pitching the project to partners.

About the pattern design. The double wing symbol is the mark of the "bad guys". It was designed separately and is used on every other ennemy mecha or sometimes on background setting. Appart from that the white marking was totally my idea. It gives an aggressive, slightly tribal touch to the robot.
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 09:29   Link #234
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Lord of Pandemonium

I can definitely dig sylvia being amata and mikono. so would you say zesicca and kagura are apollo?
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:18   Link #235
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
About the pattern design. The double wing symbol is the mark of the "bad guys". It was designed separately and is used on every other ennemy mecha or sometimes on background setting. Appart from that the white marking was totally my idea. It gives an aggressive, slightly tribal touch to the robot.
Thank you~ I'll have to watch the episodes again and pay closer attention to the mecha...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 13:45   Link #236
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Lord of Pandemonium

I can definitely dig sylvia being amata and mikono. so would you say zesicca and kagura are apollo?
No. In a little bit I will finish my post. I wasn't nearly done. Because I still have to tell why I think Kagura and only Kagura is Apollo and why I believe that EVOL is 12,000 after the OVA's events with a bit of the TV version but more so the OVA and these are descendent from Sylvia and Apollo and the parallel universe
I think Zessica is there to make you think she's Ceiliane but she's not.

Her mannerisms and her outfit is reminiscent of Celiane and that was deliberate

Apollo has been split in two I will show you when I finish. I also want to go into the reason why I think they separated the sexes in Aquaria BUT first...... I need a little Snoo-Snoo and I am going to watch EVOL 1&2 with my boyfriend. He's a HUGE mecha fan, although he's a ROBOTECH fanboy...I keep telling him it's a Frankenstein but he won't hear of it But he loves Mecha like I do so for that I'm grateful



I will be back!


Is there anyone here that is wiling to make a gif avatar of Kagura for avatar and profile and one for signature or a gif avatar and sig of some very nice renders that I happen to have of Kagura? ...Please
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:29   Link #237
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I have this bad feeling that I'm really going to hate tomorrow's episode. Not in the sense that it'll be badly written, but in that it'll have things that will really piss me off as a viewer; the leaders of the campus are all about "now romantic relationships" and gender seperation, and then you have Cayenne the extreme jackass, and I have the uigly feeling that all of this is going to come down on Amata and Mikono very hard and all at once next episode with plenty of "Forget it chump; no contact with women!" and "Everything bad that happened is your fault!" At least for Mikono there aren't any particularly violent or jackass chartacters on the girls' side (though there is MIX who is clearly anti-male) and they probably won't blame her for anything, but that's not going to help Amata much. And you can bet that they're going to at least want to talk or see each other or something simple, but of course they're going to get a big fat "NO GIRLS/NO BOYS!" >.>

PLEASE abolish this segregation thing early, Kawamori. >.>
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:24   Link #238
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Maybe it's because I LOVE Vandread. The gender thing doesn't bother me, I actually like seeing the characters interact with the opposite genders after separation and it makes sense. They need to be conflicted or else there should be no problems uniting. I am working on my post now, but I just couldn't help but say that.

In the series, if they had any emotional issues or they fought with the crew members, they couldn't unite. It's 12,000 Years later, by now they should have understood what was needed. If Aquarion has become something that must be hidden away, and they're all led to believe that a mixed union is impure. It would keep them from uniting at the times the plot needed Aquarion to fail...

I am going expound on it in my post that has screenies. It's better if I can show and tell you at the same time. I just couldn't help but say that because it seems like the gender issues, are a real issue with the fans


Does anyone know what time and channel this will air. I want to stream it but I don't know when to stream it? Is that allowed? I am not going to get in trouble for that right?
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:12   Link #239
Shinji01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Half Australia, Half Tokyo, Bits and pieces in US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Maybe it's because I LOVE Vandread. The gender thing doesn't bother me, I actually like seeing the characters interact with the opposite genders after separation and it makes sense. They need to be conflicted or else there should be no problems uniting. I am working on my post now, but I just couldn't help but say that.

In the series, if they had any emotional issues or they fought with the crew members, they couldn't unite. It's 12,000 Years later, by now they should have understood what was needed. If Aquarion has become something that must be hidden away, and they're all led to believe that a mixed union is impure. It would keep them from uniting at the times the plot needed Aquarion to fail...

I am going expound on it in my post that has screenies. It's better if I can show and tell you at the same time. I just couldn't help but say that because it seems like the gender issues, are a real issue with the fans


Does anyone know what time and channel this will air. I want to stream it but I don't know when to stream it? Is that allowed? I am not going to get in trouble for that right?

I just finished watching the interview with the creator, and he just said that the whole separation of the sexes was needed to make sure the story had enough love romance. Otherwise its just too much mecha fighting and not enough to develop the characters. But too much and over doing it is a little..hmm....
And from what I knwo from the previous series, they do tend to over do it a bit, when compared to other anime like evangelion.

Though I have to agree that since the whole "I hate you because we were enemies in the past life" stuff has already been done in the first Aquarion, and this plot twist is what makes it different, along with mikono being almost the opposite of Sylvia.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 09:16   Link #240
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
But too much and over doing it is a little..hmm....
I don't think it's overdoing it, though? It's not like males and females are not allowed to mix in the entire world of Aquarion Evol, it's just male and female Elements being separated, for a good reason (or so they think). IMO this is not something you should think too much about.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.