AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-15, 10:12   Link #221
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Ep. 15

Wow, Rook is seriously messed up.

Spoiler for ep 15:


And apparently next month Gammon's little sister will appear. Her name is Sakanoue Miharu and she'll be voiced by Taketatsu Ayana.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:44   Link #222
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 15:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:30   Link #223
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Damn, Rook is no puzzle maker, he's a torture creater. All those idea's he had drawn in that book when he was younger was pretty sadistic of him...but what could have triggered him to draw things like that? Or more importantly, where did he learn to draw things like that? The room Rook was living in looked more like a pirson cell than a classroom for a private school. More must have happened to him than what we can see...

Ana says some pretty interesting things, and his painting are quite wonderful. He sure did make me smile when he shouted "Good evening" at the woman XD Oh Ana, you are still polite to even the most suspicious people I find it cute how he's not even fazed when he's having the options given to him, he's to interested in the surroundings

The shock on the characters faces when they learn that Ana is a boy never seizes to amaze me

Lastly, that ending was quite nice. It appears Rook still has some good in him from when he was a child until he turned into the way he was now. Maybe there is still hope for his and Kaito's friendship. So it appears it's Gammon's turn next episode.
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:10   Link #224
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
One thing seems to be sure: Rook wasn't always the emotionless, ruthless guy he is now, but was made that way by the POG. His old puzzle may be the key to get him to treat Kaito as his friend once again.

I loved how Ana remained clueless about what went on around him and merely followed his sixth sense, much to his host's fury. And he seems to know more about Kaito's relationship with Rook (or rather, the possibly consequences thereof) than we're aware of. Probably because he always speaks quite cryptically.

So, next week is Gammon's turn to suffer and by the looks of it, he'll fail miserably and will need Kaito to intervene. I wonder how that will go with Nonoha, who doesn't have any puzzle-solving abilities whatsoever, assuming she too gets a turn. Wouldn't it be awesome if she can survive a puzzle without Kaito's help and Gammon cannot?

I wonder who the true Big Bad within the POG is, because I'm quite sure that Rook's not it.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:11   Link #225
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Only recently found this, and was surprised to realize it is actually ongoing.

Not much to say that hasn't be said before. 'Death trap puzzles by people with more money than morals' has never been so good animated.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:29   Link #226
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I wonder who the true Big Bad within the POG is, because I'm quite sure that Rook's not it.
Agreed, Rook is way too obvious. Jin? Bit obvious too, as he is the "mystery character" so I'd say another decoy. I'd be surprised if the main baddie turns out to be someone we haven't seen yet. Anime law nr 3524 requires a scooby doo moment, when the seemingly good guy takes off the mask and reveals himself as the Big Bad Giver.

...
Nonoha?
__________________
PiggyBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 04:04   Link #227
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Second season greenlit: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ets-2nd-season

What they're basically saying is that this show will just continue on into Spring without taking a breather.

And I'm totally fine with that.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:47   Link #228
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Kaito and his feelings about Rook..
The flashbacks were not too necessary, but there still were a few.
The Stonehenge-like puzzle was kinda interesting.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 15:23   Link #229
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Phi Brain has been renewed for a second season!

I seriously didn't expect this, but I'm very glad. Yay!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 17:46   Link #230
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Phi Brain has been renewed for a second season!

I seriously didn't expect this, but I'm very glad. Yay!
Wow,that's a surprise,were the ratings that good?
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:02   Link #231
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I don't know, but it's an NHK show, so even ratings don't matter that much. Of course, if it was doing truly awfully it wouldn't have gotten a second season, but it seems people are enjoying it.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:03   Link #232
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Second season?

I am one happy fan
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:12   Link #233
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Phi Brain has been renewed for a second season!

I seriously didn't expect this, but I'm very glad. Yay!
Enjoying some of the butthurt over this that I've seen. Any time a show that isn't a community designated "best show", isn't ridiculously hyped going in and out of it's run, or is just plain low key in it's exposure overseas gets a second season the entire internet anime community freaks out about how a "shitty show" got a sequel and their pet favorite show didn't and I love it.

Maybe it got continued cause...I don't know...Sunrise actually has something resembling capital and assets and can afford to greenlight a second season of a show really quickly while other studios haven't played their financial cards right over the years and thus have to wait a bit before they can go another round with a show most of the time and really have to take every single project as a huge risk. Also while most show struggle to get up to the 26 episode mark, for Sunrise 50 episodes really isn't all that out of the ordinary even in this day and age since again...having actual capital and assets allow them to do them. It would surprise me if the producers were already holding out on the likelihood of a 50 episode kids show with the Phi Brain project and were just waiting to see if they had a reason to go ahead with it. I mean sometimes that's just how it goes....and to be honest I could see kids in Japan really digging this show and that being plenty enough of a reason to greenlight more of it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-01-18 at 18:31.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 19:12   Link #234
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Happy there will be another season. From reading the article i'm wondering how the new players will fit into the story.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 19:12   Link #235
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Enjoying some of the butthurt over this that I've seen.
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I'm not amused by the gritting of teeth this news caused.

As for why it got a second season, I think it has to do more with NHK than Sunrise. NHK is paid by license fees so ratings don't affect their programming as much as they would other channels which are more dependent on commercials. NHK also has more money at their disposal than other channels.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 22:58   Link #236
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
How can this get anther season
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 01:02   Link #237
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
I wonder if the plot feels off because NHK is censoring the more serious parts? If so BOO!
But YAY! For more Rook Shenanigans.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 02:10   Link #238
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
I wonder if the plot feels off because NHK is censoring the more serious parts? If so BOO!
Why would anyone censor anything? This anime is made for and sponsored by NHK, it doesn't have anything NHK doesn't want.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 00:05   Link #239
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Why would anyone censor anything? This anime is made for and sponsored by NHK, it doesn't have anything NHK doesn't want.
But don't you notice at times that the plot felt shallow and is prone to a lot of narm moments?
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 01:54   Link #240
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
But don't you notice at times that the plot felt shallow and is prone to a lot of narm moments?
That's because the plot often is shallow and it's prone to a lot of narm moments. Your point is...?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.