AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 20:26   Link #461
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I am not sure it really matters, but I thought she fell with her eye on the umbrella.... and if I am right, then there would be a connection to Mei. I could be wrong, but remember the broken glasses lying next to her? One of the lenses had a hole on it. I think it was the eye and that would explain the twitching too as she was dying.
Nah my first impresion was to that ololol she got her eye hurt.
But then you have a scene of her neck being pierced and her twiching.
Which kinda makes me wonder that she could actually survive IF:
- she doesn't bleed out

The thing is that she was kinda alive, I just wonder, she didn't hit the artery cause it was in the center of neck, but if she did Hit her spine then how come she was still twiching and moving ...

And if she pierced her eye it would be insta death as her brain would be you know kinda pierced.

Still I myself like this show but wouldn't want to just see the kids die. For me it ain't fun to just see some kids having stupid deaths, its like one of those retarded horror movies ... But I hope future eps will be better with more mystery and less stupid deaths.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:32   Link #462
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And if she pierced her eye it would be insta death as her brain would be you know kinda pierced.
Not necessarily. People are known to survive shots in their head and similar injuries. Of course most people bite the dust with such a sever injury. It really depends under what angle the umbrella tip went in. Injured brain could cause the twitching...... plus, she died fairly quickly too.

But like I said, I could be totally wrong. I just thought she hurt her eye, because right before impaling herself she looked into the shiny tip and then there were the glasses with the hole in one lense.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:35   Link #463
leeo268

The MC touching his own throat most likely imply that the umbrella pierced her throat. This is a very ridiculous way to die. First, I never seen a umbrella with pointy sharp end like that. Second, it is unlikely the umbrella will fall faster than her unless she throw it for some reason?! Third, the umbrella will handle will most likely slip down the floor the moment she hit unless it is like glue to the stair. Last of all, this is probably a bigger nightmare for that umbrella company, lol.

Still pretty creepy regardless. MC should skip town fast as possible or hire some Buddhist /Christian exorcists or see a psychologist.
leeo268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:36   Link #464
Xaturas

pause at 22:46 then at 23:03 she has her neck pierced around where men have Adam Apple.
Looks like her spine was pierced, and the tip is out, considering the length of her neck, her brain would be pierced trough and tip would end on her inner skull of her back skull.

Btw I thought this scene was realistic at first, as there was no blood gushing out shounen style, but to be frank she bleed like 5L tank being shoot ... kinda to much blood imo.

And as the person above me said, its damn stupid way to die.

She hit her head true, but she didn't loose her conciousnes.
While falling down she saw the umbrella in a *I Stab YA NAO!@!* position.
She could easily put her hands infront of her to stab them and slow down the falling.
Then the umbrella is kinda standing ... its retarded that such handle could stop her as it would slip on the slippery floor with such a shape.
Not to mention that the tip isn't long enough to pierce her as much as it did. It kinda pierced her about 3-5cm outside the back of her neck. That means that even material part should be inside her throat, which is retarded as umbrella was open.

Yeah I know that death is all dramatic and stuff, but after watching the scene like 4-5 times you find it funny, cause theres to many nitpicks you can find as its impossible. But its animu so Darwin Award to this girl for stupid death.

Ohh and glasses broke cause they fell on that floor, they look chipped not pierced.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:40   Link #465
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
pause at 22:46 then at 23:03 she has her neck pierced around where men have Adam Apple.
Looks like her spine was pierced, and the tip is out, considering the length of her neck, her brain would be pierced trough and tip would end on her inner skull of her back skull.

Btw I thought this scene was realistic at first, as there was no blood gushing out shounen style, but to be frank she bleed like 5L tank being shoot ... kinda to much blood imo.
I just rewatched it and yes, the tip is sticking out of her neck. You are prolly right. The first time I watched it, I couldnt even look because it was quite a strong coffee. havent seen any decent horror animes in a while.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:44   Link #466
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I just rewatched it and yes, the tip is sticking out of her neck. You are prolly right. The first time I watched it, I couldnt even look because it was quite a strong coffee. havent seen any decent horror animes in a while.
Hmm me on the contrary, I don't like horror stuff I just cant stuff them, watching movies like SAW would make me puke probably. However I replayed this scene 3 times at first and now 2 times, and to be frank its funny now rather than scarry (my prev post).
I even though about making a signature of her leg twiching, as her umbrella pierced ones would be to NFSW for this forum ^^ and it makes me go lulz.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:46   Link #467
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

And as the person above me said, its damn stupid way to die.

She hit her head true, but she didn't loose her conciousnes.
While falling down she saw the umbrella in a *I Stab YA NAO!@!* position.
She could easily put her hands infront of her to stab them and slow down the falling.
Then the umbrella is kinda standing ... its retarded that such handle could stop her as it would slip on the slippery floor with such a shape.
Not to mention that the tip isn't long enough to pierce her as much as it did. It kinda pierced her about 3-5cm outside the back of her neck. That means that even material part should be inside her throat, which is retarded as umbrella was open.

Yeah I know that death is all dramatic and stuff, but after watching the scene like 4-5 times you find it funny, cause theres to many nitpicks you can find as its impossible. But its animu so Darwin Award to this girl for stupid death.

Ohh and glasses broke cause they fell on that floor, they look chipped not pierced.
Well I don't think curse-induced deaths are deserving of Darwin Awards even though they may be stupid.....

It's like getting hit on the head by frozen crap that a space station decided to launch from orbit and which somehow survived reentry
Old 2012-01-23, 20:51   Link #468
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeo268 View Post
Still pretty creepy regardless. MC should skip town fast as possible or hire some Buddhist /Christian exorcists or see a psychologist.

You have an interesting point there. For starters I am surprised the 3rd class has any students at all, because if I was a parent, I would make sure my kid attends a different class or school.

But putting that aside, I wonder, if the accident happened, because Kouichi was sticking his nose where it doesnt belong. He was warned by his classmates to stop snooping, because it is dangerous.... and suddenly megane-chan dies. I wonder, how he will react when he figures out, he caused her death. I bet then he will need the psycologist for sure.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:59   Link #469
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

That was disturbing. Still can't decide if the end was decent or shocking for the sake of getting shock values, but I'm now more intrigued for the next episode.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:59   Link #470
BakaOnna

I dunno why but is there a possible reason as to why the parrot keeps calling out "Rei"? And especially in this episode when it went "Why Rei? Why?". I find it really creepy. Also, isn't Rei what people call the aunt?
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 21:40   Link #471
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who makes umbrella tips this sharp and long anyways?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 21:49   Link #472
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Who makes umbrella tips this sharp and long anyways?
in the past, this kind of umbrella r used as walking stick for the aged as well as using it for self defence
Old 2012-01-23, 22:05   Link #473
UnknownSoldier

If you google umbrella under images, I think the third result or something has a decently thin tip; so it's plausible to have had an umbrella that could do that.

Reminds me of a death from the Final Destination series; entirely possible, but not likely to happen.
UnknownSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:06   Link #474
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
That wouldn't solve anything. A curse is usually unbiased to the cursed one's location.
Whether or not it'd work I'd try anyways in that situation . Though maybe they should just shut down the whole school, build a fresh and hope the curse doesn't automatically transfer. That or just not have a class 3.

Regardless that was one rough way to end an episode. You could kind of see it coming when she went down the stairs with the umbrella, but utterly disturbing regardless.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:07   Link #475
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I certainly like the ambiguity over whether Mei is a ghost or not. Saying that she hates cell phones was certainly an interesting thing to say, with her noting that anyone could find you with one of those.

The ending was a bit shocking, but put in the right place certainly. The music once again really was doing its job in setting the mood.

Spoiler for speculations:

Mei is still pretty much moe for me, even though she can be scary at moments. I have to give credit to Noizi Itou's designs there. Episode ranks a 9.5/10.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:04   Link #476
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well I don't think curse-induced deaths are deserving of Darwin Awards even though they may be stupid.....

It's like getting hit on the head by frozen crap that a space station decided to launch from orbit and which somehow survived reentry
Frozen crap wouldn't survive atmosphere heat, and if it did it wouldn't be frozen anymore ^^.
If that would happen then thousands of people a year would die from meteorite hits.

I know curse shit is shit, but still god make it less stupid, next you know some kid will die burned alive while he was burning trash, the other will die falling out from a window, and next one will die cause a lamp in class will fall on his head.
It just look stupid how she died, when humans fall they usualy use their hands to block the objects or lesser the fall damage, she was falling like a ski jumper, the problem is that she was stupid enough to fall on her umbrella which could be clasified as piercing weapon ...

As for the school/class issue, if its so retarded that kids die once every time in this school then I wonder why goverment just won't make a new one. Parents shouldn't even allow kids to be there ^^. If I knew that school my kid (don't have any) will be atending has a tendency for *stupid deaths* I'm sure I wouldn't allow him/her to go there.

Also wonder about ep 4, will they crucify him, will there be a backlash, will he do something or will he just snoop some more.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:14   Link #477
FateAnomaly

I don't think Mei cause her death well not directly. I think the situation is like this. Those who are closer to death are able to see her.

If Mei's manifestation is a result of MC poking his nose in it, then it doesn't really make much sense. The teachers and students are all aware of the phenomenon yet they transfer a new student into it.... unless their daily lives are too boring or there are worse things in the other 4 classes.

Also i agree the girl died in a pretty lame way. Somewhat like a final destination death.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:16   Link #478
karuroso

wow that ending was very intense... kinda strange a umbrella be able to do this but still believable and made me somewhat glad that I hate to use umbrellas... another week and again I feel the urge to go read the manga >_>

oh yeah and I felt ashamed of myself for thinking for a second Misaki would show a geass under the eyepatch D= goddamn Ali Project
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:22   Link #479
Xaturas

Only 10 chapters of manga translated its around v2 from whole 4 vols.
I myself kinda peaked at novel thread but without getting any spoilers just info that story is more of detective/wtf series than horror.
However if the whole class will really start dying one after another I will go Wtf ^^. They should just run away rather than be a sitting ducks waiting for their share of lead.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:34   Link #480
Jimmy C

Quote:
If I knew that school my kid (don't have any) will be atending has a tendency for *stupid deaths* I'm sure I wouldn't allow him/her to go there.
That's the thing about Japan, especially before the 21st century. People don't talk about "bad" things like that, lest it happens to you. Everyone tries to pretend nothing's wrong or nothing's happened and pray that it won't happen to them.

And about Mei's green eye. When she said it was a doll's, my first thought was, "they couldn't give you a red one instead?"

"It would have been the wrong shade anyway."

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2012-01-23 at 23:47.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen