AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 30 55.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 20.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-17, 20:30   Link #81
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
OK, basically what I've been asking is: suppose a Flame Haze has a huge PoE pool. Does it regenerate by itself overtime, or does it have to be restored from an outside source? Because if they regenerate over time, then Reiji Maigo isn't all that exclusive anymore now, is it? No matter how large the pool is, if it's constantly used without being replenished, it's bound to run out sometime, wouldn't it? But it doesn't seem that the Flame Hazes hesitate to use their powers which means they should have a stable supply line that prevents them from running out of fuel, right? where does this renewable fuel came from? Does being a Crimson Lord means you can supply your contractor with seemingly limitless PoE? If so, why do the Crimson Lords, strictly a denizen of the Crimson World have all that PoE? Wasn't Crimson World supposedly devoid of PoE which was why denizens came to our world in the first place?
Unknown as they don't delve into it.

But it's stated that the first time Crimson denizens set foot on Earth they realized that by eating Humans they could perform lots of spells and acquire more power. It's only when the Crimson Lords actually manifest physically into Earth that they require PoE (Such as Alastor manifesting to use up the massive amount of PoE that was running around).

Quote:
I get that. Which is why I said that if the denizens are gone, then they'd have no choice but to go away too. Since the very reason of Flame Haze existence is "vengeance" and for the "balance of the worlds", while protecting the world of humans as a result, that doesn't strictly make them allies of humans either. With the denizens gone, they'll probably have nowhere to direct that vengeance other than themselves, or against humans. Which is why I think that probably the "good" flame-hazes would've preferred to self destruct, because with no denizen to disturb the balance, the Flame-Haze's existence themselves might cause the unbalance they feared.
If Denizens go then the Flame Hazes can retire as their mission will be completed. That was the whole point of the contract and I'm sure the Lords will keep them to it. Margery herself is quite the battle freak and after Yuji's words she completely broke down and only survived because of her love for Satou.

I mean these recent events have shown just how fragile the Flame Hazes' minds are.

Quote:
I don't think anybody said denizens don't eat humans.
You just said,

Power =/= eating humans

Denizens gain power by eating humans.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2012-01-17, 20:57   Link #82
Mad_Scientist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Unknown as they don't delve into it.
I'm guessing this is something that is gone into much deeper in the novels, but sadly I don't read Japanese so I can't say for sure. Some time I'll have to at least pick up the 2 Viz novels, but I digress.

Anyways, if I had to guess based on the anime and the novels details I've seen, it would go something like this:

Humans are born with a certain amount of Power of Existence, and that power varies from human to human. It can increase as the person continues to live and have a greater influence on its surroundings. However, a human's Power of Existence is directly tied to the essence of its being, so if any of it is eaten, the human dies and whatever residue remains burns out.

Crimson Denizens have their own Power of Existence, and like humans, it can increase over time. But unlike humans, it is somewhat separate from the Denizen's core self, so a Denizen can use its own Power of Existence without killing itself, as long as it does not use more power than it possesses. But the amount of Power of Existence a Denizen, especially a weak one, can generate by itself is very limited. So many of them consume humans to be able to do more things.

Now, I can't say whether all of the above is true, but it would make sense of what I've seen in the anime and some of the Light Novel details I've read. It would explain why the Midnight Lost Child is so important as well. A normal Denizen/Lord can only slowly recover lost Power of Existence, but the Midnight Lost Child restores all Power of Existence lost during the day.



Quote:
You just said,

Power =/= eating humans

Denizens gain power by eating humans.
That's their main source, but they obviously have other ways to gain power, even if most of them don't provide as much.
Mad_Scientist is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 06:15   Link #83
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Perhaps I was unclear, but Mad_Scientist nailed it.

eating humans is not the only way to gain power, but it is the easier way (the spiral organ only eat torches, remember?). so, while eating humans means getting power, getting power doesn't strictly equal to eating humans. as in, not strictly limited to it.

So I guess a flame haze's or a denizen's PoE pool does regenerate overtime, albeit very slowly? I still wonder though, does Flame Hazes have the ability to absorb their defeated foe's PoE? So if they kill more denizens, they'll have more power.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 10:22   Link #84
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
eating humans is not the only way to gain power, but it is the easier way (the spiral organ only eat torches, remember?). so, while eating humans means getting power, getting power doesn't strictly equal to eating humans. as in, not strictly limited to it.
.
How did they become a torch in the first place? Because someone already ate them so not sure why your trying to defend them as the good guys.

The Frigane hunter was also using torches too in order to use his city devouring spell.

Spiral Organ simply restricted herself to taking torches in order to avoid upsetting the balance and at the same time avoid drawing attention from flame hazes which is why Shana stepped in to protect her. Afterall they're already dead and will cease to exist so might as well use them.

Frigane on the other hand turned tons of humans into torches in order to use his spells so does that make him a good guy then who was misunderstood since he only was focusing on torches?

Difference is is that Spiral simply is using left over embers. Frigane is the one eating them. One is upsetting the balance while the other is using power that is just about to fade away.

Quote:
So I guess a flame haze's or a denizen's PoE pool does regenerate overtime, albeit very slowly? I still wonder though, does Flame Hazes have the ability to absorb their defeated foe's PoE? So if they kill more denizens, they'll have more power.
Again Denizens are those who eat humans. Crimson lords and gods are beings that have attained that rank when they have gained tons of PoE so that is perhaps what their pool is based on.

The only case a flame haze absorbed PoE was when Shana manifested Alastor as that is the only time a Crimson Lord would actually require PoE.

Anytime a Crimson Lord manifested onto Earth (Like Frigane or the nine lords that the flame haze army fought against) they required PoE to do so.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-01-18 at 10:36.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 15:00   Link #85
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
I have a theory. This is the same world as Fate/Stay night. I don't think anything is particularly spoilerish below, but read at your own risk.

Spoiler for FSN:
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 15:29   Link #86
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I have a theory. This is the same world as Fate/Stay night. I don't think anything is particularly spoilerish below, but read at your own risk.

Spoiler for FSN:
That would be funny though, but I don't think that's the case
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 15:55   Link #87
Mad_Scientist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
How did they become a torch in the first place? Because someone already ate them so not sure why your trying to defend them as the good guys.
We are not saying that the Denizens who eat humans are good guys. Why do you keep on acting like we are? What we are saying is that not all Denizens eat humans. Remember Pheles? She vowed to not eat humans (it's implied she used to) because of Johan.

Quote:
The Frigane hunter was also using torches too in order to use his city devouring spell.

Spiral Organ simply restricted herself to taking torches in order to avoid upsetting the balance and at the same time avoid drawing attention from flame hazes which is why Shana stepped in to protect her. Afterall they're already dead and will cease to exist so might as well use them.

Frigane on the other hand turned tons of humans into torches in order to use his spells so does that make him a good guy then who was misunderstood since he only was focusing on torches?
Now you are just being absurd and making up straw man arguments. None of us would claim that Friagne is a good guy. He ate those humans to make the torches in the first place, and was using a spell to try and eat an entire city. So he was NOT just focusing on torches, he just happened to use torches as part of a larger plan. He was still eating humans. None of us claimed otherwise.

Quote:
Difference is is that Spiral simply is using left over embers. Frigane is the one eating them. One is upsetting the balance while the other is using power that is just about to fade away.
If you understand that, why did you bring up Friagne in the first place? None of us were claiming Friagne was a good guy, so why did you act like we were?

Quote:
Again Denizens are those who eat humans. Crimson lords and gods are beings that have attained that rank when they have gained tons of PoE so that is perhaps what their pool is based on.
Wrong. Not all Denizens eat humans. Alastor is a Denizen. Every single Crimson Lord is also a Denizen. A Crimson Lord is not a different type of being than a Crimson Denizen (Though true gods like Alastor and Snake of the Festival might be an exception, but we've only seen two of them so far)

A Crimson Lord is just a Crimson Denizen with a lot of power. It doesn't mean they are good. It doesn't mean they don't eat people. Friagne was a Crimson Lord, and he ate people and was evil.

Stop assuming Crimson Lord means "good guy who doesn't eat humans" and Crimson Denizen means "bad guy who does eat humans." That's not always the case.

Quote:
The only case a flame haze absorbed PoE was when Shana manifested Alastor as that is the only time a Crimson Lord would actually require PoE.
Unrestricted method/spells require Power of Existence. This is made quite clear. When Yuji made Seals as a mystes, he did it using his own Power of Existence, which was replaced every day at Midnight. When Shana makes a Seal, where does she get the Power of Existence for it? Why does she not eventually run out of it?

I already gave my view on that, but I'm curious as to what you think.




Let me say something else. Most of the Denizens fighting for Yuji/Snake of the Festival are clearly not good guys. I am not trying to claim that they are all among the few Denizens that don't eat humans, I bet most of them do eat humans. But that doesn't mean they are on the wrong side of the current conflict.

If a man jumps into a river to save a drowning baby, does his action become evil if you lean he's actually a horrible person and is saving the baby because the child is a relative of Bill Gates, and the man figures he might get a nice reward? Of course not. The man is not a good person, but regardless of motives, he still saved a baby from drowning. That is ultimately a good thing, even if done for the wrong reasons.

So yes, most of the Denizens following Yuji are surely selfish beings who couldn't give a crap about humanity, and only want their paradise. That does not change the fact that, assuming there is no catch or flaw in Yuji's plan, humanity will be helped.

Of course, maybe there is a flaw in Yuji's plan. Maybe the Flame Hazes are right, and Yuji will only destroy the world if left unopposed. But we don't know the answer to that yet. It's possible that the Flame Hazes may not be "bad guys" but rather good guys who are fighting on the wrong side because they are misguided.
Mad_Scientist is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 16:38   Link #88
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Damn it lost my post.

The arguments from the posts are making the flame hazes out as the bad guys and trying to make the denizens seem the good guys with arguments like,

power =/= humans.

The majority of denizens (99%) eat humans so I'll stick with that definition.

Spiral Organ feeds only on torches and this does not affect the balance much so she's not an enemy of the Flame hazes.

Pheles doesn't need to feed anymore because she's got her boy toy to fill her up inside.

They are special circumstances but generally speaking denizens need to feed on humans in order to sustain themselves in Earth. The badder ones use more in order to achieve "miracles"

The argument was that consuming humans wasn't the only method but in reality it is as torches are made by humans anyways.

There has never been an instance of a flame haze feeding on a human to power themselves and while the novel doesn't go into it it is what it is. To do so would defeat the purpose.

When yuri was battling annabest his lord told him that he was just about to run out of energy which I guess would mean he would die if he did so it's not unlimited. I'm guessing the Lord provides it and because of their massive potential regenerates it daily.

This is why I stated that the second a Crimson Lord steps onto earth they need to start consuming PoE to remain there. AKA Alastor being released.

Quote:
Of course, maybe there is a flaw in Yuji's plan. Maybe the Flame Hazes are right, and Yuji will only destroy the world if left unopposed. But we don't know the answer to that yet. It's possible that the Flame Hazes may not be "bad guys" but rather good guys who are fighting on the wrong side because they are misguided.
I'm more curious as to where yuji is getting the necessary power to actually clone an entire world. This is one of the reasons the Flame Hazes went against him as making even an isolated world required tons of PoE
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 16:46   Link #89
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
The fact of the matter is that both sides are neither good nor bad. As the God of Creation, Yuji can see that--he certainly understands why Flame Hazes need to fight after hanging around with Shana, Wilhelmina, and Margery for so long. He also understands why Denizens need to feed, thanks to his merging with the Snake of the Festival and all his memories.

And he's not happy with any of it. Up until now it was depicted as white vs. black, but now it's really just gray vs. grayish-black.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 18:48   Link #90
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The fact of the matter is that both sides are neither good nor bad. As the God of Creation, Yuji can see that--he certainly understands why Flame Hazes need to fight after hanging around with Shana, Wilhelmina, and Margery for so long. He also understands why Denizens need to feed, thanks to his merging with the Snake of the Festival and all his memories.

And he's not happy with any of it. Up until now it was depicted as white vs. black, but now it's really just gray vs. grayish-black.
I agree. Yuji doesn't hate the tomogara or the flame hazes. He understands both sides. Both have reasons to do what they do. What he hates are the principles of the world: Tomogara need PoE to stay alive and to make their wishes come true -> Tomogara eat humans because it's the easiest way to gain PoE -> humans are eaten, disappear and are forgotten -> humans disappearing to quickly disrupt the balance -> flame haze are made to maintain the balance -> flame haze and tomogara fight a never ending battle.

I guess you could say the principle of 'survival of the fittest' applies here. Humans have no chance in this world. And since the battle between the flame hazes and the tomogara will never end at this rate, this world just isn't a peaceful place to be. No party is content with how things are right now.

Actually, I think Yuji understood all of this a long time ago. Ever since he met and fell in love with Shana he's been thinking of ways to stop this endless struggle. In order to save her from battle and in order to be with her, he had to change the world. But since he was just a mystes, he couldn't change anything. This made him frustated and he decided to become as strong as he possible could by asking training from Shana, Margery and Wilhelmina.

It's only now that he can make a big difference. After joining with SnH he now has the power and the knowledge he needs to change the rules of the world. And he'll do anything in order to accomplish this feat, even if it means starting a war. Since the flame hazes stopped SnH in the past, he knows that he can't avoid these battles with the flame hazes now.

He knows that everyone will benefit from his plans in the end though. So no matter how much he hates hurting others, no matter how much he hates fighting his loved one, he won't stop. In order to create a peaceful world....in order to be with the one he loves....he has to perservere.
__________________
Deathscyther is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 19:09   Link #91
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
The arguments from the posts are making the flame hazes out as the bad guys and trying to make the denizens seem the good guys with arguments like,

power =/= humans.
Please don't argue merely for the sake of argument if you don't really get what I'm trying to say. Slow down and think it through, then think again. How is me saying power =/= eating humans means saying that the denizens are good and the flame haze are bad? OK, I think I get that you've been talking about how denizens get power, but I'm simply addressing the issue of acquiring power regardless of who's doing it. Acquiring power, in itself, as an act, ignoring who's doing it, is not limited to merely eating humans.

Quote:
There has never been an instance of a flame haze feeding on a human to power themselves and while the novel doesn't go into it it is what it is. To do so would defeat the purpose.

When yuri was battling annabest his lord told him that he was just about to run out of energy which I guess would mean he would die if he did so it's not unlimited. I'm guessing the Lord provides it and because of their massive potential regenerates it daily.

This is why I stated that the second a Crimson Lord steps onto earth they need to start consuming PoE to remain there. AKA Alastor being released.
See, you don't even know for sure where Flame Hazes get their source of power. Why would Crimson Lords need PoE to remain on earth if the Lords are what the Flame Hazes get their source of PoE? If there's anyone who can regenerate PoE, then it should be the Flame Haze, not the Lords, because it would beat the purpose of Lords needing contractors in the first place.

And yes, let's not forget that Crimson Lords ARE denizens themselves. You seem to conveniently forget that fact. So the questions are: do denizens have a pool of PoE themselves? Are they able to regenerate it by themselves? Was the reason denizens eat humans really so they could continue to exist on earth or was it so they could do more things more rapidly?

Also, I was asking whether the Flame Hazes, not the Lords, could absorb the PoE of their slain foes. Because if regeneration is limited (it must be so to make reiji maigo an extremely unique tool), then there should be another source that keeps the flame hazes at full strength (jizaihou uses PoE, and it's shown that Flame Hazes uses PoE to strengthen their body to super human levels, just as Yuuji eventually learned to). Could it be that Flame Hazes "eat" denizens similar to the way denizens "eat" human to remain at their top form ? It seems logical to me, and the most satisfying answer that doesn't vilify the Flame Hazes.

Let me keep the disclaimer that I'm not trying to make the denizens the good guys or the flame hazes the bad guys, so if you get that impression then you need to reread my posts with less bias in mind (bias is a powerful thing, it enables you to misread everything about someone else). I was merely speculating and trying to have a good discussion on the topic "where did the flame hazes get their powers from?".
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 19:53   Link #92
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
The way I see it is, denizen cannot regenerate their own PoE pool as long as they remain in this world. Do the denizens need to use PoE when they are in Guze? If they do, then maybe they regenerate it themselves as long as they are in their own world.
Since they want to live in this words however, they need to make themselves materialize and that costs PoE. The PoE pool they own will not regenerate on its own while they are in a foreign world where they dont belong, so they eat humans to refill.

For Flame Hazes, while they give up their "identity" and humanity in a way they are still inhabitants of this world. Because they are natives of this world they do not need to consume other's PoE since their own pool will regenerate itself. If they had a large PoE when they were still human then they will be able to draw out more of their contractor's power.

This is how I've always seen it...I dont think the novels ever really explained this though.
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 20:13   Link #93
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
The way I see it is, denizen cannot regenerate their own PoE pool as long as they remain in this world. Do the denizens need to use PoE when they are in Guze? If they do, then maybe they regenerate it themselves as long as they are in their own world.
Since they want to live in this words however, they need to make themselves materialize and that costs PoE. The PoE pool they own will not regenerate on its own while they are in a foreign world where they dont belong, so they eat humans to refill.

For Flame Hazes, while they give up their "identity" and humanity in a way they are still inhabitants of this world. Because they are natives of this world they do not need to consume other's PoE since their own pool will regenerate itself. If they had a large PoE when they were still human then they will be able to draw out more of their contractor's power.

This is how I've always seen it...I dont think the novels ever really explained this though.
Hmm...yes, that makes sense. The denizens are foreign objects, so they need a local source of energy to materialize. Eh, wait, do denizens have PoE pools themselves? Why are they trying to live in the human world if they can exist just fine in Guze? The denizens wished for a world of their own through the God of Creation, so what was the reason they can't live in Guze? I can't seem to recall this. Was Guze on the brink of destruction or something?
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 20:21   Link #94
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Hmm...yes, that makes sense. The denizens are foreign objects, so they need a local source of energy to materialize. Eh, wait, do denizens have PoE pools themselves? Why are they trying to live in the human world if they can exist just fine in Guze? The denizens wished for a world of their own through the God of Creation, so what was the reason they can't live in Guze? I can't seem to recall this. Was Guze on the brink of destruction or something?
I think I read that in guze denizes are formless beings that just exist (im guesseing gods like Alastor and Snake are an exception). The forms they take in this world are forms they either borrow from humans, torches, or they just create themselves.
Denizes want to live like humans do, they want a world like ours which is why they leave guze. Also im not sure but I think guze isnt really the prettiest place to be around either.
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2012-01-18, 23:54   Link #95
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
I really believe the problem with this Declaration of Ambition is that Yuuji's intentions are just too good enough that makes him to overlook the tiny details in the systemic balance between the forces of creation and destruction.

I agree with everybody else, that there must be a catch if creating such a copied world between the Earth and Guze, a.k.a. in between the Rift, is possible. Although it's feasible, because Serpent of the Ritual is after all the God of Creation; Alastor's diametric opposite.

I believe these wars waged between Flames Hazes and Tomogara not only have they proved them to be complex beings, but also proving that their very natures are dynamic in the sense that they constantly strive through struggle after struggle over and over.

Maybe, it's possible like most of you said that the Serpent of the Ritual has this special property in his speech and charisma that influenced vulnerable Flame Hazes to give-up the will to fight without asking questions. However, that declaration had no effect on a few extraordinary individuals like: Sophie Wallawisch, Shana, Wilhelmina, and among few others.

If anyone's still wondering why come the Tomogara are still attacking the now wavering Flame Hazes whom are not putting any more will to the fight, well I can think of that pretty much sums they (Tomogara) are relentless and ruthless and true to their colors. Unless the Tomogara gathered there believed all those Flame Hazes put on a drama act after listening to their leader's speech to try to fool the Tomogara into thinking they (Flame Hazes) were giving up the battle, and thus the Tomogara didn't buy the act. Of course, that last statement besides being utterly implausible, it's pretty much farfetch'd from my part.

If this ambition can be achieved as true what Yuuji/Sairei no Heibi declared, then I would think of Yuuji getting utterly crushed once seeing for himself that the end result turned to something he didn't expect or was out of the plan.
Guido is offline  
Old 2012-01-19, 01:33   Link #96
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post


Again Denizens are those who eat humans. Crimson lords and gods are beings that have attained that rank when they have gained tons of PoE so that is perhaps what their pool is based on.

The only case a flame haze absorbed PoE was when Shana manifested Alastor as that is the only time a Crimson Lord would actually require PoE.

Anytime a Crimson Lord manifested onto Earth (Like Frigane or the nine lords that the flame haze army fought against) they required PoE to do so.
Majority of any named Tomogara is a Lord....Including those who eat humans

Quote:
Why would Crimson Lords need PoE to remain on earth if the Lords are what the Flame Hazes get their source of PoE?
Flame Haze Lords are not in our world

Quote:
If anyone's still wondering why come the Tomogara are still attacking the now wavering Flame Hazes whom are not putting any more will to the fight, well I can think of that pretty much sums they (Tomogara) are relentless and ruthless and true to their colors.
As I said before it's simply revenge if you will...it would have happened to them had the roles been reversed. Flame Hazes aren't much better either and the war's pitiless
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-01-19, 11:13   Link #97
Senshigeia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lusitania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Please don't argue merely for the sake of argument if you don't really get what I'm trying to say. Slow down and think it through, then think again. How is me saying power =/= eating humans means saying that the denizens are good and the flame haze are bad? OK, I think I get that you've been talking about how denizens get power, but I'm simply addressing the issue of acquiring power regardless of who's doing it. Acquiring power, in itself, as an act, ignoring who's doing it, is not limited to merely eating humans.

See, you don't even know for sure where Flame Hazes get their source of power. Why would Crimson Lords need PoE to remain on earth if the Lords are what the Flame Hazes get their source of PoE? If there's anyone who can regenerate PoE, then it should be the Flame Haze, not the Lords, because it would beat the purpose of Lords needing contractors in the first place.

And yes, let's not forget that Crimson Lords ARE denizens themselves. You seem to conveniently forget that fact. So the questions are: do denizens have a pool of PoE themselves? Are they able to regenerate it by themselves? Was the reason denizens eat humans really so they could continue to exist on earth or was it so they could do more things more rapidly?

Also, I was asking whether the Flame Hazes, not the Lords, could absorb the PoE of their slain foes. Because if regeneration is limited (it must be so to make reiji maigo an extremely unique tool), then there should be another source that keeps the flame hazes at full strength (jizaihou uses PoE, and it's shown that Flame Hazes uses PoE to strengthen their body to super human levels, just as Yuuji eventually learned to). Could it be that Flame Hazes "eat" denizens similar to the way denizens "eat" human to remain at their top form ? It seems logical to me, and the most satisfying answer that doesn't vilify the Flame Hazes.

Let me keep the disclaimer that I'm not trying to make the denizens the good guys or the flame hazes the bad guys, so if you get that impression then you need to reread my posts with less bias in mind (bias is a powerful thing, it enables you to misread everything about someone else). I was merely speculating and trying to have a good discussion on the topic "where did the flame hazes get their powers from?".
erneiz_hyde pretty much said it: since the beginning of SnS III I've been reading everywhere how Yuji is being unfair, and how the series stopped making any sense. Looking back, it all makes sense to me, I mean, Yuji was never "depressed" about this, but his urge to fight along side Shana, his will to make something and change, how he looked at Shana... it all makes sense now. And now SnS is getting more and more interesting!
__________________


Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline  
Old 2012-01-19, 18:40   Link #98
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
True, the Flame Hazes were routing, it would be stupid not to cut them down. Not only is it war, but Sophie would restore they're purpose and morale right after the battle, so they'll be back to fight another day regardless. So the preview had Sale and Chiara in there, so maybe we'll see some MAMMON next episode.
syke123 is offline  
Old 2012-01-23, 02:49   Link #99
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol flame haze ragequit.

Excellent trolling, Mr. Snake Lord Guy. You just took away their Raison d'etre, and now they're out of control. We're gonna need a few hundred brights to solve this situation.

Fortunately, Shana's resolve is powered by something else now... 8/10
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.