AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-13, 03:16   Link #1
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Recommend me the most emo thing you've ever watched

Once in a while, I have a habit at laughing at Wangst, aka hilariously over the top angst that causes you to laugh at them rather than feel sorry for them.

Basically I am looking for something that has characters that the story attempts to force you to feel sorry for them. Example: Someone has a mental breakdown over losing a children's card game.

My anime list is here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Archon_Wing

Don't worry, this is a rainy day emergency use suggestion, so don't rush.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-13, 04:17   Link #2
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Summer Wars makes SRS BSNS out of an MMORPG/social network hybrid. Although it does become legitimately serious at one point, it's still very entertaining to watch with how closely the family involved is affected and how they end up reacting. I can't say it's "emo" but it still has the overreacting element to it.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Old 2012-01-13, 04:55   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Example: Someone has a mental breakdown over losing a children's card game.
Maybe not too far-fetched if the card that he loose (kinda) holds the soul of his true love who died 10,000 years ago. He himself, being reincarnated, unknowingly have an attachment to it. But, yeah, you’re right. It does look ridiculous from the outside.

Ok, back to topic. I think you’ll get A LOT of ‘wangst’ in shows about toys. Still, if I have to recommend one, that would be Crush Gear Turbo. There’s a lot of wangst there. Mostly concerning the main character, but others have it too. Oh, and it’s a pretty good show compared to many other ‘toy’ shows that has more (boring) cheerful & colorful protagonists. Isn’t that ironic?

In addition, Digimon Savers is pretty wangst-y too, although that show is pretty much unbearable.

Also, why not continue to watch Highschool of the Dead and Yu-Gi-Oh!? I think they have what you’re looking for.
Old 2012-01-13, 05:27   Link #4
Haak
Forever Alone...

I'm not entirely sure if this is the definition that fits but imo Wolf's Rain is by far the most emo thing I have ever seen. Look up the OP theme and you'll see what I mean.
Old 2012-01-13, 08:44   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Saikano.

I generally have a relative high tolerance for teenage angst when it comes to dramas, but this one takes the cake of completely crossing the line even for me. You thought the recently aired Ano Hana was melodramatic and cheesy, just wait till you watch this
Old 2012-01-13, 21:57   Link #6
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Summer Wars makes SRS BSNS out of an MMORPG/social network hybrid. Although it does become legitimately serious at one point, it's still very entertaining to watch with how closely the family involved is affected and how they end up reacting. I can't say it's "emo" but it still has the overreacting element to it.
SRS bzness is the first step to emo. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Maybe not too far-fetched if the card that he loose (kinda) holds the soul of his true love who died 10,000 years ago. He himself, being reincarnated, unknowingly have an attachment to it. But, yeah, you’re right. It does look ridiculous from the outside.

Ok, back to topic. I think you’ll get A LOT of ‘wangst’ in shows about toys. Still, if I have to recommend one, that would be Crush Gear Turbo. There’s a lot of wangst there. Mostly concerning the main character, but others have it too. Oh, and it’s a pretty good show compared to many other ‘toy’ shows that has more (boring) cheerful & colorful protagonists. Isn’t that ironic?

In addition, Digimon Savers is pretty wangst-y too, although that show is pretty much unbearable.

Also, why not continue to watch Highschool of the Dead and Yu-Gi-Oh!? I think they have what you’re looking for.
lol XD Crush Gear Turbo might be interesting. As for HOTD and Yugioh, I think I've had enough of that. Wait, HOTD had emo? I just remember boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not entirely sure if this is the definition that fits but imo Wolf's Rain is by far the most emo thing I have ever seen. Look up the OP theme and you'll see what I mean.
LOL. Interesting. Everything is without color. Reminds me of this Umineko parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4wt5xySSRo (An example of what I'm looking for)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Saikano.

I generally have a relative high tolerance for teenage angst when it comes to dramas, but this one takes the cake of completely crossing the line even for me. You thought the recently aired Ano Hana was melodramatic and cheesy, just wait till you watch this
That suggestion is actually why I even started that thread. But more melodramatic than Ano Hana eh? That's special.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-13, 22:38   Link #7
Elegance

Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora-setting is in the hospital.
Old 2012-01-14, 09:00   Link #8
pinoscotto

saikano, cassern sins, ef, haibane renmei, phantom, bokurano, monster
Old 2012-01-14, 10:28   Link #9
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Totally 2nd Bokurano and Saikano.

You might wanna try KgNE (I don't remember the full title cuz I always see it like that). Personally I hated the anime but it does have some of the things you're looking for.

And the Doma arc of YGO. For filler that's my fave arc of YGO.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2012-01-14, 16:03   Link #10
mecharobot

Your mileage may vary, but I think Infinite Ryvius took teenage anst to levels where it completely lost me.
Closed Thread