AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 01:37   Link #21
nik9000

Now and Then, Here and There is not exactly post apocalyptic, but it is the tradition. Google it to get a sense of whether it fits your taste. You may also want to look up the Tank Girl comic. I haven't read it but it is supposed to be very good.
Old 2007-08-05, 10:53   Link #22
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwed View Post
I couldn't get through the first disc of Gilgamesh: it looked pretty interesting, but then when I watched it the characters were so flat and boring that it just got on my nerves. It probably didn't help that I was half-way through rewatching Evangelion, though...
Yeah, you have to give Gilgamesh some extra attention in the beginning. It takes 4-5 episodes before you really get an idea (kind of) of what the series is about. Also, the animation, especially early on, is sub-par. If you stick with it, though, the richness of the story and characters is something you won't soon forget. And even though the animation isn't cutting edge, it features a very unique, enjoyable style.
Old 2007-08-07, 04:40   Link #23
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
I'm not really sure but I think trinity blood is also based in a post-apocalyptic world.
Old 2007-08-07, 04:48   Link #24
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Cowboy Bebop is also post-apocalyptic. Here's a background of the apocalyptic moment that doesn't contain any spoilers really, because it takes place before the first episode. You can judge whether or not it's a good match. Of course, it's a great anime also.

Spoiler for Cowboy Bebop:
Old 2007-08-07, 05:54   Link #25
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
If you want a great, unexpected post-apocalyptic anime with a great character development, try Utawarerumono (The One being Sung)
Old 2007-09-17, 01:23   Link #26
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
If you want a great, unexpected post-apocalyptic anime with a great character development, try Utawarerumono (The One being Sung)
Which is actually kind of a spoiler.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2012-01-14, 11:11   Link #27
Darkness339
Unknown

Try Evangelion
Closed Thread