AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 14:56   Link #361
Dop
We can't stop here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
By the way, D.O.P. what series does that adorable "YES/NO" avatar hail from?
Morita-san wa Mukuchi, it's from the second season episode where she's got a cold and her mother is asking her what she'd like to eat, to which she answers using the pillows.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:28   Link #362
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

This series truly is a breath of fresh air. While the mecha battles may not be as flashy as other series, its still pretty griping due to how unorthodox Madoka's fighting style is. It was great how she spent the majority of the battle trying to prevent damage to the city as well as protecting its inhabitants.

So Muginami is a princess hmm, atleast im assuming that remark about the princess was refering to her.

It looks like Lan's got alot of fans. Cant blame anyone, she is so f'ing cute & adorable, probably my fave character for this season so far. Almost had the same reaction as mangatron when Izo grabbed her Vox. On one hand its like "how dare he & without my or Madoka's permission" but on the other its totally understandable.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:41   Link #363
Rayrah
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Likely it is something that depends on the user/pilot.

If say persons like the boys controlled the Vox then yes it could be a bringer of destruction.

But with pure maidens like Madoka it would be a power for good.

Thing is Kirius and Array were expecting to get killed right there. They haven't recognized the Vox's pilots lack killing intent.

Array thinks his buddy was downed underwater when in fact he was German supplexed and lost consciousness ending up a prisoner of Earth.
Perhaps. But if the Vox robots have bonded with their pilots, that means that only the pilots they bonded with can control them. Kirius and Array would be unable to pilot the Vox robots even if they want to.

It can also be argued that a purer something is, the easier it is to corrupt or taint. Iím wondering if this is the case here.

Honestly speaking, I didn't see any reason for either of the girls to exhibit any form of killing intent; all they needed to do was either beat their opponents into submissions or simply scare them off.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 17:21   Link #364
chaos_animagic

<--- still a bit confused about the "plot" LOL

From the summary, it's suppose to be something about fighting "space invaders"... but those "space invaders" looks just like regular humans piloting Robots too...
BTW, I wonder if they'll ever say anything about how those robots like Vox came to be... (cause they were just there from the beginning... did they build it? or did it also came from outer space?) Donno....
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 17:39   Link #365
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
<--- still a bit confused about the "plot" LOL

From the summary, it's suppose to be something about fighting "space invaders"... but those "space invaders" looks just like regular humans piloting Robots too...
BTW, I wonder if they'll ever say anything about how those robots like Vox came to be... (cause they were just there from the beginning... did they build it? or did it also came from outer space?) Donno....
About that it'll be revealed eventually.

Presently there are two factions fighting. One got first dibs making an alliance with Earth.

But this isn't the front line. Moid promises reinforcements would come once they've won. That's isn't very reassuring... It sounds like they are the loosing side.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 18:59   Link #366
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
@djmaca
It is not Tony Taka but Misaki Kurehito or Suiheisen.
Oh? I thought it was T2. Or raether, I was told it's his. :P
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:12   Link #367
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Now, one twist to the mecha battles in this episode was the degree of concern that Madoka showed over collateral damage, even including property damage and crushed farms. You almost never see that in explosive action-oriented anime shows. Heck, even in American comic books and Hollywood movies this often is a side-issue at most. Here in Lagrange, it was a constant focus for Madoka, and I think that adds a welcomed dash of realism to everything that is going on, making it more immersive. As upbeat as Madoka is, there's still a down-to-Earth quality to her in that she never loses sight of "the little guy" or what she is fighting for in a practical sense. It makes for a neat contrast between her and the more proud and vaguely aristocratic male antagonists that she fights against. Madoka comes across as a warrior of the people whereas they come across as having a certain air of nobility to them.
She's indeeda clear contrast to the boys, wh have a haughty and arrogant air to them, and they didn't care about the town (and the people in it) getting destroyed either, despite pretending to "mean no harm".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Triple_R said it best, I feel the same way he does. I never imagine this show would be this good. In fact, I thought that there was going to be no new shows from this season that would interest me. Glad to see that this and Senki Zesshou Symphogear have surprised me.
This turned out better than expected for me as well. Symphogear has also surprised me, but quite opposite to this, only in a very bad way. I don't like getting massively trolled, right in the first episode even
Old 2012-01-23, 23:40   Link #368
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

is this show also a 1 cour series? i hope not 12eps wouldnt do this justice and id hate if they rush the ending
Old 2012-01-23, 23:42   Link #369
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes and no. It's a planned split cour, so both halves should be viewed as a cohesive whole, even if they're split by a few months.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:49   Link #370
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Yes and no. It's a planned split cour, so both halves should be viewed as a cohesive whole, even if they're split by a few months.
i hope its months and not years
Old 2012-01-23, 23:55   Link #371
Midonin
Last Engage

It's months. The first season and the second will only be separated by a one-cour (three month) break, and then the action starts back up again.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:49   Link #372
winhlp32
(¨‿¨)

Episode 3:

- Kirius mistaking Madoka's reckless move to try and catch the blade twice as some Earth ritual was cute. Nearly as FOB as Ichika from AnoNatsu.

- I laughed at the "Madoka and Lan holding hands among a midst of sparkles" scene. It was both cliche and kind of adorable at the same time.

- Animation continues to be solid. The robots are very sleek and pretty, If I had any minor gripe its that the scenery can stand to improve a bit. Not asking for Star Driver but its been a little plain so far.

- Episode was very much enjoyable. Madoka continues to talk too much but she's still very likeable. The foundation for the series has pretty much been laid, and I'm excited to see where this is going next.

- Really like the Misaki Kurehito endcard. Too bad she isn't more prolific.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 04:04   Link #373
FateAnomaly

An unexpectedly good show (the title is totally misleading). The fanservice is somewhat out of place though. There is no plausible reason Madoka's uniform has to be so exposed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 04:09   Link #374
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Madoka is the best female mecha lead since Noriko. That's really all I have to say.
Old 2012-01-24, 04:39   Link #375
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
The fanservice is somewhat out of place though.
Nah, IMHO, the fanservice is kept at a proper amount, rather than at over-the-top quantities.
Old 2012-01-24, 05:03   Link #376
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Nah, IMHO, the fanservice is kept at a proper amount, rather than at over-the-top quantities.
the way this show is, fanservice doesnt ruin it, hell the only fanservice ive seen so far is in the 1st episode.

I am hoping for more Yuri though or at the bare minimum some MadokaxKirius moments.

Anime without romance seems really flat and boring to me
Old 2012-01-24, 05:10   Link #377
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
.Anime without romance seems really flat and boring to me
The director has stated there'll be no romance,only thing you might get is yuri undertones so keep your yuri goggles on because you're going to need them.
Old 2012-01-24, 05:11   Link #378
FateAnomaly

I didn't say the fanservice is too much though. I said it is out of place.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:52   Link #379
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I didn't say the fanservice is too much though. I said it is out of place.
3 hot girls piloting robots..........it seems the perfect setting to have fanservice to me lol
Old 2012-01-24, 09:03   Link #380
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Fan service leads to blushing leads to yuri and yuri leads to the dark side.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri