AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-22, 13:24   Link #41
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ep 3

What's this? An actual plot forming?! This more even approach is the Bake I know.

Wasn't expecting this Kaiki fellow to be so far involved with Araragi's haremettes pasts. It was pretty interesting that he's somewhat similar to Meme in Araragi's mind. To bad he's a fake since someone one as well versed and skilled in the occult as Meme with opposing views on oddities would be a cooler antagonist.

8/10 overall from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
THANK YOU BASED SHAFT! I love them so much for including those glorious little snippets of the twister game. If Nadeko couldn't even catch Araragi's eye after that, then I'm afraid it's hopeless. Anybody else would have jumped her bones in a heartbeat. All things considered, it's a good thing he didn't (for one, because Nadeko is mine) since that would have spelled death for both him and Nadeko.
Araragi's conversation earlier with Kanbaru pretty confirmed he's even denser than Shirou (Fate/Night) and Ichika from Infinite Stratos (which is far below that of a rock). One wonders how he has a girlfriend like her to at all sometimes considering Hitagi who has a lot subtleties below her extreme behaviors.

Quote:
That said, Gahara-san was also lovely in this episode. I can see why he wants to remain faithful to her (not like he has a choice anyway ). She's incredibly cute when she isn't being abusive.
Yeah, If got someone like Hitagi as your girlfriend you're pretty much already married, break up is not an option.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 13:45   Link #42
Aleister
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Couldn't help but notice that in the end next to the cat ears there's 'shiro'. I wish it wasn't just maybe refering to the background, if you know what I mean
__________________
nyanyame nyanya nyanya-do no nyakunyoku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanya-han nyannyaku nyarabele nyogonyagame
Needless is not Action, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Sci-fi, Supernatural.
It is AWSOME.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 13:48   Link #43
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister View Post
Couldn't help but notice that in the end next to the cat ears there's 'shiro'. I wish it wasn't just maybe refering to the background, if you know what I mean
Makes me think of "death", for white is a funeral dress color.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:54   Link #44
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I only want to say like I said before, as well as Mayoi in Bake ep 13 and Kanbaru in this one, Araragi and Hanekawa as a couple just seems more natural. There HAS to be some relevance if two completely unrelated characters say the same thing(and that post was before ep 13 mind you[nor am I a novel reader]).
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:52   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It could just be the author poking fun at common tropes.

It could be argued, if you go chronologically, that Hanekawa is the "first girl", and she is the fantasy perfect girl in love with the MC...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:19   Link #46
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
This show is such gold. Koi-Koi Hanafuda, Sengoku win-shots, Kanbaru's adorable smile-wave, the artistic meeting with Kaiki, Senjougahara's brutish joking and the lead-up into the awesome cliffhanger were all brought together so fantastically. I CANNOT wait for next week's episode.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:44   Link #47
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It could just be the author poking fun at common tropes.

It could be argued, if you go chronologically, that Hanekawa is the "first girl", and she is the fantasy perfect girl in love with the MC...
Actually, if you really go chronologically, I think Nadeko is even earlier than Hanekawa...but to be honest, I can see why they would think that. I mean, I like Araragi and Senjougahara as a couple, but to me one of the primary reason that they're together is because Senjougahara confesses first. If she did not do that, and Araragi found himself single and has to choose one girl to be his girlfriend from his current harem, I'm not sure that he'll pick Senjougahara for certain.

But really, I don't mind that, in fact I find it a bit more realistic. After all, often in life you end up not with a perfect soulmate, but simply someone that you already fell in love with first. More harem girls need to take Senjougahara's approach, especially seeing how the male lead are often quite indecisive which means that he'll sway pretty easily. Just make sure to make it as direct and blunt as Senjougahara to prevent misunderstandings, and make sure to pick a location as far away from train tracks or fireworks or any other distractions.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:51   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Actually, if you really go chronologically, I think Nadeko is even earlier than Hanekawa...
He met her earlier, but I'm counting from when his life took a turn for the weird.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:21   Link #49
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Makes me think of "death", for white is a funeral dress color.
The "straight" interpretation I would take from it is simply that it was "White" Hanezawa whom Hitagi was talking to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I only want to say like I said before, as well as Mayoi in Bake ep 13 and Kanbaru in this one, Araragi and Hanekawa as a couple just seems more natural. There HAS to be some relevance if two completely unrelated characters say the same thing(and that post was before ep 13 mind you[nor am I a novel reader]).
The "Hanekawa + Koyomi" comments arise from two issues, I think. The first is that Hanekawa very successfully projects a "proper", "perfect girl" image. The second is that, to girls at least, she is rather transparently interested in Araragi. From the atmosphere surrounding Hanekawa in the first series, it's pretty clear that Hanekawa was trying to slowly establish a special relationship between her and Koyomi. Senjougahara swept in and stole him away, but it's not like those hooks in their relationship were removed yet. Hanekawa, for one thing, still retains an enormous place in Araragi's heart, even if not romantically, due to his debt of gratitude to her over the events of Golden Week. This remains a formidable obstacle to Hitagi's relationship with Araragi, because we know that moreso than his own romantic interests, Araragi's primary driver is self-sacrifice.

More specifically, I think that Mayoi's impressions of "Hanekawa and Araragi would make a nice couple" come from the fact that she met Hanekawa first. Mayoi is aware that there are unresolved feelings behind their relationship, which was particularly relevant during Tsubasa's story arc. Kanbaru meanwhile, just as she is aware of Nadeko's feelings (referring to her as the "final boss"), might be (I speculate) implanting the suggestion of a future with Hanekawa in Koyomi because she still herself is holding on to her feelings for Senjougahara. The reason that these suggestions raise the tension and are believable is because Tsubasa would have clearly been the "default" girl before Araragi met Hitagi.


Anyway, episode 3 was superb. Actually, just a day before episode 3 I went back to rewatch episode 2 as well and it was also much more relaxed and entertaining fare the second time around. But episode 3 pretty much completes the setup for the arc this time around, so that I think we can already discard any reservations about Nisemonogatari not going anywhere with the story.

Regarding Kaiki--although he's called a "fake" or a "conman", he's already shown some awareness or powers over the supernatural such that we can be sure that his knowledge of kaiis has some real legitimacy. In front of the Suruga house, Kaiki mentioned something about feeling "about 1/3rd of the aura"; if I recall correctly, the monkey's paw/rainy devil that was given to Kanbaru took 3 wishes to completely convert a subject into a demon. Kanbaru completed one of the wishes in elementary school; so Kaiki's statement seems to indicate that he could directly sense the degree of manifestation of the monkey's paw even from outside of the Suruga household.

This kind of interconnectivity makes me think that it might be surprisingly fruitful to marathon Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari together. I don't really recall the details of the Suruga family well--how did Kanbaru's mother die again? For that matter, in light of the appearance of Kaiki; I can't quite recall whether anything was said about how Gaen came into possession of the "monkey's paw" in the first place.

In the first episode, I immediately thought that Hanekawa's cancellation of Araragi's tutoring session could not be coincidental. With Kanbaru's comments and Senjougahara's reaction to Hanekawa ending this episode, they are setting up quite a bit of suspense for what she is currently doing. Haha, this is pretty masterful stuff. Love this series.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-01-23 at 00:29.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:28   Link #50
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Not a fan of Senjougahara...she needs to get dumped.

Really liked when Araragi lost it, and broke the chains. He really needs to display his vampire powers more.

Also, when Hitagi did a joke copying Mayoi's line about messing up Araragi's name, was it just written in for the hell of it? I thought Senjougahara can't see or hear Mayoi or ever met her.

Also, where's Shinobu right now?
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:18   Link #51
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
fuckin fuckin fukinc fuckin fick fuck

I loved every second of ep3. Omg, when Kaiki showed up, when Araragi broke those chains, when he made Hitagi blush, that OST, and when she sounded kinda desperate on the phone..omg.

I HAVE to know what's up between Hanekawa and Hitagi. FUCK

@HandofFate: Shinobu is in Araragi's shadow.

@Sol Falling: Holy mother, you. That's some good insight.
__________________

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-01-22 at 21:28.
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 22:28   Link #52
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Oh yes, finally, episode 3 of Nisemonogatari delivers. More than the random banter of the last 2 episodes, the exchanges in the episode clearly had a direction they're pushing the plot to. And some actual set-up with Kaiki to boot! This episode really felt like the proper start of Nise instead of the last 2.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 00:34   Link #53
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I Wouldn't mind seeing an ending like Kanbaru suggested, with her and Nadeko as mistresses.....
Also, when Araragi figured it would mean that Hachikuji was the real one, does that mean he's aware that he's a lolicon?


Man Kanbaru was cute this chapter
And Hitagi was heavenly
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 01:15   Link #54
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Shinobu is in Araragi's shadow.
Whoa man, that was poetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Oh yes, finally, episode 3 of Nisemonogatari delivers. More than the random banter of the last 2 episodes, the exchanges in the episode clearly had a direction they're pushing the plot to. And some actual set-up with Kaiki to boot! This episode really felt like the proper start of Nise instead of the last 2.
This one definitely felt like it had more progression, but hopefully you're not just watching this for plot; the Monogatari series shines best through "random banter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I Wouldn't mind seeing an ending like Kanbaru suggested, with her and Nadeko as mistresses.....
Also, when Araragi figured it would mean that Hachikuji was the real one, does that mean he's aware that he's a lolicon?

Man Kanbaru was cute this chapter
And Hitagi was heavenly
Every lolicon realizes their issue. Their cure is to find more lolis. xD
Kanbaru and Hitagi were wonderful, but damn, let's give poor Sengoku some credit here. I'd probably be mesmerized in Araragi's situation.
*waitwhosaidthat*
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 01:41   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Whoa man, that was poetic.
It's literal. Remember the end of Bake?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 01:52   Link #56
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's literal. Remember the end of Bake?
T'was just a joke; thought I'd make the most of the situation.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 04:54   Link #57
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Nisemonogatari is back on its A game with episode 3, and it's not because of plot relevant details, but simply because the character interactions and dialogue were more crisp and flowed a lot more naturally. The directing and writing was just all back to normal.

Of course, it was also made an excellent episode because of how we get to see certain things starting to come together. Really enjoy how this series sets these things up, all the way back to a simple mention of Hanekawa taking the day off haha.

But yeah, episode looks like it will be a small blip, and we are back on the road.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:26   Link #58
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea! You'd better stay with Hitagi. Prevent the other girls from getting killed.

Well apparently they're gonna go against a most dangerous target, from which Hitagi says that if he wants to get to him, he better get out of her worse. Fortunately, Arararagi is a lot tougher than most people perceive him as.

Good episode with decent pacing, and the plot is moving along as anticipated. 7/10

And yea, Kanbaru, we wouldn't want to jeopardize that relationship, no matter how tempting it may be.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:51   Link #59
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Nisemonogatari is back on its A game with episode 3, and it's not because of plot relevant details, but simply because the character interactions and dialogue were more crisp and flowed a lot more naturally. The directing and writing was just all back to normal.

Of course, it was also made an excellent episode because of how we get to see certain things starting to come together. Really enjoy how this series sets these things up, all the way back to a simple mention of Hanekawa taking the day off haha.

But yeah, episode looks like it will be a small blip, and we are back on the road.
Back
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 09:02   Link #60
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Whoa man, that was poetic.


This one definitely felt like it had more progression, but hopefully you're not just watching this for plot; the Monogatari series shines best through "random banter".


Every lolicon realizes their issue. Their cure is to find more lolis. xD
Kanbaru and Hitagi were wonderful, but damn, let's give poor Sengoku some credit here. I'd probably be mesmerized in Araragi's situation.
*waitwhosaidthat*
Hell yeah I would have pounced on Nadeko the moment she started 'presenting herself' around her room like that....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.