AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-27, 08:33   Link #2041
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sounds like the beta line to me.
Quick! Someone make sure they don't get violent this time!
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 11:45   Link #2042
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Yesterday, Crunchyroll announced that it will remove Steins;Gate from its site on December 20. Anyone wishing to watch the series (again) via CR should do so before then.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:24   Link #2043
NaweG
Just some guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yesterday, Crunchyroll announced that it will remove Steins;Gate from its site on December 20. Anyone wishing to watch the series (again) via CR should do so before then.
Trying not to totally derail the discussion, but this is exactly why the streaming companies for videos and hosting companies for manga are not gaining traction. If I paid for something, I rather expect it to be there the next time I want to watch/read it. As it is, you're actually getting better value from the free product than from the paid one...

Back on topic - has the company that made S;G announced any plans to do any more VNs or anime series? I would assume that the revenue stream from S;G is getting a little thin, and I'm not sure an alternate timeline will help them with that
__________________
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:12   Link #2044
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Trying not to totally derail the discussion, but this is exactly why the streaming companies for videos and hosting companies for manga are not gaining traction. If I paid for something, I rather expect it to be there the next time I want to watch/read it. As it is, you're actually getting better value from the free product than from the paid one...

Back on topic - has the company that made S;G announced any plans to do any more VNs or anime series? I would assume that the revenue stream from S;G is getting a little thin, and I'm not sure an alternate timeline will help them with that
I think there's a movie coming out
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:37   Link #2045
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Trying not to totally derail the discussion, but this is exactly why the streaming companies for videos and hosting companies for manga are not gaining traction. If I paid for something, I rather expect it to be there the next time I want to watch/read it. As it is, you're actually getting better value from the free product than from the paid one...
I bet it'll be back online in a couple months via FUNimation's streaming service.
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 16:13   Link #2046
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
^ This, this is pretty standard for a show Funi licenses that was streaming on CR, it's up for another four or five months, is taken down and then is back up on their site a month or two later. And CR does provide plenty of warning so people have a chance to watch it anyway.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 17:57   Link #2047
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
I already have my copy. I also find it a delicious coincidence that the guys at CERN found some faster-than-light neutrinos as I watched the whole show over the weekend.

EDIT: interesting news... I had to laugh in relief after the show has now placed itself on the #3 spot at MAL.

__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2011-11-23 at 07:00.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:37   Link #2048
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-...ture-49305387/

John Titor.....

The future dystopia is......CHOCOLATE
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 23:35   Link #2049
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-...ture-49305387/

John Titor.....

The future dystopia is......CHOCOLATE
LOL, life imitates art!
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 23:58   Link #2050
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15


Okabe goes to Arizona
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 00:13   Link #2051
Sheep_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Whats known so far about the OVA in case anyone is wondering

-It's set in September after the end of Steins;Gate, but before December where the After Story takes place.
-The Lab take a trip to America courtesy of Faris who is attending a con there.
-Kurisu is in Arizona.
-Okabe is going to try and find some way to get to Arizona from LA, even if he has to walk.
-Main focus of the episode is Okabe and Kurisu and what will become of their relationship.
__________________
Sheep_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 10:47   Link #2052
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Whats known so far about the OVA in case anyone is wondering

-It's set in September after the end of Steins;Gate, but before December where the After Story takes place.
-The Lab take a trip to America courtesy of Faris who is attending a con there.
-Kurisu is in Arizona.
-Okabe is going to try and find some way to get to Arizona from LA, even if he has to walk.
-Main focus of the episode is Okabe and Kurisu and what will become of their relationship.
Wait, what is this After Story ? It's the movie ?
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 15:18   Link #2053
Sheep_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
The afterstory is called Saiyaku Koutan no Holy Day. It's a short story that was released in the Choas;Head & Steins;Gate Science Adventure Series Maniacs guide book. Which contains stuff about the world both games take place in and what not. The book's been out of print for a while.

The afterstory is basically
Spoiler for post game/anime spoilers:


It might be what the movie is going to be about given that the OVA fits perfectly in to the timeline before the events in the afterstory happen.
__________________
Sheep_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 16:32   Link #2054
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
So they will continue to tell us what happened after the last episode with Kurisu and Okabe?

THAT IS AWESOME!
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 02:17   Link #2055
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
This is great news Something to look forward too this year. I'm guessing that is Kurisu's part time job ;D
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:20   Link #2056
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
Pre-ordered Hiyoku Renri no Darlin PSP today and noticed OVA news at the same time? Best day of the year so far!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 20:56   Link #2057
ryokoalways
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Does anyone know the theme that plays in episode 22 before the credits? I cannot find it for some reason. Thank you.
ryokoalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 11:40   Link #2058
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
Just thought this was very interesting...

CERN recently discovered something that could possibly lead to actual time travel someday -- neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 01:09   Link #2059
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Just thought this was very interesting...

CERN recently discovered something that could possibly lead to actual time travel someday -- neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light.
This is kind of old news, but you can definately see this in the news trend. I remember my physics teacher being excited for this discovery chanting how Einstein proven wrong. It's kind of interesting how CERN may actually create time machines
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 09:41   Link #2060
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-to-copyrights

TMA got told there.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.