AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 04:01   Link #101
Undertaker

whoa hold on...

While Shanks might come out seemly unscathed during his little skirmish with Kaido, that doesn't mean Kaido got his ass kicked.

All that was been said was that Kaido attempted to attack WB from behind and was intercepted by Shanks. For all we know Kaido could have just retreated and the two never fought.

Really, Croc was the first Shikibukai to fall, but any sane person won't say that he is the weakest of the Shikibukai and same can be said with Moria. Heck, everyone keep saying Daflamago is strong, but we have yet to see him in a direct fight, all we seen so far was him using his power to manipulate others to fight not unlike what Moria does.

Heck, one could even argure that Shanks isn't as strong a 1-on-1 fighter considering that Mihawk didn't care to duel him anymore and he might be more feared due to his haoshoku haki than his combat ability.

Are there strength differences? Sure, but so far other than WB being the strongest, there is zero supporting fact on who is the next strongest.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-01-16 at 08:19.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:46   Link #102
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Sometimes when I pass here and see the kinds of utter nonsense some people talk it just makes me feel like humans as a whole are regressing.

It's like some people just don't read the manga, or they read it, and interpret it on a wild tangent. And then there are the random strange people who make the weirdest comments, like that weird person on the first page talking about Foxy all of a sudden. The crew is moving into the New World, and a Yonkou challenge is on the way, and the best contribution you could make to the discussion is to talk about Foxy, a side character who is almost completely irrelevant; his crew will probably never make it past the first half of the Grand Line.

And for the rest of the random assertions, and then a mentally stunted person comparing Pekoms to some character from Alice in Wonderland. I think when I read that post, I had my mind blown by how outlandishly moronic the idea was. Like, I don't think I could have made that retardedly insane kind of association even if I received formal training for it. I think when I read that post I quite easily may have lost anywhere between 40 and 60 IQ, no joke.

Is it that some of the people here probably, I don't know, just when they read the manga, they process the words, but their definition of the words is mapped to some nonstandard English dictionary, so the words have different meanings or something? Sometimes I pass here and I read, and the chapter may have clearly stated that X is the case. Then you see some incomprehensibly weird person saying something totally different and people have to REPLY to him and correct him on something that was made CLEAR in the chapter he would have only JUST read within the last week.

Like, what? It just confuses me so much...
Pretty much the reason I don't visit these forums or at least the naruto, one piece and bleach sections because I face palm half the time when reading the comments
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:34   Link #103
marvelB

^Heh, while a bunch of us may make some cockamamie theories now and then (half of them not even being serious anyhow), they still don't even begin to compare to some of the crazy crap that I've seen typed up at forums like AP and Narutofan.... simply put, the cognitive dissonance posted here is extremely pale in comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
But without a doubt, there will be rankings among them -- that's the nature of Shounen

While true to an extent, that's not really an absolute rule, either. For instance, series like Jojo and Hunter x Hunter are prime examples of series that don't really follow that formula to a T. Heck, even in this very series we've seen that there's no no large power gap between the monster trio (I don't deny that Luffy is slightly above Zoro and Sanji, but I just wouldn't say that it's by a very large margin). And really, considering that we're talking about the freaking rulers of the New World here, I pretty have to go back to what I said before about how irresponsible it is to consider the possibility of an "entry-level" yonkou.....

Oh, and yes, there IS a chapter this week. Expect to see the new thread sometime later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: And as promised....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-01-18 at 06:26.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote