AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-20, 03:09   Link #2041
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
uhmmm, what the? HTT sings on London Olympics?

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/si...remonies-2.asp
(they're #135 now)
i just voted for them. they should also perform there because of the impact of the movie...
(i sure hope they do. i'll spend all my money just to go to London...)
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:26   Link #2042
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
In the Come With Me live concert, is that Tom H@ck on Guitar? that is Tom H@ck! very cool!, Also who's the other guitarist?
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-01-23 at 02:54.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:53   Link #2043
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
^ uhmmm, which song in particular? correct me if i'm wrong, but Tom H@ck is the one who wrote the lyrics of Cagayake!GIRLS, right? (too lazy to check the internet, and i won't as a protest against SOPA, hahaha. specially the first part)
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:43   Link #2044
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
^ uhmmm, which song in particular? correct me if i'm wrong, but Tom H@ck is the one who wrote the lyrics of Cagayake!GIRLS, right?
Tom-H@ck is on guitar throughout the show (both shows, actually). He didn't write lyrics, but he's the composer of (off the top of my head) Cagayake!GIRLS, GO!GO!MANIAC, Utayo!!MIRACLE, Fuyu no Hi and many of the character songs.
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:05   Link #2045
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Mio Would love these pictures



Spoiler for Picture:

Band on the Run Paul Playing some sweet bass lines in Africa 1973

Spoiler for Picture:

Paul McCartney on a flipped Fender Bass
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 23:00   Link #2046
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
After re-watching K-ON!!, in Ep06 I noticed Yui got tired after re-stringing her guitar. Which to me, restringing is huge hassle.

notice how she went through like five packs of strings. I can relate.. I suck at putting strings back onto a guitar. I typically break a string while trying (the E or B strings). It sucks because if you break one string you would have to buy an entire new set of strings because they only sell one of each. I once went through 4 packs (each pack of strings is like 5 buckaroos) just too get it right.. I have respect for those who can Re-string. Its a skill that has too be mastered.
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-02-28 at 22:03. Reason: changed it to Jpeg Img
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:00   Link #2047
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
^ wait, are those five packs/sets of strings, or are they just the packaging of the individual strings in one set? anyways. restringing is a talent. i still haven't mastered it, i still kept on getting fewer/more wounds than what i like. once, it took me 2 sets because i broke the first string on my first try (and still, the second try was not perfect)

and for other stuff. i salute this fan. this is what you call DEDICATION
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-film-in-japan
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 04:39   Link #2048
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
^ wait, are those five packs/sets of strings, or are they just the packaging of the individual strings in one set? anyways. restringing is a talent. i still haven't mastered it, i still kept on getting fewer/more wounds than what i like. once, it took me 2 sets because i broke the first string on my first try (and still, the second try was not perfect)
I've never heard of D'Addario packaging strings like that so I assume it must be sets of strings.
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 05:08   Link #2049
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
^XD . ok, you got me. i failed at acting cool. i never did buy D'Addario before, so i don't really know. so she had to go to 5 full sets? and Ritsu's reaction to the moment explains it all.
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...

Last edited by LightMusicBand; 2012-03-01 at 09:37.
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:41   Link #2050
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Hmmm, my strings tend to come in a pack with each string individually packaged. But whatever...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 23:15   Link #2051
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, my strings tend to come in a pack with each string individually packaged. But whatever...
whoa really? what kind of strings do you use? Typically for D'Addario each string inside the pack are separated by a white paper plastic case. I can imagine the reason why they do this in-order too save money instead of reprinting each pack per string.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
holy smokes!
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-03-04 at 23:50.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 02:37   Link #2052
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
I've heard of individually packed strings before, but usually those don't include the whole outer packaging. Anyway, when I order, this is the way the strings come packaged, all 6 in one bag.
Spoiler for image:
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 02:18   Link #2053
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
whoa really? what kind of strings do you use? Typically for D'Addario each string inside the pack are separated by a white paper plastic case. I can imagine the reason why they do this in-order too save money instead of reprinting each pack per string.




holy smokes!
errr, yeah, that's what I was trying to describe... Trenton's picture for the win.

And I just noticed that every single package around Yui is an outer package... my gods, the carnage of string

I think I've broken ONE string putting on new ones in my entire life o.O
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 03:24   Link #2054
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
I think I've only broken maybe 4 strings total, but 2 were cheap beginner-quality high E strings so I dunno if they count. The other two were kind of interesting, one I broke while trying to tune my Floyd Rose because I hadn't adjusted the fine tuners properly, and the other was on my beginner guitar where—get this—I managed to snap the nut in half while restringing, right where the G string goes, which broke that G string, of course. I managed to reattach the nut with some super glue but those bottom 3 strings have never sounded the same.
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 11:06   Link #2055
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Maybe d'Addario changed their packaging. I remember buying their packs of strings with such individual string paper envelopes. Perhaps that's how they are packaged in Japan still.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 13:18   Link #2056
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Maybe d'Addario changed their packaging. I remember buying their packs of strings with such individual string paper envelopes. Perhaps that's how they are packaged in Japan still.
I've bought strings packaged like that beforeónot D'Addario, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that too at some point or maybe for certain string types. Still, I'm pretty sure that doesn't explain all the outer packaging strewn on the floor around Yui!
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:45   Link #2057
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well this is Yui we are talking about.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:46   Link #2058
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
^Other than her just being really, really bad at restringing her guitar, which, given how it's Yui we're talking about, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 18:31   Link #2059
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Girl Bands.... if K-On! took more of Sawa-chan's advice:


(the group is called ThundHerStruck, an AC/DC tribute band -- I understand AC/DC approves, heh, yes this is a "garage band" having fun)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:47   Link #2060
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Oh, I love good news in the morning:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...c-guitar-sales
Quote:
The Sankei News reported on Saturday that electric guitar imports reached an all-time high last year, driven by a growth in sales of low-priced models to school-aged females that the article credits the K-ON! series for contributing to.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-15 at 12:36.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, kyoto animation, light music, moe, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.