AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-13, 12:50   Link #141
Xeones
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFark View Post
Soo.. when is ep 2 out? Anyone know if this was a weekly/monthly anime? With only 13 episodes I'm kinda assuming its monthly.
It's a weekly series, like all the other ZnT season. Episode 2 is scheduled to air on January 14, if I'm not mistaken.

The only difference is that in the first 3 seasons, they started airing in July... this one started in January.
Xeones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 02:30   Link #142
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
From the summary of ep 2-5 and from what I remember from the light novels, it looks like ep 4 starts to cover the events in vol 15. That means the events in vol 13 & 14 are covered in 3 episodes only.

This season seems to be most rushed and many scenes in the light novels will be cut out.
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:13   Link #143
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
From the summary of ep 2-5 and from what I remember from the light novels, it looks like ep 4 starts to cover the events in vol 15. That means the events in vol 13 & 14 are covered in 3 episodes only.

This season seems to be most rushed and many scenes in the light novels will be cut out.
I think that was pretty obvious from the get-go, given that we know it's only 12 episodes and that it's going to be the final series. If they were going to follow the novels at all, it was going to be in an extremely abbreviated fashion. But, given the amount of time that's lapsed between now and the previous season, getting approval for more episodes was probably not an easy task... so we get what we get.

I for one will just be happy to arrive at some sort of conclusion for the whole cast and story, and it's fun to see them in action again. (As someone who hasn't read the novels, and understands that the previous seasons weren't particularly faithful to them, I'm not going to start worrying about it now...)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 01:15   Link #144
Oblivion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Have the subs for the first episode come out yet?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 15:40   Link #145
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Have the subs for the first episode come out yet?
The show is streaming on Crunchyroll, and the first episode is now open to non-members (in the applicable regions, anyway).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:20   Link #146
Oblivion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The show is streaming on Crunchyroll, and the first episode is now open to non-members (in the applicable regions, anyway).
Ah, thanks.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:34   Link #147
longshot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
interesting their acutally loosening up on their violence yay at last.
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:30   Link #148
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Ah! still after so many years... it ends being about lemons versus marshmallows
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 08:41   Link #149
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hmmmm...I wonder, what is the actual color of Louise's hair? Is it pink or red?
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:21   Link #150
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ The change reflects her personality... red for tsun and pink for dere
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:52   Link #151
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ The change reflects her personality... red for tsun and pink for dere
Seriously? coz I really didn't notice that at all.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:53   Link #152
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure really sure how people can still blame J.C.Staff for the way the novels are being adapted given that the Story Planning for this anime was done by the original author himself. It seems to me that the real J.C.Staff curse is that they always get blamed for anything that happens in any show they're involved with, even if it's not their fault.
Huh? seriously? Is the writer give up the anime or he wants to try something different?
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:03   Link #153
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Seriously? coz I really didn't notice that at all.
I am speculating, I noticed it a couple of times, but never was interested enough in the show to actually rewatch and confirm or deny.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-25 at 00:32.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 23:11   Link #154
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Huh? seriously? Is the writer give up the anime or he wants to try something different?
If I was the author and I only had 12 episodes to cover an impossible amount of content, what would I do? Keeping in mind that I probably want the anime's final season to more or less catch up with the ending of the LNs, what I would do is start cutting and condensing. I have a LOT of material I need to cover, and I want to give the fans the ending they deserve.

If I were the author of ZnT, I also survived cancer, which gives me some perspective on this sort of thing that I will never expect the fans to understand. So yeah, sacrifices will need to be made, but I don't want to end it halfway through with no resolution after 3 seasons of (mostly) filler!

Okay, I'm no longer the author. Speaking for myself, I hope the pace keeps up and we get matching anime and LN endings.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 03:04   Link #155
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
If I was the author and I only had 12 episodes to cover an impossible amount of content, what would I do? Keeping in mind that I probably want the anime's final season to more or less catch up with the ending of the LNs, what I would do is start cutting and condensing. I have a LOT of material I need to cover, and I want to give the fans the ending they deserve.

If I were the author of ZnT, I also survived cancer, which gives me some perspective on this sort of thing that I will never expect the fans to understand. So yeah, sacrifices will need to be made, but I don't want to end it halfway through with no resolution after 3 seasons of (mostly) filler!

Okay, I'm no longer the author. Speaking for myself, I hope the pace keeps up and we get matching anime and LN endings.
You have to concsider that authors health is still not in norm and never was a year before.

He was falling way behind the light novel schedule - I just dont think he would be seriously working with the anime as well when he first need to catch up with the light novels to begin with and it is light novels that are the priority in this case, not the anime. Most likely someone else did most of the planning in anime.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:24   Link #156
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
He was falling way behind the light novel schedule - I just dont think he would be seriously working with the anime as well when he first need to catch up with the light novels to begin with and it is light novels that are the priority in this case, not the anime. Most likely someone else did most of the planning in anime.
I don't fully understand why you are so insistent on this point both here and formerly in the Episode 3 thread. Regardless of the author's health issues, he is credited with the job. You may speculate that he didn't do all the work himself (the show does indeed have a chief writer, Shogo Yasukawa, who is writing the screenplay), but someone else isn't generally going to do the job in a different way than he would have done it and leave it credited in the original author's name. Yes, his health was/is a problem, but planning the anime's content to align with the novels is certainly a job he could easily have done, especially given how well he knows the content in the first place. So I'm not sure what is gained by insisting that he was too sick to have done the job he was credited with doing. On the contrary, I think it's most logical to assume that the job is being done in the way he would have it done, since it has his name on it. That's good enough for me.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:29   Link #157
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
If I was the author and I only had 12 episodes to cover an impossible amount of content, what would I do? Keeping in mind that I probably want the anime's final season to more or less catch up with the ending of the LNs, what I would do is start cutting and condensing. I have a LOT of material I need to cover, and I want to give the fans the ending they deserve.
An alternative might be to rewrite, cut (i.e. leave out entire volumes of source except for key character developments which must then be worked into the covered arcs some other way), and merge existing content so that the story ends up in the same place. It would take tons of work (if it's at all feasible), but pacing issues could possibly be alleviated.

Of course, fans would probably still complain, and there's honestly little incentive to go that far for a final season.

As for J.C.STAFF, if they're to be blamed for something, it would probably be a lack of editorial supervision, as well as iffy schedule management. Contrary to popular belief, they take on a rather laissez-faire approach to content creation. With how they're set up, it's literally impossible for them to be closely involved with any single project since production primarily revolves around a single producer (who's in charge of numerous shows simultaneously and serves as the studio's contact in business negotiations).

They're very much a cog in the system as opposed to an active participant in creation.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 13:36   Link #158
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't fully understand why you are so insistent on this point both here and formerly in the Episode 3 thread. Regardless of the author's health issues, he is credited with the job. You may speculate that he didn't do all the work himself (the show does indeed have a chief writer, Shogo Yasukawa, who is writing the screenplay), but someone else isn't generally going to do the job in a different way than he would have done it and leave it credited in the original author's name. Yes, his health was/is a problem, but planning the anime's content to align with the novels is certainly a job he could easily have done, especially given how well he knows the content in the first place. So I'm not sure what is gained by insisting that he was too sick to have done the job he was credited with doing. On the contrary, I think it's most logical to assume that the job is being done in the way he would have it done, since it has his name on it. That's good enough for me.
The thing is that they made the author sound like he was some kind of director number 2 but in reality his work could only be very light and his involvement with the project isnt as deep as advertised.

His prime focus is Novels and catching up with schedule (hope it is 'just' catching up the LN schedule rather than being able to finish it all which would make it more grim). Anime if involved just could not physically have the authors deep involvement in the project.

The person who is mainly responsible for most of cutting and blending is not the author.

In fact authors when asked to get involved in anime are happy with anime being released to begin with and very rarely criticize anything that is done to the anime, unless they are really self-centered which happens rarely in Japanese culture. Meaning that the authors input is usually really small, because they are simply content with it being done rather than it being done well. Because no matter how crappy it is it can serve at least as an advertising of his/her own novels (even negative advertising is still advertising).

But of course company advertise as if the authors production is very strong and notable to give the anime a more credibility (hey author worked with it, you cant complain now!) while in reality it often turns out that their real role was far much smaller than advertised. And in ZnT case given the authors condition throughout the last year where he could barely sit down to work on his main focus (LN), such scenario seems to be very, very likely.

Thats why it annoys me when some fools start pointing - hey the author is making it. You really need to separate advertising and the actual process, particularly in this case when everything is pointing to authors only very minimal involvement with it all (due to health issues).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:14   Link #159
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In fact authors when asked to get involved in anime are happy with anime being released to begin with and very rarely criticize anything that is done to the anime, unless they are really self-centered which happens rarely in Japanese culture. Meaning that the authors input is usually really small, because they are simply content with it being done rather than it being done well. Because no matter how crappy it is it can serve at least as an advertising of his/her own novels (even negative advertising is still advertising).

But of course company advertise as if the authors production is very strong and notable to give the anime a more credibility (hey author worked with it, you cant complain now!) while in reality it often turns out that their real role was far much smaller than advertised. And in ZnT case given the authors condition throughout the last year where he could barely sit down to work on his main focus (LN), such scenario seems to be very, very likely.

Thats why it annoys me when some fools start pointing - hey the author is making it. You really need to separate advertising and the actual process, particularly in this case when everything is pointing to authors only very minimal involvement with it all (due to health issues).
But your argument basically comes down to "it's all marketing, there's no way he's actually doing the work, the production committee is just lying, and you're fools if you believe otherwise". Okay, but do you have any evidence to back up your claims? We do know the author has had health issues, but we do not know what impact this had on the work he did for the anime other than his name still being in the credits, unlike all the previous seasons. Your guess about the level of involvement is as good as anyone else's. If you have actual evidence about the author's work and role and not just conjecture and speculation, that would be most welcome. Without any evidence (other than "take my word for it"), I don't think it's appropriate for you to call anyone "fools". You've often taken this sort of arrogant attitude on these forums, and it's not helpful or productive.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:55   Link #160
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
With only 12 episodes to work with, the material was going to be cut, condensed, and modified no matter who handled the story planning. Yamaguchi and the scriptwriters worked within the limitations.

There was never any reason to expect the impossible.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.